test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So how does equipment work now?

I've been away for a few years and it seems all my equipment blueprints are gone, replaced by some sort of fusing system. If I can't make it myself how do I get equipment that goes well with my build?

Comments

• Options
    thfinalnightmarethfinalnightmare Posts: 15 Arc User
    Still leveling just hit 26, problem is all my old gear was for a build that doesn't work anymore, so I need to replace everything.
  • Options
    thfinalnightmarethfinalnightmare Posts: 15 Arc User
    Aren't there just shops where I can buy level appropriate gear?
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The armadillo/etc scaling set gear used to be reasonable, but it's not anymore. Honestly, the best bet is to just ride the alert gravy train to 40 wearing whatever you have, then spend resources gearing up that way. Until the trashiness of low-level gear acquisition is addressed, there's not much else you can do.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Standard gear for leveling is hard to come by unless you're willing to pay on the AH for it. Going to the Recognition Vendor allows you to buy pieces of gear, but they're entirely random and may not ever be what you need. Without a Lv40 already, your best bet is to look for stuff on the AH. If you do at least have a Lv25 and pick up a Nemesis, you can do Nemesis mission for the tokens to buy Account-bound gear which is good to level with. Once you hit Lv40 though, you should have enough Questionite to purchase some Mercenary equipment if you've been performing Alert dailies.

As far as Mods/Fusion goes, the gist of it is there's 3 mod types; Cores, Armorings, Enhancements each requiring their own slot on their piece of gear. Cores modify a specific unique stat like Crit Chance, Cooldown Rating, and more, while Armorings and Enhancements boost Superstats like Constitution and Ego. Most of the standard gear you get while leveling won't have slots to capitalize on until you reach mid-30s.

You can also fuse 5 of the same mod for a chance at 1 of that mod in the tier above, up to Tier 9. You can improve your odds of fusion with Catalysts. I like to say that they come in 3 types, Chance-boosting, Safeguard, and Rank-boosting. The first should be obvious, being very basic in just increasing your odds. Safeguards will prevent destruction of your mods should you fail the fusion attempt, and Rank-boosting are a free fusion from one rank to the next with no chance to fail.

I should really get back to fixing my guide again... Hope this all helps!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Also, there are two general categories of Mods now. Legacy mods that can't be fused, and the new ones.

We DO have new GCR mods that work like some of the Legacy mods, but... while they LOOK similar apparently the old legacy mods aren't the same thing.

I got curious when I realized one day that the legacy mods had had their pictures updated. BTW... If you have any legacy mods you don't want, feel free to mail them to @marhawkman.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    If you have old silly stupid useless power replacers you don't want anymore, mail em to me !!!! @zemmax89 !!!!

but srsly, you don't need to worrry about the gear between levels 1-39, It's not that important. Once you get to lvl 40, gear up.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/183870/the-ultimate-guide-to-item-prefixes

you can buy leveling gear from the Questionite store.
    Nemesis gear.
    Markhawkman, you're behind on the old mods. I already noticed it when they first changed and reported it with samples. I have a large collection of them. Only some have changed. and the changed ones are now fusable but NOT with the actual new ones. The Avoid cores, now have two types old and new.
    to the OP, old power replacers, costume unlocks are valuable.
    DON'T hit ctrl right click on any old components, it will convert all components in bags and bank to Rank 1 mods. sell them​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If you run the opening missions from Kodiak you should end up with basic blue gear that levels with you. Another option is the Hero Starter pack in the C-store for 500 zen.. It has a full set of leveling gear that improves as you level.

Also check and see how much questionite you have. Returning players might have lots... And you can buy gear from the questionite store.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    I am not aware that it does...

That said, I have two sets of heirloom gear (Sorcerer's and Gunslinger's) that I swap to new characters when I want to level them. Two pieces from Drifter and two from the Questionite store so readily available. The other two pieces were originally available on the Zen Store (the Gunslingers still is) but can usually be found on the auction house and aren't that expensive.

As someone mentioned earlier Nemesis heirloom is also an option.

Bottom line, I recommend acquiring one of the heirloom sets for leveling.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    gradii said:

If you run the opening missions from Kodiak you should end up with basic blue gear that levels with you.

When did they change the basic level 6-10 gear to scale with level?
    I think river's mistaking not having a level number for level scaling (assuming he's talking about the box of gear you get from watching the training videos in the Powerhouse). It doesn't to my knowledge.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just do some quests around your level, you'll get some gear.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    This is perhaps one thing I do dislike, is that gearing is a tad difficult leveling up until you get to modded gear. You're at the RNG mercy for the most part, with some missions providing moderately okay gear. Heirloom gear, of course, makes this simple as the gear levels with you.

I wish they sold at least some basic gear in stores beyond RNG boxed stuff.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I do almost all my leveling gear through the AH, and I'm constantly updating/fiddling every 10 levels or so. It's sort of like a mini-game to me now, seeing what kind of build I can make out of what I can find on the AH. I hate all the "Super Stats Only" gear.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Just do some quests around your level, you'll get some gear.

Pretty much this. You can always respec your build into a leveling build that might make leveling easier till you get some more gear though. (Not sure if you FF though, or if you have any retcons available). If not then just do missions and alerts till you get some.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I do almost all my leveling gear through the AH, and I'm constantly updating/fiddling every 10 levels or so. It's sort of like a mini-game to me now, seeing what kind of build I can make out of what I can find on the AH. I hate all the "Super Stats Only" gear.

Yeah, I usually make do with whatever I get from story mission rewards and random drops. I hate most of the "leveling" sets because they're just not good gear.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    With me it's all because I'm character driven. I don't care about uber, I want to give them them stats that make them "themselves". Only fiddling with three stats is too restrictive. :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    I also look at the total amount of stat boost SS gear gives you compared to non-SS. It's usually lower....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters