test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 10/12/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2017 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
The Bloodmoon has risen! This event will run for 3 weeks.

Bite!
  • Lowered most of the bite mission requirements down to 50 (from 100).
  • The Tooth and Claw mission requirements have been lowered to 25 and now recommends a team of 3.
  • Note: Choosing a mission from one of the Bite contacts will lock you out of playing the other side until you either drop or complete those missions. Dropping a Bite mission will place the mission on cooldown for 20 hours.
  • Added Turakian Coin rewards to the Bite missions.
  • Both Bite contacts are now present in Millennium City and offer transportation to all of the Bite Battlegrounds located in Canada, Desert and Monster Island.
  • Updated tooltips for the Bite powers to better explain what they do.
  • Updated costumes on the Bite contacts.
  • Werewolf Pounce activation time reduced to 0.5 seconds (from 1).
  • Werewolf Rage now grants a small movement speed buff for each stack.
  • Werewolf Pounce now expires any stacks of Snare on you.
  • Increased range on all Bite melee attacks to 10ft (from 7ft).
  • Increased the cooldown on Hunter Net to 8 seconds (from 1).
  • Increased the cooldown on Hunter Faith Shield to 10 seconds (from 1).
  • Increased the cooldown on Hunter Holy Water to 8 seconds (from 1).
  • Reduced the duration of the transform item to 24 hours (from 72). This item now binds on pickup.
  • The Hunter and Lycan transformation duration has been reduced to 30 minutes (from no expiration).
  • The transformation device now expires all buffs, pets, circles and travel powers.

Devices
  • Nimbus of Force's shield effect can no longer be stacked. If multiple players try to use it the best shield effect will be kept.
  • Radions Revenge can now be colored.
  • Increased the target cap of Hacked Orbital Cannon to 5 (from 3).
  • Reduced the target cap of Nimbus of Force, Radions Revenge, Center of Gravity to 5 (from 10).
  • Reduced the target cap of Archers Memory to 5 (from 7).
  • Center of Gravity now has a 100% chance to knock targets towards you (previously scaled with charge).
  • Center of Gravity cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (from 60).
  • Fixed a bug where the activation time of Crippling Coils and Supernatural Possession was lower than intended. Increased activation time to 1 second (from 0.67).
  • Fixed a bug where Supernatural Possession was using the wrong hold FX on the target and where the fx stopped playing halfway through the maintain.
  • Supernatural Possession's heal effect can no longer stack from multiple players. The best effect will be kept. Added an icon to indicate when you're affected by the heal.
  • Increased the cooldown on Firefight to 5 minutes (from 3).
  • Firefight's default colors have been corrected..
  • Firefight, Skull of the Necromancer and Bone Whistle are now a toggle pet devices to match up with recent pet devices introduced.
  • Pestilent Cloud is now a toggle device instead of a click. It can be used alongside other powers.
  • Pestilent Cloud now snares targets affected and if toggled for full durations stuns targets for a short duration.
  • Reduced the duration of Pestilent Cloud down to 10 seconds (from 30).
  • Fixed a bug where the default color for Firefight was pink.
  • Increased Zombie Bone cooldown to 45 seconds (from 5).
  • Zombie Bone now has a chance to apply Jinxed to targets. Increased damage.
  • Added permanent version of Pestilent Cloud to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Updated tooltips on many of the temporary Halloween devices.
  • Temporary Zombie Bone, Pestilent Cloud, Skull of the Necromancer Bone Whistle, and Scare Visualizer devices can now stack to 20, but have been reduced to 1 charge.

Bloodmoon Misc
  • Updated the Wolf Ferocious head to use regular eyes and to have colorable teeth.
  • Added leather and metal materials to the Zombie Half Skull costume.
  • Added Moonstruck power to the GCR store for 350 SCR. This also requires completion of the Moonstruck perk to purchase.
  • Added Neck Bolts, Machete Horror and Bat Mask costumes to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Ghostly Faces aura to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added the Savage archetype to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Trick or Treaters have a slightly higher chance to drop gifts.
  • Friendly reminder that during this event Turakian Coins can drop from the Zombie Apocalypse Hero Games queue.
  • All mobs in the game have a chance to drop Halloween Treat bags.

Bloodmoon Perks
  • Many Bloodmoon perks automatically display in your perk window now.
  • Added various perks for eating Halloween Candy.
  • Added a 5000 perk for defeating Turakian Zombies. This perk rewards a permanent version of the Zombie Bone device.
  • Added additional perks for Trick or Treating.
  • Added a perk store to the Bloodmoon contact. This store shows items you can get from completing certain Bloodmoon perks and is for display purposes only.
  • Added Bloodmoon title and currency exchange items to Toy Master.

