test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us a way to earn GCR with out requiring other players

notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Suggestions Box
The reasoning for this is simple, the population in CO is just not high enough to sustain a grind of this magnitude constantly for the entire player base, if you don't understand what I mean by this, the screenshots below are of the main population center as well as gathering for the cosmics.

so yeah.. good luck making a TA team or getting a cosmic run done with "all those people"

that is what the "EU playerbase" [we're scattered all over, barely numbering 100] has to work with for the GCR content... hence why I am requesting that we be given a way to earn GCR that does not require other players to actually do.....well that or using some miracle to increase the number AND quality of the players online in EU time... [most of them tend to be not capable of gcr content]

"wouldn't having a way to earn GCR solo make people abandon the already existing content?"

If you make the pre-existing GCR content fun people will still run it, however knowing that is an impossibility I suggest buffing the GCR rewards it gives to compensate....and help with the insane GCR vendor costs [srsly.. what the hell is with those prices?]

"how would it work?"

Ideally it would be a daily mission that is hard, but not impossible to solo, rewarding 5 GCR that's it [TA would have it's reward increased to 10 GCR from the drop and cosmics 15]

"but I see people making TA goups and running comsics all the time"

That is the same logic as "I have food, so there is no world hunger" just because you are not effected by the problem does not mean it isn't there.

"why should the devs cater to a small group of ineffctual players?"

Because forcing a group of player to choose between their health [via sleep deprivation] and having access to the end-game rewards [adbit, a lot slower than the others 7 months for 300 gcr slower] is just cruel.
In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
Post edited by notyuu on

Comments

• Options
    ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    An excellent post that I agree 100% with. Players that can't play during TA/Cosmic Primetime are basically screwed.
    notyuu said:

"how would it work?"

Ideally it would be a daily mission that is hard, but not impossible to solo, rewarding 5 GCR that's it [TA would have it's reward increased to 10 GCR from the drop and cosmics 15]

"but I see people making TA goups and running comsics all the time"

That is the same logic as "I have food, so there is no world hunger" just because you are not effected by the problem does not mean it isn't there.

This is oh so very true. And I like this suggestion a lot.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I may not be EU-based, but I'm typically an off-hours player so I'm in a similar boat. Into the wee hours over in the US, there reaches a point when you just don't bother queuing even for things like smash/grab/burst/custom alerts to get the dailies done. After that point, getting even 5 warm bodies into the same queue takes forever, if it even happens at all because people get impatient and leave.

So yeah, this totally has my support. Unfortunately, the devs seem to prefer the model of "raid or die" that was largely detested during wow's last expansion (WoD). IMO the devs should be doing everything they can to make this game as inclusive as possible if they have any desire to retain players. Right now, whatever they're doing is seems to be having the exact opposite effect.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm absolutely in favor of GCR rewards for non-raid content as well, but any solo rewards need to have to the payout level be commensurate with the effort/time (i.e. coordinating 25+ people should always have higher rewards, but that doesn't mean casual/off-hours players should have no means of earning GCR). I think there are a few ways to implement this that would be fair by utilizing existing content:

-Help a Citizen Missions: Starting at level 35, add a loot table at the end of these with a chance to include (among other things) a GCR box that could contain a GCR mod(s), costume piece or a flat amount of GCR (like @ 5). This alone would make me run these at lvl 40 and the missions aren't so commonplace that they can be farmed nor would they be guaranteed GCR since they are so short.

-UNITY Missions: These are hopefully going to see a revamp soon but in the meantime represent a significant time investment since you have to travel everywhere. Reasonable difficulty for the average player on top of the time, so they could have a very low per mission GCR reward or a decent final GCR reward for completion of the full set of missions. This would likely be the best 'non-raiding' solution for players that are unable to get into the GCR content for whatever reason.

-Rampage Weekly: Technically not solo content, but these are much easier to assemble and que for (F&I less so, but I digress). If they added a Rampage weekly for nominal GCR, that would be great and help keep Rampage numbers up.

Again, totally on board with alternate methods of gaining GCR. I'm still disappointed it won't be BoA currency, but I'm hoping it will be available by other means in the future (be it slowly grinding them in the above solo methods, available for conversion from SCR or other Recog, possible acquisition through Zen/Q/Drifter, etc).
    Post edited by beerbane on
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I completely understand the sentiment and support helping non-North American players get some gcr in some way I just don't see the devs caring/doing anything about it. They want gcr to be acquired as part of team content. They will just point to TA and say: What, in all of Europe there aren't 5 people who can do TA?" I haven't done the stuff on PTS yet, but that is supposed to have stuff for smaller groups of players.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    beerbane said:

I'm absolutely in favor of GCR rewards for non-raid content as well, but any solo rewards need to have to the payout level be commensurate with the effort/time (i.e. coordinating 25+ people should always have higher rewards, but that doesn't mean casual/off-hours players should have no means of earning GCR). I think there are a few ways to implement this that would be fair by utilizing existing content:

-Help a Citizen Missions: Starting at level 35, add a loot table at the end of these with a chance to include (among other things) a GCR box that could contain a GCR mod(s), costume piece or a flat amount of GCR (like @ 5). This alone would make me run these at lvl 40 and the missions aren't so commonplace that they can be farmed nor would they be guaranteed GCR since they are so short.

