What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160811a.18 - Bug Fixes/Adjustments

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,102 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Qliphothic Warzone
  • Re-enabled the zone on PTS.
  • Set all OM bosses to 40 (from 45). Their attack damage is still being worked on with their new level.
  • Adjusted the cone on the Portal Guardian's attack to better match with the fx.

Device Changes
Added Phoenix Tear device to the GCR store.
  • Costs 750 GCR. May require additional perk requirements in the future.
  • This device is a permanent self rez that restores health, energy and deals damage to nearby targets. 60 second cooldown. However, it costs 3 GCR to use.

Backup Devices
  • Lowered the damage these devices do. Note: Their damage output is still being adjusted.
  • Lowered cooldown to 5 minutes, this cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction.
  • Devices of the same name will trigger a linked cooldown, but will no longer trigger a linked cooldown on all of the backup devices.
  • Made some adjustments to their attack rotations so they use a variety of attacks instead of spam 1.
  • Fixed a bug where both of Witchcraft's attacks had a long cooldown, preventing her from doing much of anything.

Power Changes
  • A few new powers have been added to various frameworks, however most are still in alpha stages and lack their fx and power effects. These include: Holy Torrent, Soul Beam, Will-o-the-wisp, Voodoo, Curse and Crashing Incantation.

Please post mission related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206012/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-mission-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post enemy group revamp related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206011/fc-31-20160729-8-enemy-group-adjustments/p1?new=1

Please post zone related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206014/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-zone-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Recognition related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206022/fc-31-20160729-8-recognition-stores-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post power changes related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206024/fc-31-20160729-8-power-changes-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Anniversary Event related feedback here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206140/fc-31-20160811a-7-anniversary-event-feedback

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please format any suggestions you find in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Meant to post this on the previous thread, but, with regards to Destroid Invasion/Mechanon:

* Thanks for making this scale like Nightmare Invasion, it's a good thing. Publicise it, please, esp to lower level players.

* You'll need to beef up anti-vehicle measures and prevent - possibly - people from griefing with OVs. The "50% HP damage unless blocked" attack you had on NI could be used for that. However before that happens I'd quite like the opportunity to see whether OVs turning up could add to the complexity of the event....??
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Qliphothic Warzone
    <
    Device Changes

• Costs 750 GCR. May require additional perk requirements in the future.
    • This device is a permanent self rez that restores health, energy and deals damage to nearby targets. 60 second cooldown. However, it costs 3 GCR to use.

The price is rather steep, don't you think?
    On top of that it used GCR [which is already headache to get] when activated...and yet the only content that warrants this kinda thing is the GCR content....so in conclusion it's a device for GCR content that punishes you for using it in said content... 0/10 would not buy.

If it didn't use GCR when activated [with the CD bumped to 5 mins to compensate] then the insane price would be understandable... as it is right now, there is literally no reason to go for it...like.. at all.
    kaizerin said:

Backup Devices

• Lowered the damage these devices do. Note: Their damage output is still being adjusted.
    • Lowered cooldown to 5 minutes, this cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction.
    • Devices of the same name will trigger a linked cooldown, but will no longer trigger a linked cooldown on all of the backup devices.
    • Made some adjustments to their attack rotations so they use a variety of attacks instead of spam 1.
    • Fixed a bug where both of Witchcraft's attacks had a long cooldown, preventing her from doing much of anything.
    ​​
    So you reduced the damage they do again...first it was 100K a hit, then 25K then 9K... and now it's what.... 3K? at this rate they won't be worth even bothering with.
    Personally I would just re-do them to make them work like the other "permanent" sidekick devices, lasting for about 5 mins before going on CD
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Power Changes
    A few new powers have been added to various frameworks, however most are still in alpha stages and lack their fx and power effects. These include: Holy Torrent, Soul Beam, Will-o-the-wisp, Voodoo, Curse and Crashing Incantation.
    New Powers in the magic framework --- hoooray!!!!
    This device is a permanent self rez that restores health, energy and deals damage to nearby targets. 60 second cooldown. However, it costs 3 GCR to use.

New rez power that doesn't damage on rez!!!! Hoooray!! GCR cost to use? Boooo!!!! Can it cost SCR instead. SCR is much easier to get & you'd still be slowing player acquistion of high-level gear because it costs both SCR & GCR. Come on pretty please?
    Backup Devices
    Lowered the damage these devices do. Note: Their damage output is still being adjusted.
    Lowered cooldown to 5 minutes, this cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction.
    Devices of the same name will trigger a linked cooldown, but will no longer trigger a linked cooldown on all of the backup devices.
    Made some adjustments to their attack rotations so they use a variety of attacks instead of spam 1.
    Fixed a bug where both of Witchcraft's attacks had a long cooldown, preventing her from doing much of anything.
    Ambivalent here. ONe I have Witchcraft and she currently does nothing when I summon her.. so hooray she's fixed!!!
    If the damage is lowered, but we can use the devices more frequently, I'm cautiously optimistic. They are still high level so their damage will be better than sidekicks... I hope!!!!

Overall exciting changes.

UPDATE: OMG... OMG...OMG Voodoo doll powers..... with a stabbing the voodoo doll animation. Baron Cimetere's Vood Block.... I can finally make the Houngan character I've been wanting to create for YEARS. Kaizerin I could literally give you a big fat hug right now. I actually sqeualed out loud when i saw the Voodo doll animations.

Too excited.... too excited must calm down.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    Having had a quick scout at the new powers, I found myself met with a possibly needless concern, but one I wanted to at least try and bring up regardless, to at least get clarification or possibility of debate.

[18:20] [Combat (Self)] Bokor deals 117 (181) Magic Damage to you with Heavy Voodoo Bolt.

So it's safe to assume that the Sovereign Sons, holders of the NPC-exclusive "Voodoo" powerset are based on Magic Damage.
    This makes sense, as Juju is magic (albeit probably more spiritual), in a way. Now, my only concern is that looking at the new powers "Will-o'-the-Wisp", "Curse" and "Voodoo" they're found in the Infernal set, and based entirely on Toxic Damage and infernal-based synergy. While one could argue that Magic has a block and Infernal does not, making the placement logical for "Voodoo", I think it's pretty safe to say that the two other powers don't make too much sense dealing toxic damage, at least if there is consideration for the actual game and prior usage of the same kind of powers.

From a balancing standpoint, it can make total sense, but then on the other hand, looking at where the new powers are heading so far, balance also gets weird. The DoT called Deadly Poison isn't exactly difficult to achieve: plenty of powers will stack it really quickly and several powers refresh it (advantage or not). Based on what "Will-o'-the-Wisp" is so far, understanding that the powers are massively a work in progress, it is a >10 second cooldown click that can apply deadly poison. Not very exciting, is it? Certainly, the power is 100% sure to have more to it upon release, and this is all just guesswork and worry surrounding guesswork, but please tell me that there is an extremely valid reason for these magic powers to be tagged as poison powers, fleshing out a fairly powerful archetype of powers (Infernal), in stead of fleshing out one that barely exists? (Sorcery DPS)

We have the Sorcery Hex of Suffering, these would fit perfectly into creating a Magic debuff build, and poison debuffs are aplenty already!
    And, y'know, a damage passive that gave Magic/Toxic/????? could be a pretty good bridge-addition as well, if push comes to shove.

Ramble aside, these power additions are exciting, even in their alpha state, and I am looking forward to giving more helpful feedback once they're in a healthier state. And yes, I obviously acknowledge the state they are in, I only hope to bring up cases that remain relevant, and can push their future states towards a positive light.

Later!​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm really happy that Sorcery is FINALLY getting more Attacks, Eldtrich Blast and Skarn's Bane weren't really satisfying for a Magic DPS onion-23.gif

I hope Celestial will get some Offensive powers as well, Qliphothic wars and all, gotta embrace the magic themed update

(all new powers screenshots)
    Soul Beam looks really great, visual wise

4Dfp4qj.jpg

That must be the Holy Torrent, ok what's up with Celestial getting WATER-themed powers?
    4FgepkM.jpg

we are getting Baron Cimetiere's unique voodoo animations! AWESOME onion-2.gif
    nUZ5jee.jpg
    CUpix9V.jpg
    A few new powers have been added to various frameworks, however most are still in alpha stages and lack their fx and power effects. These include: Holy Torrent, Soul Beam, Will-o-the-wisp, Voodoo, Curse and Crashing Incantation.

If Will-o-the-wisp won't be FIRE power in the FINAL version (alpha is alpha) I will be so annoyed
    Device Changes
    Costs 750 GCR. May require additional perk requirements in the future.
    This device is a permanent self rez that restores health, energy and deals damage to nearby targets. 60 second cooldown. However, it costs 3 GCR to use.

TOP LELO's BIZZAROS ADVENTUROS​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Subjective Feedback: Soul Beam

It's very tough to build a magical DPS at the moment. Before the only really strong magical DPS maintain was Skarn's Bane - which usually isn't availble until lvl 20. I was hoping that Soul Beam would be on the same tier as Eldritch Blast. But it sadly too doesn't unlock until around lvl 20. So currently building a Magic DPS using Soul Beam ends up looking something like this:

Powers:
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt
    Level 1: Shadow Form
    Level 6: Shadow Shroud
    Level 8: Ebon Void
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Concentration
    Level 17: Conviction
    Level 20: Soul Beam

This leads into my next bit of feedback.

Subjective Feedback: Magic DPS General Comments

The new magic powers are awesome in concept but the synergy between them is poor. Voodoo Block, Will-of-the-Wisp, and Curse being the odd men out here. These powers are mix of fire and toxic -- and there's no in set offensive passive that boosts a combination of Infernal, Elemental, and Magic damage.

Right now the obvious dps choice would be go outside of set and get Night Warrior. Quarry might work in a pinch. Another option is to go Hybrid and select AOPM or AOED.

One suggestion is to include "infernal supernatural" as one the damage types Shadow Form boosts. We've already updated Pestilence to enhance both toxic and bleeds. So updating Shadow Form to boost Paranormal + Infernal isn't that much of a stretch.

Conclulsion:

I'm very excited about this update!!!! Can't wait to see how things progress. I admit I'm not the best numbers person or builder in CO. But I do enjoy giving constructive feedback. Thanks to the Dev Team for continuing to work hard for us players.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    magentagemmagentagem Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Some of the new powers are not magic damage because maybe they're not intended to be for Sorcery? I see some here are treating them all as if they were all part of the Sorcery set when Will-o-Wisp and Voodoo are in the Supernatural framework...

Anywho: feedback

The Soul Beam power looks neat! Suggestion, instead of the black hue surrounding the purple beam (default colors) instead do a blue hue to go with the purple. That way it would look more "magical" rather than something from Darkness framework.

Also, I believe somethings is off with the DPS of Soul Beam. It does slightly higher damage than Skarn's Bane, however, it ends up doing less damage than Skarn's. This is due to the 1 sec intervals vs the .5 sec intervals. If keeping the 1sec interval, I'd suggest bumping the dmg output some as well as adjust energy cost to go with it. If damage is left as is, it might end up becoming a pretty forgettable power.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,070 Arc User
    Respecting the fact that these power additions are all in their alpha phase...I'll just echo some of the things already said.

- Please ensure that all the additions are housed within the Sorcery Set (Arcane/Ebon/Radiant/Primal).
    - They should ideally all be dealing magic or dimensional damage, not toxic or fire etc.
    - I am very happy to see new magic related powers! I look forward to seeing them develop and testing future versions!

Questions

- These are new additions to the Sorcery Set which is otherwise mostly filled out (bar an energy unlock), so will we be expecting these powers to come at some sort of price like the addition to Telepathy (Mind Drain, which has vanished from PTS...)? Or will they be free like all the Bestial additions?
    - Will there be any information about the Hexslinger AT soon?
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    PTS TEST 09/11/16:

Worm OM:
    _ Still the easiest

Chicken OM:
    - UR still behaves weirdly. Can go from hitting 5k through a block to 30k.
    - I didn't see any breath cone of doom this time. Power was turned off?
    - The most annoying part of this fight is still the Horrors huge Knock To range. It can lead to being chain knocked from one corner to the other right when you are trying to block UR

Oubliette OM
    - I think that the OM started after we killed the 2 Mega Destroids but before we destroyed the 4 towers?
    - Can't speak much about this one since I was on healer.

Shadow Destroyer OM
    - Orbs could use names
    - During last bar his AoE (Purple Bubble) attack seems to ignore block. Not sure if intended
    - Sometimes overlapping mechanics (Portals AND orbs)
    - Outside of the 1/3rd splosion geysers, fight seems too chill on DPS compared to other Cosmics. Tanks, Healers and CCer are what determines the yay or nay of this mission as it stands right now. In fact Tanks dieing does not have the usual "fight goes out of control" consequence the other Cosmics have, and can be revived and get everything back on track. (Suggestion: Add Non CC-able mechanic that either buffs his defense or damage for X minutes if not taken down by DPS in X amount of time)

Overall:

The fights are a bit on the 2 ez side now that they were toned down to 40. I know it was band aid fix till the scaling issue gets resolved. Need to find middle ground between what it was to what it's now.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    So, here's my feedback for the Playtest event we did today. Forgive me if its a bit all over the place :)

1.) Destroid Invasion revamp seems like a success, though I don't find the difficulty to be quite as high as it could be. Specifically, the damage levels for the Mega Ds is a bit low. I only died like once, and that was just from ignoring a bubble like an idiot :) Loot seems okay, if a bit low. I got 7 Anni tokens, which is a reasonable amount, but if its going to reduce as other past events have, I'd suggest starting the tokens out at 8.

2.) Qzone...wow that was fun :) We didn't do things quite right, but the releveled boss fights were pretty frickin sweet! I did notices a few small issues though, and I'll address them here :)

a.) Bosses are now 40, but the zone itself is still level 45. Seems a bit wonky to me. I know the content is supposed to be challenging, but it feels like I'm more threatened in route to a boss fight than I am in the fight itself.

b.) Oubliette is SO much better now. She does a good job of telegraphing her life drain now, and that has made her much easier to deal with.

b.) Portal guardian's Unleashed Rage seems buggy. Its telegraphing the attack too early, and I was one shotted several times before I figured out to wait. That seems a bit iff.

c.) Slugg seems perfect now. A nice, but not overwhelming challenge. His attacks seem to be working properly now.

d.) Finally fought Destroyer himself now...he is a BEAST. A reall fun, massive cosmic fight, with complex mechanics and several flavors of instant death. You will learn to hate his death beams. I do feel like those should be telegraphed slightly earlier, as I had a lot of trouble dodging away from them, even with my athletics or teleport engages. CCing orbs in Essential, and I would probably request that DoTs have a decreased effect on them, to keep an accidential hit from screwing over the whole team.

e.) I feel like the goal of completing three OMs to unlock a fourth might be a bit little much for our grouping mentality. I'm prepare to wait it out and see how it does on live, but I foresee Destroyer only rarely coming online. Maybe that's intentional, but it seems like a waste if so. It might be better to put him on a time that resets only when all three are completed, rather than giving players a time limit on awakening him.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,070 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Note: All my feedback is coming from a healer's perspective.

Slug OM:

- Feels much more doable than it did before, Slug can still hit hard but not overwhelmingly so that the OM cannot be accomplished within the time limit. I'd say he feels perfect or there abouts. The damage dealt to tanks and everyone else felt like it was at a level that "everyone" could manage.

Resistance/Oubliette OM:

- Mega Destroids for this OM felt as if they were lacking? I'm not sure if this is because of the DPS and general players who helped testing having high end gear and good support or if this was because they were actually weak. I will assume the former. Oubliette still has those seemingly random pulls but from an outsider's perspective her damage felt more manageable. the Cloying Nightmares attack is still a pain in the bum, would appreciate a slightly longer delay between targeting circle appearing and actual impact.

Portal Guardian OM:

- As others have said, something is definitely still not right with that guardian's Unleashed Rage style attack. It seems like it deals way too much damage or scales weirdly or something.
    - The knock to spam and knock to chains that the adds were putting out were very unpleasant and resulted in too many deaths or close calls. This is fine if no one is blocking, but when you ARE blocking and you are PULLED OUT of block by this knock...that is not okay, and needs to be addressed please.
    - Some more information on how the UR works would be great as well, because the damage through block seemed very inconsistent.

Shady D OM:

- Not a massive fan of the Gravity effect, because it makes seeing tells a bit more difficult than they need to be.
    - His Shadow Embrace power needs to be addressed, the range and area it affects is invisible and this caused many unnecessary deaths because the way it presents the VFX does not match up with the damage area.
    - His Orbs behave oddly, I noticed that they kept gravitating towards me for some unknown reason, even after I died and self rezzed.
    - I want to say that there should be some sort of reward/pay off for halting the healing from his orbs prematurely, but that may make things too easy (and we know it all scales so that could become a complete nightmare).
    - The Pillars of Vertical Blue Flaming Death should preferably have a bit more of a delay when they first appear OR, have him say a very loud Voice Line as an audible tell before he spawns them in.

Suggestion: What if Shadow Destroyer's size only increased to it's current size on PTS when he is "Recovering!"? So a smaller scale Shady D starts to animate and whilst players are held, grows in size and begins recovering? I ask because there's no reason to make him so massive, it doesn't increase his damage or anything.

Destroid Invasion @ Champs HQ OM:

- In what seems to be the theme of this current iteration of stuff, it felt very doable and open to all in terms of the damage the Mega D's put out, was quite manageable. People still died here and there but nothing that was so overwhelming that it seemed hopeless.
    - I am sure many players will be very grateful for the new tells put in place on the Mega Ds.

--

I enjoyed playing from a healers perspective for this content, felt needed and felt sure enough to hold my own. I suspect it'll get harder, but I hope it doesn't get too hard that it discourages level 40s.

Side Note: Mind Drain seems to have disappeared from the PTS? Is this intended?
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    • Portal Guardian's Unleashed Rage type attack is still really ridiculous. I don't know if there is a mechanic to it that I don't understand or if it the the scaling, but it is just too powerful. We only won due to Zerg rushing.

• The balancing on Eidolon of Destruction feels good. There are tiny tweaks I'm sure could be made (his single target attack's tell seemed unintentionally short) but for the most part it is in a good place atm.

• The Destroid Invasion seems like it will be much more fun for the majority of the player base. It isn't particularly hard, but it is challenging enough to not be boring while also being friendly enough for casual players to join in without getting stomped.

• Yay! Voice Overs! Please give Shadow Destroyer VOs for his battle's start and end :grin:
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Had a lot of fun with the test yesterday, much more so that the one we did a week or so ago! I was running a "Glass Cannon" DPS in all of these events.

Destroid Invasion
    Found this fairly easy but enjoyable still. I can see this being far less frustrating for lower levels (I, like most people, was running a level 40 so I didn't test the scaling. Perhaps we should try a level 20 attempt?).

The Slug

Very Easy boss, but probably one of my favourite of the 3 mini open missions. Very Manageable boss with a handful of heavy attacks if people aren't paying attention. Probably the weakest of the 3 mini open missions but this is by no means a bad thing.

Portal Guardian
    I'm happier with this boss now, but am by no means happy still. This boss is capable of one shotting my glass cannon every time from what I could tell through my block. I attempted to block LoS but either failed to do so in time or it simply didn't work. I also didn't see the breath attack so I'm assuming this was disabled temporarily? The beginning phase is fine on this one, I just feel that the Unleashed Rage attack could do with either a tweak to the damage or the charge up time if breaking LoS is the intended counter to this attack.

Oubliette
    Oubliette's aggro seems to be under control, she isn't pinging all over the place one shotting everybody. Her life drain is also survivable, even as a glass cannon (whilst blocking) and the early phase was easily manageable. Can't really complain about this one.

Eidolon of Destruction
    This fight is rapidly becoming my favourite fight in the game, I can't wait to see the final product. It does however need some slight tweaking. Some of his attacks overlap (orbs + portals). I'm not sure if this was intended but it does cause a lot of problems with regard to targeting which can be a major issue when you consider the speed at which the boss regains health, and the guardians potentially killing a CCer. I would also like to echo a suggestion I made in the last thread to give the orbs difference names or appearances, so that CCers can coordinate more easily. In addition to this, the spawning position seems to be a little odd. Rather than surrounding him like I would expect, the orbs seem to randomly spread out. Is this intended? Either way, I much prefer this approach to including CCers in a Cosmic boss fight to the other bosses (Qwyjibo & Kigatilik).

Bugs
    You can still fly directly into the arena you fight the Eidolon in without using the portal and before finishing the Open Missions. Additionally, despite the increased gravity effect in the arena, players are able to hop over the barrier and down onto the throne behind it. In order to do this, you must first look towards the throne then fly (you could probably run this as well) toward the pillar in the left corner whilst holding space. This jumps your character up and over, and can lock you inside the chamber since there increased gravity inside and no pillar to jump out on.

Question for Players
    Has anybody tried using Super Jump/Swinging around this zone yet? Since it drags flight to the ground I'm interested in seeing how this effects the various Jumping or Swinging powers.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    A few things I think should be adjusted a bit.

- Portal Guardian UR type attack kills squishies through block.
    - Slugs DoT AoE around players can either still be blocked or is way to short duration.
    - Eidolon of Destruction meteors are to fast for player with attack powers with a selfroot.
    - Eidolon of Destruction laser attack starts a bit to fast without any warning.
    - Eidolon of Destruction laser attack seems to penetrate resistance but not dodge.
    - Eidolon of Destruction ebon ruin and other charge attack should be AoE and split damage.
    - Eidolon of Destruction starts his normal attack rotation a bit to fast after the meteors attack, you can easily get caught by his laser attack before you regroup with other tanks.
    - Eidolon of Destruction seems a bit of a static fight for everyone that is not a tank, maybe there could be some more mechanics to his spawns?

All in all I think Eidolon of Destruction is difficult in the wrong way, he's difficult because he has some things you need to respond really really fast to. But the mechanics of the fight are a bit to simple and not overly interesting, and the fight could do with some more chaos.
  • Options
    darkdiablo#9147 darkdiablo Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Hello guys, yesterday testing was really exciting and fun to do. Here are my thoughts on both cosmic events/fights.

Destroid Invasion

Destroid Invasion felt quite fun. Not overwhelming, but is challenging for an average 40 level builds. But it isn't challenging in a technical way, rather tactical since you had to kill all the Mega D's at once. I quite think Mega D's would use a slight damage buff, as I've been tanking the robot for half of a fight as WoTW DPS without even using dodge buffs other than MD sometimes. I'm also thinking that Destroids would make a use of some tells, as it's quite hard to predict what they're about to do. You know, not everyone looks at the background to see D's AoE marker. Other than this it's quite a balanced event for any 40 level to do. It's a fun one!

Now here comes the Qliphotic Warzone

Slug

To be honest, Slug is only strong if you don't pay much attention to the fight, in which case all players do, which makes Slug feel kinda weak compared to the other cosmics of this zone. He'd probably make a use of stronger damage, but that's just my thought.

Oubliette

Oubliette is an exciting and epic fight. She has a slightly bigger AoE of Dragon Kick, which surprise me after staying behind on her right and getting a 12k Dragon's Kick in my face xD She's a really strong girl and there are also AoE blackholes spawning which can pretty much hurt you if you get into them. Mega D's we had to kill before Oubliette's appearance felt quite weak? They'd sure make some use of buff.

Portal Guardian

A not so tough but has a really broken AoE I'm worried about. His Unleashed Rage seems just wrong. It kills 100% resistance guy who is also blocking. Getting 22k in the face by AoE while being pretty far is really something you're gonna learn to hate. I think the AoE needs a slight fix, or maybe slowing down the activation.

Eidolon of Destruction (Shadow Destroyer)

Now that IS a challenging fight. It's a fight where you can get one-shotted by not reacting at time. That's a fight where for just fighting the Destroyer in the orb period you're gonna heal him up really high, which messes up the whole long work your team has done. Destroyer is pretty balanced, but his one-shotting deathbeams seem to trigger too fast, meaning it can sometimes even one-shot you before the graphic tell appears. Speaking of tells, Destroyer would sure make some use of them, as it's really hard to predict what he's about to do. I also feel like the overlapping of orbs and portals was not intended, but that's just me.
    There also was an environmental problem I had to deal with. In the middle of fight I got knocked by his huge AoE in the celling wall with inclined surface just next to it. I couldn't get out of here since I was just sliding and I had no flying TP on the build, /stuck command didn't work as well. I think the celling on the top of the citadel needs to be fixed a bit.

All in all, there are some mistakes in the cosmic fights, but overall it looks really great. Can't wait to see it when it gets slightly rebalanced.
    In-game handle: @Dark_Diablo
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Suggestion:

All 3 OM bosses use traps, and they all have the same effect, ie. they kill you. I suggest each trap having a different effect, for example Oubliette's Dark Voids either drain your Hp healing her OR they damage you but have a gravity pull effect for people that are close to them, Slug's trap disables your block or reduces your damage resistance, etc.

The reason why I bring this up is because Shadow Destroyer uses Guardian Portal's trap too during his phase 1. A possible way to make the battle more dynamic for DPS is for traps to be spawned throughout the whole fight instead of only phase 1, and have him use all 3 different variations of them. (kinda like Teleios uses attacks of all clones).

Of course this would mean that a new mechanism will have to be used for phase 1.
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    I just did a brief test of the new magic powers and I must say I do like the theme of these towards the whole Voudou concept. I suppose this is for the October release in time for Halloween!. If this is so, NICE!!!
    now having read previous remarks above, I have to agree that having it based on a mix of Power-set is not good synergy, and I also agree that having it based around hex of suffering is a great idea, which I hope you would consider. Arcane, Ebon, Primal and Radiant power-sets seem very under represented and their offensive powers are more or less shared. i propose that changes be implemented to make them more distinctive, with their own de-buffs, DoTs etc...
    As previous stated hex is a great choice here, and maybe focused around either Ebon or Primal. for me Arcane seems to be more focused towards summoning and Radiant towards a more support defensive posture
    this could be fun when completed and look forward to it's implementation
    Btw Glad about the additional changes towards Backups, as I have seem numerous abuses by players over the years. In previous incantations they were, in my opinion game breaking. Going into an alert for example and it ends in like 10-20 seconds of engaging the boss is NOT FUN!!. I understand that this would appeal to power players, but even in the tabletop version of champions, power players were not very..., well you know what I mean lol ;-)
    In regards to griefing from OVs, I suggest you re-implement the code changes you made when Clarence was running last Christmas... the more dam they do to players, it is then reflective back towards themselves until they die. and players take no damage from their attack. This worked then and I feel this will work now. Ofc, this is set within the radius of the designated battle locations.

Oh requests/suggestions:
    Have an AoE version of soul beam, a bit like the one used by the Baron, but not as devastating. Would be a great way to deal with low level mobs. either as a cone or line of sight.
    Suggest that Baron's power as an ultimate for that line too
    Soul Beam appears sooner in the power-set rather than at level 20. should be more useful as a starting power
    what do the rest of you think about that?

that's my 2 pence in
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,102 Cryptic Developer
    Closing this thread, please use the appropriate stickied threads on PTS for feedback.​​
This discussion has been closed.