Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I see changes as well.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    still looks blah to me​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    the categories of sub forums were rearranged.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    chaelk said:

still looks blah to me​​

Didn't say there were good changes... :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I hope not.. ever time we get another forum change I get closer to throwing myself down a well.

wtf... why did some of you just get super hype about forum changes ;_;

PS - for the "emoji illiterate", ;_; indicates that I am crying or "feeling bad" because some of you want me to throw myself down a well. lol

PSS - yeah okay Spinny, make the thread about you... idiot, lol
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    As much as I hate when changes happen (due to how often they break things), I don't see anything wrong with the reorganization that was done.

Off-topic and Builds/Roles aren't hiding under another Subforum anymore, and it looks like unnecessary PTS threads have been retired. PTS stuff is placed at the top of the board too, so it's much easier to find.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    The new forums are awesome!
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• Options
    Oh yes. Great improvement for what it was.
  • Options
    Stop destroying my attempt to make the thread about me! \o3o/
  • Options
    Who are you?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Rearranged the forums a tad, should have fewer redundant categories now.
  • Options
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    A lot of sub forums are now in the main list. Like Off Topic.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    the mobile version hasnt worked for a week or so
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I hope not.. ever time we get another forum change I get closer to throwing myself down a well.

wtf... why did some of you just get super hype about forum changes ;_;

PS - for the "emoji illiterate", ;_; indicates that I am crying or "feeling bad" because some of you want me to throw myself down a well. lol

PSS - yeah okay Spinny, make the thread about you... idiot, lol

I thought that was, you're a vampire/werewolf and about to bite someone​​

• Options
    uh... it could be... but that would generally be something like f(o,..,o)f
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

f(o,..,o)f

Thats more like Alpha from Power Rangers out his face on spark plugs and WD40 running around like a nutbar with a couple of broken steel pipes.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    I cannot login to the forums with firefox at the moment.
  • Options
    furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yea I noticed the change, Could not find the General Discussion so thought it was removed or put somewhere else. But was able to find it hiding.

I always tend to read in the General Disccussion see what else is going on, Hate to lose it. But good thing I found it though.​​
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    You guys actually bother looking through the categories? I use the "Discussions" link at the top of every page. It lists all of the recent discussions for every section on the forums. The only downside is scrolling through the old stickied announcements, of which there are too damn many.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Lots of disappearing threads lately.

On PTS, several threads just went poof, including the one for the current PTS patch.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    It mutated again! O_o'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    and AGAIN!!!!!

still don't know where off-topic went...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    It's in Player to Player.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    There should be sone heads-up with these forum changes. Also, why is it that sometimes the threads/categories never loads up?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

It mutated again! O_o'

XD

I thought my jokes must have been so bad, Biff had to go burn them with fire!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    toke me half an hour to find off-topic :( (btw, we still need better emotes, my avatar pic could be one)
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    You guys actually bother looking through the categories? I use the "Discussions" link at the top of every page. It lists all of the recent discussions for every section on the forums. The only downside is scrolling through the old stickied announcements, of which there are too damn many.

Discussions Button master race \o/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Things were shuffled around again today. For those looking for the 'Off Topic' section, it's down in the Player To Player sub-forum.

And I still can't access these forums using the arc platform itself.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Devs will ya stop trying to bury off topic! Its one of the main reasons people come to the forum. Stop trying to make everything about CO so bloody elitist (your even doing it with the freaking forums now its getting annoying). CO is a game were you can legit beat street thugs to death with a toilet system while wearing spandex. Remember this fact.

Cryptic Message of the Day : Off topic doesn't talk about BOTM and random stupid stats most players don't care about WE MUST HIDE THIS FUN SECTION!

You have the PTS section to talk to the other pretentious people and unless you make the PTS server available for everyone stop messing with our cat pictures u3u"

• Options
    It seems that the forum moderator(s) don't understand that by deleting posts as they have been creates distrust and animosity. CO is gaining a reputation for deleting criticism, not for trying to make the forums more pleasant. People don't trust a company they think is censoring criticism.​​
  • Options
    The real question is, if someone is deleting them, who is it? It's time to accuse someone instead of relying on it being "them!".
  • Options
    Also, if a moderator felt the need to delete posts, then they would usually accompany that with a warning about the reason for deletion.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Also, if a moderator felt the need to delete posts, then they would usually accompany that with a warning about the reason for deletion.