Costumes
  • Added preview images to Dogz costumes.
  • Added Dogz Jacket as a possible costume drop from Dogz.
  • Added Dogz Wild hair to Hairstyle B.
  • Added Cloth material to the Patched Fur costume.
  • Added Cloth material to Dogz Collar.
  • Added Cloth and Metal materials to Dogz Claw Bracers.
  • Added Leather and Metal materials to Fur Forearm costume.
  • Added Machete weapon skin as a possible costume drop from Sovereign Sons.

Misc
  • Mutagenic Infection is now a toggle device instead of a click. It can be used alongside other powers.
  • Millennium City's player cap has been lowered to 50 for the event.

Powers
  • Made the initial refresh on Ball Lightning's advantage more reliable.
  • Instead of dealing damage in individual ticks for each stack, Poison now deals damage in one lump of damage each second. This doesn't change its overall damage, but is less straining on the game in large encounters.
  • Fixed a bug where the Toxic and Slashing resistance debuffs on Pestilence was not working properly.
  • Fixed a bug where the tooltip on the Rabies advantage stated it needed to be fully charged to work when it requires a half charge.

New Power: Moonstruck
  • Drops a healing rune at your feet and knocks down all nearby targets.
  • Advantage (2 pts): Standing in Moonstruck while using the Regeneration passive increases the base resistance granted by 5% and prevents this amount from lowering when you lose health. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
  • Advantage (2 pts): Gives allies standing in Moonstruck a 25% resistance to knock effects. This increases to 50% if they are affected by the Furious buff.
  • Advantage (2 pts): Reduces the cooldown on Howl by 1 second every times you are healed by Moonstruck. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.

Veteran Rewards
  • The Free Costume Change token item (from the 800 day veteran reward) now requires you to be at least level 10 to use.
  • The account-wide costume change coupon granted by this item now has a total cap of 5.
  • If you have more than 5 claimed on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5.
  • If you are at the limit of 5, any Costume Change Token items you receive from creating a new character will remain in your inventory, and you can use it once you've used up one of your free changes.
  • This is being done as players were continuously creating and deleting characters to stack up the free costume change coupons. This was not intended.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Nothing here about how to get the Moonstruck power?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Added Moonstruck power to the GCR store for 350 SCR. This also requires completion of the Moonstruck perk to purchase.

web.archive.org/web/20130907015604/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Moonstruck
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Lowered most of the bite mission requirements down to 50 (from 100).

​​

Wolfsbane and Leader of the Pack still say 100
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Lowered most of the bite mission requirements down to 50 (from 100).

Wolfsbane and Leader of the Pack still say 100

Mission requirements from the dailies, not perks.​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Its a good thing I already have the Moonstruck perk with my first character (Grimoire - 1 February 2011) as well as enough SCR to get it (URG THE DEFAULT COLOUR IS RED)

as soon as I logged in he instantly got the 5000 zombie perk. that's really nice I have to say thats pretty neat

Im not going to repeat what i said in PTS, i find it really unfair that you need to get an EVENT Power in order to increase the performance of regeneration tanks and howl users especially since this could be archieved with already existing powers​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Pics of Dogz jacket and Sovereign Sons machete?
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm still sad at the changes last year to this event. This was my favorite event from the moment I first started playing CO, It had stuff for all levels, group and solo, and had unique drops. Now it's a strictly a group event. You HAVE to be in a group to enjoy this event. **** that. I think I had one friend that wanted to do the crypts last year, and that was the extent of my time with the blood moon. My favorite event is now pretty much unplayable.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

Added Moonstruck power to the GCR store for 350 SCR. This also requires completion of the Moonstruck perk to purchase.
    web.archive.org/web/20130907015604/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Moonstruck
    Thanks for reminding me to finish that:
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Moonstruck
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Are non-transformed, non-pvp players supposed to be able to kill herds of NPC werewolves without being targetable? Because you can't do the same to hunters, which seems extremely unfair.
  • Options
    The wolves should be able to attack you. They're kinda weak though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    What's happening is normal player characters are coming through and clearing out npc wolves and then player hunters can swarm player wolves. Seems like a pretty blatant exploit.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    NPC wolves have always been hostile to PCs (and can infect you with lycanthropy; try letting them beat on you for a while. At a certain point the edge of the screen goes dark and you're told you're infected. Then let them defeat you. You'll respawn as a werewolf transform).
  • Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There's been reports of Nimbus of force not stacking with things like demonic flesh graft.
  • Options
    Not sure that relying on an archive text from a dead wiki is the best option. Seems like on the announcement for a power (here!) it should say what it takes to unlock it. Who knows, something might have changed from the last PTS version going to live at the last moment. Everything about how to get the power should be spelled out clearly here.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options

Not sure that relying on an archive text from a dead wiki is the best option. Seems like on the announcement for a power (here!) it should say what it takes to unlock it. Who knows, something might have changed from the last PTS version going to live at the last moment. Everything about how to get the power should be spelled out clearly here.

