test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defensive Combo: Advantage to remove threat component?

grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
I'm a theme-addict. I think all of my heroes get either Clobber EB and/or Defensive Combo. They need to be able to throw a decent punch if the situation calls for it, and Defensive Combo's animation is by far my subjective favorite...

Advantage: Don't Mind Me- Removes threat component from Defensive Combo in exchange for increased damage.

Don't restrict this beautiful, versatile animation to tanks and sub-optimal builds!

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Honestly, the best way would probably be to just remove the threat component and increase the damage innately. Purely for the kind of thematic reasons you pointed out, locking certain attacks down as "tanks only" does more harm than good in terms of customization. Thundering Kicks suffers from this same problem.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Problem with defensive combo is that it isn't even useful for tanks most tanks (a non-Defiance tank can use it to get a single stack of Defiant, but that's usually not worth the trouble); you can get better threat by simply using a higher dps power. Unfortunately, combo attacks in general have been shoehorned into the slot of 'utility, not dps'.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've never tried it, but how many seconds does it take to use? I've used BB a lot as a DPS power, and if I had to do the full combo for a defensive buff... I'd die any time I tried using it while Cosmic tanking.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    The innate threat portion of defensive combo should be removed entirely. No other combo in the game has ever had that, and now that challenge adv is 1 point, it makes it even more behind the curve. It comes together poorly with the rest of it's framework. It needs to be streamlined along with the rest of the combo powers, while working with the might powerset.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    when Might revamp comes, devs will probably address this. maybe add another defensive buff to replace the innate threat?

sure hope it comes soon...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter