test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/14/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2017 in Release Notes
Anniversary
  • Players logging in during week 3 will receive the Saved the Day title and Flex Pose emote.
  • Talk with the Anniversary Event vendor this week to receive some extra gifts and the Beast Emblem costume pack.
  • This week in the Weekly Special Anniversary store all ZEN store vehicles can be purchased. Note that these versions will bind to the character purchasing them, so make sure you buy them on the character you want it on!
  • The Destroid Invasion open mission no longer starts on the hour. Instead a single Mega-Destroid is now present at the Champions HQ. Once that Mega-Destroid gets to about 75% health 5 more Mega Destroids come in and the timer for the open mission starts. This will allow players to trigger the open mission, where before the timer started automatically.
  • Completing the open mission places it on a one hour cooldown.
  • Lowered the timer from 30 minutes to 20, as the timer was extended last year to try and help with the open missions starting at the same time.
  • Gave the Invading Mega Destroids a couple new attacks.
  • Added perks for completing the Destroid Invasion OM.
  • Similar to the Destroids Rise Again open mission, when a Mega Destroid is defeated in the Destroid Invasion it now applies a stacking buff to a nearby Mega Destroid after 20 seconds. This buff isn't as severe as the Destroids Rise Again version.
  • Added most of the costumes available in the anniversary store as potential drops from this open mission.
  • During the open mission the Hot Dog cart will now be destroyed as it has caused many a line of sight issue in the past.
  • Fixed a bug where Ironclad's Gladius weapon did not play FX properly.
  • Gave Kinetik a version of Lightning Speed. This currently affects his backup Device and the the version of him present during the Destroid Invasion open mission.
  • Added Stovepipe Fancy and Party hats to the event store.
  • Added Kazoo costumes as potential drops from Anniversary Gifts.
  • Increased the effectiveness of the Anniversary Cake device.
  • Added Parkour mod as a drop to the Destroid Invasion open mission. This mod increases knock resistance and dodge chance.

Vehicles
  • All vehicles available in the ZEN store are now Mark 1 versions.
  • All vehicles available in the ZEN store now come with 2 Weapon System modifications (some originally only came with 1 while others had 2), and many of those Weapon Systems have been upgraded to mark 2 versions.
  • Updated the descriptions on all ZEN store vehicles to be more descriptive on what they are and what they include.
  • Any Mark 1 ZEN store vehicle that had under 5 slots has had its slot count increased to 5. This is retroactive to existing vehicles.
  • Any Mark 2 ZEN store vehicle that had under 8 slots has had its slot count increased to 8. This is retroactive to existing vehicles.
  • Fixed a bug with some of the Glider Mark 2 vehicles having Mark 1 stats.
  • ZEN store vehicles have been given a flat price of 1200 ZEN.
  • Note: If you purchased a Mark 2 vehicle in the past from the ZEN store it will remain Mark 2.

Misc
  • Added various Taco throwing related perks.
  • Corrected the UNTRANSLATED NULL message on various emotes.
  • Fixed a bug with the Conjuring energy unlock not reapplying itself if you are near a Cursed target.
  • Fixed a bug with Ice where any Ice Cages spawned from powers could auto defeat the NPCs using it.
​​

Comments

• Options
    kgorkgor Posts: 10 Arc User
    New flex pose \o/
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Hrmm a flex emote. The emote overload is real now. But I am definitely intrigued. Can't say I am displeased, upset, or even feeling the least bit disappointed with the vehicle change, since I have always felt vehicles were the worst thing to happen to Champions, but eh, nothing can be done about them.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Note: We are aware XMPP chat is down. It is being worked on.​​
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    kgor said:

New flex pose \o/

Flex yo stuff
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bartthegamerbartthegamer Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    kaizerin said:

Anniversary

• Players logging in during week 3 will receive the Saved the Day title and Flex Pose emote.
    ​​
    Finally, I can flex in more ways than one. I love it.
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    The Archetypes are gone from the event store... I think their prices were too high to stay for only a week in the store. They were the main reason I was doing the event. :/
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The Archetypes are gone from the event store... I think their prices were too high to stay for only a week in the store. They were the main reason I was doing the event. :/

They were only available for week #2​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The Flex pose emote is very nice, its actually called Zeus pose or something in the bodybuilding community

The emote is account wide unlock as well, i believe this needs to be highlighted

Change on Vehicles? meh I dont care at all
    Added Stovepipe Fancy
    YOOOOOO it's a Corset Hat

You can now have the options to make a steampunk user, a Circus Owner, Jim Sterling or just a PIMP
    Added Kazoo costumes as potential drops from Anniversary Gifts.
    Now we all need a Banjo​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    That new flex emote sure does make you want to stay in school, take your vitamins, and say your prayers. ;)
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    It's a good patch, the new emote looks awesome! :)
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    So does this mean mark 2 vehicles are no longer available except if you already have them?
  • Options
    Added various Taco throwing related perks.

You know it would be really helpful and organized if you could post those new Titles/Perks names and requirements :|

Fixed a bug with the Conjuring energy unlock not reapplying itself if you are near a Cursed target.
    OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING

Conjuring was already an excellent EU, but this fix makes it EVEN BETTER​​
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    avianos wrote: »
    You know it would be really helpful and organized if you could post those new Titles/Perks names and requirements :|

But then you wouldn't just go around throwing tacos at things hoping it triggers a perk.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Sadly, I doubt we'll get the opportunity to test throwing tacos at Tumerboy, even though that totally deserves a perk.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 740 Arc User
    So I assume Flex Pose is account bound like the unusual dance emote?
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Has anyone tried the mega destroid fight yet? Is the 20 minutes a problem?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    If it takes more than 1.5 minutes per Mega-D then you are with an absurdly weak team. The 6 times I did it today all took well under 10 minutes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    hugoguerrerohugoguerrero Posts: 27 Arc User
    I've got a question
    How are we supposed to get Incendiary Rounds Mark 3, and Singularity Bomb Mark 3, if you took them off the vehicles that used to have them. I like the standard price of 1200 Zen for every vehicle,I don't mind buying a Tune-up Kit for each one of my vehicles, which I GREATLY dislike is removing those weapon from the vehicles, what I've noticed from the last changes is that you clearly DISLIKE vehicles, let's make a recount, we got gravity debuff to prevent players to use IR and run away from QWZ mobs, which in this case was never completely fixed, and can get you instant killed from taking tons of falling damage, then we got "Anti-vehicle aura", just the name says everything, and now MK3 weapons gone. I'd suggest adding the weapons in the Questionite Store insteand of just removing them.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the mega destroid fight yet? Is the 20 minutes a problem?

I forgot there was a timer. It's basically a zerg rush. Timer is not an issue. At all. So far that I've noticed.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    I guess, if you've literally done everything else in the game, this is something to do other than just stand in RenCen.
    kaizerin said:

But then you wouldn't just go around throwing tacos at things hoping it triggers a perk.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Would you please fix it so the new dance emotes can be macro'd to a key?

/bind "emote dance_XXX" should work. Is there a UI setting somewhere that's an issue?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

But then you wouldn't just go around throwing tacos at things hoping it triggers a perk.​​*throws taco at Navi*

There, happy now? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Careful...you just activated my player harassment trap card.
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    /bind 0 e Dance_Unusual worked for me
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    There should be a Perk for throwing a taco at someone who has the Fun Nullifier Device activated.
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

• This week in the Weekly Special Anniversary store all ZEN store vehicles can be purchased. Note that these versions will bind to the character purchasing them, so make sure you buy them on the character you want it on!
    ​​
    Does anyone know if the vehicles bought from the anniversary store can be upgraded and if the mark 2 versions become bound to account?