You know there's a non-dead wiki, right?

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    sekhmet46 said:

• Options
    Was that the link in the post I quoted? In any event, that still doesn't deal with why the OP doesn't provide clear information on how the power is acquired.

You know there's a non-dead wiki, right?

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    That jacket is screaming for a robot arm!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Was that the link in the post I quoted? In any event, that still doesn't deal with why the OP doesn't provide clear information on how the power is acquired.

You've gotten the information. Quit complaining because it wasn't given to you the way you want. Move on.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Couldn't you have just buffed regen instead of tying it to an advantage in some random power that requires a perk to unlock? It's not like letting regen keep it's damage resist at all times would make it OP when it seriously underperforms compared to every other defensive passive besides PFF.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Kinda underwhelmed by this Bloodmoon, but I hope more stuff gets added in week 2 and 3. Hopefully new powers that doesn't require pvp perks.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I've found this Bloodmoon to be quite enjoyable so far, people PuGing for crypts and generally co-operating is always nice to see and experience.

:+1:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    And about the wikis. Better be dead with info than somewhat alive without info...
    And in the age of electronic data highways, you must adapt or crash and burn in the flames of unknowledge.
    :#
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG: costumes in the event store,
    skeleton tights, pumpkin head and noose, show as blue to me but I already have them unlocked.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Is it a bug that Pestilent Cloud from Dweomer says 1/1 charges in the device description? The one on PTS is definitely only 1 use. Seems a lot to pay for a 1 shot device.
    kaizerin said:

Bloodmoon

Pestilent Cloud is now a toggle device instead of a click. It can be used alongside other powers.
    Pestilent Cloud now snares targets affected and if toggled for full durations stuns targets for a short duration.
    ​​

Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    I'm making a point because they way it is announced above is poorly done. Not everyone reads forums and not everyone knows about wikis. When a new power, in particular is announced, all the details about how to acquire it should be easily available in one place. E.g. in the News section, and an announcement made in the pop up screen when the game starts pointing people there. Even updating the OP above would help somewhat. It's hard for me to understand why devs would add a power that is hard to players to locate and unlock.

You've gotten the information. Quit complaining because it wasn't given to you the way you want. Move on.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: [Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes] (and its limited version) still applies Plasma burn BEFORE hitting the targets

:|
    BUG: Infernal Blast no longer refresh Debilitating poison

BUG: RANK 2 and 3 Pestilence no longer applies the Pestilence dot on targets

BUG: Moonstuck - Moonlight ADV, the ADV is not working, Regeneration is not gaining the +5% bonus and the resistance still reduce on damage

BUG: Moonstuck - Moonlight Frenzy ADV, the ADV is not working, Howl CD is not being effected by the Healing over time

I bet the knock resistance ADV is not working neither​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options

sekhmet46 said:

Arg, that jacket would have been perfect if it had two sleeves or two half sleeves. I have the Cobra Lords vest unlocked (defeated 5,000 of them to get it) but I really wish we could get the open version of it too. Maybe offer it as a future costume drop? :#
  • Options
    genericheronamegenericheroname Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Is it a bug that Pestilent Cloud from Dweomer says 1/1 charges in the device description? The one on PTS is definitely only 1 use. Seems a lot to pay for a 1 shot device. Bloodmoon
    >
    > Pestilent Cloud is now a toggle device instead of a click. It can be used alongside other powers.
    > Pestilent Cloud now snares targets affected and if toggled for full durations stuns targets for a short duration.
    > ​​

Ya i noticed that too. Also earlier today someone in zone said that they actually bought the device and used it, and it actually dissappeared from their inventory after, lile it would on temp version. So, warning for those that plan on getting it. Wait until they fix it.
  • Options

I'm making a point because they way it is announced above is poorly done. Not everyone reads forums and not everyone knows about wikis. When a new power, in particular is announced, all the details about how to acquire it should be easily available in one place. E.g. in the News section, and an announcement made in the pop up screen when the game starts pointing people there. Even updating the OP above would help somewhat. It's hard for me to understand why devs would add a power that is hard to players to locate and unlock.

Kais explained how to find the information in-game. Obviously that's not what you wanted, but it's probably more accurate than typing it up herself.

