test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/8/2018

2»

Comments

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    PYRAMID POWER alert: since the change to making it a BURST, it has lost even more popularity than before, this may be why
    It always has been a Burst. The problem is that it's a long and tedious one, where as the other Burst (Rad Rumble) is very short. Shorten the length (perhaps nix the outdoor section), and I'm sure you'd see more people queuing it.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Nice to increase alerts rewards.
    But sadly , i fear that all it's gonna do is detourning more people from game storyline quests, APs and CSs and bringing more leechers in alerts. And i begin to be really sick of starting points campers who leech their levels, scam team after team, claim rewards they do not earned or deserved, and shamelessly pose in ren cen or caprice as "awfully overpowered gods that noone can beat" despite their pathetic cowardice.
    So much time alerts exist in this game, and still nothing has ever been done to prevent people to just sit, wait and get rewarded for that. And other players, those who do all the work, have no recourse against it.
    Sorry for the salt, i'm happy to have an increase in my alerts rewards. But knowing that i will run in even more leechers than before because they are more encouraged and rewarded to leech prevent me to really appreciate it.

I think I know exactly who you are talking about.

And I agree, buffing Alerts is a terrible idea.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Since I don't care about the MC posers that is not a concern for me. All my 40s can solo the alerts so the leechers just make me look even better.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User

Since I don't care about the MC posers that is not a concern for me. All my 40s can solo the alerts so the leechers just make me look even better.

All my chars can solo alerts too, but i am nobody's butler.
    That has nothing to do with alert completion, it 's a matter of fairness and respect.
    If you click "join", you fight or you leave. I do not care if people's contribution is great or minimal, as long as they participate. If they don't, they infringe the contract consisting in doing their part, contract they accepted by clicking "join", and are nothing more than scamming thieves, and so they shouldn't have access to reward.
    No fight, no reward. Simple. That's how things should be.
    Instead of that, the current system allow and even encourage leeching, and majority of players "tolerate" it or feel like "they look better" when parasites fu#% them.
    Cannot really blame these players considering the only kind of recourse we have access to is the "leave" option, which punish more the players than the leecher.

So if it's planned to add some polish to alerts someday, some of us would like to see the leeching issue adressed.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You care way too much.

As long as I can beat the alert, I do not care what others do with their time. I’m their for my own reward and fun...not theirs.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    And that's how Leechers get away with being scumbags and move to leech bigger content like Rampages (HEY Remember that guy who kept leeching Rampages and posted on the chatrooms about how proud he was!?), Open World Events and Cosmics (the last being actually punishing since it has anti-leech mechanics)

Ignorance is not the solution, this is a MMO and Leeching is an active offense that violates the rules of the game​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Eh, there are so, so, so many other things this game needs that I'm not going to care about leechers who don't actually interfere in any meaningful way with my completion of an activity. Trolls on the other hand ...
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork

Eh, there are so, so, so many other things this game needs that I'm not going to care about leechers who don't actually interfere in any meaningful way with my completion of an activity. Trolls on the other hand ...

Do not forget there is a big number of leveling players in these alerts. Maybe one leecher do not affect my or your completion of alerts, but for a team of lv < 20; a leeching deadweight can be the difference between success and fail, particularily in timed alerts

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Do not forget there is a big number of leveling players in these alerts. Maybe one leecher do not affect my or your completion of alerts, but for a team of lv < 20; a leeching deadweight can be the difference between success and fail, particularily in timed alerts

Leveling players don't generally do smash alerts, which are the only ones with timers.
    Wrong, daily smash grants xp. So as red winter.
    I see level <40 every day in all alerts.
    And i'm 100% sure of it because looking at who is in my team is the first thing i do when i join an alert. To be sure no known leecher is there...
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    If some level 40 is blowing through an alert, there isn't much a leveling character can do anyway outside of keeping up. It's very easy for a leveling characters to simply get killed by the mob pulls. If I'm leveling a toon and see someone plowing through, I generally don't bother doing much. They certainly don't need my help and it generally just gets me killed trying to participate.

