test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get your character drawn in a community group picture! NOW!

15678911»

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    There's a bit of an empty space to the right of Black Seraph (to the right of Biff). I wonder if a little rearranging might allow a character to be moved to fill the void (hmm, Phil the Void, sound like a darkness based hero ;))?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    > @rtma said:
    > Was hoping for more exposure since my lower body is behind a building but thank you for your efforts~

You are big and pink, I don't know about everyone else but your toon is the first thing my eye gets pulled to.

But the poster is great! Love just starting in on section and just looking at everyone's concepts. I'll be framing this.
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    If there's anything I can think of, it's perhaps that Sludd should be a little more opaque. He feels a little too liquid in places, almost like green Kool-Aid rather than sludgey.

Other than that, it's phenomenal.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Hey guys, the "Basically Final Final Version" is up now! Only taking very minor edits if you need something changed on your character, and I will take these for about a week, but after that, this thingy is DONE!
    rtma said:

Was hoping for more exposure since my lower body is behind a building but thank you for your efforts~

You're welcome! I did give a period of over a week for people to address concerns with the background, but at this point I'm only making very minor edits because this thing just reaaaaaally needs to get done! Redoing any amount of the background is just no longer in the scope. Sorry!

There's a bit of an empty space to the right of Black Seraph (to the right of Biff). I wonder if a little rearranging might allow a character to be moved to fill the void (hmm, Phil the Void, sound like a darkness based hero ;))?

Oh man, I love that name for a hero! Unfortunately, I won't be adding any more characters or moving anyone (and their friggin' shadows!) around because there's like over sixty people who have been waiting very patiently for this monster of a commission to be finished. Maybe for the next! :P

Everyone, please tell anyone who you know has a character in this picture if they need any last minute tweaks. Small tweaks! Thanks!
    biffsig.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    Holy amazing picture, Batman! The full resolution shot is something to behold (FYI: Right Click and select 'view full size' in the standard Windows Photo app to see it in its actual resolution) and the detail is astounding. Just totally awesome on every single level.

I need to get this printed out and placed somewhere like stat.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Didn't realize i had a speaking part.

My celebrity status has skyrocketed...I'll be in my trailer!
    Will there be a penultimate version with the list of heroes? I only ask because we ought to check and make sure that all names are spelled correctly.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Didn't realize i had a speaking part.

My celebrity status has skyrocketed...I'll be in my trailer!

Ha! I knew you lived in a trailer ;)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    It's glorious. \o/​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Will there be a penultimate version with the list of heroes? I only ask because we ought to check and make sure that all names are spelled correctly.

I just made and posted a version with all the character names next to each character. Does that work or did you have something different in mind?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited September 2017
    My smell has an 100ft AoE

Come back heroes!! Get in close!
  • astrosimi5astrosimi5 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Smackwell, I probably speak for all 60+ heroes (holy hell) when I say thank you for this ridiculously gargantuan effort. It's got me prooud of all our community, and I'm loving the version with the name-tags - it'll make some great decoration for the future Chez Astro!
    Those labels are perfect! Now I know who everyone is =) . Some pretty amazing character conceptions, and great artistic execution.

I just made and posted a version with all the character names next to each character. Does that work or did you have something different in mind?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Some possible changes to the labelled version:

*One character, to right of the Duskfeather trio, doesn't have one.
    *One character near Taranis at left, and another by Archtech at right, are both named "Bruiss".
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can barely read the name tags, could you add them for the first high res version?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    epelesker said:

Some possible changes to the labelled version:

*One character, to right of the Duskfeather trio, doesn't have one.
    *One character near Taranis at left, and another by Archtech at right, are both named "Bruiss".

Due to a little goof we ended up with two Bruisses. It's the same character but two versions of him. Arctic Flare I definitely did miss though. Good catch, I'll fix that up tomorrow!
    rtma said:

Can barely read the name tags, could you add them for the first high res version?

Once you click on any of the links below the preview image on the first page, you should be at the google drive page. This will show you a shrunken image unless you use the magnifying toolbar at the bottom of the screen. There should be a download button somewhere on the screen. Make sure you use that to get the full resolution file. Once downloaded it should be a PNG file of just under 32 megabytes, I think. If any of that is different, then you have the wrong file. All three of the files under the preview image are non-compressed, non-resized files.

biffsig.jpg
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

Once you click on any of the links below the preview image on the first page, you should be at the google drive page. This will show you a shrunken image unless you use the magnifying toolbar at the bottom of the screen. There should be a download button somewhere on the screen. Make sure you use that to get the full resolution file. Once downloaded it should be a PNG file of just under 32 megabytes, I think. If any of that is different, then you have the wrong file. All three of the files under the preview image are non-compressed, non-resized files.

Oh, thanks for that, I can see the names clearly now once downloaded.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    Wow! This is great! ... ... Fleabelly looks to be very scared of Straxus, which she certainly would be! ... alternate idea of what is going on in the scene: huge costume contest outside CHQ ... glad I am not the judge!
    Alrighty I've updated the link to the file with the nameplates, this time including Arctic Flare.
    biffsig.jpg
  • edited September 2017
    That picture could've been ~2500$ worth of character comissions... xD

Surprising to see it being done for free.
    It wasn't really done for free. Each of us did pay a small amount ($10?) for the individual images. The BIG picture seems really a (much appreciated) labor of love.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • edited September 2017

It wasn't really done for free. Each of us did pay a small amount ($10?) for the individual images. The BIG picture seems really a (much appreciated) labor of love.

Ah, I see, makes much more sense now, cos someone told me there's such thing going on on the forums for free. xD

Should've read the first post's wall of text instead of believing that someone right away.
  • siphak#6884 siphak Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's been great to see this come together! I may not have made any comments in this thread after my first, but rest assured I've been keeping watch from the sidelines as this journey took form. My only regret is that I don't have a printer big enough to do it justice as poster.

Ah, I see, makes much more sense now, cos someone told me there's such thing going on on the forums for free. xD

Should've read the first post's wall of text instead of believing that someone right away.
    Your friend might be talking about Agent Canada's very generous and amazing lottery threads (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209347/champions-anniversary-lottery/p1) in which he does lots of character artwork for free.
    biffsig.jpg
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Your friend might be talking about Agent Canada's very generous and amazing lottery threads (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209347/champions-anniversary-lottery/p1) in which he does lots of character artwork for free.
    Probably so, those are always so great.

Say, Smacky, you had a link to the individual pieces on a Imgur link, any chance the final High rez versions of those can be posted up somewhere too? I'd like the highest rez version single character image in order to scrunch it into an avatar. The old 8-bit style one here
    View post on imgur.com
    is finally getting a bit stale.
    Post edited by iamrune on

Probably so, those are always great.

Say, @biffsmackwell , you had previously posted a link to the Imgur gallery of all the individual hero images, I'd like to know when we can get a link to the high rez versions of those as well? I'm looking forward to replacing this old and now stale 8-bit style avatar.

https://i.imgur.com/QvrtiD5.png
    Link is a couple pages back: https://imgur.com/a/iEiJl

Burning question: Why is the drawing of Biff Smackwell clean-shaven, when in game he sports a beard? :)
    iamrune said:

Say, @biffsmackwell , you had previously posted a link to the Imgur gallery of all the individual hero images, I'd like to know when we can get a link to the high rez versions of those as well? I'm looking forward to replacing this old and now stale 8-bit style avatar.

JwLmWoa.png
    It was an older drawing, before the beard.
  • well, he DID start this over a year ago...facial hair doesn't take very long to rear its ugly head​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

Link is a couple pages back: https://imgur.com/a/iEiJl

Burning question: Why is the drawing of Biff Smackwell clean-shaven, when in game he sports a beard? :)

iamrune said:

Thanks, but I don't think those are the High def versions, but I admit I could be wrong. My impression at the time of posting ws that these were preliminaries, where he specifically told us "the high rez images are coming later".
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    This ended up being so great and amazing, bravo!​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    The individual character images are the full resolution images. You have to click on the image in the imgur gallery to see the uncompressed PNG I think. I never uploaded non-full-resolution individual character images so you can be sure these are it. I can't check right now cuz I'm in my iPad but if the images look compressed in any way let me know and I'll reupload.
    biffsig.jpg
    I got my avatar from those...

Looks high res to me
    Hey guys, I totally spaced and forgot I needed to upload the newcomers to the poster. Then I remembered and forgot again. Sigh...

Here they are, Justin Justice, Rimshot, M.A.R.C. and Rtma (with solid background) have been added to the ablum:

https://imgur.com/a/iEiJl

Lemme know if I missed anyone!
    biffsig.jpg
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Some part of me now wants to see the entire cast in a battle royale. That, and a nemesis version. Perhaps later on we can do this sort of thing again if the opportunity presents itself?​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

I'd love to do another poster, if there's enough interest in it.
    biffsig.jpg

I'd love to do another poster, if there's enough interest in it.

Draw me like one of your French girls!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Draw me like one of your French girls!

k

biffsig.jpg
  • you must get slapped a lot by french girls​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    I'm down for that! The first was really great!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Needs more facial hair and underarm hair
  • Perhaps a picture of everyone's nemesis this time?

*drool*

zrdRBy8.png
    Hmm, maybe 1/3 the number of people (to keep it manageable), but show each character engaged in battle with his/her Nemesis? Captain Arcane vs. Bone Stealer for me ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Since I missed the first go around, I would love to be included in the second undertaking. So sign me up, take my money!
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    I'm in financial dire straits right now, but I'm with Presto. I would love to get in on a new one. It was also a very fun thread to watch, you are a very talented artist.
  • starguardsmanstarguardsman Posts: 24 Arc User
    Is it possible to concuss someone from the force of impact - hurled wallet to skull? Can we give this a shot? Count me in. ;D