Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 10/14/2016

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    guyhumual said:

I'm calling bull on this, 5 characters taking down an Undead Hero in 2 to 3 minutes? If you're going to lie take the time to actually try the content out before spreading your fantasy. You couldn't do the heroes last year in 2 minutes never mind 10 seconds.

And I call bull on that. 10 seconds I haven't seen. 20-30 seconds I saw over and over and over. I probably did see some ten seconders a few years ago before the vehicle nerf, though. That was even worse.

EDIT: I failed to notice "5 people". The fast runs I saw generally did have more than that. Still, it was also usually due to two or three hyper-damagers, so it was still possible.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

We didn't have a tank, I was on my DPS which is a glass cannon, so most of the fight was juggling the aggro around.

But after Eclipse we went for Grace and we took it down in less than 3 minutes. Some heroes passive make this easier than others.

That's fine, like I said I would have been surprised if you'd managed to take her out in 3, but you were talking about taking down "Any" hero in 2-3 minutes "(Defiance ones took longer)" with only 5 players. Now I'll admit that I was angry when I called this claim "Bull" and I probably shouldn't have called you a liar, I don't think you've been earnest or helpful in this discussion, but I didn't help matters with my tone. The fact is fighting heroes now takes a lot longer, and the less people fighting the longer it takes. Maybe you could take down some heroes in that time but I still don't think you could take out any hero in that time.

You can like this new event, that's fine, but you have to also accept that some of us aren't happy with the changes. You clearly have better built and equipped toons then I do, this was an event where I got to participate and feel like I was helping. I don't have that feeling anymore and that makes me upset. When you call me a liar for saying that I liked the event last year I was angry and maybe some of that anger spilled over into today. We are clearly experiencing the game from different perspectives and when this event was balanced towards your liking it's to the determent to people like me.
  • Options
    It was not my experience, most of the fights I had last year were between 2 and 5 minutes, which folks like Crusher, Eclipse, and Johnny Hercules taking a bit longer, and then the crypt, with a 5 person team, taking another 5 minutes or so. It seemed a fine balance. This year the fights take far longer then doing both the hero and the crypt last year.

Now admittedly I didn't camp many of the popular heroes, we were looking for coins and so we were doing crypts, usually we'd look for heroes that were up and the ones that were often up weren't the popular ones. We did Tiger and shadowboxer a lot. I guess these 20 or 30 second fights were elsewhere.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Gosh, this is feisty. My observation is that everyone spends the first 30 minutes after every new change getting annoyed by it. Best to let them work through it, and then you can get the useful feedback. I'm sure the devs know that... don't let the forums be derailed by people Reacting to people Reacting (if you see what I mean).

The thing about the HP for the Undead is... it's easy enough to get five or more players to turn up to the Undead around Ren Cen but not always the case that you can find people for Tiger, or Flechette, or some of the ones in less populated/low level parts of the game. I don't often find ten heroes or more on a villain, it's more three to five, even with a zone call. The addition of passives to the Undead has made them more competitive and variable (good thing, although some are a little OP), so perhaps the same could be done in respect of their HP?

Re: Strength of Tako. I actually think this is a bit easier now... their AoE attack has been made smaller in radius, which makes it easier to dodge. Keep mobile, there's plenty of cover to use to break LoS and he's a lumbering old beastie.... pick them off at range. (Insert compaint on behalf of melee characters below). This is one of the fun things about Bloodmoon compared to other events; you're not just stuck in an empty room with a villain and nothing much to work with by way of cover or tactics.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Danged Forums... duplicate post deleted!!!!
    Post edited by riverocean on
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    guyhumual said:

Well if that's who the game's being balanced for then I might as well stop doing events. My highest level mod on any of my characters is a rank 6 and my best piece of gear is Legion. I haven't been on a team of less then eight players and it's taken over 10 minutes to take down any undead hero. Crusher took half an hour.

That's just being silly. I'm getting top scores with nothing but Merc Gear and the cheap (15 scr) secondaries from the silver vendor. Last night, I was regularly in the top three. That's with Chronos (a soldier AT). This is vast improvement over previous years, where I hardly ever scored at all (and thus got no loot) because the bosses were being roflmastomped before I even got there.

This year I'm getting drops and lots of Turakian Coins. So the whole event is a vast improvement in experience for me over previous years. I really don't get the accusations that is for elites or tryhards. It's not.. not at all. Not even by a long shot. Some people are underestimating the playerbase.

It's happening in game too. Someone called my Merc Gear toon elite. LOL. Merc gear and rank 5's are elite now? Wow.. just wow. Of course this was from a player (who I won't name) that was geared with random drops who refused all advice to help him do better. I give up.

Also, I'm going to wager that hour long Crusher fight was before the Friday's patch. I'll have to look for him and try now.
    chaelk said:

Solo ranged, flying, PBR. Strength was only able to throw rocks.​​

My problems with Strength of Tako were on a Mind AT. She just doesn't have the ranged dps to kill him. Ego blast is her only ranged attack. While both Ego Storm and Ego Sprites force her into melee. So people on very low dps builds absolutely must team in order to do Crypts now. At least in my experience.

• Options
    riverocean wrote: »
    Of course this was from a player (who I won't name) that was geared with random drops who refused all advice to help him do better. I give up.

i'm gonna take a guess here...it's the one who was bitching all evening in zone whose handle starts with 'lone' and ends with 'wanderer' + 'random numbers'​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited October 2016

i'm gonna take a guess here...it's the one who was bitching all evening in zone whose handle starts with 'lone' and ends with 'wanderer' + 'random numbers'​​

I don't want to break any forum rules.... *wink*

So I logged on after making that last post and happened upon a lone guy tanking Vigil. I figured "why not" and joined him. Approximately 7 minutes later, Vigil was down. When I got there the player fighing the Undead hero hadn't done very much damage to Vigil. Also we both used pets. He had dinos and I used "Call Steelhead Reinforcements" from the recognition vendor.

It looks like someone else managed to get on the scoreboard... but I never saw this third player. So I'm assuming it's someone who was killing zombies earlier.

I checked my gear... as this is charachter is over three years old. I haven't touched one thing is his build in ages.

My soldier has1 Heroic Glove, 1 Heroic Breast Plate, 1 Merc Helmet. He's got +37 Dex, +37 Rec, + 37 Ego in the secondaries. There's three rank 5 Ego mods, 1 rank six Ego mod, and two rank 5 con mods. So you can see he's geared very sloppily and randomly. This certainly isn't how the elites gear for maximum dps.

I'm sure the other guy was geared much better than I was. As he tanked Vigil darned well. But still there were only two of us. I'll also add this was a random encounter.. I just stumbled in and started firing away.

• Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

lemme guess he got a forcefield with 200k hp?

During the bug, Crusher's shield was 550k. Something alike.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm sure the other guy was geared much better than I was. As he tanked Vigil darned well. But still there were only two of us. I'll also add this was a random encounter.. I just stumbled in and started firing away.

Vigil hits hard (really does, that was the 3K through block I mentioned earlier, although AoED changes may have affected that). However once you've got a tank capable of attracting their attention and keeping it, it just becomes "Hold Down Button 2 for fifteen minutes". Did this last night (the tank was an OV). Soldier AT would be very effective there because of its DPS output, but it wouldn't last a minute without the Tank in place.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hey, the Sacred costume unlocks was fixed
    Still WHY NO CHEST ARMOUR!? This is a huge turn off for the set

2.5 million HP... its not really any improvement
    you will still mash buttons for hours

Im done, I didn't need COSMIC V.2 to stress me out even MORE
    Those updates makes me feel Disgusted​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'm not really sure why some people are seeing the Undead Heroes and the crypts taking 10+ minutes or 'hours' - that's not my personal experience this Bloodmoon.

The time for taking down the Undead Heroes is mostly the time it takes for people to turn up - once a level 40 or two is there (and there are plenty of 'em around) it just takes a few minutes... and even low-levels get a chance to participate and get decent rewards (instead of solo 'elite' or special-formed 'farming teams' doing it all and getting all the reward - which was more what I've seen in previous years). Also, this Bloodmoon. people seem much more willing to help out - so if you're trying to take down a specific Undead Hero just send a message to zone chat saying who you're trying to take down, the instance you're in and (because not everyone has memorized all the locations, or wants to Google for maps) a quick indication of where they are. It's been working for me fine so far (in past years I didn't find this sort of response, because the 'elite' would take down the Undead Heroes too quickly for it to be worth anyone's time making the effort to get to the location).

The crypts don't seem difficult at all: I've run a few with teams of five down to just two of us and we've hardly paused along the way (a few minutes, tops, each time, I guess). There's been at least one level 40 as sidekick champion each time, I'll admit, but that's just common sense (and none of these teams were pre-made: just formed from people standing around after the Undead Hero was beaten, and one time a quick request to zone chat for extra team members).

