test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coincidence?

Hmm seems pretty shady, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Ok so I was logging into the game like I usually do and bam, your account has been banned, please contact support. So I started thinking what could I have done to get banned, I rarely talk to anyone, nice guy, reserved. Then it hit me, a day or two ago a refund dispute was resolved thanks to Steam. An Arc representative informed me I could get a refund on a charge, but I would have to contact Steam. However Steam informed me to contact them before hand, then Arc sent me back to contact Steam lol. Steam decided to investigate further, a few days later it was resolved and I was refunded. However, a few days later I was also banned. A rep told me it could be for billing reasons since my reputation was clean otherwise then I put two and two together.

This just seems a weee bit too convenient to be a random ban for some illegal stuff or breaching of terms of service, because I have done nothing. I have never been disciplined or contacted by the big dogs in charge. My characters do not have crazy names nor do I share account info. Seems sort of shady, but I have been playing Champions Online for quite some time now with no issues, until that faithful day when Steam stepped in to investigate the charge.

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    You might want to be careful and perhaps even delete your post there mate as one of the forum rules is concerning "Posting Private Correspondence". It says that (and I quote).....

You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

I don't want you to have more problems than you already have

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • I love how forum typicals respond so quickly as if covering some tracks. Yes gang we got a mystery on our hands. But yes forums rules are forum rules. Also guy sucks getting an account banned welcome to the club.
  • Put two and two together and will see truth been in front of whole community for years.
    WTS [Tinfoil Hat] PM please.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Put two and two together and will see truth been ignored by whole community for years.

Fixed that for you.

snip

Best thing you can do is make a ticket regarding it. Seems like something threw up a red flag somewhere
  • superwavessuperwaves Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2016

You might want to be careful and perhaps even delete your post there mate as one of the forum rules is concerning "Posting Private Correspondence". It says that (and I quote).....

You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

I don't want you to have more problems than you already have

I see, ok, will do. My bad.

I love how forum typicals respond so quickly as if covering some tracks. Yes gang we got a mystery on our hands. But yes forums rules are forum rules. Also guy sucks getting an account banned welcome to the club.

Sucks though because I was lifetime, damn guess i am just going to call it quits.

Sucks though because I was lifetime, damn guess i am just going to call it quits.

Don't give up yet mate. Try support again and calmly explain your situation...... being LTS is certainly in your favour.

zrdRBy8.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Hmm seems pretty shady, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Ok so I was logging into the game like I usually do and bam, your account has been banned, please contact support. So I started thinking what could I have done to get banned, I rarely talk to anyone, nice guy, reserved. Then it hit me, a day or two ago a refund dispute was resolved thanks to Steam. An Arc representative informed me I could get a refund on a charge, but I would have to contact Steam. However Steam informed me to contact them before hand, then Arc sent me back to contact Steam lol. Steam decided to investigate further, a few days later it was resolved and I was refunded. However, a few days later I was also banned. A rep told me it could be for billing reasons since my reputation was clean otherwise then I put two and two together.

This just seems a weee bit too convenient to be a random ban for some illegal stuff or breaching of terms of service, because I have done nothing. I have never been disciplined or contacted by the big dogs in charge. My characters do not have crazy names nor do I share account info. Seems sort of shady, but I have been playing Champions Online for quite some time now with no issues, until that faithful day when Steam stepped in to investigate the charge.

Definitely contact Billing, I've heard of these things happening before, usually related to subscription fees. Explain the situation and hopefully you can get it resolved.
    biffsig.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Never attribute to malice what might easily be stupidity. There've been problems with how things are set up before (as Biff notes). It's more likely another glitch than a conspiracy.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I've heard of folks getting their account banned after disputing fees. Supposedly something about the fee reversal triggers a ban - probably an automated security measure. It sucks but keep bugging support for a resolution. Good Luck!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Put two and two together and will see truth been in front of whole community for years.

Please do tell, I love a good fairy tale!
    Thanks for the advice all, will do.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

Thanks for the advice all, will do.

Big business, little customers...but, the community should look after one another, let me know what i can do to help you if you cant get your account/toons back. But through PM to avoid breaking the rules, incase certain "unmentionables" come up.

Id hate to see you discouraged over this, i dont mess with arc or steam, i own the cd rom and just go through an independent launcher to avoid the mess of 3rd party cookie monsters!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    there's this bit in the TOSbut yes contact accts, if you got it sorted , you shouldn't have a ban.
    direct email is
    customerservice@perfectworld.com.
    subject feild- accounts

24.5If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid in court, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees, or if applicable mandatory law dictates otherwise, to the maximum amount permitted.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Seriously. Years back when I reversed a charge for an item I paid for but never got I actually got banned. It was by the looks of it some automatic thing PWE has set up. I stayed calm sent in a ticked and within two weeks it was all fixed and I was back in the game.

