test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Long Have You Been Playing CO?

Please post how long you've been playing CO, just to get an idea of how many vets are on the forums. I'll start...

I've been playing CO for 6 years
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Been playing CO since - jeez, what year is it again? Since F2P, anyway. (Edited to add: Okay, broke down and looked it up - sometime in January of 2011, I guess...)

(First started playing Champions in '84 or '85, with the advent of 3rd Edition...)​​
    Post edited by jonsills on
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I got 11k hours on Champions Online.

...I don't have an addiction problem...

And started at least 2 or so years before on alert. Began as a free to play player but now Im lifetime. Completed every single mission in the entire game on 2 characters (currently have 10 level 40 toons) EXCEPT Sammie lost dollies.... cuz that mission is EVIL... >:[
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    My oldest character was created on February 3 2013.

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    September, 2008 Alpha

If you mean when my character was officially created, August 28th, 2009.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Enh, don't remember the exact date, but I've been to at least 2 Foxbatcons
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Looked at my oldest character Dr Deflecto. Toon select says she was created December 2010 X_X

I need to get out more -_-"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    I feel like a young child :>
    I started early march 2015, I wish I could have known this game way back
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Technical it's October 11th 2012.

But officially I have been active for 5908 days.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    About 6500 Posts ago.
    That dates back to the August 2009.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Lifer since a few days before launch. Would have been here before that but I never got accepted into beta.

biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Late alpha for me.

For PnP Champions, July 1981, right after its debut.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    found it, Tsin'xing was created feb 2014
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    Is there a place to check the exact date you joined?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Closed Beta. Whenever that was. Sometime in 2009 according to what I stuck in my signature.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User

Please post how long you've been playing CO, just to get an idea of how many vets are on the forums. I'll start...

Why does it say you joined 2015 on your name here?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2016

When they implemented the new forums they screwed up how long folks have been playing for. The dates you see on our arc pages are just when we joined these new forums. A good example of this is biff's. He's been playing since a few days before launch but on these forums it says "Joined June 2015".

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    zemmax said:

At the login screen you can look at the date each of your characters was created.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

When they implemented the new forums they screwed up how long folks have been playing for. The dates you see on our arc pages are just when we joined these new forums. A good example of this is biff's. He's been playing since a few days before launch but on these forums it says "Joined June 2015".

Ahhh makes sense I figured it had something to do with the forums, although im sure some didnt join forums until way later.
  • Options

zemmax said:

At the login screen you can look at the date each of your characters was created.
    Honestly I dont really consider myself joined until I subbed, thats the real depth of the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Ahhh makes sense I figured it had something to do with the forums, although im sure some didnt join forums until way later.

I'm not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2016

zemmax said:

I have deleted the first characters I created >:( But oldest one was at december 2009, oldest that exists now I mean.

• Options
    Right for newbies causing trouble. This game was once owned by Atari and had nothing to do with PWE. PWE later bought it ( and Cryptic) when Atari ran into trouble.

Everyone knows The Mighty Zenith/MG is one of the oldest players around trying to say other wise about one of the most well known CO players is just foolish. Other long time PWE users like Caliga on the forum have an earlier join date because he merged his Cryptic account and PWE account right away. Some of us only merged our accounts when we had to or started using ARC when there was no other choice. This is meant to be a fun thread no need for aggression >_>"

Would love to see someone try and say I only started playing June 2015 XD
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    Hey, Nepht only started playing in June of 2015!

(Well, you said you'd love to see it...)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    jonsills said:

Hey, Nepht only started playing in June of 2015!

(Well, you said you'd love to see it...)​​

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    photo Champions Online - Manage Subscriptions - Google Chrome_2016-09-06_17-18-58.png

SEE....i win! 16 years!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    March 9th, 2011

I made a toon on friday evening. Saturday, I realized I wanted to try something else, and tried a few different ATs.
    Sunday, I made my main toon, Mattachine, which I converted to FF when I became a lifer a couple years ago.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    You can find how old a toon is on the toon select screen.

TIL Strife predates Dr Deflecto :D
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The same day F2P launched. Huh, now that I think about it, that was the 26th for me. Back when I looked like this:

The current version of my main was made the same day I originally went gold:

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Can't remember if it was open or closed Beta. Definitely pre-launch. So...sometime in 2009.

• Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    I don't remember when I joined and I deleted my first character years ago so I can't really check, but I'm pretty sure I joined not long after CO went F2P.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    As soon as I got a CB code, which was about June of 2009.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Exact date? Not sure. It was around the time when CO was going Free-to-Play that I initially started in on it. Basically when Trial-CO had existed under Atari and freebies could only exist in the tutorial. Been Silver up until Freeform Grab Bags came into existence and the one slot I had gotten convinced me that getting a subscription was well worth the investment at the time.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    Don't worry about exact dates, it's just to get a general idea.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Fun fact: the devs never bothered to remove the Atari logos that infest Millennium city!. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Been playing since Alpha. I remember the arguments about whether stats should or should not have been introduced. And if there would be other things to do than just fighting. And about how Canada/Desert were not ideal starting zones. When folks were clamoring to finally see Millennium City.

I forgot when I bit the bullet for a lifetime sub.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I started CO when it became F2P. That was probably 2010 I think. I still remember the Atari stuff in CO.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My CoX team, the Legion of Valor, got a team invite to the closed beta, but I despised it (for the most part because it wasn't even CLOSE to being ready for beta), left and never looked back.

But when CoX died, I had few options, so I came back here in Dec. '12 (it was much nicer, then, yes. :D ). So, closing in on 4 years for me.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    I miss playing with my CoX.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    nepht said:

I miss playing with my CoX.

Hey, half of Edinburgh miss playing with your CoX ;)

But when CoX died, I had few options.

:o

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ok first character in list is November 201, however I know I wiped quite a few since I quit Rift in early 2011 to play CO. I played that for about 2mths from when it launched then tried CO.

according to ARC, I have played CO for 7 minutes and 14 secs.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2016

But when CoX died, I had few options.

:o

There's not a lot you can do, when your CoX dies. ;)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I tried it out on someone else's computer in 2011, created an account in 2012 (found out that my computer couldn't handle the graphics well), subscribed in 2014 (when I got my new computer) and went lifetime in January 2016 (during a lifetime subscription sale). Meanwhile, I was stilll playing COH until it closed, dabbled in DCOU, poked at WoW during free trial offers and spent time with Everquest.

A hard journey but I'm still hanging in there.
  • Options
    salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    17 April 2011. The first character I created is still my main.
  • Options
    had2mergehad2merge Posts: 49 Arc User
    Made my first toon on November 2009. Remembered leveling her on Monster Island to cap, since Lemura ( called Lagmura at the time) was too rubberbandy to play in and Vibora Bay wasn't even in game yet.

My first PTS experience was helping to do the VB Crisis and most of us getting stuck during Juryrig's sewer mission. Robobo had to come on and advance our story. Because if you left the Crisis before you finished it, you could NOT get back in.

Still hoping to earn a Dev Token so I can get a Robobo Action Figure.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Been playing CO since - jeez, what year is it again? Since F2P, anyway. (Edited to add: Okay, broke down and looked it up - sometime in January of 2011, I guess...)

(First started playing Champions in '84 or '85, with the advent of 3rd Edition...)​​

How different was the d20 version?

...and a few months after it went f2p i joined...

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    d20? Champs used d6. Lots of d6. Improved my basic math skills quite a lot, learning to quickly add up the STUN damage from a 15d6 EB, after first working the OCV/DCV/distance formula to see if it hit... :smile:

It was loads of fun, but it could take a lonnng time to resolve combat, so we usually tried to resolve situations without blasting. And of course, since it was tabletop and adjudicated by an actual intelligence, characters and adventures could be far more flexible - my favorite example was a character a friend had, Non Sequiter, whose highest stats were Ego and Presence and whose most powerful attack was a PRE attack based on saying things of sublime absurdity (bursting into the villains' lair, for instance, and loudly announcing, "I brought the potato salad! Who wants to play Twister?"). She was using a 10d6 EGO-based STUN-only attack, but with a house-ruled twist - if she could make the GM laugh, the villains were automatically stunned for 1d6 phases.​​

• Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    jonsills said:

d20? Champs used d6. Lots of d6. Improved my basic math skills quite a lot, learning to quickly add up the STUN damage from a 15d6 EB, after first working the OCV/DCV/distance formula to see if it hit... :smile:

It was loads of fun, but it could take a lonnng time to resolve combat, so we usually tried to resolve situations without blasting. And of course, since it was tabletop and adjudicated by an actual intelligence, characters and adventures could be far more flexible - my favorite example was a character a friend had, Non Sequiter, whose highest stats were Ego and Presence and whose most powerful attack was a PRE attack based on saying things of sublime absurdity (bursting into the villains' lair, for instance, and loudly announcing, "I brought the potato salad! Who wants to play Twister?"). She was using a 10d6 EGO-based STUN-only attack, but with a house-ruled twist - if she could make the GM laugh, the villains were automatically stunned for 1d6 phases.​​

LMAO! It's too bad such things couldn't have been brought into this game. :D