test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170531.29 - Amazon Armor Costume Set

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • Added Amazon Armor costume set to the debugger. Currently female only.
  • Added Mecha Horse head costume to the debugger. Currently female only.
  • Split up the PTS stores for items that are slated to come out soon and items that are being worked on but are not necessarily being released soon.
​​

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It may seem odd to call the male armor 'amazon'.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Men can be amazons, like they can be princeses also. It's gender equality.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User

The male equivalent of an Amazon is called a Gargarean. They are the Wonder Man to the Wonder Woman.
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    So is this lockbox or z-store material?
    I would guess the latter, if not for the comment about not being released soon.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Amazon Armor will be ZEN Store.​​
    edited July 2017
    And Mecha Horse head? (Q-store I'd guess)
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I want to throw money at the screen for the Amazon set for the buttcape alone. However, some feedback after a quick glance:
    • I can't seem to find the "feet" costume piece in the "feet" section--I have to select it from the "unlocked costume parts" tab.
    • The crotchcape/buttcape (attachment for the chest item) really really really should be an independent option so people can choose their top, belt, etc. "Clothes" (along with skirts and such) would probably be ideal since it really wouldn't look good over any of those things and seems similar to the "fur" option. Massive bonus points if the front and back parts can be used independently of one another.
    • The strap-skirt-thing would be good to have as an independent option as well.
    • The chest item could use cloth and leather options instead of just metal.
    • It'd be awesome to use a wider variety of patterns for the crotch/buttcape. Fire, lightning, etc like we can with capes and such.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    > @sekhmet46 said:
    > And Mecha Horse head? (Q-store I'd guess)

It's apparently an upcoming High Noon costume bit.
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    aesica said:

I want to throw money at the screen for the Amazon set for the buttcape alone. However, some feedback after a quick glance:

• I can't seem to find the "feet" costume piece in the "feet" section--I have to select it from the "unlocked costume parts" tab.
    • The crotchcape/buttcape (attachment for the chest item) really really really should be an independent option so people can choose their top, belt, etc. "Clothes" (along with skirts and such) would probably be ideal since it really wouldn't look good over any of those things and seems similar to the "fur" option. Massive bonus points if the front and back parts can be used independently of one another.
    • The strap-skirt-thing would be good to have as an independent option as well.
    • The chest item could use cloth and leather options instead of just metal.
    • It'd be awesome to use a wider variety of patterns for the crotch/buttcape. Fire, lightning, etc like we can with capes and such.​​
    Pictures of the costume?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    So I thought that I would take an in-depth look into the new Amazon costume set. Initial reaction is that I really like it and it will especially give me some cool additions to Britannia’s costumes. I’m also looking forward to trying it out on male toons.

The helmet is really nice. I absolutely love the Trojan-style crest Top Accessory and it’s Hair+Metal material option. I’m wondering though if the gap between the head and the crest could be closed without screwing up how it fits to the helmet… for use without a helmet...

The shoulder pieces look great and I really like how the first set of arm accessories from this set compliment them. The other Arm Accessory (Amazon Wrap) looks good too...

The bracers are another nice addition, but I think it would be great to have a Cloth+Metal material option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there...

The Chest Piece looks okay, but atm I only see Metal and Brushed Metal material options. I think this could be expanded...

Now we come to a real flaw with this set……. Three of it’s coolest pieces are attachments and therefore not usable without first wearing the chest piece. The Belt could do with being mirrored in the Belt category and the other two (Greek-style Kilt straps and the Front/Back Flaps) could benefit greatly from being mirrored in other categories, perhaps Belt Accessory, Clothing or Hip Wear. I think these changes could bring this set up from pretty good to amazing.

These last two accessories could also benefit from a Cloth+Metal material option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there...

It’s a real shame to limit the use of pieces by requiring the use of other pieces. Independent use is the key to keeping up CO’s customisation.

The Feet are a bit clunky, I kinda expected some type of ornate sandals instead of metal shoes, but I get that they look weird on their own as they are supposed to be combined with the Foot Accessories...

The Feet and Foot Accessories are two pieces that also could do with the addition of a Cloth+Metal option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there.

So, all-in-all a nice set that could go from good to wonderous ;) if the chest attachment pieces weren't so retricted and were independent pieces, mirrored in other categories.

Suggestion: Please consider making the chest attachment pieces (Belt, Greek Kilt and Front/Back Flaps independent and mirror them in other categories.

Suggestion: Please add Cloth+Metal to the pieces that have Leather+Metal materials.

Suggestion: Add more material options to the Amazon Chest piece

Suggestion: Align the Trojan Crest to fit snugger against the head to allow use without a helmet

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    These last two accessories could also benefit from a Cloth+Metal material option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there...
    3NwwKyu.png
    01d.png
    I'm a sucker for Armours, this is true beauty​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2017
    So I thought that I would take an in-depth look into the new Amazon costume set. Initial reaction is that I really like it and it will especially give me some cool additions to Britannia’s costumes. I’m also looking forward to trying it out on male toons.

The helmet is really nice. I absolutely love the Trojan-style crest Top Accessory and it’s Hair+Metal material option. I’m wondering though if the gap between the head and the crest could be closed without screwing up how it fits to the helmet… for use without a helmet...

The shoulder pieces look great and I really like how the first set of arm accessories from this set compliment them. The other Arm Accessory (Amazon Wrap) looks good too...

The bracers are another nice addition, but I think it would be great to have a Cloth+Metal material option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there...

The Chest Piece looks okay, but atm I only see Metal and Brushed Metal material options. I think this could be expanded...

Now we come to a real flaw with this set……. Three of it’s pieces are attachments and therefore not usable without first wearing the chest piece. The Belt could do with being mirrored in the Belt category and the other two (Greek-style Kilt straps and the Front/Back Flaps) could benefit greatly from being mirrored in other categories, perhaps Belt Accessory, Clothing or Hip Wear. I think these changes could bring this set up from pretty good to amazing.

It’s a real shame to limit the use of pieces by requiring the use of other pieces. Independent use for mixing and matching with other sets is the key to keeping up CO’s customisation.

The Feet are a bit clunky, I kinda expected some type of ornate sandals instead of metal shoes, but I get that they look weird on their own as they are supposed to be combined with the Foot Accessories...

The Feet and Foot Accessories are two pieces that also could do with the addition of a Cloth+Metal option as well as the Leather+Metal one already there.

So, all-in-all a nice set that could go from good to wonderous ;) if the chest attachment pieces weren't so restricted and were independent pieces, mirrored in other categories.

Suggestion: Please consider making the chest attachment pieces (Belt, Greek Kilt and Front/Back Flaps independent and mirror them in other categories.

Suggestion: Please add Cloth+Metal to the pieces that have Leather+Metal materials.

Suggestion: Align the Trojan Crest to fit snugger against the head to allow use without a helmet
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • i think i found a new armor set for War, or at least a new headpiece...that amazon stuff looks very romanesque​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    If the capes get mirrored in other categories (Belt Accessory, Tails/Rear Accessory, and/or Hips Layer would be optimal imo), I'll definitely buy this set. Otherwise I'm not sure...
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Now we come to a real flaw with this set……. Three of it’s pieces are attachments and therefore not usable without first wearing the chest piece. The Belt could do with being mirrored in the Belt category and the other two (Greek-style Kilt straps and the Front/Back Flaps) could benefit greatly from being mirrored in other categories, perhaps Belt Accessory, Clothing or Hip Wear. I think these changes could bring this set up from pretty good to amazing.

It’s a real shame to limit the use of pieces by requiring the use of other pieces. Independent use for mixing and matching with other sets is the key to keeping up CO’s customisation.

So, all-in-all a nice set that could go from good to wonderous ;) if the chest attachment pieces weren't so restricted and were independent pieces, mirrored in other categories.

I agree with this assessment and would add to it: The wrap looks a bit out of place with the costume in my opinion; I think it an "Amazon/greek' themed wrap/belt would suit better (such as minotaur, cyclops, faun, harpy, pegasus, eagle, ect). The current belt could be used on an Amazon-style toga costume.

Suggestion: Please consider making an over the knee and thigh-high high-heeled (tight, please) version of the boots with access to all materials.

Suggestion: Please consider an *Amazon* style leg wraps/leg bracers for those who like their Amazon warriors barefoot.

Suggestion: Please consider creating an "Amazon Warrior" toga (short and long) and accessories for when our Amazon(s) are not in battle.

kyastral wrote: »
    Suggestion: Please consider making an over the knee and thigh-high high-heeled (tight, please) version of the boots with access to all materials.
    I'll second this. I wasn't going to suggest it originally (separating the two accessory pieces from the chest item is enough to immediately sell me on it as things stand now) but yeah, the shoes in their current from aren't something I'd really use, but I can admit that different people like different styles.

Still, a heeled version of the shoes would be icing on a cake that already looks absolutely fantastic.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    What it really needs is a sandal version for the foot.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited July 2017
    Given the real lack of variety of shields under the bracers category, this set could have been a great opportunity to add another one. A spear model would have been great too...

zrdRBy8.png
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Tired of heels for women. If there are going to be heels, they better be for both genders in addition to flats. The boots from both cyber sets have been ruined by asinine heels only for women. Not every armor set has to be pandering.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    A shield bracer would be nice!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    sterga wrote: »
    Tired of heels for women. If there are going to be heels, they better be for both genders in addition to flats. The boots from both cyber sets have been ruined by asinine heels only for women. Not every armor set has to be pandering.
    Well it's 2017 so...yeah. Let's get the boys some quality heels! :D And yes, that's in addition to the flat version, because choice is always good.