I generally don't see leechers anyway. If you think there will be more leechers, you're way over estimating how many people ever do non-alert content. Someone willing to level through story mission isn't likely to be a leecher anyway. They've already chosen to do more than someone sitting in RenCen clicking the alert button.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    I think I have been on 1 alert in the last couple years that has failed. I Just don't encounter this problem. Not saying that it might not exist. Just that from my perspective I'd rather see Dev time spent on other things. I'm more concerned about players who see an alert is full of low level characters and then bail, making it take longer for me to carry everyone else through.

The only Rampage where I can see a leecher being a problem is SC that launches with few players and no healers, but that's bad news anyway. LI can't be failed, F&I is mostly PQs so any leecher will not be asked back in. Gravitar can be failed, but that's mostly because of a lack of heals and rezzes, a single leecher won't generally affect it.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    LI can most certainly be failed, perhaps not by a timer. But if everyone leaves at the end, for whatever reason, before the final boss is defeated that's a fail. I've seen that happen more then once because the team simply lacked the dps.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    draogn said:

LI can most certainly be failed, perhaps not by a timer. But if everyone leaves at the end, for whatever reason, before the final boss is defeated that's a fail. I've seen that happen more then once because the team simply lacked the dps.

Lacked the DPS? I can believe that peeps would get frustrated because it's dragging, but the only way to fail is to give up. Just keep pounding on it and it'll eventually die.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

I'm more concerned about players who see an alert is full of low level characters and then bail, making it take longer for me to carry everyone else through.

No harm intended to you specifically, but if i am teamed with someone from my ignore list i caught leeching or trolling in the past, I'll bail, regardless of what you or anybody will think about it. And that has nothing to do with the number of mates, level, or class present in alert with me. As i said i can do it alone with no effort.
    But I refuse to offer a free win to leeching parasites. It's a principle.
    So as long as we will not have better options than bailing to not be fu#%ed by leechers, i'll bail and let you deal with it the way you want. And i'm not sorry about it. Because, if leechers leech, it is also because some people let them do it.
    And no, refusing to be scammed does not make me a troll. Not even a little.

It does when it means ruining runs.

There was one particularly memorable run where, back when Tanya was still around level 12 or 15, I had to tank a bank robbery alert because THREE people bailed before we even got to the boss and the other guy was dressed like Batman and equally squishy.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sterga said:

If some level 40 is blowing through an alert, there isn't much a leveling character can do anyway outside of keeping up. It's very easy for a leveling characters to simply get killed by the mob pulls. If I'm leveling a toon and see someone plowing through, I generally don't bother doing much. They certainly don't need my help and it generally just gets me killed trying to participate.

I generally don't see leechers anyway. If you think there will be more leechers, you're way over estimating how many people ever do non-alert content. Someone willing to level through story mission isn't likely to be a leecher anyway. They've already chosen to do more than someone sitting in RenCen clicking the alert button.​​

I kind of do the same. If some rockstar is pulling half the alert at a time I just turtle up behind my block until all the mobs fire off their big attacks. Then I just tap blast mobs down. The inverse applies too. If someone dies to my pulls they need to block through it until the damage spikes stop going off and the aggro settles on someone.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
    edited March 2018
    Might as well sit in powerhouse and report clones all day....leechers leech...oh well, leave alert then....

But pretend there are 3 others who depend on you to stay! Just report them and move on.

Bailing is just as bad as leeching

Just report them and move on.

I did enough reports to know it's useless.

Bailing is just as bad as leeching

Letting leechers leech is just as bad as leeching
    That's what is good with opinions, everybody has one.

I wonder what's somebody like Peter Parker would think about what is worse:
    Doing what you can to prevent a theft, or just ignore it ?
    Of course i do not really wonder, i already know the answer.

Would Spider-Man leave his team and run?

Yeah...we know the answer.

Would Spider-Man leave his team and run?

