test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 7/27/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Forum Malvanum/Circus Malvanum
  • Added Firewing's Tights costume (Head, Chest, Legs) as a rare reward from Forum Malvanum.
  • The Firewing head texture on the Humanoid head for males has been restricted. This costume was not meant to be freely available to players. Costumes that are already using this texture will retain it. However, if you edit the costume it will remove itself.
  • Added Gladiator Head costume to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Added Dread Steam Vehicle to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Gave Firewing a Fireball attack to mix up his short cooldown attack chain as spamming the Flashfire snap looked a bit silly.
  • Made it so Firewing's attacks are properly colored as some were using default colors.
  • Increased Firewing's attack range slightly and adjusted his attack priority so he tries to use his big attacks when they become available.
  • Updated Firewing's costume and stance.
  • Costumes, Emotes and Action Figures found in the Circus Malvanum store now also have a small chance to drop from the Circus Malvanum race.
  • Added Brawler emote to the store.
  • Added a second Malvan Guard action figure to the store.
  • There are now two action Figures next to Jo the Mechanic using the two emotes available from the store.

ZEN Store
  • Added Agate Loyal Sidekick. This pack includes a new tail costume.

Monthly sub Reward
  • Added Flag Pole costume. This will be available next month.

Misc
  • Added Dance Peace emote. This emote is available to all players.
  • Added Cover texture to Humanoid, Humanoid no Ears, Partial mask and Noseless heads. This costume is available to all players.
  • Made some adjustments to the collision for the male scoundrel jacket bottom and male ninja wrap to stop them from doing weird things when placing them on for the first time.
​​

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    so when does CM start?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    I wish instead FM was just gutted and rebuilt to be less of a slog.
    edited July 2017
    All nice and Swell but Forum Malvanum REALLY needs a revamp because that unskippable Cutscene spam makes me want to shoot myself
    47c.jpg

There is no reason for this alert to be 15 minutes long mate
    The cutscenes take longer than the fights​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    ZEN Store
    Added Agate Loyal Sidekick. This pack includes a new tail costume.
    It's... just a tail... with special material

I honestly believe his long fabulous majestic long hair mane would be more welcome as a hairstyle :expressionless:
    In general, we need more hairstyles​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    I want that gladiator head... Good thing I have tokens from last CM
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    So this new emote binds to character on pick up but as it's an item you can buy it multiple times. Now I have two items that I can only use once. So what are you going to do to fix this?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    The new Cover face pattern is great, a really welcome addition. I can only imagine that, compared to the vast majority of other costumes, these are pretty easy to make.

Please make other variations of these for the future, pretty please <3
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    We need to have somewhere where Foxbat uses the new dance emote. For reasons.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    n8pu#8193 n8pu Posts: 2 Arc User
    ALL cut scenes should be skippable, especially if you have more than one toon, how many times do you have to sit there and watch the same thing over and over and........
  • Options
    Added Dance Peace emote. This emote is available to all players.
    This emote is really fun, thank you for the free addition

Thank you for the freebies in gerenal, i thought i would never see new free account wide emotes again​​
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User

They could add him to the Club Caprice dance floor, sometime! He'd certainly be a less-weird addition than the random deinonychus!
  • Options

In loving memory of Adam West
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

So this new emote binds to character on pick up but as it's an item you can buy it multiple times. Now I have two items that I can only use once. So what are you going to do to fix this?

So, again, you allow people to accidentally buy it multiple times. How are we going to fix this?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

guyhumual said:

So, again, you allow people to accidentally buy it multiple times. How are we going to fix this?

• Options
    xurreal84xurreal84 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any chance you could suggest a "Partial" category for the Gloves category to match the invisible arms?
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I ganna say, I'm impress by Firewing's new look.
  • Options
    tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    iamaham said:

ALL cut scenes should be skippable, especially if you have more than one toon, how many times do you have to sit there and watch the same thing over and over and........

I would guess that skipping cutscenes in alerts is problematic because they're being displayed to four other players. The action couldn't start until everyone had escaped the cutscene, and there might not be code in the server to ensure that everything syncs up in this case.

I found that turning the voice volume down to zero makes the cutscene seem shorter, especially the really annoying ones like Cyberdoof and Forum Malvanum.
  • Options
    But I like to know about the Salt Mine of Mentos...the fresh maker
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I just realized this after the patch hit...

BUG: Heavy Chains neck piece clips through chest. It never did that before.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I've played multiplayer games with skippable cutscenes. It is a thing that is possible to do. I just don't want the custscenes to exist in the first place since they rarely add anything but annoyance. Story telling can be done in other ways.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    The sky race is still bugged, it's possible to go through all the check points and still fail the race.
  • Options

guyhumual said:

guyhumual said:

So reading doesn't help if the game allows double clicks. Usually if it's one per character it just unlocks without a unnecessary item. There's no reason for this to be an item, the only reason for this emote to be an item is to screw over players as it bind on pick up and one use only. Buying multiple versions of this item is useless. If it's their intent to dick around players then congratulations you've discovered a way to screw over players. If this is not your intent please fix this.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

So reading doesn't help if the game allows double clicks. Usually if it's one per character it just unlocks without a unnecessary item. There's no reason for this to be an item, the only reason for this emote to be an item is to screw over players as it bind on pick up and one use only. Buying multiple versions of this item is useless. If it's their intent to dick around players then congratulations you've discovered a way to screw over players. If this is not your intent please fix this.