Maybe it's not a moderator. And it's entirely possible for those with the clearance to delete threads to do so without giving a warning. I know it's not Biff.

Ratty had two posts from two different threads completely deleted very recently. Both were negative feedback but were not using any vulgar language or breaking any other TOS.

A complete thread with many comments on it, concerning Dev tokens, was also deleted. That's not a post, that's a whole thread.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Maybe it's not a moderator. And it's entirely possible for those with the clearance to delete threads to do so without giving a warning. I know it's not Biff.

Ratty had two posts from two different threads completely deleted very recently. Both were negative feedback but were not using any vulgar language or breaking any other TOS.

A complete thread with many comments on it, concerning Dev tokens, was also deleted. That's not a post, that's a whole thread.

Conquer had an entire post announcing a PTS testing event vanish. When they put it back up, same as it was before, it did not vanish again. Can you think of a reason why this mysterious entity would want to delete such a post? Then can you think of a reason why they would only delete it once?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    spinnytop said:

Conquer had an entire post announcing a PTS testing event vanish. When they put it back up, same as it was before, it did not vanish again. Can you think of a reason why this mysterious entity would want to delete such a post? Then can you think of a reason why they would only delete it once?
    I don't know anything about any Conquer PTS post, so I couldn't possibly comment on that.

I do know that posts which could be seen as negative feedback have been vanishing recently.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think some of mine have vanished at random.... nothing special, but it's hard to be sure.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Its not Biff. Biff is vet mod here and he knows civilized disagreement promotes change and good things. Its the devs or a PWE PR guy paid to flick through forums posts and delete ones that dont toe the Communist party lines :P
  • Options
    Oh, the forums just changed colour too. I like it!

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ARC also has moderators,
    we have ARC moderators, Devs and community moderators.
    2 of them leave messages, usually​​

• Options
    nepht said:

Its not Biff. Biff is vet mod here and he knows civilized disagreement promotes change and good things. Its the devs or a PWE PR guy paid to flick through forums posts and delete ones that dont toe the Communist party lines :P

But there are soooo, sooooooooooooooooooooo many posts here that say things in the game suck that haven't been "deleted"... so, what made your posts special?
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

But there are soooo, sooooooooooooooooooooo many posts here that say things in the game suck that haven't been "deleted"... so, what made your posts special?

I say arse a lot.

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    nepht said:

This is true. I don't delete criticism of the game, as long as it's presented tastefully. Really if you're going to be vulgar in any post, whether it be praise, criticism, or anything inbetween, there's a good chance of being censored. (If I get a note about it; let's not bring up all the things that I've "let go" due to nepotism, which is actually me just not seeing the posts people think I've let stand because I HAVE AGENDAS!!!)
    spinnytop said:

Yeah sometimes it's not me. I'm not the only one who does moderating around here. The one being discussed here, I think you guys are talking about the same thread. I didn't delete that one, and I think some things I mentioned in there were actually part of the problem. It's not like I was consulted or anything, but I'm pretty sure I know the reason, but I won't mention it because obviously we shouldn't be talking about that thing!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I like these changes. Before, there was a lot of redundant crap and sections that were rarely used. Everything is more concise and easier to find now. ^^

Also, I agreatly appreciate this new theme. I wasn't a fan of the poop brown.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    The purple is good. I find the tones they used actually..soothing. :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    Thankfully, the forum extension means I don't have to suffer with more purple all over the forums. Someone is psychotically obsessed with purple. I expect Millennium City to get a purple texture overhaul in the future.​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Too Much Purple
    But thanks to the Plug in, only the Frame is purple

On the good news, seems this update removed the old Sticky/Feature threads from the Discussion thread, they were really stacking the past 2 years​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    If not for the pic of Shadow D I'd think the forum was taken over by Kevin Poe. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    avianos said:

Too Much Purple

But thanks to the Plug in, only the Frame is purple

On the good news, seems this update removed the old Sticky/Feature threads from the Discussion thread, there were really stacking the past 2 years​​

While it is a lot of purple, it is certainly better then the reddish brown we had before.

As for disappearing topics, it could be some glitch with the outdated/terrible forum software.