test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 4/13/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2017 in Release Notes
Foxbatcon
  • Foxbatcon is over. Both vendors will stick around for another week.
  • Fixed a typo where the first couple perks for using cheaply made ping pong ball devices were mislabeled for the trout slap perk names. They were granting the correct titles, the perks were just mislabeled.
  • Updated the perks for cheaply made ping pong balls, trout slaps and foam finger slaps to state that you need to hit players for it to count. Prior to this it said you needed to use the devices on 'people.'

Collector Lockbox
  • The Flashback event is running this week!
  • Added Mayhem lockbox items to this vendor.
  • Added more preview images to existing items.
  • Updated the Heroic Bow's textures as it was previously using incorrect ones.
  • Added Ridgeback, Raptor, Manta and Copperhead vehicles to the Collector store. These were vehicles from old lockboxes.
  • Updated the mark 2 versions of the Copperhead, Manta, Ridgeback and Raptor to have 8 slots (from 7).

Cosmic
  • Fixed a bug where Eidolon's Enervating and Shadow Crystals would sometimes respawn when defeated.
  • Fixed a bug where Eidolon wouldn't always summon his Enervating and Shadow Crystals.
  • Fixed a bug where the Destruction It Is debuff (short duration damage and healing debuff if an Enervating Crystal explodes) did not persist through defeat.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Frosticus and Kenina action figures were bind on pickup. They are now bind on equip.
  • Fixed a bug where the Detect Vulnerability specialization scaling changed.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    gradii wrote: »
    Fixed a bug where the Detect Vulnerability specialization scaling changed.

in what way did it change?

it was bugged last week and gave less Defence Penetration bonuses the more you stacked INT​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    A comment/request on the new device that makes you immune to fun/vanity devices. How about making it so those who use the anti-fun device cannot use the items they're blocking.
    Been getting trolled by a guy who is foam finger/trout slapping a lot of people,but can't return favor. I don't have a problem with devices myself as long as it's quid pro quo.
    Seems if you don't want to have them used on you, shouldn't be able to use them on others. Just throwing it out there.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 740 Arc User
    duke3eye said:

A comment/request on the new device that makes you immune to fun/vanity devices. How about making it so those who use the anti-fun device cannot use the items they're blocking.
    Been getting trolled by a guy who is foam finger/trout slapping a lot of people,but can't return favor. I don't have a problem with devices myself as long as it's quid pro quo.
    Seems if you don't want to have them used on you, shouldn't be able to use them on others. Just throwing it out there.

Just buy the No Fun Allowed Device for your characters then.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    That's exactly the opposite of a solution.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

That's exactly the opposite of a solution.

Bulls-eye! You're so right I choked on my cofee, lol

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    qawsada said:

duke3eye said:

Just buy the No Fun Allowed Device for your characters then.
    What's the point of these vanity and fun items then? If folks don't want to be bothered by them that's their business and I'm fine with them having the No Fun Allowed Device, but they shouldn't be allowed to have their cake and eat it too. It you don't want to get pelted with ping pong balls then you shouldn't pelt others with ping pong balls. It's the basic golden rule.
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    Composure continue with the error in the description of the power (in the part of Dodge and Avoidance). Only increase avoidance scaling with your super stats and dodge always in 16 % (in rank 3).
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    duke3eye said:

So he can return scorching ants with a magnifying glass. Probably also touching himself while doing so.
    The Fun Nullifier is a failed device in all it's glory. Like the poor amount of device slots isn't allready overbooked...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    The Fun Nullifier isn't failed, it's the people abusing them. I only use vanity devices when goofing off with friends in good fun. I use the Fun Nullifier so I'm not harassed by idiots who consider fun hitting me with giant snowballs for 30 minutes straight because they simply have nothing else to do.
  • Options
    If the Nullifier allows a one sided interaction then it's a failed device.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• ​​
    That is a good change.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

kaizerin said:

• ​​
    That is a good change.
    Agreed, I don't remember this happening last year, and seeing as I had hundreds of Foxbat currency on multiple characters (903 on my main character alone) I don't think I had the choice to spend it last year.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

What's the point of these vanity and fun items then? If folks don't want to be bothered by them that's their business and I'm fine with them having the No Fun Allowed Device, but they shouldn't be allowed to have their cake and eat it too. It you don't want to get pelted with ping pong balls then you shouldn't pelt others with ping pong balls. It's the basic golden rule.

