test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get your character drawn in a community group picture! NOW!

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The Finnish updated.
    Some minor changes. Nothing too severe.

/jk (DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL) :p

Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I'LL PUNCH YOU!!!
    biffsig.jpg
  • i'm guessing that wasn't a minor change?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Hey guys, update is up on page 1!

It's a bit sloppy, as in there are characters overlapping others that shouldn't be, but I just wanted to put up a quick "where we're at" pic since I haven't posted one in a bit.

You'll notice a few new faces in there! I put a few of my characters in there (but don't worry, I didn't take any time from working on the paying folks' pics to do these. They were already done a long time ago for my Facebook banner image).

Thanks khaellios for the suggestion of making it landscape mode. This works SO much better. The positions of the characters aren't final, but this is a close approximation of where it'll end up. Enjoy!
    biffsig.jpg
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Here are the pictures you asked for man.
    Little hard to see, but the eyes are red.

imgur.com/a/FGVeg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I never get tired of looking at these.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Lookin' real good!​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Only a half or dozen still to go! Looking forward to the sequel, an image with all the nemeses for these heroes :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Don't give Biff an ulcer thinking about a sequel!
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    Collectigus isn't even a hero.
    He just floats around waiting to collect the planet earth when you least expected ;)
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Only a half or dozen still to go! Looking forward to the sequel, an image with all the nemeses for these heroes :)

Oh good. Thirty five years of play, Thundrax has picked up a lot of nemeses! Can't wait to see them all! :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    I actually thought a villain thing would be kinda neat to do. Would people be interested in that?

Also, update's up. Only three left!!!
    biffsig.jpg
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    It's come so far, you've been doing a bang-up job with all that coloring.

If it could possibly include antiheroes/"characters you play in CO that aren't heroes except they have to be because it's CO", then yeah totally.

Long-shot, but could we also get like individual clips of the guys in the group once it's done? That'd be really neat if we wanted to create something like a custom signature.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Absolutely, that was part of the deal. All characters will be posted without any background once it's done.
    biffsig.jpg
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Guess I didn't notice that. Great thanks!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User

I actually thought a villain thing would be kinda neat to do. Would people be interested in that?

Also, update's up. Only three left!!!

A Villain group pic would be great ! I have created a few Nemeses that i am particularly proud of...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how you group/arrange them all on the background.

I would definitely be interested in a villain version.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    A villain/nemesis version sounds like fun. Makes me wonder how each of our represented characters' nemesis all stack up against one another.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    Some chars in this pic I know for a fact are villains already. ;)
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    This looks awesome with all those characters colored, you are doing a great work on this community drawing Biff, I can't wait to se the completed one! :grin:
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
    I'll be posting up another update soon, most likely sometime this weekend. I should have all the characters colored by then and some semblance of a background drawn up.
    biffsig.jpg
    Alright, all the characters have been exported into their own separate image files, right here: http://imgur.com/a/iEiJl

They all have a signature attached to them but imgur made that invisible. It should be easy to remove or hide if you wanna use the pic on something. Enjoy!

Background work should be coming soon!
    biffsig.jpg
    Those are great! It's nice to see the detailed views of all the heroes. I can really appreciate all the tremendous detail you put in to them. When you do the group arrangement will you do something like put a number under each figure and have a corresponding list of names off to the side? We need some way of identifying everyone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Yup, that's basically exactly what I planned. It's gonna be a "key" image with a silhouette of each character, with a number over the silhouette, and a list on the side with a name that matches the number. This will be a separate file, so that the main image can be "clean". If there's a demand for an image with a number or name next to each hero, I can do one like that as well.
    biffsig.jpg
  • tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    Thank you so much! And if you do decide to do another compilation, you can bet i'd be down for paying again!
  • only this time you might want to set a hard limit on the number of entries so you don't get swamped again​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nemesis dips!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    *high pitched squealing for about fifteen minutes nonstop*
    Awesomeness, Smacky.

PURE. AWESOMENESS.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    LOOKIT! *points at profile icon*

LOOKIT!!!

*SQUEEEES!*

Thanks, Smackie!!!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm looking forward to using my new signature image (when they finally fix the bug on changing/using new signature images)......

I frikkin' love your versions of my toons, Smacky =)
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Hey guys, glad you all liked your individual characters!

Now, we have a very near-final update on the first page. Background! Aaaaaahhhh!!! Please give feedback on it!
    biffsig.jpg
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    Awesome work, Biff! Thanks a lot.

The devs should use this in-game as a mural in RenCen :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Good stuff there Biff. That was a huge undertaking but the end results justify all the pain and suffering you went through. Hunched over your tiny desk with only a small candle to illuminate your work. Meanwhile your miser of a boss keeps yelling about deadlines. Or maybe I have you confuzzled with someone else ;p
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I've saved the individual picture but every-time I view it the background is black and thus you cannot see the silhouetted lower portion of my body, is their something that can be done?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Looks fantastic. Well done, Smacks.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Looks awesome, you did a wonderful work Biff! =)
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    Very awesome, I'm glad you got it done.
    AC
    Glad you guys like! But don't go printing it off yet or nothing. This is not the absolute final. The very final one will come in better resolution.
    rtma said:

I've saved the individual picture but every-time I view it the background is black and thus you cannot see the silhouetted lower portion of my body, is their something that can be done?

Some programs (and sites like imgur) display transparency as black. However, if you were to load it up in Photoshop or Paint.Net, the background would be transparent, so you could overlay the picture onto whatever background you want. If you want I could upload it again with a colored background.
    biffsig.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    Looks absolutely totally awesome!

Only real thought I can think of is something you'll no doubt be doing anyway - whenever you upload this, can it be in .png format or something more lossless than .jpg?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Next commission I want is Ratass the half man half rat and half **** hybrid!!
    Yeah I actually didn't know until a few days ago that imgur converts the images to jpg, so I'll be hosting the full size file elsewhere, cuz I don't want any compression on it at all.
    biffsig.jpg

If you want I could upload it again with a colored background.

Sure, that would be nice, Thank you. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    This is absolutely Brilliant Smacky!! Thank you!
    I had a good laugh over the Character placement! :D

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Ratty's still reaching for dat metal groin :o:o
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I can't help it!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Yeah I actually didn't know until a few days ago that imgur converts the images to jpg, so I'll be hosting the full size file elsewhere, cuz I don't want any compression on it at all.

You could try creating a lossless jpg and uploading that?
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User

I can't help it!

Looks like he would have been double fisting it but Caliga caught sight of that tennis ball Brou is after and sprang into action.

Love seeing this all put together and colored. Great job Smackwell!

edited September 2017
    POSSIBLY MAYBE FINAL UPDATE FILE POSTED! CHECK FIRST PAGE!

So after posting the previous update, I noticed a few "holes" in the image. Blank spots that some characters can fit into. My brother kindly reminded me that he actually paid for two of his characters, and you'll find them on the upper-right! I got a hold of a couple other people who wanted their characters in and threw them in, and I threw Offender in there, too!

Our grand total of characters is 91. Aaaaaahhhh!!! I so wanna put in 9 more tiny little guys to make it a hundred but like Westley said, "Get used to disappointment."

Anyways guys, check it out, download the full size, no-compression image with the link under the pic in the first post, and give it a good once-over! If there's anything left to do or fix, I will finalize the poster by tomorrow night (server time!). SO KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS NOT THE FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL IMAGE!!!

ENFRIGGINJOY!

biffsig.jpg
    Was hoping for more exposure since my lower body is behind a building but thank you for your efforts~

• Amazing job Biff :)