test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mutual Bite pvp farming

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Champions Online Discussion
Currently we are farming each other for Bite perk in the desert. Come join us \o/
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yeah, gonna get there whenever I get done patching...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    This might be a better alternative to farming my alt accounts. ;)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hi, I've been trying and being competitive with lame become devices for the past hour.

I can see it getting boring fast though, but at the same time it's something simple and fun to do for a bit while killing time for cosmic respawns.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Ah, so much the way OSV works!
    spinnytop said:

Currently we are farming each other for Bite perk in the desert. Come join us \o/

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I guess I could try this. It just feels super crummy, a bad dev decision.

Also, I wonder how many will be farming BITE when I get a chance to play, Sunday morning/daytime. 100 players kills, on both sides . . . seems like a very long endeavor unless many folks are playing.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Also, I wonder how many will be farming BITE when I get a chance to play, Sunday morning/daytime. 100 players kills, on both sides . . . seems like a very long endeavor unless many folks are playing.

Hopefully team kills increment the counter. that at least would speed things up 5x.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options

Hopefully team kills increment the counter. that at least would speed things up 5x.
    Ooohh! kill credit! If 2 players damage the enemy it probably counts for both of them!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It seems to count. I got both perks last night, it takes a bit of time but hardly horrible, though it didn't give me a strong desire to do it more.
  • Options
    The first day we started doing this a bunch of us were all actually fighting each other in the desert. Was actually a lot of fun cause nobody cared about winning, we were just goin nuts xD
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    If you want to experience the calm and beautifulness of the desert while contributing to mild violence, go to ghostwitchcraft's spawn point.
    You couple of people know what i mean. =)
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

If you want to experience the calm and beautifulness of the desert while contributing to mild violence, go to ghostwitchcraft's spawn point.

I spent a lot of time there last year. The daily for killing wolves was actually pretty easy. Not that the other three BITE missions were doable really, and one of them didn't even reward Turakian Coins.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Now I just gotta farm up enough SCR to get that new power o3o anybody know any good sources of that stuff?
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Adventure packs, daily alerts and Cosmics.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Took the alt account out to the respawn in the Sasquatch village, and she died a lot.

Then I remembered an even more obscure respawn point: the one in between VIPER and the Hunter Patriot areas.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Luckily I had this perk from a few years back. But when I went to the desert and just played for the hell of it, I had a ton of fun.

I was a wolf and I kept trying to find ways to ambush.
  • Options
    If you get lycanthropy, you get locked out of progressing on BITE missions.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    This is such a poorly designed mission, though it's probably plagued by legacy code, but I really can't imagine anyone doing this without farming. It's tedious and glitched up.
  • Options
    so has anyone set up farming groups in the other two areas yet or just the desert?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    I farmed with a group of players yesterday. Our group was small, only 4 players, so it took around 2 hours for all of us to get both perks. We started slow, though. If I had another toon, and knowing what to do, could probably shave it down to 90 minutes.

I listened to podcasts while farming.

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    If you get lycanthropy, you get locked out of progressing on BITE missions.

Cannot reproduce this. Was able to complete Lycan missions fine after Lycanthropy wore off (60 seconds) and after being defeated and turning into a Lycan.

If you get turned into a Lycan and you want to do Hunter missions, you can talk to Claude to turn your back to normal, or get defeated normally.​​
  • Options
    There is a bug whereby, as a werewolf, you can be infected by lycanthropy by a hunter. If you are then defeated you instantly rise as a werewolf, but in a glitchy state where you can't actually attack hunters.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Hunters cannot infect players with Lycanthropy, only npc Lycans can do that.

No idea how some players have managed to pull that off, but next patch will add in a extra safeguard against it. If that doesn't work, the best solution is to get defeated and reapply the talisman.​​
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I can confirm as a wolf I was infected....I didn't know what was really happening and I assumed it was something normal.

Pretty much exactly how Panta desribed.
  • Options
    dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    Yup. Same thing happened to me. Until I just read it here I had no idea what had happened. I thought I had been somehow infected by a wolf. It only happened once, though.
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Hunters cannot infect players with Lycanthropy, only npc Lycans can do that.​​

I cannot confirm that it wasn't an npc lycan (as both were present), but I checked my combat log and I never took damage from a lycan.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    kaizerin said:

Cannot reproduce this. Was able to complete Lycan missions fine after Lycanthropy wore off (60 seconds) and after being defeated and turning into a Lycan.

If you get turned into a Lycan and you want to do Hunter missions, you can talk to Claude to turn your back to normal, or get defeated normally.​​

When you are infected, you don't get credit for player hunter kills. Their health bars become gray, like neutral NPCs.

Yes, you can get defeated and then go back to normal. That's a pretty unfun mechanic: get infected, die, then immediately try to die again to finish the mission. And yes, you can go to Claude . . . who kills you, so you can return to normal.

It just isn't even a little fun.