Leechers do not do anything, so they cannot be considered as "team".
    Leecher 's ability to leech entirely rest on people who carry them.
    So if people are not concerned enough or too lazy to do what it takes to definitly prevent leechers from scamming them, they are part of the problem and not the solution.
    Everyone has access to the "leave" button.
    If they refuse to use it, and prefer encourage leechers shi##y attitude, i will not drop a tear for them if they have harder time than usual to complete their alert.

It's fabulous how people understand and approve the anti leech mechanic of the minimum score requiered to complete a cosmic but do not care for the other content.

Do you think it's normal or right to see 9 people spending 20 minutes on a lemurian invasion and see the guy who spent 20 minutes watching youtube videos while waiting on the starting point linking his scale reward in chat window ?
    Do not find that very fair personnally.

You have no idea what is happening on that other side.

9 heroes run because one isn’t moving.

Go team!

You have no idea what is happening on that other side.

Except in the particular run i described, i knew it. The troll told us.

Anyway the "why" are they leeching is irrelevant, in the end some people are rewarded for No contribution at all.
    And it is unacceptable, at least for me.
    Contribution have not to be huge. Just minimum participation. I am tolerant for that.
    But no contribution, no reward.
    While leechers are annoyingm their actual impact on *most* players is so small that I just can't see the devs investing any effort into it. I'd much rather have them invest their limited resources into new content.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Getting alerts to queue is hard enough (especially like rampages) if you can’t get it done with 4 or 9 people, then please leave and try again.

But if you can and the idea of someone not joining is weighing so heavily on your soul you just can’t seem to be able to continue....then stop joining alerts. You are ruining the limited time of the many because of the few.

You are ruining the limited time of the many because of the few.

Including my own, would be cool to not forget it.

then stop joining alerts.

Constructive solution. Stop joining alerts.
    I will not punish myself more than what i already do. I loose already enough time because of lazy players, i will certainly not stop playing content i like in addition just because of them.
    You know, maybe you just discovered it recently but it's been five years i'm talking about leeching problems in alerts. And i made several suggestions about it.
    The easier being what's been done in cosmic, a minimal score to obtain.
    I even suggested to allow people to queue solo to avoid leechers and not bother people.
    And nothing has ever been done.
    I did more than my part to see alerts exploitable design corrected.
    Now if people and devs think leechers are not a problem, fine, i respect your opinion.
    But if someone who bring no contribution to a team and just leech is not a problem, i suppose that probably means someone who stop to bring his contribution and leave is also not a problem either.
    Maybe when enough people will realize that "no problematic things" can be or become problematic, things will finally move.
  • layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    grievehart wrote: »
    Letting leechers leech is just as bad as leeching
    That's what is good with opinions, everybody has one.

I wonder what's somebody like Peter Parker would think about what is worse:
    Doing what you can to prevent a theft, or just ignore it ?
    Of course i do not really wonder, i already know the answer.

I don't think there is anything heroic in abandoning 3 people in order to punish 1. I don't think Peter Parker would be that spiteful either.

Personally, I'd rather be helping others instead of focusing on hurting individuals I've declared as enemies.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2018
    Leeching is not acceptable behavior in any part of the game.

With alerts the solution is in no way simple.
    • Adding a minimum score would just lock out lowbie players from getting rewards when there are high level players sweeping through the alert.
    • Dividing up the alerts by level range to prevent high and low levels in the same alert to get around this would not be a good idea.
    • Even though players are all set to the same level, high level players still have access to their superstats, gear, all power choices, etc., so while it is a more even playing field, there still is a wide margin.
    • Changing what happens to players when they are set to a specified level to try and even things out would be no trivial task and isn't in the cards.

There are other things we could try to deter leeching in alerts, but they aren't simple to execute and we'd only want to act on one if we're sure it wouldn't create situations where players legitimately trying to help don't get any contribution.

With Cosmics we want to make sure players are actually contributing for rewards. Alerts are meant to be much more lenient for contribution.​​
    Peter Parker refused to stop a thief, which cost his uncle 's life. He regretted it for the rest of his existence.

Other people have the "leave" option too. I would be more than happy to carry them in another instance without leecher.
    layene said:

Personally, I'd rather be helping others instead of focusing on hurting individuals I've declared as enemies.​​

And personnaly i'd rather help people who deserve it. People who fight, and try their best to be contributive to the team and that despite a weak toon or low level. I have been impressed many times by the guts, and even the skill of some leveling lowbies. That's where i found honnor and pleasure in alerts.
    But far from me to say you how to enjoy your alerts

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Peter Parker refused to stop a thief, which cost his uncle 's life. He regretted it for the rest of his existence.

Peter should have stayed in the "stop a thief" alert instead of bailing.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Peter should have stayed in the "stop a thief" alert instead of bailing. Then he wouldn't have so many regrets.

Psimon, rackshassa, viper x and all other boss in "The stop a thief" alert are virtual.
    The player hidden behind his leeching character is real. And bailing is the only way to stop him or at least complicate his scam.

edited March 2018

it 's a matter of fairness and respect.
    If you click "join", you fight or you leave. I do not care if people's contribution is great or minimal, as long as they participate. If they don't, they infringe the contract consisting in doing their part, contract they accepted by clicking "join", and are nothing more than scamming thieves, and so they shouldn't have access to reward.
    No fight, no reward. Simple. That's how things should be.
    Instead of that, the current system allow and even encourage leeching, and majority of players "tolerate" it or feel like "they look better" when parasites fu#% them.

kaizerin said:

Leeching is not acceptable behavior in any part of the game.​​

Surely then the issue is that GMs are not doing what they could to stomp out this behaviour. I see some folks saying they have reported these leechers many times.

If this is true then why aren't the GMs stopping it?

.....bailing is the only way to stop him or at least complicate his scam.

Nah, the only real way of stopping it is for Cryptic GMs to do their job.

The way you go about it isn't doing anything.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Peter should have stayed in the "stop a thief" alert instead of bailing.
    You'll regret trying to use common sense here.

But......my common sense is tingling!!!
    zrdRBy8.png

But......my common sense is tingling!!!
    Then you should leave it!

I suppose common sense is relative.
    For a lot of people, it's common sense to not let people scam you.
    Of course there are always funny exceptions who think that when someone abuse them, they must accept it and ask for more, and even try to convince others it's common sense.
    kaizerin said:

With Cosmics we want to make sure players are actually contributing for rewards. Alerts are meant to be much more lenient for contribution.​​

Indeed, a contribution of zero to be rewarded, Lenient is a very appropriate word

• layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User

And who could forget how that event led to Peter Parker's relentless, vigilant, and humorless pursuit of thieves to the detriment of the rest New York. Oh wait...

I suppose common sense is relative.
    For a lot of people, it's common sense to not let people scam you.
    Of course there are always funny exceptions who think that when someone abuse them, they must accept it and ask for more, and even try to convince others it's common sense.

Compares scenario to actual heroes....but promotes running away because Timmy isn't fighting too!! wahh!! That is your logic.

I could probably count on my hand the number of times I dealt with a leecher....and if that number is higher than I was too busy to notice because I was HEROING.

You want to leave three innocent player in the dust and force them to retreat because you can't handle AFK players, so be it.

And no one is scamming you. You are there to fight and save the day, stop worrying about the others. If you can't do the mission with 4 people then yeah...leave, start over.

Or just stop running them...Jesus. It's a freaking game.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Grievehart, when you choose to bail on three people that didn't do anything wrong, you are just as bad as the leecher. You want to tell yourself lies about how good and noble you are, fine. No one else cares because to them, you're just another selfish asshole on the Internet.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

Compares scenario to actual heroes....but promotes running away because Timmy isn't fighting too!! wahh!! That is your logic.

My logic is to help ONLY deserving people. No more, no less.

I could probably count on my hand the number of times I dealt with a leecher....and if that number is higher than I was too busy to notice because I was HEROING.

When i'm "heroing", i try to keep an eye on my allies health and energy bar. You know to see if an ally need heals or have agroed something and need someone to help him. Moreover, mastering your space can be usefull, knowing where your allies are too, to not direct mobs aoe on them for example. That's how i notice when someone hp/mp bar is static or if someone is missing even when busy.
    But if you like rush "heroing", it works too, i do not judge you.

You want to leave three innocent player in the dust and force them to retreat because you can't handle AFK players, so be it.

I didn't really need your authorisation, but thank you.

Ok, no disrespect intended to you ealford1985. You have principles and it's a good thing. I also have mine.
    It's obvious none of us will convince the other one that his philosophy is the good one.
    And i have no time and even less interest into debating about it.
    I obtained an answer from dev about leeching problems in alert, and learnt that if nothing has been done, it's because they do not know how to do it simply and fairly. More informations than i was expecting.
    I choose to believe a solution to that problem will be found and implemented someday.
    Until that day i'll do what i have to do. Other people will think or do as they want.

So i propose you to let this thread go back to his initial subject: the release notes

Keep cool and have a nice day.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Still, "there is a big number of leveling players in these alerts" is unlikely to be true. Some now and then, sure.

I don't really run into leechers much in alerts, so I'm sure you'll be doing just fine getting your dailies done.
    So, the dev has spoken. Nothing is going to be done. Time to move on.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Pyramid Power simply takes too long and isn't map active, ie, the longest part of the fight is standing in one place blasting the same guy over and over. Maybe if the enemy got oversized sometimes, or he knocked everyone out halfway through and ran outside to finish the fight, or if lower powered but still formidable nemesis would show up to lay claim to the power gem thing. Maybe if all the mobs dropped Q, people might just hang around mashing things for hours and hours.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Doesn't help that Pyramid of Power requires people to Queue for it in order to rotate in different alert (all alerts do that but this is really noticeable)

You can wait being queued for 30+ minutes and PoP will rotate ONLY when 5 people finally queue for it
    It cause a Vicious Circle of PoP being stuck forever because people don't queue for it and when it does it punish people who had been waiting queued for it

and that saying, this update did NOTHING to boost PoP's popularity, the alert struggles to pop even during Burst Dailies days because everyone prefere radiation rumble :/
    so yeah, despite this small buff on the rewards, PoP was designed to fail in popularity

That's a flaw in the queue system I would like to see fixed​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    sterga said:

​​

I wish more levelers were like you. I'm usually that 40 plowing through and I'm happy to carry the levelers. I've been there myself. But, when they run in and die a bunch, and then complain, then it gets annoying.

On the other hand, when I'm the leveler, I just look for the 40 and tag along with them, generally trying to stay out of harms way.

I also don't find many real leechers in alerts. I think it is mostly a non-issue. If there is a leecher in an alert, and it bothers someone, they can always just bail and re-queue.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    If you're a lowbie and the alert is a museum robbery, your most useful role is defusing the bombs while the heavies smash faces.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Any chance this event can be extended to next Thursday?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The new xp award for Pyramid Power has done SOMETHING to increase the burst's popularity. It now pops somewhat more quickly than before. It's not the perfect fix (like counting it as a Grab, too), but it now helps folks who are leveling.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    kaizerin said:

Leeching is not acceptable behavior in any part of the game.

With alerts the solution is in no way simple.

• Adding a minimum score would just lock out lowbie players from getting rewards when there are high level players sweeping through the alert.
    • Dividing up the alerts by level range to prevent high and low levels in the same alert to get around this would not be a good idea.
    • Even though players are all set to the same level, high level players still have access to their superstats, gear, all power choices, etc., so while it is a more even playing field, there still is a wide margin.
    • Changing what happens to players when they are set to a specified level to try and even things out would be no trivial task and isn't in the cards.

There are other things we could try to deter leeching in alerts, but they aren't simple to execute and we'd only want to act on one if we're sure it wouldn't create situations where players legitimately trying to help don't get any contribution.

I was thinking maybe set the bank robbery one to only count as complete if you walk into the boss room.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters