test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quad walks and no chest for girls!

xangelarcxxangelarcx Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi! I thought it might be nice to suggest an option for a new stance for avatars that walk on four legs as well as an option for female characters to ex-nay on the boob-ays.

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    I agree to this Thumbs up!
  • I second the notion of these options, though I'd understand the possible difficulty in the former option, considering the skeletons of player models. I'd love to see being able to make more bestial characters more easily, these options would definitely work for it (as well as making it easier to make effeminate males for those who like that sort of deal).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well we have that beast stance where you walk on four legs. If you give some examples of the specific gait you'd like to see it would help to make it a reality.

Fixing the boob sliders so you can have a flat chest without making it look like your chest is trying to eat your costume would be nice - we been asking for it for a while... which unfortunately means they probably tried to fix it and couldn't.
  • before they add more 'all fours' gaits, i'd prefer they fix the one that already plays when you're in beast stance and using a speed-based travel power like athletics/acrobatics or superspeed/mach speed

the forward appendages (whether they be paws, hands or whatever) are spread outward at a 45 degree angle while the character is moving and it looks ridiculous​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited August 2017

the forward appendages (whether they be paws, hands or whatever) are spread outward at a 45 degree angle while the character is moving and it looks ridiculous​​

I think that looks awesome o.o

So rather than a "fix" this is more likely to be acceptably resolved in the same way that some people though acrobatics needed to be "fixed" cause of ninja arms, but instead of doing that and taking it away from all the people who liked it they made athletics... which I think looks doofy as heck :'D
    Post edited by bluhman on
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    'taur characters are not happening. Like ever. Since that would require a brand new set of animations and terrain support, and this game just doesn't have that kind of budget. So, yea. If you mean walking on all fours, that is unlikely to be updated either. Again, would require new sets of animations.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'd love galloping on all fours. Not fond of bestial stance because of the crouch, and the run with tp looks like a wierd monkey run.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The flat-chest-for-women "fix" isn't a trivial thing to do which is why it's likely to never happen. They'd have to edit any textures with shading created to accent the boob shape, but that might cause characters with boobs to suddenly look a lot worse than before. The only other real option is to update the way in which this game's models are rendered to something more modern, but good luck pulling that off with a tiny dev team having to go neck deep through a sea of ancient, likely unmaintained, potato code.

While it's certainly reasonable to request that any future costumes be created with small and large chested models in mind, expecting them to go back and fix existing costume pieces is unrealistic.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • xangelarcxxangelarcx Posts: 5 Arc User
    To reiterate, I am suggesting a QUADRUPEDAL character stance. Not centaur characters (though that would be cool it sounds like way too much work for the devs). As for what kind of quad walk? Please see the dogz cur in-game. I believe it to be an acceptable alternative stance for beastial characters and since it's already in-game it should be less work for the developers to give it to players?

Further, if people could refrain from having discussions not related to the topic that'd be much appreciated thanks!
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I do think that we could at least use an alternative to the Beastial stance. For instance there's the Huge, and the Huge Beastial stances. They're not dramatically different from each other, but just enough to really nail down a toon's theme. So having the Beastial and then some other type of feral stance with new motions would be pretty cool.

For the boob issue, I've seen so many toon's with waif physiques look horrible because it looks like their torso's imploding. So maybe finding a way to not have that pit appear once the proportions are taken to a certain point would be good.

I don't have any suggestions on how to accomplish these, just sharing my opinion on the OP's first post.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    I do think that we could at least use an alternative to the Beastial stance. For instance there's the Huge, and the Huge Beastial stances. They're not dramatically different from each other, but just enough to really nail down a toon's theme. So having the Beastial and then some other type of feral stance with new motions would be pretty cool. .
    I second this, I actually really hate the Beastial stance because it force the character to duck while Idle

If there was a Variation where the character switched from standing on two legs while idling and walking on four while walking/running, I would use it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User

I was curious as well and the only reason I can think of is for a femboy, or loli which is typically used for one specific thing. But never mind, it's not worth going over.

What about a Robot that you do not want to be hulking due to the ridiculously large male model? Or a reptile female like a lizard, snake, or dinosaur, or dragon which would obviously not HAVE breasts (... Because ya'know... They are reptiles and not mammals.). Or even maybe a manimal that would possibly not display human cleavage? Or an alien who has females that do not have breasts.

edited August 2017

As for what kind of quad walk? Please see the dogz cur in-game. I believe it to be an acceptable alternative stance for beastial characters and since it's already in-game it should be less work for the developers to give it to players?