And about the wikis. Better be dead with info than somewhat alive without info...
    And in the age of electronic data highways, you must adapt or crash and burn in the flames of unknowledge.
    :#

But the ghost wiki can never be updated, so it will become more and more obsolete as time goes on. The new wiki doesn't have everything, but it has new stuff(or some of it at least). If you're not happy with the amount of new stuff, well, you could always help write wikipages.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    bumburgerbumburger Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG (I hope!) : Bite/Rabies is no longer refreshing debilitating poison as it was up until now, I do not see this change documented... I sure hope it's an error.... it's early in my build.
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Devices

• Center of Gravity cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (from 60).
    ​​
    Center of Gravity is actually 48-50 sec cooldown, not 30 sec. Tried it on both tap and full charge.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG:

The Purple-Named Bloodmoon Devices from this year, last year, and on the exchange vendor are now showing the reduced damage and stats (about 20% lower than the old Blue-Named devices) that appeared on the broken BM devices last year prior to the patch which introduced the exchange vendor to upgrade to full-powered BM devices.
    Post edited by n8mcd on
  • Options
    Temporary Zombie Bone, Pestilent Cloud, Skull of the Necromancer Bone Whistle, and Scare Visualizer devices can now stack to 20, but have been reduced to 1 charge.

Now i have bank full of those, with only 1 charge and nonstackable. Nice....
  • Options
    So I'm within ten kills of completeing culling the pack when the game crashes and when I come back my Sol Amulet is gone and the only way I can get a new one is by dropping the quest. Are you doing this on purpose?
  • Options
    BUG:

SAVAGE AT unlock is giving people The Void, not The Savage.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG: Kinetic crunch.ones from previous years.
    state bind to acct on pickup - that works. You move it, it binds.
    special Halloween treat with xp buff- that doesn't.
    you can put it in the device tray but not use it and the message on it stays the same. It doesn't convert to the message on the new ones.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    So, I just tried Moonstruck power out. I have to say it's a big letdown. Advantages doesn't seem to work, the healing is so miniscule(but i guess that's fine for a healing rune).

I'd refraining from using it until devs fix the advantages.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Getting Lycanthropy infection looks you out of BITE missions for half an hour.
    Is this working as intended?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The long Cooldown on the BITE missions is incredibly annoying, especially if you pick the wrong one.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    You seem to lose your amulet if move to a different map I was in Canada, moved to the desert, lost my amulet. Why is this so painful?
  • Options
    you think BITE is painful? at least you can make constant, steady, non-random progress on that with cooperative player's help

the same cannot be said of Specter Rejecter...god damn trick-or-treaters - stop giving me treat bags and start turning into monsters!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I did a bit of a guide this year, for folks that might not even know about trick or theaters, but yes, it used to be 1/2 of the trick or treaters turned into monsters, but now I think it must be closer to 1/4 or less.
  • Options
    just a little suggestion, why not lessen the perimeter of the BITE OM in Monster Island? Players with the mission get respawned there after dying from Dino Fight. Kicking them out of team up every respawn.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    avianos said:

BUG: Infernal Blast no longer refresh Debilitating poison

I can confirm that Infernal Blast's Virulent Propogation does not refresh Debilitating Poison.

• Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Also the new nimbus (purple colored) of force device has less shield 3661 than the old one (blue colored) who has 4389 on shield there's something off here i guess
    Post edited by waybig#9760 on
  • Options

Also the new nimbus (purple colored) of force device has less shield 366 than the old one (blue colored) who has 4389 on shield there's something off here i guess

That reminds me of when we were getting level 1 devices....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Also the new nimbus (purple colored) of force device has less shield 366 than the old one (blue colored) who has 4389 on shield there's something off here i guess

Might be that the old blue devices still scale with healing/shielding strength.
  • Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Bloodmoon

Veteran Rewards

• The Free Costume Change token item (from the 800 day veteran reward) now requires you to be at least level 10 to use.
    • The account-wide costume change coupon granted by this item now has a total cap of 5.
    • If you have more than 5 claimed on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5.
    • If you are at the limit of 5, any Costume Change Token items you receive from creating a new character will remain in your inventory, and you can use it once you've used up one of your free changes.
    • This is being done as players were continuously creating and deleting characters to stack up the free costume change coupons. This was not intended.
    ​​
    Boooo! Nobody knows how many they have because there's never been a counter, and to arbitrarily set it at five is unfair. At least give us the rest of the changes back as bound to account tokens?

Also, if it wasn't intended, why was it ignored for so many years? Maybe you should just waive the cost of costume changes for anyone over 800 days, I'm sure that'd be easier and better-received.
  • Options

Might be that the old blue devices still scale with healing/shielding strength.
    The Purples had the same scaling issues last Bloodmoon, and they had to patch to fix it, and put in the exchange vendor to fix the existing broken ones.

It appears when they imaged the server to make changes for this Bloodmoon, they used the un-patched version of the devices, and restored the lower-valued purples. Up until this latest Bloodmoon patch, there was no difference between the old Level 40 Blues and the 'fixed' Purples (at L40)... but after the BM patch, the scaling problem existed once again.