What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/1/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,170 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2016 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
  • Added Steel Wolf costume set.

Flashback Week
The Collector lockbox will be dropping all week.
Added preview images to some more items.
Added the following items to the Collector store:
  • Rocker Costume set
  • Stereo Glider hoverboard costumes
  • Power Chord power unlock
  • Bladed and Feuerdrache Guitar costumes
  • Music and Symphony Auras
  • Rock and Glam Stereo Glider vehicles

Subscription Reward
  • Added Cheerful Puppy costume. Your shoulder kitten can now have company!

Queues
  • We've made some adjustments to our queue system that should help with queues getting stuck in their rotation.
  • These changes should also help with the PvP queues kicking people from matches. The kicking bug still occasionally occurs, but it should do so less frequently.
  • Lowered the minimum team requirement for UTC matches to 8 people (from 10).
  • Added confirm box for PvP matches.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the alert UI screen had smushed buttons when on a team.
  • Respecs have been issued for players who owned Plasma Beam and the U-238 Rounds advantage prior to November 16th.
  • Fixed a bug where the new Nighthawk vehicles had their exhaust FX coming out of the wrong spot.
  • Known bug: There's a texture issue with the Werewolf Tail and Wolf Mane Hair costumes where their color mapping was changed. This will be corrected next week.
  • Known Bug: The male version of the Steel Wolf bracers can currently only be found under Left or Right and not both. This will be corrected next week.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    "Fixed a bug where the alert UI screen had smushed buttons when on a team."

Love that techie jargon. :D
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    gradii said:

What does this "Steel Wolf" costume set look like?

photo cdf872568668214e01b599cb699e6c2e1480560128.jpg

Really nice helmet there.

While I'm not doubting the amount of work and skill that the artist and the devs put into making this costume set, it would be nice to have a more modern superhero comic-book slant on future sets and pieces.

Maybe we could look to the example of the Viper snake styled helmet or the Steelhawk and Nighthawk sets for future inspiration on animal themed sets, rather than fantasy armour.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 982 Arc User
    no comic book style? cmon I can totally see a "night avenger with a wolf costume" here!!
    or maybe a sorcerer imbued with a wolf spirit or something like that
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Added Cheerful Puppy costume. Your shoulder kitten can now have company!
    ​​
    "Whoah, hey...lets not bring dogs into this!"

"Halp, get it off me!!"

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    naciiito said:

no comic book style?

I didn't say that. I said " more modern superhero comic-book slant".

Just saying what I would like to see in the future.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    Steel Wolf is totally giving me a GARO vibe. Time to update my Makai Knight costume!
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,129 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This came out of nowhere, kinda expected to see it in PTS

At least THIS set has a Chestpiece which worth a damn compared the nonexistent Sacred Set and the underwelming Shining Crusader set

As someone who loves fantasy Armours, I really like this set, I will get it during a discount (no Zen left)

Shining Crusader set really dissapointed me, but this new one is brilliant​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 982 Arc User
    avianos said:

but this new one is brilliant​​​​

literally, look how shiny is!

ehem now, to get spamed with collectors boxes again yay
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    avianos said:

This came out of nowhere, kinda expected to see it in PTS

It was on PTS, though not for every long.
    naciiito wrote: »
    literally, look how shiny is!

I KNOW RIGHT!? I think i found the missing link for my armour characters onion-5.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Known bug: There's a texture issue with the Werewolf Tail and Wolf Mane Hair costumes where their color mapping was changed. This will be corrected next week.
    ​​
    I'm amazed at how you guys can break things with updates. Good to know this is going to be fixed before I spent time and in game money to fix this.

BTW, any chance you'll ever fix the Victorian dress that was broken a few weeks after it was added to the store?
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User

photo cdf872568668214e01b599cb699e6c2e1480560128.jpg

Really nice helmet there.

While I'm not doubting the amount of work and skill that the artist and the devs put into making this costume set, it would be nice to have a more modern superhero comic-book slant on future sets and pieces.

Maybe we could look to the example of the Viper snake styled helmet or the Steelhawk and Nighthawk sets for future inspiration on animal themed sets, rather than fantasy armour.

It's armor that leaves your neck and genitals fully exposed! Belly only partially exposed. It looks cool though
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Alright, here to analyse the new costume set, give some easy oversight of bugs, unintended traits, and give a low-key suggestion to raise the quality of the set a tinesy bit.

Here are some color references of the new set:
    C9wCl1k.gifc438L5K.png?1
    JoTvfhr.png

With that out of the way, onto the bugs!

Minor Bug: The set has some inconsistent materials when applied randomly through the piece search or general application menu, such as the left and right leg pieces being metal and cloth, with the usual "???" for when both pieces are selected. Minor issue, not really worth investing a lot of time into, as it would only raise the ease of use a tiny bit.

Unintended/Bug(?): Below is a reference of glows within the set, the orange patterns capable of glowing. The tail (not shown) has no options for glow. There is an inconsistency in the glow channels, the most simple example being the good glow option on the chestpiece (slot #2), and the impractical glow on the attachment/emblem (slot #3). It might be hard to tell, due to the quality, but on the attachment you can only make the trim on the piece glow, and neither of the actual engravings. Below the image is a sheet of how I'm pretty sure it makes the most sense for the set to glow.
    jOyR79N.png
    How this sheet works, is that the four slots under "currently" and "recommend(ed)" represent color slots for each costume piece from the new set. "Currently" shows how the costume set is as of right now, and "recommend(ed)" states how the glows most likely would be more logical, or appealing.
    | X = no glow | O = glow | O = maybe

Set piece - --
    ..| --CURRENTLY--- | --RECOMMEND--|
    - - - - - - --- |-1- --2 - -3- - 4- |-1 - - 2 - -3- - 4-|

Head wear----| (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) |

Side Accessory | (X) - (X) - (O) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (O) |

Chest Layer- - | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) |

Chest Attach.- | (X) - (X) - (O) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (O) |

Emblem Front-| (X) - (X) - (O) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (O) |

Shoulders- ---| (X) - (X) - (O) - (X) | (X) - (X) - (O) - (X) |

Bracers- - - --| (X) - (X) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (O) |

Hips Layer-- - | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) |

Feet-- -- -- - | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (O) - (X) - (X) |

Tails/Rear-- - | (X) - (X) - (X) - (X) | (X) - (X) - (X) - (O) |
    I hope reading the sheet went okay (I wasn't sure how to create it, to be honest). The yellow circles are effectively potential glow channels that don't make sense when using that set exclusively, but may give individual pieces more usage with other sets and pieces, hence why they're tagged differently.
    The green circles I strongly recommend adhering, as they make sense of the carvings, which are indicative of some power, and as such glow fits.

One last thing!

Suggestion: When bracer attachments are created, namely claws, I think it might be a good idea to just give the attachment whichever color channels it can make use of. The example here, is that those three claws could easily have one color channel each, or a gradient of some sort! Maybe even the option to glow!
    Just a minor thing that would add a little to the set, I'm sure some people out there would like that. Claws below:
    Stykx8m.png

And that's it, that's all I found for now, I hope somebody finds the post useful, and that the devs may consider these reports noteworthy, as I think it would make an already stellar set (in my opinion) just a bit better!

Later!​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    naciiito said:

no comic book style? cmon I can totally see a "night avenger with a wolf costume" here!!
    or maybe a sorcerer imbued with a wolf spirit or something like that

Also hints of black panther
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    neck, genitals. stomach exposed
    neck and back of head exposed
    2 big metal neck guards which are going to be good for slicing along to hit the neck
    metal bracers held on by 2 straps in the center, so unstable
    a couple of thin straps at the front, holding the hip armour on, cut through that and you may not kill the person but you will remove the armour.

a big handle at the back to grab the hero by and throw them off balance, which is also likely to get shut in doors
    the disads of doing LARP's, you tend to look at armour for practicality.
    shoulder puppy... ooh cute
    looked at puppy.....errr, is it a reindeer puppy, is the back end hanging over it, err.... why is it staring at me like that.

"here demon, come here, your puppy has escaped."​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 268 Arc User
    *sees new costume set*
    *remembers just put $20 into some Zen and has some left*
    *logs on and buys because OMGAWESOMESAUCE*

And thank you for the analysis, meeoeoowie! Nicely put together, and hopefully helpful for bug-fixing and perfecting of the new set. Looking forward to seeing people's interpretations, color picks and how they mix them with other sets.

As for those that complain about the exposed crotch and stomach: CHAINMAIL!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    edited December 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Known bug: There's a texture issue with the Werewolf Tail and Wolf Mane Hair costumes where their color mapping was changed. This will be corrected next week.

Now that you mention it... I just noticed 3 of my characters' eyebrows got... funky (and one got BURNED)
    Bug: Werewolf Eyebrows mapping is also bugged​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Are we done with all the fantasy armors?
    Because i really could use some nice patterned tights with masks, boots and gloves. And capes ofcourse that have some cool brooches on them.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Not sure if this was caused by the new patch but lately...

Bug: After recovering/rezzed, Enrage toggle form doesn't activate even on full charge.
    Post edited by chaosdrgnz43 on
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Are we done with all the fantasy armors?
    Because i really could use some nice patterned tights with masks, boots and gloves. And capes ofcourse that have some cool brooches on them.

Though I am only able to speak on behalf myself, as someone who makes a broad enough assortment of stuff to want anything and everything, my need for non-historical fantasy armors has more or less been sated, with enough built up variety existing in the costume pool for me to have resources for many costumes to come within the style!

I agree, as much as I have liked the costume sets, some good ol' tights are much desired.

Speaking of which...
    There is a thread for suggesting costumes, and while requesting a fully fledged costume set by design and reference is unlikely, it is on the off-hand not uncalled for that a dev draws some inspiration from some images, ideas, sketches, and what have you, should you invest some time to post there. No promises, those devs work in mysterious ways

You can find the thread HERE​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Unused color channels on costume items is a sin, especially when there are clearly defined regions that all share one color channel, when an unused color channel could have been utilized to add greater potential.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I love when first square colors nothing
  • jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    Still hoping for some more patterns for clothing, preferably animal print. Leopard and especially snakeskin, since my pants are supposed to be snakeskin and not the lightning storm pattern. The steel wolf outfit's pretty cool though.​​
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    kaizerin said:

Fixed a bug where the new Nighthawk vehicles had their exhaust FX coming out of the wrong spot.
    ​​
    My Bluejay Stealth still has flames coming out of the vents on top when I use the speed boost... which... *squints* appears to be called "New Power." I'm not misinterpreting those things as vents am I? Am I actually dumb? :< Btw, I've tried attaching the image, but I've never done it before so I don't know if it will stick.

EDIT: It didn't work, so here's a link

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Link's messed up, but here. I haven't really looked it over in game, but looks like Turbo Jets to me, especially if they're only coming on with the speed boost.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    Unless I'm mistaken, that was one of the problems, that the jets would come out of improper spots when your used the turbo. I can't say if those two things on top are supposed to be jets, but the flames don't ALWAYS come on... so I guess I'm just confused. XD

Anyway, thank you for posting my picture! :)

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D