Those are the like, really dog-like ones right? That'd be neat! A walk cycle that's literally just walking like a dog - the current beast walk is basically "im trying to walk like a dog but my back legs are so long, hng!". Only issue I could see there is how that would look with human limbs... or rather, any extreme warping issues with the actual mesh if it isn't made for it.
  • i don't see that being much of an issue, since as i recall, the cur still has mostly-human limbs

so the animation shouldn't warp TOO horribly​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Yeah... another problem might be it has an entirely different skeleton than the player...
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    I think we need to increase bewb slider 200%
    zemmax said:

I agree o3o
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    aesica said:

"untz untz untz untz untz"

I was tapping my feet to that until I realised what their evil, godless agenda was.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • is 'untz' the sound someone makes when they twerk?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Only if they have dislocated their hip.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    zemmax said:

^^;

...they stared by asking for reduce size for none appearing, that would be funny if the devs listen to you instead.

^OP: "me own thread too..!"

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.

This discussion now probably makes no sense now that I deleted a ton of posts but it wasn't going anywhere good, and I certainly didn't get the impression that the OP had any subliminal ideas with their suggestions. Could we not get all uppity and political about boobs in the future? Thanks.

I'd love to see both of these things put in. In particular Neverwinter has a really nice animation set for the Nothic enemies, which have an idle stance like this:

The running animation for it is slow though, since they're like 2x as big as a player, so some other animation solution probably would need to be figured out for that.

I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the realm to get a new animation in some way. Consider that the Peace dance emote was a newly-created animation, so there is some kind of potential for an animation added to the game.

As for removing the chest shadow - that probably wouldn't be out of the question at all, considering some of the other miscellaneous utility parts we've gotten in the past. Like, a head without ears. I have no idea what I'd use it for, but I'm glad it got included anyways.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    bluhman said:

Like, a head without ears. I have no idea what I'd use it for, but I'm glad it got included anyways.

characters with serpent or mammal ears to replace human ones

...since he asked for quads, would it possible for mechanics for Dryders and floating outer planar beings like beholders bodys?? Something other then just basic humanoid?

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited August 2017

Hi! I thought it might be nice to suggest an option for a new stance for avatars that walk on four legs

What sort of stance did you have in mind?

as well as an option for female characters to ex-nay on the boob-ays.

Sure, why not. More options is always good. There are plenty things that were introduced to the tailor that I never thought I'd need but then found a perfect use for.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Oh. I guess my last post was deleted because what I quoted had some of that "other" talk in it. Anyways, I'd be all for some non-humanoid forms, or more stances that are more feral than most of the ones already available.

The Beast stance we already have is okay, but I see why some say that it's silly/awkward.
    edited August 2017

^^;

...they stared by asking for reduce size for none appearing, that would be funny if the devs listen to you instead.

Who? Who asked for that? People wanted a more effective flat chest, not overall reduced size.

Also increasing the upper end of the breast slider by 200% and making the flat chest end less ruinous are not mutually exclusive, and I support both.

PS - op wasn't asking for centaurs. The beholders and nagas and what not that you're asking for are, to say the least, unrealistic unless some major work is put in making a system that allows players to use multiple skeletons, or that makes our one skeleton much more versatile
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    200% for boob sizes might be a mistake. Long ago, I tried one of PWE's other games, PWI. Let's just say the sliders are quite "generous" with their minimum and maximum settings.

NLmQF1F.png​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • xangelarcxxangelarcx Posts: 5 Arc User
    ....holy tacos. Why did this devolve into a boob and centaur discussion? Keep it simple people! The devs aren't miracle working robots. They have lives too! But the idea was to give us an option for being able to make characters like the dogz cur which walk effectively on all fours and do not return to a weird, crouched bipedal stance when idle. As well as some sort of chest-flattener if possible (though I know that one is very hard and I appreciate the effort that would take. Though would it be possible to allow use of the male skeleton in the female selection for that purpose? But with female costume pieces? That might be a fix? It's just a thought...).

No offtopics please!....and I definitely wasn't thinking of lolis when I came up with this. It was more for alien or beastial characters which lack human features.
    Yeah well lolis are a part of it whether you want them or not :|

Also how could you be surprised that people talked about boobs... you started the thread talking about them... you can't then say that they're off topic in a post where you're still talking about them xD

Switching skeletons would probably make the meshes implode, since various nodes would no longer have any bones to attach to. Chest flattening would have to be done via sliders. The only real non-slider solution is upper body and chest layer pieces that come pre-flattened, but boobed costume pieces you put on top would still be boobed.

Btw there are currently a few costume pieces that will effectively de-boob your character. Armor Tesla and the Krampus chest piece are two that spring to mind. If you give them some ideas via pictures or sketches maybe whoever makes new costume pieces might make some stuff for ya ^_^