I've hated this event for years - it's everywhere, so it's unavoidable, but was geared towards those dedicated to 'farming' it. Now it's still everywhere, but everyone can join in and benefit from doing so (which is, let's face it, what the aim of any and all such 'global' events should be).

Between this and the new Q-Zone actually making me interested in playing level 40s again (and using vehicles) from my own point of view the Dev team have breathed new life into the game - congratulations and thanks to them!
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why some people are seeing the Undead Heroes and the crypts taking 10+ minutes or 'hours' - that's not my personal experience this Bloodmoon.

The Crypts are fine. If you could run them solo last year, you can this year. And there's plenty of Turkarian Coins about - I think I managed 100 or so last night without too much aggro, and there seemed to be plenty of interest in teaming for the crypts, which was nice to see. No-one seemed bothered last year.

The Undead Heroes are the thing, and they're just a little overcooked. They've been given a damage buff and passives, which is great, and it's that, not the big bag of HP, which makes them more difficult this time. But they don't do anything new during the fight - there's no phases of play or new attacks, as far as I can see - so all the big bag of HP does is to make taking them down take a little too long. Reducing that isn't about making it easier - because once you've got the players in place to take them down it will happen, whether it takes 30 seconds or 20 minutes - just about being able to do more in each game session and not wearing a mouse button out... :)
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Nimbus went down in less than a minute in previous years because 20+ people would show up to clobber her for a chance at her delicious loot. How you place in the DPS race hasn't ever mattered as far as I know. I could place high on that chart and would often still get crappy green gear.

This year, I decided to pop over to Nimbus during reasonable US times last night and was disappointed to find no one. This is a mob that was always camped like crazy and no one was waiting despite there only being a few minutes left on the respawn timer. I sat around and surfed the net to see if anyone would show up... took a while. For Nimbus. The one mob you could always count on to have oodles of people even if you never advertised it.

Once the fight started, it was a tedious endeavor. The extra HP does not make the fight more fun and exciting, it makes it icky. There were ~5 people and no, I didn't stopwatch how long it took. Nimbus is now a ginormus HP sack. I didn't bother with any of the other super zombies because if Nimbus is that disappointing, I don't hold much hope for the others.

The other thing I tried out was the Doom / Demon Lord. I don't know what's wrong with that fight, but geeze damage is bonkers. And I was on the toon that can solo the Qzone just fine. Didn't help that the character is melee and there are purple circle thing all over the damn place. I don't really have interest in trying to figure out where all the crazy damage is coming from. For all I know, it could be a bug. In the end, it's not worth the bother.

The Strength zombie in the crypts has lots of HP too, making that fight also feel tedious. More opportunities to get flung all over the place with knocks, I guess. Woo?

This content launch on the live server in a buggy as hell state. Yes, people should complain and be disappointed even if the devs patch and fix the game. Encounter breaking bugs launching should not be a frequent thing as they have been with CO.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    sterga said:

This year, I decided to pop over to Nimbus during reasonable US times last night and was disappointed to find no one. This is a mob that was always camped like crazy and no one was waiting despite there only being a few minutes left on the respawn timer. I sat around and surfed the net to see if anyone would show up... took a while. For Nimbus. The one mob you could always count on to have oodles of people even if you never advertised it.

The thing is, due to power creep from new content (TA/Cosmics/Warzone) the usefulness of Nimbus has gone drastically down. Before Nimbus would make the world of a difference for some of the poorly optimized AT to be able to solo something or not. Same for Amazing Grace.

You can however find a couple of players farming Eclipse (Revenancy being the only way Mind AT can succesfully solo tank dogs after their aggro gets borked), Hercule (Fist of Compliance is really useful in Warzone both for dailies and add tanking PG and Oubliette), Shadowboxer (same reason as Hercule), or Tiger.

• Options
    There are like 5 or 6 zones Sterga, there's no longer a need to wait. If you're farming Nimbus then she's up somewhere. If you're looking to do one of the lesser heroes, like Tiger for example, you'll have a very very long wait for help. I'm sure if you called out for help someone would eventually show up but there's no organic feel to the fights anymore. Everyone is doing the ones with good drops and ignoring the others. Basically what's always happened except now the fights take longer.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The Turakian Deathlord? Two main things to remember as far as I can see: 1: don't stand in the black clouds. 2: don't stand any where near Takofanes.

