test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add a Social Instance to the Ravenswood Campus?

Suggestion: they add like a small social instance of a classroom with removable npc buttons like in the other social areas. For Roleplayers
Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?

Comments

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I believe this as been suggested before, in the suggestion section, but I'd be for this.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Or do something, ANYTHING with it. I can't believe they went to the trouble of putting it there just as a tutorial reference prop. My imagination had them setting up a new "level 6-10" set of missions out of there.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    any new social area gets an instant YES from me. it's sad to see the campus is just an outside place with no interiors at all :(
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Those buildings were really a waste of potential

They could easily be Social Instances​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    Social instance is definitely warranted, some missions there also!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    how do you guys imagine the interior? I've always imagined it a bit like the X-mansion. a mix of classical fanciness and high tech systems.
    The could even make them with th vibora bay house interiors, connected to some more high tech rooms. shouldn't be too hard to do...
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    tfab10tfab10 Posts: 38 Arc User

Or do something, ANYTHING with it. I can't believe they went to the trouble of putting it there just as a tutorial reference prop. My imagination had them setting up a new "level 6-10" set of missions out of there.

Honestly IMO they should create the main campus with enter able collage, daily missions, and a secret basement lab that links to powerhouse. But I'd Settle for a empty classroom
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    How many buildings are there? Three?

So do three different interiors.
    One containing basic schoolrooms (say four with desks and chairs that can be sat down at) and a hallway with entrances at either end.
    One "generic mansion" interior (ala Vibora Bay) with access to other functions; A tailor, and a collections officer at least with some smaller side-rooms. Maybe even have a theatre like you can find in the VB mansion.
    One "training room" that either functions as or gives access to a powerhouse. Just set up like a gymnasium with a basketball court, some bleachers (that can be sat down in), and maybe some gymnastics equipment off to the side like a pommel horse, rings, and high/uneven bars.

Bonus if the interiors also contain at least one mission giver and the whole thing gives players a new mission chain (preferably scaled to level) that fits the school.

Also: Get rid of the used car lot. Great that they decided to show off some of the new vehicles, but those aren't new vehicles now and don't really fit in with the surroundings.
    If they want an actual new vehicle showcase then they should set one up somewhere else in town. Make an actual "car lot" of some sort somewhere in town with a handful of the newest vehicle designs.

Heck, make it large enough and they can show every vehicle available in the game, maybe with a feature that lets players click on the vehicle to see it's stats and what they have to do to get that vehicle ("Available in the drifter store", "available in the lockbox (or the collector's store, if applicable)" "available from the Zen store", etc).

Close down the vehicle place in the RenCen, which is woefully inadequate for showing off the variety of vehicles in the game, and use said car lot as the place to redeem vehicle upgrades as well.

I know this is straying from the topic of the school, but having those cars sitting there just doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    As a big X-Men fan I need this instance in my life :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

I was kinda surprised that there wasn't a little mission chain added to them too.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    They used to have the panty raid Purple Pose mission in the park, maybe time to bring that back.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    That was when the westside missions were the second arc you did after canada/desert. They got shuffled down to actual westside.
    I miss the dress up as vendors and pay the protection money mission​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I support this, lots of library stuff available in the game already and furniture for a preppy school feel. Whiteboards, teacher desk, stuff like that too. Just need some student desk maybe..
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    nah, there's a lot of small desks too. like the ones in the bank sets...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    As a minor consolation of sorts, some of the goons from the Nighthawk event spawn on campus grounds.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    For what is effectively the equivalent of the Xavier school for the Gifted except in public, it sees surprisingly little action (whereas Xavier's school is a smoking crater at least every semester).
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User

For what is effectively the equivalent of the Xavier school for the Gifted except in public, it sees surprisingly little action (whereas Xavier's school is a smoking crater at least every semester).

Well keep in mind that's not the main school, just a satellite campus, the actual Ravenwood is on an island somewhere on the Detroit River
  • Options
    baronleo#9423 baronleo Posts: 37 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Well keep in mind that's not the main school, just a satellite campus, the actual Ravenwood is on an island somewhere on the Detroit River
    We *SO* need that as a beginner area for level 6 to 15.

"If you are interested in an education, catch the ferry to Ravenswood. Speak with Headmistress/Headmaster [Insert "Golden Age " Champions character's name] to enroll." says Defender

Go to Campus and speak with said character. Island is half the size of Monster Island. Character meets you at the dock to tell you where to find the headmaster/headmistress. Go and enroll with said character, get small exp and "Campus ID" which grants access to certain areas, Mostly RP areas

"You should steer clear of the Troublemakers. They are the kids of some supervillains we allowed to come to this school in hopes of rehabilitation, but I am afraid the apples have not fallen far from the tree. There is also an abandoned VIPER base on the island that UNTIL has demanded we steer clear of for our own safety. Please avoid the southern section of the island beyond the fences."

This is pregnant with possibilities. :)

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    It's funny, I did make a suggestion for the Ravenswood Campus back in April 2016.

HERE

The values for rewards are a little off, so maybe I'll repost with updated stuff
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm.. another *social* area. So, we would have a *Kid* Caprice as well as a Club Caprice if this were to happen. I can see it now; a Ravenswood social instance would be filled with RP toons with anime/manga school boy/girl tribute costumes. :D There are social/crafting instances that are available that players either dont know about and/or don't care to use them. If Ravenswood can be turned into a social instance, it should include rooms with specific crafting tables (much like university science labs) in it as well. But first, Ravesnswood should be revisited for adding low-level repeatable missions and a seperate tutorial for Cosmic Events/Encounters.
  • Options
    well of course I'd prefer to have a new leveling zone in ravenwood, but considering the chance that might happen, we're aiming a bit lower...
    natesig.jpg