For those who want to have fun or doesn't care about getting wack by a fish? Of course, if the player doesn't want get hit or pelted by ping pong balls, they could just get the No Fun Allowed Device instead. It doesn't matter if the person that using the item was using those vanity item, it matter if you use the No Fun Allowed Device to prevent fun from happening to you.
    guyhumual said:

If the Nullifier allows a one sided interaction then it's a failed device.

Then use it and don't allow those players to use those vanity items on you.

You guys are over complexing this problem when the solution is just using the No Fun Allowed Device yourself.
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Thanks for the Eidolon fixes!
  • Options
    qawsada said:

You guys are over complexing this problem when the solution is just using the No Fun Allowed Device yourself.

No, you're not understanding the problem. People who hate devices like the cowboyification ray should have a device that allows them to opt out of dealing with the ray. I'm fine with that. People that hate the cowboyification ray, get a Fun Nullifier, shouldn't then be allowed to use the ray on others. As I said earlier, that's the golden rule: do onto others as you'd have them do onto you. If they want to be immune then they shouldn't be able to hit other people. What don't you understand about this basic human decency?

Basically what you're proposing is that rules should only apply to those that aren't in the know. That it's fine to troll people who don't have the device without fear of reprisal as anyone without a fun nullification device has it coming.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    people who use the fun nullification device then go on to abuse devices by spamming them nonstop on people who don't want to use the fun nullification device are now forcing those people to use it themselves or else fall victim to the same abuse that caused the device to be requested to begin with..making it so everyone has to get the nullification device which makes all the fun devices in the game now useless. I feel like its all fun and games when these devices are being used on neutral grounds where everyone is free to play along(or not hense the desire for the nullification device to begin with) but using the nullification device than going on to spam devices on people without retaliation is abusing the system and I do really think it needs to be fixed.

Just fix the nullification device to block out the use of the same devices it cancels out, that way everyone is happy. It'd be a bit hypocritical to disagree as I can think of no reason why allowing it to stay the way it is is justifiable.

Fix it please.

Some people enjoy going head to head be it debate, sports, snowball fights...
    nobody likes taking a beating with no way to retaliate.

I know it's just a game and tbh I am making sound like a bigger issue that it is probably, but hey that is what forums are for right??

Fix it.

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    Just get rid of all these so-called fun devices. Seems like they are something that is more divisive for the community rather than something that is genuinely enjoyed. They sure add nothing to the game for me.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options

Just get rid of all these so-called fun devices. Seems like they are something that is more divisive for the community rather than something that is genuinely enjoyed. They sure add nothing to the game for me.

That is not what the people who are complaining in this thread are complaining about. No fun devices period is just as bad as saying everyone should just go out and get a nullifier.

• Options
    mettrekmettrek Posts: 20 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

That is not what the people who are complaining in this thread are complaining about. No fun devices period is just as bad as saying everyone should just go out and get a nullifier.
    Exactly. Everyone derives enjoyment from different aspects of the game. The goal is to allow people to enjoy themselves without their actions impinging on others.

The use of Vanity Devices should have a whitelisting option. Just as duels, tells and various types of invites can be blocked, so too should Vanity Devices have a similar option. When the whitelisted option is checked Vanity Devices can only be used with friends, or used on the player by friends or SG members. This would allow players to use Vanity Devices within their circle of trusted people but prevent harassment or trolling by others, and also get Vanity Device related perks, when applicable.

Also, importantly, it frees up a much needed device slot which can be crucial when some devices have long timers that immediately go on cool down when a device is slotted.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    It's easier to just get rid of them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

It's easier to just get rid of them.

And how do you suggest those that have them be compensated for taking them away?

Surely it's easier to just not be able to use the fun devices when equiping the fun nullifier.... as well as it being a logical side-effect of using the device.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Updated the Heroic Bow's textures as it was previously using incorrect ones.

Was this REALLY necessary?
    Previously the textures made the Heroic Bow look like it was made out of WOOD material, or at least it had the craved wood texture immersion

Now it's just boring plastic​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    and to give visual comparison of before and after
    McHAsRU.png

I'm really dissapointed, the "incorrect" textures looked so much better

why fixing something that could be used as a feature?
    It's the closest thing we ever got as wood texture on a weapon, now it looks like a plastic mess​​
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

and to give visual comparison of before and after

McHAsRU.png

I'm really dissapointed, the "incorrect" textures looked so much better

why fixing something that could be used as a feature?

It's the closest thing we ever got as wood texture on a weapon, now it looks like a plastic mess​​

Just looked at it on my archer who uses (make that "used" now, past tense) this bow and it looked much better before. This update looks more like a downgrade.

I'm kinda scratching my head and wondering why this was thought to be a good idea.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

As I said earlier, that's the golden rule: do onto others as you'd have them do onto you.

And yet you want to to request that the No Fun Allowed Device prevent them from using those vanity device. Please stick with one point instead of contradicting yourself.

That being said, just get the No Fun Allowed Device and it will never bother you again.

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Again, that's not a solution to the problem. You apparently have no clue what the problem is. It isn't "they're using the device on me". It's "trolls are using it to still troll while not being able to be trolled back". You see, some of us LIKE these devices and find them fun, but if someone opts out, they need to opt ALL the way out (I like that White listing idea above...better than this half measure)..

IT'S NOT ABOUT GETTING THE DEVICE USED ON YOU.

Clear?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    Then just get a No Fun Allowed Device and slot it in your device tray. How hard can that be?
  • Options
    qawsada said:

Then just get a No Fun Allowed Device and slot it in your device tray. How hard can that be?

Or continue to make this simple request to fix the issue in a way that will please everyone on both sides. Maybe?

• Options
    beezeeze said:

Or continue to make this simple request to fix the issue in a way that will please everyone on both sides. Maybe?

I don't know, the No Fun Allowed Device can already do this if you use the said device, no need to add more developer's resource and time on to it. It sounds like you guys don't want to use the No Fun Allowed Device at all.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    It would probably be better if the no fun device were actually an ui option (*Like the other whitelist options*) rather then a device.
    But it should definitely work both ways, those with the no fun allowed device should not be able to use the devices they don't want used on them.

Removing the vanity devices people enjoy using is a kin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The PA set shows the ui can be set to disallow certain abilities to be used when certain conditions are met.
  • Options
    draogn said:

But it should definitely work both ways, those with the no fun allowed device should not be able to use the devices they don't want used on them.

But if everyone uses the No Fun Allowed Device, then no one can use the vanity item at all. It is as simple as applying one to your device tray.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    qawsada said:

It sounds like you guys don't want to use the No Fun Allowed Device at all.

Yes exactly!

• Options
    beezeeze said:

Yes exactly!

It seem kind of wasteful. Someone that complains about getting hit by snowballs/taco/party cannon™, want the developer to add another effect to the No Fun Allowed Device, but don't use it. Are you going to complain that water is wet next?
  • Options
    qawsada said:

beezeeze said:

Yes exactly!

It seem kind of wasteful. Someone that complains about getting hit by snowballs/taco/party cannon™, want the developer to add another effect to the No Fun Allowed Device, but don't use it. Are you going to complain that water is wet next?
    People complained to get the nullifier device into the game... I'm only asking that it be fair, what's the harm in that?

• Options
    xanthumn#5235 xanthumn Posts: 8 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

people who use the fun nullification device then go on to abuse devices by spamming them nonstop on people who don't want to use the fun nullification device are now forcing those people to use it themselves or else fall victim to the same abuse that caused the device to be requested to begin with..making it so everyone has to get the nullification device which makes all the fun devices in the game now useless. I feel like its all fun and games when these devices are being used on neutral grounds where everyone is free to play along(or not hense the desire for the nullification device to begin with) but using the nullification device than going on to spam devices on people without retaliation is abusing the system and I do really think it needs to be fixed.

Just fix the nullification device to block out the use of the same devices it cancels out, that way everyone is happy. It'd be a bit hypocritical to disagree as I can think of no reason why allowing it to stay the way it is is justifiable.

Fix it please.

Some people enjoy going head to head be it debate, sports, snowball fights...
    nobody likes taking a beating with no way to retaliate.

I know it's just a game and tbh I am making sound like a bigger issue that it is probably, but hey that is what forums are for right??

Fix it.

The Fun Nullification Device should have a cooldown added to it as well.
    This way someone couldn't hit you with a vanity device and then pop the Fun Nullification Device on to prevent reprisal.
    This, in addition to preventing Fun Nullification Device users from using vanity devices, could also help control trolling.
  • Options
    beezeeze said:

People complained to get the nullifier device into the game... I'm only asking that it be fair, what's the harm in that?

Just equipping the No Fun Allowed Device would give them what they want. No need to waste more of the developer's time if it does what it was meant to do. Anyone can go to the ERP Club, buy one for 50,000 dollars, and equip it in a device slot. That alone is fair.

• Options

The Fun Nullification Device should have a cooldown added to it as well.
    This way someone couldn't hit you with a vanity device and then pop the Fun Nullification Device on to prevent reprisal.
    This, in addition to preventing Fun Nullification Device users from using vanity devices, could also help control trolling.

You could do the simple thing and just equip the No Fun Allowed Device. The No Fun Allowed Device already stop the trolling from the troll that use the vanity device, so why have the developer waste their time adding more function to an item that already does what you guys suggest?
  • Options
    qawsada said:

beezeeze said:

Just equipping the No Fun Allowed Device would give them what they want. No need to waste more of the developer's time if it does what it was meant to do. Anyone can go to the ERP Club, buy one for 50,000 dollars, and equip it in a device slot. That alone is fair.

That's like...not the point though...
    however I feel like we've pretty much covered the issue

but I will probably bring it up again.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    qawsada said:

ust equipping the No Fun Allowed Device would give them what they want.

No it wouldn't. I have no problem being hit by 'fun' devices as long as I can retaliate in kind.
  • Options
    xanthumn#5235 xanthumn Posts: 8 Arc User
    qawsada said:

beezeeze said:

I already have it equipped.
    IF this change was to be made, I pointed out a possible workaround to still allow trolling and a possible way to solve it.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

qawsada said:

ust equipping the No Fun Allowed Device would give them what they want.

No it wouldn't. I have no problem being hit by 'fun' devices as long as I can retaliate in kind.
    But you should still use the Fun Nullifier. That's what people keep saying.
    Like really.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    qawsada...

I'm getting the impression that the simplicity of this request is not being understood. I could be wrong though. Allow me to try rephrasing it.

These people are merely requesting an adjustment to the "No Fun Allowed Device" so it can't be exploited against fellow players, allowing the user to continue pestering people while being immune to the "fun" effects themselves. Simply put, if a player equips the "No Fun Allowed Device", then there should of course be "no fun allowed", period, for them or the people who were targeting them. All such devices will be temporarily unusable so long as the "Fun Nullifier" buff is in effect.

They're just requesting the device to go both ways for the one using it. It's a fair request, is it not?
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • Options
    xel#8768 said:

qawsada...

I'm getting the impression that the simplicity of this request is not being understood. I could be wrong though. Allow me to try rephrasing it.

These people are merely requesting an adjustment to the "No Fun Allowed Device" so it can't be exploited against fellow players, allowing the user to continue pestering people while being immune to the "fun" effects themselves. Simply put, if a player equips the "No Fun Allowed Device", then there should of course be "no fun allowed", period, for them or the people who were targeting them. All such devices will be temporarily unusable so long as the "Fun Nullifier" buff is in effect.

They're just requesting the device to go both ways for the one using it. It's a fair request, is it not?

Yeah. They simply should just wear the No Fun Allowed Device if they don't want to get pester by it. That is pretty much why the device exist.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    qawsada said:

Yeah. They simply should just wear the No Fun Allowed Device if they don't want to get pester by it. That is pretty much why the device exist.

But...my objective isn't to avoid being pestered by fun devices. My objective is to make sure that if someone throws a snowball at me, I can throw one back.
  • Options

But...my objective isn't to avoid being pestered by fun devices. It's to avoid being pestered by people using no fun devices. Those are completely different goals.

Don't know what to say other than to wear the device. Those players with the device will not pester you with the vanity item.

• Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    What if you don't want people with fun nullifiers to use devices on you, but you still want to let everyone else use fun devices on you?
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

You see, some of us LIKE these devices and find them fun,

I remember a few runs of the anniv mission where people celebrated defeating the Mega-Destroids with an epic snowball fight. Or was it water-balloons? enh, you get the idea.

BTW, did you know there's accolades for having fun? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Just looked at it on my archer who uses (make that "used" now, past tense) this bow and it looked much better before. This update looks more like a downgrade.

I'm kinda scratching my head and wondering why this was thought to be a good idea.
    gradii wrote: »
    When I heard that the heroic bow texture was being upgraded I thought it would be an improvement. Silly me.
    I'm still upset about Heroic Bow, you are right this is an outright DOWNGRADE, it sucked out the uniqueness of the weapon, and since weapons DO NOT have material choices we cannot change it back to the original

DEVs, NOBODY Complained about the texture, nobody wanted the texture to change, the original texture was 100 times better than this generic metal-plastic

Now the boy looks like a cheap plastic toy for kids

Seriously DEVs, you should revert it back to the previous textures
    If it works, DON'T FIX IT
    You screwed up, change it back, sell this as feature
    This was the most unique weapon skin for archery due to the wood textures

as a costume fan, this change simply upsets me, I'm using the heroic bow on 2 characters because how fantasy themed it was​​