The Deathlord periodically summons a black cloud on everyone in range. They last long enough that there is usually 2 or more sets of them in play. Also they have a pull effect... Yeah, either you're a tank who can shrug it off, or you're not melee. Actually, in most fights, the tank who has aggro would periodically move so that he wasn't in a cloud, and thus the Deathlord would follow to where he was no longer in a cloud either.

Takofanes, despite not actually attacking you, has some death aura thing that does damage to anyone near him. So lure the Deathlord away and then fight, because fighting the Deathlord inside the Death Aura is nutso.

I've seen people fighting ALL of the undead heroes this year, not just Nimbus. So I'd say the rate of Nimbus spawn camping is not an indicator of event participation.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

I've seen people fighting ALL of the undead heroes this year, not just Nimbus. So I'd say the rate of Nimbus spawn camping is not an indicator of event participation.

I don't know, when I log on almost every hero is up, save maybe Nimbus and Amazing Grace. I haven't checked the other zones but I really don't have any desire. I'm doing my dailies and then logging off. Last year I was switching zones looking for heroes to fight, this year they're all up, good in one way, if you want to farm the really good drops those heroes are always up, bad if you're just looking to fight undead heroes because those fights take a long time and aren't fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The Deathlord periodically summons a black cloud on everyone in range.

Yup. They're like the ones on the Harbinger in Lemurian Invasion. I doubt anyone has ever noticed those unless they're trying to use a Melee DPS on a hoverboard.... About 2K+ a tick if you're in the wrong place when they spawn (and you usually are, lag being what it is on multiplayer events). This is part of the "keep moving, suckers" ethos the devs have at the moment. :)
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

I don't know, when I log on almost every hero is up, save maybe Nimbus and Amazing Grace. I haven't checked the other zones but I really don't have any desire. I'm doing my dailies and then logging off. Last year I was switching zones looking for heroes to fight, this year they're all up, good in one way, if you want to farm the really good drops those heroes are always up, bad if you're just looking to fight undead heroes because those fights take a long time and aren't fun.
    Was there 5 zones active last year? 'cause there is this year. Today I killed Vigil twice. Why? We killed him and entered the Crypt to kill the avatar, then we left the Crypt... to find ourselves in a different zone where the fight was still raging. That didn't happen very often last year.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

guyhumual said:

Was there 5 zones active last year? 'cause there is this year. Today I killed Vigil twice. Why? We killed him and entered the Crypt to kill the avatar, then we left the Crypt... to find ourselves in a different zone where the fight was still raging. That didn't happen very often last year.
    Pretty sure there were five zones last year, I think we have six this year at times but that might be because of the map size limits being reduced or something, and that scenario happened a few times last year to my group. There were a lot less heroes up usually and it wasn't uncommon to warp into a zone with no undead heroes active and so when we popped up into a zone with a hero we darn well took the gift. These days . . . meh, can't re-enter the crypt, and I don't need another temporary use device. I suppose there might be the regular devices still but it took me about two weeks last year of fighting heroes and running crypts to get a drop, mind you I got three in rapid succession shortly afterwards, but supposing if my luck holdsm I doubt even if I were running undead heroes this year I'd be seeing a drop.
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    BUG: The Ego Resistance device from Hermes Recognition says that it actually gives Crushing resistance instead.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Bug: The gear drops from defeating the undead heroes are not scaled to level, but are low level gear. This doesn't make them any better than the pre-Alert gear we were getting last year.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    It's REALLY weird too since you can get primaries with slots at level 1!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Bug: The gear drops from defeating the undead heroes are not scaled to level, but are low level gear. This doesn't make them any better than the pre-Alert gear we were getting last year.

I agree; the gear is the same level as a starting hero (levels 2-6). Will there be an update to fix the gear so it will reflect the difficulty of the undead heroes or at least scale to the level of the intended hero it is granted to?
  • Options

Oh, haven't see that yet, but I have gotten secondaries that were level 1 as well as level 1 devices. I'm only using level 40s though.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    At the moment of posting this, I started a run with the majority of Zone 5 that has been running all Heros non stop for well about 2-3 hours. Every Hero went down in 2 mins or less to the point that we had to wait for respawn in a couple of them sometimes.

We even did a Deathlord with 7 minus to spare.

So yeah, as you see, the Heros are not buffed till the point of Cosmic impossibility as some of you insist, they just require coopeation and teamwork. Most of the people in Zone 5 had a lot of fun working together to take down the Heros, and were really proud in the achivement of being able to kill them before respawn timers. A lot of players even said that previous years they never have been able to get to certain bosses before they were killed.

