test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 Steps to a better, more enjoyable CO

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
1. Slash prices on NON account unlocks in the GCR shop by 50% across the board
2. STOP NERFING KEY CROSS FRAMEWORK POWERS which make theme builds possible, such as overdrive and MSA.
3. Buff the hell out of the sets which need it, such as telepathy.

Comments

• Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    3 steps aren't enough... it's need a lot of work.

The game is in dire need of a QoL for every player.
    • Questionite Bank for accounts for example (Transfer your Questionite where you want to the hero you need)
    • Remove the 8.000 Q Refine cap (Why I need to expend 15 days to buy equipment from the Q Exchange?)
    • Fix the Alerts Queue Bug
    • Mobs need to start using Knocks Rules as us (Can't be you have 230% Knock Resist and you are a ball in the map)
    • Energy Unlocks for every frame and needed to be able making FREE builds outisde the DPS competition charts
    • Rework of some forgotten Power Frames (Telepathy, Might, Force, Telekinesis, Earth, Unarmed MA, Celestial)
    • Adding the Sonic Powerframe
    Those are things I have in mind from the global of lot of things this game need.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    There is no need for a "questionite bank".
    There already is one.

Take character "A", go to the questionite exchange, make an offer to buy Zen at an absurdly low cost.

Repeat as needed and if you hit your trade limit before you are through moving your questionite, cancel all offers, have the current character withdraw whatever is there, and start over again.

The worst thing that can happen is that somehow you will end up buying Zen dirt cheap.
  • Options

There already is one.

Take character "A", go to the questionite exchange, make an offer to buy Zen at an absurdly low cost.

Repeat as needed and if you hit your trade limit before you are through moving your questionite, cancel all offers, have the current character withdraw whatever is there, and start over again.

The worst thing that can happen is that somehow you will end up buying Zen dirt cheap.

That isn't a solution and all we know it.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

There already is one.

It literally is, actually. You can literally just leave your questionite there so that any of your other characters can access it.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Yeah. I do this with my toons. Your Questionite Exchange *IS* your account bank for Q.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2016

There already is one.

Don't worry...i'm with you. Yeah there are tricks to trading Q with your toons....but you shouldn't need to. Just add a tab like drifter and G in bank...TADA.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The costs in the GCR vendor aren't the only ones that need to be reduced. Most of the other prices are absurd as well. The prices for the travel powers/devices should take into account quality/usefulness. Batflight was barely worth 35 tokens, it's certainly isn't worth 975.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    WHAT we really need to fix the game.

ABOUT 20 MORE DEVS WORKING ON IT.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    gradii said:

1. Slash prices on NON account unlocks in the GCR shop by 50% across the board
    2. STOP NERFING KEY CROSS FRAMEWORK POWERS which make theme builds possible, such as overdrive and MSA.
    3. Buff the hell out of the sets which need it, such as telepathy.

1. I bet you're going to be asking for this a year from now, and I'll still be wondering why you think if you just ask enough that it'll happen.
    2. The more versatile something is the weaker it has to be. That's just game balance.
    3. Sure, we can buff the damage if we get rid of all that pesky godlike crowd control.

I agree. It's a pain in my butt to have to constantly move hundreds of thousands of questonite around like this. I'd much rather be able to dump all of it into my hideout bank.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

3. Sure, we can buff the damage if we get rid of all that pesky godlike crowd control.

Sorry Spinny, but CO's Crowd Control isn't godlike. I've seen godlike in other MMOs, and this isn't it. Frankly, it barely qualifies as Controlling Crowds, and mostly qualifies as inconveniencing them.
    • Our best CC power is a sleep. And even full charged, it doesn't have a large enough radius to reliably hit your average 3-4 man squad of Argent agents.
    • Our best reactive controls are single target, and have durations short enough to rationally only qualify as interrupts. And they don't affect anything scary enough to really necessitate their use.
    • Our AoE holds and roots have charge times long enough to allow an equivalent level DPS type to simply obliterate the spawn in the same time, and thanks to the game design decision to make all controls fragile, barely last much longer than Ego Sleep.
    • And let us not forget that 15 seconds of Hold immunity that every enemy in PVE gets.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options

There already is one.

Of course it is.

The game has a small dev team and so the time they spend working on things, whether that's fixing bugs, balancing existing powers, or adding new powers or content, is fairly precious.

Why have them spend it on something there is no real need for when there are so many other things that need to be done?
    So many other things that could be done?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Because is a need that have been from a long time asking? They put the Drifter why not the Questionite?

And isn't a need for you maybe, for people who move questionite from toons is a hassle to use the Q Exchange to "save" the Questionite, now multiply this with a lot more of slots and the problem of making a mistake and buy at high price Zen.

There is somenthing calle QoL (Quality of Life) patchs that don't affect the run of balancing/fixing powers you know and if we need to WAIT until they finish the balancing and fixes then the worlds is going to decay by itself until we can see a proper Q bank.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Don't worry...i'm with you. Yeah there are tricks to trading Q with your toons....but you shouldn't need to. Just add a tab like drifter and G in bank...TADA.

spinnytop said:

I agree. It's a pain in my butt to have to constantly move hundreds of thousands of questonite around like this. I'd much rather be able to dump all of it into my hideout bank.

I'm with you guys. A Q-tab in my hideout bank would be a great QOL improvement.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Why is having to go to the hideout bank an improvement over clicking a few of buttons from anywhere in the world?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    You can access the hideout from anywhere in the world too and they put more utility to the hideouts.

I have two of them and never used them until now, to "storage" Lv5 Mods/Enhances/Armoring.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Why is having to go to the hideout bank an improvement over clicking a few of buttons from anywhere in the world?

Because it's more convenient.
    gradii said:

I've learned never to take a word spinny says seriously becuase it's just impossible that that's the case.

And that's why I'll always be better than you at everything, because when other people say stuff I actually listen, even if I disagree with them.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

spinnytop said:

I'm with you guys. A Q-tab in my hideout bank would be a great QOL improvement.

I agree.

As long as it is an easy change. If this would require them to have to re-code the hideout bank then pass. They have better things to do.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited December 2016

spinnytop said:

Sorry Spinny, but CO's Crowd Control isn't godlike. I've seen godlike in other MMOs, and this isn't it. Frankly, it barely qualifies as Controlling Crowds, and mostly qualifies as inconveniencing them.
    • Our best CC power is a sleep. And even full charged, it doesn't have a large enough radius to reliably hit your average 3-4 man squad of Argent agents.
    • Our best reactive controls are single target, and have durations short enough to rationally only qualify as interrupts. And they don't affect anything scary enough to really necessitate their use.
    • Our AoE holds and roots have charge times long enough to allow an equivalent level DPS type to simply obliterate the spawn in the same time, and thanks to the game design decision to make all controls fragile, barely last much longer than Ego Sleep.
    • And let us not forget that 15 seconds of Hold immunity that every enemy in PVE gets.
    Agreed. Compared to other games, no CO's crowd control isn't all that. Hell, compared to COH, CO's crowd control is weak as hell. (Then again crowd control in that game was epic.)

With that said for what this game is my crowd controller build never dies in the Q zone . . . but takes a bloody long time to kill anything.

Any of other crowd control builds I have from other mmos I play would have killed things much faster and has better crowd control.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    why we have a q cap?
    TO limit farmers from flooding the exchange. So everyone gets a chance.
    reading other peoples quotes, I think Spinny, you need to start adding <insert sarcasm here>​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelk said:

why we have a q cap?

TO limit farmers from flooding the exchange. So everyone gets a chance.

reading other peoples quotes, I think Spinny, you need to start adding <insert sarcasm here>​​
    You mean the exchange that have the price of 470+ Q for 1 Z? The same one is flooded by HIGH PRICES?

Yeah cool.

• Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User

There already is one.

their may not be a need for a q-bank, but it would be convenient