Kinda bums me out PWE still has that same system in as its well busted.

They will fix legit cases like this. Takes em a few weeks but they do sort it out. Eventually :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I love how forum typicals respond so quickly as if covering some tracks.

Throws some pixiedust and 'POOF!!', these are not the droids you are looking for.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2016
    Nah guys, they are punishing me for for that dispute. I will not get into details, but from what I can tell, unless I give them the measly five bucks for a refund dispute I can't play. Guess I am out of here, no way do I wish to deal with a company like that. Five bucks is chump change, but it is the principle. They are holding me hostage for getting help with a dispute, so disappointed in this company. never seen nothing like this before.

They appear to be angry because I actually got the refund they approved, because they did not think Steam would intervene. Basically they did not think I would get a refund, because they held the cards, or so they thought.

Tread lightly people, you are dealing with a different kind of company here. CO was pretty fun while it lasted. So many MMOs on my plate, I will be putting this one to the side.
    Mesa tank dey bee moh towa dey stowweeeeeee.

They are holding me hostage for getting help with a dispute

Please, continue.
  • Nah guys, they are punishing me for for that dispute. I will not get into details, but from what I can tell, unless I give them the measly five bucks for a refund dispute I can't play. Guess I am out of here, no way do I wish to deal with a company like that. Five bucks is chump change, but it is the principle. They are holding me hostage for getting help with a dispute, so disappointed in this company. never seen nothing like this before.

They appear to be angry because I actually got the refund they approved, because they did not think Steam would intervene. Basically they did not think I would get a refund, because they held the cards, or so they thought.

Tread lightly people, you are dealing with a different kind of company here. CO was pretty fun while it lasted. So many MMOs on my plate, I will be putting this one to the side.

Of course they are punishing you they hate losing money or loyalty anyone does. Also do not listen to folks mentioned tinfoil hat etc are very people was attempting warn you about in earlier post. Cannot say other person's name but they are their enforcer to crush whoever they deem against the status quo bully mentality have put down lots of players.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    nepht said:

Love the HGttG reference
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Dear Superwaves for your moral stand you are my hero of the decade. Stick that boot up the *** of corporate greed mongers maybe one day I'll have your resolve to walk away.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Feel free, reborn. The door's over thataway. Somehow I doubt anyone will miss you - I for one get more than my fill of Evil Cryptic conspiracy theories from oliviaclaire in the STO forums. (And hers are more entertaining than yours, too.)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Oh Monster. Always a +1 for any statistical evaluation of population consenus for CO.

Glad we can always count on you buddy!

Just try to not get banned again.
    nepht said:

Seriously. Years back when I reversed a charge for an item I paid for but never got I actually got banned. It was by the looks of it some automatic thing PWE has set up. I stayed calm sent in a ticked and within two weeks it was all fixed and I was back in the game.

Kinda bums me out PWE still has that same system in as its well busted.

They will fix legit cases like this. Takes em a few weeks but they do sort it out. Eventually :I

^what she said...let it take its coarse. Things will work out.

^smile =^.^=

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Here's a cat that makes your day even better:

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    jonsills said:

Feel free, reborn. The door's over thataway. Somehow I doubt anyone will miss you - I for one get more than my fill of Evil Cryptic conspiracy theories from oliviaclaire in the STO forums. (And hers are more entertaining than yours, too.)​​

I get y'alls belief, but do you Seriously think telling people to leave if they post something you don't like, going to get a bigger pop for this game? Y'all do know the whole, "Word of mouth" thing right? If you dismiss joe shcmoe in a rude way, Joe tells Tim who may have been unbiased or interested 'don't bother' who tells bob who tells..well you get it(may not be that extreme but the principal is still there). If they are posting something blatantly offensive or obnoxious, simply either kindly ask them to stop or report it, if you deem it to be of that caliber.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited August 2016

jonsills said:

I get y'alls belief, but do you Seriously think telling people to leave if they post something you don't like, going to get a bigger pop for this game? Y'all do know the whole, "Word of mouth" thing right? If you dismiss joe shcmoe in a rude way, Joe tells Tim who may have been unbiased or interested 'don't bother' who tells bob who tells..well you get it(may not be that extreme but the principal is still there). If they are posting something blatantly offensive or obnoxious, simply either kindly ask them to stop or report it, if you deem it to be of that caliber.
    I learned not to respond to those type of posts, they are generally mean spirited in nature and some people seem to do them as an automated response to alienate those who have issues or problems with the game.

edited August 2016
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    I get y'alls belief, but do you Seriously think telling people to leave if they post something you don't like, going to get a bigger pop for this game?
    Dude's been posting repeated, yet nonspecific, complaints about CO for days now, mostly alluding to some terrible conspiracy on their part. His main goal seems to be to find anyone who's disaffected with anything about the game, and drive them away. Not sure what the endgame of that is, but I have my suspicions. In any event, if someone truly feels that way about a game, best thing they can do, for themselves and others, is to leave - game, forums, everything. I've run into that with a couple of online games in the past, and my response was exactly what I suggested - I left, I stopped posting, I stopped caring. Much better way to live. And so far as I was able to tell, it made precisely no difference to anyone, except that I didn't increase the general level of negative feeling in the world. (And don't you think the level of negativity is high enough? Especially in an election year in the US?)

Nothing I do here is going to get a bigger population for anything. I'm just not that big a deal. (Neither is he, it's just irritating to me personally to have to run into that drivel over and over, in so very many threads.)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited August 2016
    Eh, I don't bother responding to the angry post. I am a laid back easy going guy as I already mentioned. I am not paying him any mind, let em vent. I will not argue back, not my style, just looking for a solution not a fight, I am not a fighter. Anyway I am going to wait it out until Steam responds, although I already know how Steam will respond to this mess, heh.

I Went lifetime last summer but I am still willing to quit if this is what I think it is. I am willing to wait it out at least, since they messaged me again. We shall see.
    Do you mind giving us more details? What was the transaction, and why did you need it reversed?
    biffsig.jpg
    It was just $5.00 worth of zen, I used my Steam wallet, but did not intent to. Contacted Steam for a refund and they said contact the publisher. I then contacted PWE but they said to contact Steam then Steam decided to investigate PWE. 4 days later it was resolved and Steam did not even mention an outstanding balance associated with my Steam account, this is what PWE is banned me for. Until the outstanding balance is cleared, I will remained banned but why would I have an outstanding balance with steam but can play other Steam games no problem? Is it an automated thing? I received refunds from many games, this is a first for me.
    What it seems like to me is you got your 500 zen in your account, but then the payment was refunded. So now your account is sitting at 500 zen more than you've paid for, and they want you to pay for it again? Have you tried asking them to remove the 500 zen so your account gets balanced?

I mean, it seems stupid if they don't just do that automatically, but I don't know how their system works.

Did you spend any of that 500 zen after buying it, leaving your account at less than 500?
    biffsig.jpg
    Nah I did not touch my zen. It remained at 1,753 or something like that.
    Well, that MIGHT be the problem, that now your account has basically "overdrafted" and you need to either pay for what you got, or request for them to subtract it from your account, if you don't want that zen.
    biffsig.jpg
    So not only do players have to deal with Cryptic Maths now the have to deal with PWE maths. Fantastic.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited August 2016
    nepht said:

So not only do players have to deal with Cryptic Maths now the have to deal with PWE maths. Fantastic.

kinda odd that they dont have better communication with the numbers, perhaps someone may have fallen asleep on the job ...the shortcut would of been to sweep it under the rug?
    Post edited by catstarsto on

Solved.

Steam sent me a ticket reference, then PWE unbanned me. Man that was strange. A mmo first in my experience lol.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Happy this worked out. Hope you never go through anything like this again.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg

Solved.

Steam sent me a ticket reference, then PWE unbanned me. Man that was strange. A mmo first in my experience lol.

I told you not to panic ^3^

Solved.

YAY!

Now Reborn Monster can stop gloating in zone like he is the only one that supports you.
    Aw, no more conspiracy theories? *throws tinfoil hat in the trash* :<
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    Yay people can finally stop spreading misinformation, I knew this was some kind of accident. I am glad you got it solved tc!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Aw, no more conspiracy theories? *throws tinfoil hat in the trash* :<
    Someone's shutting down all the conspiracy theories??

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!​​

• I wasn't gloating none of you would've offered any help or support had I not made scene in-game.
  • And happy you got your account back not all of us are so lucky alas. Have fun if this is fun to you.
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I wasn't gloating none of you would've offered any help or support had I not made scene in-game.

People saw this before you spammed chat, and no one helped him anyways, cryptic and steam did.

I wasn't gloating none of you would've offered any help or support had I not made scene in-game.

• darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.
This discussion has been closed.