Having said that, I feel like this is something where it's 100% a matter of personal preference since I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Too many fugly flats--many of which I think would look better with some sort of heel.​​
    The Glass Shoe costume has heels for males, I love how they look. There's also male heels on the steampunk rocket boot, though those don't look as good due to the rocket on the back.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I think the Amazon armor does look nice as a set. However for me personally I see myself most likely using just the chest piece. Though if the skirt/kilt attachments are move to the hips/clothing/whatever categories instead of just being attachments for only that chest piece, then I'd use those too I think.

Overall opinion; I'll probably buy a couple other costume sets from the Z-Store ahead of this one. And if it's in a lockbox, well it'll be a bonus if I pick up this set's pieces if there's other incentives for me opening lockboxes this time around.
    edited July 2017
    Overall opinion; I'll probably buy a couple other costume sets from the Z-Store ahead of this one. And if it's in a lockbox, well it'll be a bonus if I pick up this set's pieces if there's other incentives for me opening lockboxes this time around.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Amazon Armor will be ZEN Store.
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Already in the Costume Suggestion Thread - but this set would be a good opportunity to add these:

spordelia wrote: »
    Already in the Costume Suggestion Thread - but this set would be a good opportunity to add these:

WrappedHeel.png
    I literally cannot throw my credit card at the screen hard enough.​​
  • ladylunamoonladylunamoon Posts: 10 Arc User
    Loving the Amazon set but few things...

1: Please give cloth and leather choice for the chest piece, I love that part but just not a fan of metal (I hardly use metal on outfits most times)

2: Not a fan of the flat shoe, a shoe can be flat and not look so dull. Bit more style to it might pull me around to loving it. I am on board with another heel choice, I do enjoy my heels, thick heels are awesome to me.

3: The foot acc (think that's where the shinguards are) Could we get a bit of design on that like with the shoulders? I think that would tie it all together for those who like a little flair/pattern.
    edited July 2017

Loving the Amazon set but few things...

3: The foot acc (think that's where the shinguards are) Could we get a bit of design on that like with the shoulders? I think that would tie it all together for those who like a little flair/pattern.

I absolutely agree with this. The shin-guards kinda look like they are from a different set entirely. They could do with the stylish flourishes that shoulders, helmet, and bracers have.

Suggestion: Please add an engraved design on the Foot Accessories similar to those on the Shoulders.

zrdRBy8.png
    I'd want that as a second option, as the current foot acc design is good for using with other costumes. Please bear that in mind
  • theklangertheklanger Posts: 4 Arc User

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion. Having attachments in separate categories just makes logical costuming sense and gives more creative freedom to the player. =)
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I would have to agree that having the skirt/leather strap should have been a hip/belt part.
    Yes please I agree with the previous feedbacks

More category availability for such costumes is always good for costumization and embrace the playerbase creativity

Those Skirt/Loincloths have a lot of unique potential​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Well....I might as well agree too! But seriously...I agree...I agree...I agree.
    I'm really looking forward to making a SciFi Spartan costume. Assuming devs take our waistcape separation suggestion...
    Currently, the rear waist pieces are mixed in with tails etc, but the front pieces are still stuck to the chest piece.

Are there any plans to also make the front waist pieces usable, independent of the chest piece? This is literally the one thing holding me back from buying this, and I suspect I'm not alone.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2017
    There are no plans on adding a front piece. It was looked into, but faced a bunch of bugs and overall did not look good.

We may work out front options in the future for various costumes, but not anytime in the near future.​​
    edited July 2017
    kaizerin said:

There are no plans on adding a front piece. It was looked into, but faced a bunch of bugs and overall did not look good.

We may work out front options in the future for various costumes, but not anytime in the near future.​​

I appreciate the explanation there kaizerin, TY.

zrdRBy8.png
    kaizerin wrote: »

We may work out front options in the future for various costumes, but not anytime in the near future.
    This makes me sad, but thanks for clarifying. Until the crotchcape+buttcape dream is fully realized, I suppose the back piece + the Persian belt will have to do.​​
  • poststalkerpoststalker Posts: 24 Arc User

The male equivalent of an Amazon is called a Gargarean. They are the Wonder Man to the Wonder Woman.
    What? Wait! I thought Wonder Man was created when Simon Williams underwent Baron Zemo's ion-treatment. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.