Can't be farmed? Been there done that. It's easy actually. The trick is in learning where the quest givers spawn, then zipping around to rescue them.
    beerbane said:

-UNITY Missions: These are hopefully going to see a revamp soon but in the meantime represent a significant time investment since you have to travel everywhere. Reasonable difficulty for the average player on top of the time, so they could have a very low per mission GCR reward or a decent final GCR reward for completion of the full set of missions. This would likely be the best 'non-raiding' solution for players that are unable to get into the GCR content for whatever reason.

-Rampage Weekly: Technically not solo content, but these are much easier to assemble and que for (F&I less so, but I digress). If they added a Rampage weekly for nominal GCR, that would be great and help keep Rampage numbers up.

Yeah, a "do 10 for reward" style thing would work nicely there.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

They will just point to TA and say: What, in all of Europe there aren't 5 people who can do TA?"

the answer to that... is no, I've tried and tried and tried.. on adverage using jsut EU player it takes 90 mins to get a team together... then between 4 and 11 hours to finish it...yes.. really.

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    Not saying that I disagree with you, just that that would be the Devs likely response.
    notyuu said:

They will just point to TA and say: What, in all of Europe there aren't 5 people who can do TA?"

the answer to that... is no, I've tried and tried and tried.. on adverage using jsut EU player it takes 90 mins to get a team together... then between 4 and 11 hours to finish it...yes.. really.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User

beerbane said:

Can't be farmed? Been there done that. It's easy actually. The trick is in learning where the quest givers spawn, then zipping around to rescue them.
    My bad - I thought the Citizen missions were more of a random thing than a triggered event. Thanks for the correction there. Even so, I think there is a general agreement that the rewards need to be adjusted 35+ (particularly at 40, when exp is no longer an incentive to run something) on Citizen Missions. Whether subject to a GCR box cap or just a low drop percentage, I would hope the concept resonates with folks. If not GCR, at lease make something cool drop have the potnetial to drop from these things. Give people reasons to go back to existing content - there's lots of stuff that can extend replayability post-40 that don't have to involve grinding per-se.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    notyuu said:

There's got to be more to that than just numbers. There is a meaningful learning curve for TA, but there are most certainly 5+ people in the EUTZ who could do TA. There may be an organizational problem, though.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited August 2016

notyuu said:

There's got to be more to that than just numbers. There is a meaningful learning curve for TA, but there are most certainly 5+ people in the EUTZ who could do TA. There may be an organizational problem, though.
    Could and WANT TO are two very different things. :p:)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    beerbane said:

beerbane said:

My bad - I thought the Citizen missions were more of a random thing than a triggered event. Thanks for the correction there. Even so, I think there is a general agreement that the rewards need to be adjusted 35+ (particularly at 40, when exp is no longer an incentive to run something) on Citizen Missions. Whether subject to a GCR box cap or just a low drop percentage, I would hope the concept resonates with folks. If not GCR, at lease make something cool drop have the potnetial to drop from these things. Give people reasons to go back to existing content - there's lots of stuff that can extend replayability post-40 that don't have to involve grinding per-se.

I agree that it'd be nice to have a better reason to do them. As-is they're boring.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They should also add GCR to Rampages. They're changing Justice Gear on PTS so it will require both tokens and GCR. If Justice Gear and Rampages are considered a part of end-game, shouldn't GCR drop there too? I agree with the OP though. Obtaining GCR from TA and Cosmics is extremely slow atm. Having to grind is one thing, but being unable to do the grind is a whole another problem, and one that seems to be common as of late.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thechampion#0727 thechampion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    There should be a way to trade other types of tokens for gold recognition AND Villain tokens and to buy Legion gear recipe items (rampage teams are taking a looooong time to form these days). Also the amount of tokens on Gold recognition items and villain token items and legion gear need to be lowered. Lots of people like to make alts once they are bored with their character. LOTS of alts. Making end game gear and items so grindy and high priced makes gearing alts "cost" prohibitive.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016

They should also add GCR to Rampages. They're changing Justice Gear on PTS so it will require both tokens and GCR. If Justice Gear and Rampages are considered a part of end-game, shouldn't GCR drop there too? I agree with the OP though. Obtaining GCR from TA and Cosmics is extremely slow atm. Having to grind is one thing, but being unable to do the grind is a whole another problem, and one that seems to be common as of late.

The long term plan is to do that, once Rampages have been updated to meet standards.
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    you mean reduce the success rate so its on a line with the cosmics
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I could get behind this, but I would suggest lower rewards, such as 2 or 3 GCR. The Devs have made it very clear that they want GCR for team content.

Does the new zone offer GCR for completing a mission chain?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Does the new zone offer GCR for completing a mission chain?

last i checked, no.. which is honestly a REALLY stupid move.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2016

you mean reduce the success rate so its on a line with the cosmics

Most likely. I mean, on release Cosmics were "fine" and had a relatively high participation rate from all types of players and were challenging.

Players actually enjoyed running to go fight Cosmics. I'm sure some still do but...I am sure that for others it has become a bit of a chore moreso than "let's all get stuck in" kinda fun, which is a shame in my opinion.

For some reason they were constantly updated and made more difficult and had scaling mechanics added/enhanced which act as a deterrent to large numbers of players showing up.

So now, cosmics either have to be so highly coordinated that one person simply making a mistake makes everything fail...or it can take hours and hours of player time which some do not have. So then the success rate seems/is lower.

I would be surprised if this DIDN'T happen to Rampages in the future. Rampages do need to be more interesting but hopefully the Devs balance them for 10 players of varying skill level...and not "highly skilled/geared/competent/responsive players only", but I guess time will tell.

--

@notyuu , last I heard? The Open Mission Dailies will be granting GCR...or that may be restricted just to the final cosmic encounter.

The bigger concern I have, after running those open missions on PTS are the actual fights, hopefully the major bugs surrounding each one are cleared up pretty soon and clear information is given as to what we are meant to do etc.
  • Options
    Speaking from my limited perspective it seems that people still reasonably enjoy ape and kiga. They are doable by reasonably intelligent, reasonably geared and cooperative players and don't take that much time. I.e. they don't seem like a chore. Dino seems another story. It almost feels like people feel an obligation to show up and try to complete it (to get the extra gcr for the daily) but that most of those joining in are doing so with the expectation of playing for an hour or more and then failing. I've spent most of my time lately trying to get JG tokens before the apocalypse so don't know if dino has been completed in the last week (never has when I have been there), and if so, what the success to failure rate is.

I do like that my ccer now has some use, at least at ape :)

Players actually enjoyed running to go fight Cosmics. I'm sure some still do but...I am sure that for others it has become a bit of a chore moreso than "let's all get stuck in" kinda fun, which is a shame in my opinion.

For some reason they were constantly updated and made more difficult and had scaling mechanics added/enhanced which act as a deterrent to large numbers of players showing up.

So now, cosmics either have to be so highly coordinated that one person simply making a mistake makes everything fail...or it can take hours and hours of player time which some do not have. So then the success rate seems/is lower.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    Don't really have anything to add. I support this. :P Though, like Jaazaniah, my expectations are low, given the developers' adamant refusal to be even marginally reasonable about existing GCR content.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Speaking from my limited perspective it seems that people still reasonably enjoy ape and kiga. They are doable by reasonably intelligent, reasonably geared and cooperative players and don't take that much time. I.e. they don't seem like a chore. Dino seems another story. It almost feels like people feel an obligation to show up and try to complete it (to get the extra gcr for the daily) but that most of those joining in are doing so with the expectation of playing for an hour or more and then failing. I've spent most of my time lately trying to get JG tokens before the apocalypse so don't know if dino has been completed in the last week (never has when I have been there), and if so, what the success to failure rate is.

I do like that my ccer now has some use, at least at ape :)

A successful Dino run was completed last night. It was as painful as usual. Dino is still my least favorite encounter in CO. In all of the games and mmos I've ever played actually. At this point i'm just there for the GCR. It is simply an unfun encounter.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Speaking from my limited perspective it seems that people still reasonably enjoy ape and kiga.

I wish I knew when these people were playing. It's 2100 on a Thursday evening and Kiga, Dino and Qwjybo are standing around doing nowt. There are 11 players on Monster Island, 19 in Canada. And they ain't playing the Cosmics.
  • Options
    Hey anyone else notice that the title of this thread is actually asking for more team content?

"GIVE US A WAY TO EARN GCR WITH REQUIRING OTHER PLAYERS"
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I've gone to bed at around 3-4am (EU) every day for the last month or so just so that I can join Cosmic hunts (yea I guess I have problems). I've repeatedly missed TA callouts since I'm usually doing AP's or in mission instances with an alt so Cosmic's are more or less my only source of GCR. I'd like to think that I am capable of finishing TA with a team but I've only ever had one chance in a team of people who were also trying it for the first time!

I personally enjoy Cosmic's still, even Dino to an extent, but I can understand why people get bored with it.

I would welcome solo GCR content with open arms but to echo a few of the other posts in this thread, I don't expect to see it any time soon if at all.

• Options
    hemslord said:

I've gone to bed at around 3-4am (EU) every day for the last month or so just so that I can join Cosmic hunts (yea I guess I have problems). I've repeatedly missed TA callouts since I'm usually doing AP's or in mission instances with an alt so Cosmic's are more or less my only source of GCR. I'd like to think that I am capable of finishing TA with a team but I've only ever had one chance in a team of people who were also trying it for the first time!

I personally enjoy Cosmic's still, even Dino to an extent, but I can understand why people get bored with it.

I would welcome solo GCR content with open arms but to echo a few of the other posts in this thread, I don't expect to see it any time soon if at all.

are you in the Cosmic HQ channel?