test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what mods should I be slotting for high end gear?

akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
Is it best to stay with the regular mods for a melee, dual blades build? Or should I be slotting some of the mods from the recognition vendor? I'd like to get my crit chance up as high as possible. it's currently at 33%.

Also do you recommend the secondaries like the claws or talons from the recog vendor?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Depends on what yours stats are and what you want to increase.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Depends on what yours stats are and what you want to increase.

It really is this.

Only thing I can say is that I have heard that you should never slot for crit severity because the curve is so steep on that.

If you really want more ideas or suggestions, I would suggest going to the "Builds and Roles" forum and posting you character there.
    Once people see what you have and where you are thinking about going, they will more easily be able to help you get there (or make suggestions that send you somewhere better).
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    akaara1 said:

Is it best to stay with the regular mods for a melee, dual blades build? Or should I be slotting some of the mods from the recognition vendor? I'd like to get my crit chance up as high as possible. it's currently at 33%.

Also do you recommend the secondaries like the claws or talons from the recog vendor?

Thanks

Your Primary and Secondary Super Stats, powers, and your specializations usually are the basis for what mods are best for your build. If, for instance, your Crit is based on having PSS DEX+Ward/Guardicator, then certainly mod for that.

One aspect that's usually constant, though, is modding for extra CON or Bonus Health. Most would dedicate at least one or two slots for buffing your Health. CON is especially the case for the Juggernaut specialization as well as boosting the Ego Surge+Nimble Mind effect.

The Cosmic Secondaries are nice for building up either PSS or SSS, but they are limited to the Core Mods. Personally, I'd choose the Onslaught Secondaries. Their only limitation is Maxing out at R5 Mods.