test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well now!

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hrr... I guess ncsoft decided they needed to copy Heroes of the Storm?
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It really bothers me that his Magneto helmet doesn't match the rest of his costume.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Hrr... I guess ncsoft decided they needed to copy Heroes of the Storm?

NCSoft is big into eSports, with BnS actually being one of the few, if only MMOs, that has an actual successful eSports event that I know of. So, it wouldn't surprise me that NCSoft is trying to get into the MOBA field now. MOBAs are big business at this point and as much as it chafe's the butts of CoH fans, CoH is still NCSoft property and as such they can incorporate Statesman there. Though I got a laugh out of the Kotaku article that proclaimed Statesman as a beloved character. Maybe on Bizarro World or Praetoria or something, definitely not in our reality.

The other thing is just reinforcing their control over the IP. Whether they like to admit it or not, there are quite a number of "fan" projects now that are encroaching dangerously on the line of infringement. I know I saw at least one comment saying this was NCSoft just trying to get back their lost consumers, which gave me a mild chuckle. Most of their other franchises dwarfed CoH by quite a large margin, so the loss of CoH players, regardless of feelings, did not hurt them. While any business would want to get more customers, this is nothing more than reinforcing their IP in the long run and well, it is their right when creating their own MOBA based on their own IPs.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    aesica said:

It really bothers me that his Magneto helmet doesn't match the rest of his costume.​​

Heh, it's not even a helmet. It's a face-plate with no back. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The other thing is just reinforcing their control over the IP.

Well, trademark probably; avoids any claims of abandonment.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Good thing they had Statesman backup, Tyrant still alive....​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!