test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Small suggestion for water powerset

criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
I have been thinking this for a while, and I've seen plenty of powers with a lot of suggestion/requests. Sometimes, I've seen the devs took some suggestions I made in the PTS forums so... I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Water - Energy Powerset

1) Flowing Current - Energy Builder
50ft range - Mantain (uses basic one hand raised animation like Psi Lash)
+Deals single target cold damage if used against a foe
+Heals a single target if used on a friend
+Advantage - Applies a snare to the foe and a speed boost to the target if targeting a foe or friend

2) Striking Waves
100ft range - 3 strikes ranged combo (Uses Lash animation)
+Deals cold damage (first two strikes to single foe, final strikes deals damage to 3 max foes)
+Combo finish knocks down targets and Disorient them
+Advantage - Finishing the combo applies the Hard Frost debuff on all enemies

3) Tidal Wave
50 ft range, 45 degree cone (Uses Crushing Wave animation)
+Deals cold damage to foes in a cone in front of you
+Repels foes with increasing strengh per pulse
+Advantage - Applies Disorient to targets if fully mantained

4) Whirpool
25ft Sphere Area of Effect Damage/Heal (Uses Hurricane animation)
+Deals continuos Cold damage to targets around you
+Drags enemies to you with each pulse, if fully mantained targets are Rooted
+Advantage - Replaces the Root effect with a knock back if fully mantained)
+Advantage - If fully mantained applies Light Everlasting to allies near you - counts as an Enchantment for Sorcery purposes)

5) Flowing Form
Slotted Passive - 2 seconds activation
+Increases all your Elemental Damage
+Increases the healing you perform
+Increases your Knock and Repel resistances
+Foes attacking you have a chance to be Disoriented and Knock Down, this effect can happen once every 5 seconds
Advantage - Heals you and friendly targets. Healing aura has a 100 ft range and affects up to 10 allies around you.

6) Crushing Bubble
50ft range - 10 seconds recharge (uses Ego Hold animation)
+Single target hold
+Deals constant Cold damage and this damage doesn't break the hold duration
+Advantage - Transforms this hold power in an AoE hold with 50ft range and 15ft radius but increases the cost by 40% and the recharge time by 10 seconds
+Advantage - The bubble grants nearby allies a damage shield which lasts for 10 seconds

7) Healing Rain
50ft range - 60 degree cone ranged heal (uses Storm Summoner animation)
+Heals allies withing the range
+Healing is reduced if healing more than two targets
+Advantage - If fully mantained applies Illumination to targets
+Advantage - Applies Deadly Poison if fully mantained on enemies close to your ally target

8) Waters of Life
25ft Revive and Heal AoE (uses Eroded Shard animation)
+Brings back to life heroes around you
+4 seconds charge
Advantage - Transform Waters of Life to a single target Revive with 2 seconds charge and 15 seconds recharge time
Advantage - Grants you a damage absorbtion shield when you start to cast this power but increases its energy cost by 35%

9) Aquatic Reverberation
+Grants energy over time each time you apply a Disorient, Chill or Snare effect
+The energy of this form scales with your Presence or Endurance as well with your Recovery stats

10) Spirit of Water
Uncontrolled Pet
+Summons a spirit of water which will harm enemies with lesser versions of Flowing Current, Whirpool and Tidal Wave
+Rank 2 Benefits - The Spirit of Water will periodically affect foes with a Chilling Aura and has 10% to apply Chill to enemies
+Rank 3 Benefits - The Spirit of Water will periodically affect allies with a Regeneration Aura that heals allies around them. This heal is similar to the one provided by Support Drones R3

11) Tsunani
100ft range, 5ft cylinder (uses cast animation of Typhoon)
+Deals heavy Cold damage to foes in a line in front of you
+Targets affected are Repelled and Knock Down
+Snares foes
-Must be fully charged
Advantage - Grants Tsunami a 42%-100% chance to apply Chill to foes)
Advantage - Fully charging this power will Paralyze foes in a Water Bubble for 10 seconds.

12) Water Avatar
Active Ultimate
+Creates a water embodiment of your hero and grants the ability to fly for the duration
+Grants you a damage absorption shield (similar to a Field Surge r3)
+Grants you Knock and Crowd Control resistance
+Lasts for 15 seconds
-3 min cooldown
Advantage - Foes attacking you whill be Disoriented and Snared
-Places all Active Offense and Defense powers in a shared 90 seconds cooldown

This are my ideas, so @kaiserin and devs, fellow players what do you think?​​
Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Water is a tricky one in terms of damage types. Water isn't always cold, so is cold the best type to use? A jet of boiling water and steam is anything but cold.

Crushing might make more sense, but then there's the issue of Crushing already being rather widespread.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Well I will repeat what the common statement I've heard from devs over the years;

Very unlikely to happen.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User

Well I will repeat what the common statement I've heard from devs over the years;

Very unlikely to happen.

They said that at CoH as well...

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

Very unlikely to happen.

Why not repeat the other statements the devs here have said?

"Originally force was supposed to be water"
    "Water power effects are hard to make look right"
    "We wanted water powers but we couldnt get them to look like water so we changed it"
    "We dont have anyone who can make them look right"
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    xacchaeus said:

Very unlikely to happen.

They said that at CoH as well...

Yea, that low key, poorly animated thing they called water, I am sure that's what people wanted for a water set. And considering how graphically intense CO is, it is very unlikely to happen. Just like it is unlikely that giant auras and shrunk auras will become a thing beyond what was already added.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    I have been wanting a water powerset for a long time now.
    And am still hoping/waiting.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    There is a short wet look when your character enters a body of water. Can't the make that wet look and apply it to a force/Ice non-see through air powerset?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    There is a short wet look when your character enters a body of water. Can't the make that wet look and apply it to a force/Ice non-see through air powerset?
    Yeah it's called [Soaked Aura] and it's from the Anniversary event vendor​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Just an addition

1. I see Waterframe as powerframe dealing CRUSHING damage due to the pressure, and not COLD
    2. Water powerframe should have a debuff than reduce half Crushing and half Electric damage resistance.

The Electricity synergy should be more than obvious, Videogames and Science 101​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

Just an addition

1. I see Waterframe as powerframe dealing CRUSHING damage due to the pressure, and not COLD

2. Water powerframe should have a debuff than reduce half Crushing and half Electric damage resistance.

The Electricity synergy should be more than obvious, Videogames and Science 101​​

Well, if you want science, water is not conductive. If you got pure water it would never carry a charge. Most water, however, is not pure and has little things like minerals that tend to carry a charge hence why water is often seen as this electricity carrier and sometimes magic amplifier.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    I remember that science lesson, but the problem is getting water to stay pure so it's non-conductive.
    As my science teacher put it, the second you put your hand in water, the minerals on your skin just made it conductive.

Salt water is the best example, I read about how everytime someone went in the ocean, they got this strange prickling sensation.
    There was a thunderstorm several miles away electrifying the ocean and this person was getting a mild electric shock from it!

Water generally tends to be kinetic damage, it is liquid, but it still hits like a freight train!
    Read the comic Fathom to see all the ways it could be used.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    water created via magic would generally be pure, since, y'know...CREATED

very rarely have i seen aquamancy that utilizes already-existing water in the world, which would be impure, and therefore conductive​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Aspen (the lead character in Fathom) gets water by recombining the oxygen and hydrogen molecules in the atmosphere.
    Or just condensing the ambient moisture already present.
    If she's near a lake, river or ocean, then she's already got water to play with and just has to move it around.
    She isn't making it out of nothing.
    Kiani (a secondary Fathom character) states that if necessary, they can purify water to remove all kinds of impurities, from toxins to disease agents to oil spills and even salt.
    But she clarifies that (from the perspective of her species), salt water is pure, because they are biologically dependent on absorbing it. Water without salt is less beneficial to them.

While not exactly a water controller, Elsa from Frozen is also stated to get the water she needs to make her ice from the environment around her, she can't create it herself.

This is how much I am wanting a water powerset, I've already created the character:

When I have identified a powerset I really want, but doesn't exist, I premake the character and respec them to have no skills/build so they are instantly ready to incorporate it if it is provided on the live server.
    This one I gave a little extra prize to, she's got a flying fish vehicle all for her personal use. It seemed thematically appropriate to give her a fishlike submarine, being intended for water.
    Post edited by tilarta on