So from my point of view, despite the initial bump, the event has been a positive experience for the community, so congrats on a job well done devs, and congrats to the community too ^^
  • Options
    where the hell were you and your gang when i was trying to take down eclipse and firefight? i spent close to an hour at each waiting for enough people to arrive that they could be dealt with​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Level 2 zombie summoning devices are just as screwy.​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    tkittehtkitteh Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Undead heroes:

Overworld seems decent, some of the random splash damage coming off the undead hereoes is a bit inappropriate.Hercules seemed particularly bad spikes, and nimbus was waking away at me farily well. So I do have concerns about the fun factor of those restricted to melee and in there mid levels (20-30).

However, they do seem be going down without screaming in zone chat, being organized, or pulling in big cosmic hitters and large parties to kill them in minutes. I just start and people show up. Some of of course ignored bosses in the outer regions

Edit: Those with Dodge/Defensive Passives and healing should be double checked adjusted to be in line with offensive for effective HP total or time to kill

Taco/Doomlord

Seemed widly-widly inappropriate, between the boss, mobs, and those pillars my melee couldn't participate for more than 30 seconds. Only 2 tests, people were advertising in zone chat turnout was small.

I see this needing adjusting down still (limit zombies, remove/nerf columns) for an open non-cosmic holiday event in MC for enjoyment of the masses (i.e. people who aren't posting in this thread).

Lairs

Still having trouble for those characters on Stength who a) don't have really good heals (one even has good heals!) b) don't resort to cheesy abuse of melee AI (bordering on exploits in most games, and have been fixed in this game in more important content here)

Here the testing finds only 2 of 7 characters tested can beat SoT in a *fair fight* but all have little problem with Harbinger. This rises when I abuse the AI as people suggested (again exploits in most games, and have been fixed in this game in more important content here)

Strength seems wildy out of balance relative to Harbinger, and both are needed for 5 tokens completion. For 5 tokens the difficulty needed be this high, and the success rate this low. I don't see much enjoyment here for 20-30 group given my testing. If I have any I plan to see how a level 10,20,30 fairs in these lairs and how good/bad it scales (if I have one)

And to counter the standard feedback
    - no I don't want to follow you around MC killing bosses (you doing all the work)
    - no I don't want your big bad FF to escort me through the lairs, that's not fun

And yes I'm being extra suborn cause standard procedure seems to be "my 40 can do it everything must good", totally forgetting 39 other levels Levels that might not even have ranked passives, or block breakers, while we all test and feedback with our 40x's with heals and end game gear.

Post edited by tkitteh on
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

I'm getting top scores with nothing but Merc Gear and the cheap (15 scr) secondaries from the silver vendor. Last night, I was regularly in the top three. That's with Chronos (a soldier AT).

Those AT's Lesser Diminishing Returns would of helped.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

At the moment of posting this, I started a run with the majority of Zone 5 that has been running all Heros non stop for well about 2-3 hours. Every Hero went down in 2 mins or less to the point that we had to wait for respawn in a couple of them sometimes.

We even did a Deathlord with 7 minus to spare.

So yeah, as you see, the Heros are not buffed till the point of Cosmic impossibility as some of you insist, they just require coopeation and teamwork. Most of the people in Zone 5 had a lot of fun working together to take down the Heros, and were really proud in the achivement of being able to kill them before respawn timers. A lot of players even said that previous years they never have been able to get to certain bosses before they were killed.

What I've been saying is that I can no longer solo them. That the fights are no longer fun. The shortest fight I've had thus far has been 9 minutes long and I didn't enter that fight with the hero at full health. Smallest group I've been in thus far had eight people.

If you enjoy GCR missions then these changes I'm sure they're right up your alley. As for me I'm nearly done for the year. I've found that I don't need to bother with the undead heroes, just find one that's already been taken down so I can do the crypt. Finding a hero that's been taken down this year is proving to be as difficult as finding one that was up last year.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think you were ever supposed to be able to solo them. That was a consequence of post-On Alert power creep that they just never bothered to address until now. So, basically, you only like it when it was broken.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

Honestly, I don't think you were ever supposed to be able to solo them. That was a consequence of post-On Alert power creep that they just never bothered to address until now. So, basically, you only like it when it was broken.