I think you are best off contacting customer support for a refund of your wasted tokens than making a fuss over it here, though you do make a good point... people should not be able to purchase the item more than once per character if it binds on pickup.

• Options
    And if you accidentally delete the item? I guess you just don't ever get it again.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

And if you accidentally delete the item? I guess you just don't ever get it again.

You block buying if the emote is unlocked or the buyer has the item in inventory.
  • Options

This is another reason why it shouldn't be an item.
  • Options
    Or make them higher priced (600 tokens) and make them account bound
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    is earless STILL not available for males?
    What earless?
    You mean Humanoid No Ear?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Or make them higher priced (600 tokens) and make them account bound

I would be fine with that.
  • Options
    elseguard#5205 elseguard Posts: 76 Arc User
    Question: So are we able to get the new tail costume piece from one bought from the AH or is it only from buying it directly from the Z-store?

I really hate when they bundle stuff like this with things that I find totally useless (atleast for me) and it would be terrible to spend about $20 just for one costume piece. This is the same thing they did with the Harajuku Twins with the heavy scythe and gatling gun I believe way back then (which is silly since its not like they didn't have an actual costume pack that they could have put those pieces in) and I went ahead and still bought them which are still sitting in a bank somewhere today.

Then I think a little bit more recently they even added a new pouch piece or something to the twins that I, for some reason, can't have automatically unlocked even though I bought the twins a long time ago so they expect me to buy them again...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Question: So are we able to get the new tail costume piece from one bought from the AH or is it only from buying it directly from the Z-store?

All costumes pieces which come with Buddle from Loyal sidekicks are Tradeable​​
  • Options
    So I don't think the red race is possible with rank 3 travel power. I've gotten 2 fails in a row now. I've been doing the race every day and haven't failed prior to this, so perhaps I've succeeded with the blue race? Sadly I haven't been keeping track as this is the only toon I attempt the race with without a vehicle
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ok so, i'm guessing the pieces get added to your account once you bind the sidekick to a character?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ok so, i'm guessing the pieces get added to your account once you bind the sidekick to a character?
    When you buy a loyal sidekick from Zstore which contains a Costume unlock, the costume unlock item is automatically getting added into your inventory for you to unlock/trade/sell

You DON'T have to bind the Sidekick​​
  • Options
    ^ all the costume unlocks for sidekicks are tradeable and so is the sidekick.

A good buy to make at least 1000g in AH
  • Options
    Curse being away from home... No gladiator head for me T_T
  • Options
    I see. Can someone tell me what the waist bag for the harajuku twins and the new wolf tail unlocks are called?

I'm glad that I don't have to spend money for just one or two pieces but now is the waiting game that is seeing if anyone is selling them.
  • Options
    It's the name in the description for the sidekick in zstore
  • Options
    So the race is still broken, for whatever the reason you sometimes don't get credit for going through the hoops, and I can't make rhyme or reason for it. Today I get a race failed with 40 seconds left and I was able to compete the race without the speed boost.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    You probably skip a racing loop without noticing.
  • Options
    qawsada said:

No, I go through the center of every loop, I've been running the races every day now, with 7 different toons, doing both red and blue races. This is not a new glitch, people have theorized that activating a speed boost before or after or during a loop causes the glitch but I've had this happen without using the speed boost now. The race I failed today was the blue race where you have the dots to follow. This is the second auto fail with a vehicle, I failed the red race twice using a R3 flight power as well, so that's not a super high fail rate but it's still annoying that these bugs or glitches exist in the game after four or five years of sky races.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    qawsada wrote: »

thats a really old bug and has nothing to do with skipping rings, either it has to do on how fast you go or/and the rings' hitbox being extremly broken in instances with a lot of players

how else do you explain I got RACE FAILED on FINAL ring to the finish?​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    avianos said:

It means it didn't register you on the ring right before the final ring. Which isn't very likely to skip by accident, true.
  • Options
    So I ended up shelling out Salvage to buy the Gladiator head. I like it, but accessory parts don't stay with it when applied (they move as a normal head would). I'm guessing there's no easy fix for this, but that'd be nice...
  • Options

avianos said:

It means it didn't register you on the ring right before the final ring. Which isn't very likely to skip by accident, true.
    I got a fail on the first ring today. You think I missed the first ring?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

avianos said:

If you're pushing up against the force field of the starting line when the race begins, there is a chance the game won't register that you passed through it. I suppose the actual starting line is at the back edge of the ring, and the barrier is at the front.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options

guyhumual said:

avianos said:

If you're pushing up against the force field of the starting line when the race begins, there is a chance the game won't register that you passed through it. I suppose the actual starting line is at the back edge of the ring, and the barrier is at the front.
    No, I never start next to the line, I'm having connection issues. I was rubber banding all the way from the start to the first ring, after I passed though it I got the "Race Failed" message.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Ok, if you're rubber banding THAt bad, then yeah, it's the rubber banding....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters