test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Champions PNP Villain Would You Like to See In CO Next?

2»

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I think the terrain types we have now could be cobbled together to create a decent alien planetscape to visit for a mission. Ironclad might recruit PCs to help his people, the Perseids, in their war against the Hzeel. Ironclad's a hero on Earth, and the Hzeel plan to invade Earth, so there's good motivation.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I'd like to see the Empress, whose name escapes me. I think she could tie in with the long lost plot thread from Roinesh storyline.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Tyrannon the Conqueror. Frankly, I'm tired of this pseudo-Lovecraftian schlock. If we're going to have occult story lines, let's get an old-school, Dr. Strange style baddie in here.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    yeah, let's hear something about the being who had a power named after him​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Much as I love Tyrannon, CO's character models aren't currently set up to do his many non-human forms justice, nor are they likely to be expanded for the foreseeable future. His and V'han's rival as a dimensional conqueror, Skarn the Shaper, would probably be more doable. Skarn and most of his elite cadre are roughly humanoid, and their various personalities and motivations provide a range of role-playing opportunities. Tyrannon's forms are very different from each other physically, but they all share his same monomaniacal megalomania.
    edited February 2017
    The Monster. A gothic-horror, mad-slasher villain; kind of like blending Quasimodo, Jack the Ripper, Mr. Hyde, the Phantom of the Opera, Freddie Krueger, and Jason Voorhees, then irradiating the whole mess with gamma rays.

No one knows what the Monster truly is, or where it comes from. It seems to exist to spread terror and death. Its thoughts are so evil, a telepath just touching its mind ends up with a bleeding brain.
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    Professor Paradigm, a.k.a. The Malevolent Metaphysician (thanks, Dr. Silverback!). He's the guy asking the big questions and poking at reality in the name of such. He'd probably be Power Armor, Gadgeteering, and (emulated) Sorcery. Which is cool because we don't have many mixed powerset villians in CO (current iteration of Kevin Poe is the most obvious example and he leaves much to be desired). My only hesitation is that Cryptic would be unable to do the character justice due to his unorthodox motivations. And then there's also his weird looking armor and his equally weird Paradigm Pirates.

I'd also like to see The Devil's Advocates make an appearance. It's more mystical stuff but it's not Qlithpoth. And they'd be a lot easier for Cryptic to pull off than Professor Paradigm. Though a quest involving Gyre and Professor Paradigm would be awesome...

For someone more mundane, I'd like to see Franklin Stone lurking about in the background. Have ACI get involved in Argent (e.g. Stone subtly plays the heroes against Argent) or even Harmon Industries (e.g. James Harmon IV gets framed and you try to clear his name). Moderately difficult to implement since Stone isn't the kind of villain fought directly.

A little bit more lighthearted would be Thunderbolt I vs. Thunderbolt II in a battle for the right to the name. It'd like that episode of the Tick cartoon, "The Tick vs. The Tick". Heroes would have to break it up to prevent collateral damage. Very in line with CO and even a bit self-referential since player character names are unique to account rather than the server. We've all seen different player characters with the same name standing next to each other... this is the logical conclusion!
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • bricedaurybricedaury Posts: 14 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind some old favorite staples like Pulsar, Howler, and even Ogre showing up. And, of course- Cryptic, please find the rights owner for C.L.O.W.N. and buy them for some lighthearted zaniness that doesn't involve Foxbat.
    edited July 2017
    Hey, you don't need CLOWN or Foxbat for lighthearted Champions zaniness. There are several official villains already in the IP in that vein: Bulldozer, bombastic superstrong pro-wrestler type; The Incubus, reality-warping extradimensional imp with a twisted sense of humor; Lash, whip-wielding would-be Lothario; El Salto, combining Puck from Alpha Flight with Batroc the Leaper; Shrinker, size-changing prankster who loves embarrassing superheroes; Zigzag, wise-cracking stretching superthief. A number of other villains easily lend themselves to being played for laughs, like the aforementioned Paradigm Pirates, Arachne, or Captain Chronos.

(Most of the above mentioned villains can be found in Champions Villains Vol. 3, except Professor Paradigm in CV Vol. 1.)
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

I'd like to see Borealis and his followers in "Destiny" become involved in doings in the Canada zone. As a fervent Canadian patriot, all the American villains and heroes, not to mention aliens, messing up Canada's north would surely draw his attention and ire.

I had forgetten about this. I do wonder how Borealis feels about the Hunter-Patriots running around though. Regardless, I'm sure someone at Cryptic wouldn't be able to resist giving him a "Make Canada Great Again" line or something if he ever makes it into the game.

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing something happen to his follower, the Landsman, and those keeping tabs on him. Augury, Telieos, Borealis, and the Land all have their own plans for the Landsman and having all of those plans pile up and inevitably cross paths/blow up... fun storytelling potential right there.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Posts: 29 Arc User
    I would personally love to see Tezcatlipoca, especially if it means getting some more Aztec/Mayan-style costume items.
    Proud player of both CO and STO!