I liked not being weaker then a zombified undead hero
  • Options

where the hell were you and your gang when i was trying to take down eclipse and firefight? i spent close to an hour at each waiting for enough people to arrive that they could be dealt with​​

As I said, Zone 5. Even Kaiserin was there. I kept repeatedly calling out in zone chat which Hero we were doing.
  • Options

Agreed. These bosses were created before there was a third superstat or spec trees. Plus they drop some of the nicest rewards of the open world bosses. There are a lot of players who don't want to admit to the immense increase of power that's happened over the years.
  • Options
    They still can be solo'ed, though. I took 2 million HP off Firefight with a Savage AT... just didn't have the spare 15 minutes it would have needed to finish the job.

And yes I'm being extra suborn cause standard procedure seems to be "my 40 can do it everything must good", totally forgetting 39 other levels Levels that might not even have ranked passives, or block breakers, while we all test and feedback with our 40x's with heals and end game gear

It's a fair point. The Devs have been good at making recent content scale properly but Bloodmoon doesn't have that accommodation. I'd hope they'd have time to address that next year, rather than making things tougher.

- no I don't want to follow you around MC killing bosses (you doing all the work)
    - no I don't want your big bad FF to escort me through the lairs, that's not fun

Seconded. Farming, mobbing and speed running are fun if you want to do that, not fun to team with if you want to enjoy the event/storyline and use the mission as a chance to try and improve yr skills, test out a build or strategies not often used elsewhere. We've all talked about the lack of supervillian fights below level 40, Bloodmoon is a great chance to get a regular fix, so it's great to use a learning experience if you're still playing at 2011 skill/power levels, not 2016 Cosmic....
  • Options
    tkitteh said:

Undead heroes:

Overworld seems decent, some of the random splash damage coming off the undead hereoes is a bit inappropriate.Hercules seemed particularly bad spikes, and nimbus was waking away at me farily well. So I do have concerns about the fun factor of those restricted to melee and in there mid levels (20-30).

Ok.... BEHOLD:

For reference, this character is actually level 29 and sidekicked to 40. Note the scores... O_O'

BTW are you @Autlawz ? 'Cause I've seen a Kittehs@Autlawz who did pretty good damage in these fights.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Man the lengths some of you would go to not admit that you want the event to be all about you. Resorting to saying that you want bosses to be soloable so you can test builds or strategies (in bosses that resort only to attack whoever has aggro) or enjoy the lore is where I draw my line of credibility.
    tkitteh said:

Undead heroes:

1 - Kinda true for my bestial DPS. Not true for the other toons I ran with last night (Griever and Fujin). They were among the lower bit of the top 10 scores. Also this is exactly what you are asking with wanting the event to be toned back down. Only it's you the one doing all the work, and the low levels not getting credit in time.
    2- I did not do lairs. They are a good source of coin if you want Auras, but personally I was farming devices.

I mean where Bloodmoon is right now, it's exactly how I remember it in 2012 just before Alert was released. Lots of people grouping up to take down a boss together. On contrary with 2013-2015 where you could solo the bosses with a vehicle in under 1 minute, and less than 30 seconds with a good DPS build.
  • Options
    Solo a boss, in under a minute, with a vehicle?
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

Solo a boss, in under a minute, with a vehicle?

The old ones, not the new ones. I did it on PTS against Vigil.
  • Options
    You must be running some special version of CO that I don't have access to. Last year we took down bosses pretty quickly but with my best character it would have taken me five minutes to solo a boss at best. I've done bosses with people using vehicles and I've outscored them.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

You must be running some special version of CO that I don't have access to. Last year we took down bosses pretty quickly but with my best character it would have taken me five minutes to solo a boss at best. I've done bosses with people using vehicles and I've outscored them.

-_- are we doing this again? Please let's not do this again.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

The vehicle nerf took place before that.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    guyhumual said:

Vehicles vary a lot, but last year's blood moon bosses were at the high end of super villain hp, about 200k; a competent solo build will handle that in under 2m; under 1m is an exceptional build. Builds that are slower are either not designed for soloing (tanks and healers with lousy dps, dps with lousy survivability) or are poorly constructed.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Before the Plasma Beam nerf, yes, vehicles could solo Undead Heroes in a minute or so. I remember multiple vehicles showing up and Undead Heroes being defeated in thirty seconds.

Even last year, with vehicles, zombies were defeated faster than their spawn rate--their spawn time was the limiting factor.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Before the Plasma Beam nerf, yes, vehicles could solo Undead Heroes in a minute or so. I remember multiple vehicles showing up and Undead Heroes being defeated in thirty seconds.

This was the beginning of my hatred for this event, and now my joy that it's fixed. "OK, charging this power...wait, he's dead????" :p

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
This discussion has been closed.