test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get your character drawn in a community group picture! NOW!

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Cool! Yeah I had no idea about the eyepatch, so I'll go ahead and edit that in.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    warriordante24warriordante24 Posts: 13 Arc User
    As the heroes go to battle, one warrior stands before them, alone.A white papered cone shaped hat. A red vest and tie over a button up shirt; Kahki pants and tennis shoes adorn his lower body. In one hand, he holds an assault rifle. In the other hand, he holds..A hot dog, covered in ketchup, mustard, mayo, and relish. Taking a bite out of the hotdog, he tosses it behind him before summoning another one, hurling it at the group with a mighty force, taking aim at the heroes with a gruff "That'll be five bucks. Justice is on a dog now!"
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    If you haven't drawn piffle yet, could you hold off until the august gold reward comes out (if that won't put you behind, that is ... i assume you can skip her and come back if she is in the rotation) ... i soooooo want to put those winged boots on! ... been waitin' ~years~ for those! ... i'll even share my cookies and milk if you say yes!
  • Options
    Sure, no problem. I haven't had a lot of time this week to work on this, and you're pretty far up the chart, so there's plenty of time.

I'll hopefully be able to post an update in the next couple days. Won't be a big one though. :\
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Don't burn yourself out Biff, slow and steady wins the race! This is a pretty monumental task you've taken on...so take your time, don't rush, don't burn yourself out...but keep it up! It's going to look amazing once everything is done.

• Options
    *shares macadamia nut cookies (w/ raspberry jam) and strawberry flavored milk all around*

Piffle's new boots! Happy happy!

piff 004

piff 005

piff 006

piff 007

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Piffle's givin' me diabetes :D
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Okay guys sorry for the looooong delay, got dealt a big hand of real life, but I'll be posting an update tomorrow, and hopefully a lot more frequent!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Smack gotta say this and I think I've said it before but your better than most of the artists DC or Marvel use.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I dunno...he isn't better than Rob Liefeld
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Well duh. Not even the Gods can create as well as Rob Liefeld.

Majestic in ways we cant comprehend or even care to care to comprehend.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options

Hey guess what? Your character will be replaced by the poo emoji .
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hahahaha
  • Options
    as long as it is a poo emoji with an itty-bitty waist and lots of pouches, it may pass for a liefeld original ...
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    @thistleswift1

I don't know, I don't think Liefeld really did smiles...just constipated grimaces of ungodly fury.

Deathwish would fit with the Liefeld aesthetic, ironically. He's all pouches :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Looking at the assemblage as of Update Ten, I think Takofanes just soiled his loincloth.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Okeldokes, finally another update! A couple fixes, and two more characters! (I'll be getting to you soon, Flare.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Well you certainly lived up to your promise to Ealford.

Also sweet, I showed up!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    Ratty's never looked (or smelled) better.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    You didn't get my eye color right! Refund!!!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Great pose, wonderful Mike Allred style on Rune, and I dig that pose, but I was worried the pyramid you have on his chest is final design.

Is it just a guide for the Diamond chest emblem, and the chest pattern red flared out arms part is coming later on in coloring?

For the record, the chest emblem uses two shades of red, a darker shade in metallic for the center larger part, then a lighter shade meant to both give it a subtle three dimensional pop as if the diamond emblem is sticking up from the rest of the skin tight costume slightly, and so the lighter outer edge blends into the light red 'arms' built into the white chevron area of the chest pattern, like those two red parts are flaring out of and part of the emblem, or the emblem is built into the costume ore fully, I guess.

My goal was for the diamond emblem to look as much like part of the pattern on the chest as possible, with those two flared red parts of the chest pattern blending into the emblem.

I sounds like I'm drunk, don't I?
  • Options
    Yeah the red parts I was going to add without outlines because I didn't want that part to look too busy. Your explanation makes sense, and I'll try to get the whole thing right during colors. I wasn't 100% sure about omitting the lines around the red "arms", but your new info gives me an idea of what I can do with it.

Looks like I also missed the bottom trim on the outside of the cape. Oops! Will fix this stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Love the Kirby dots on Rune's energy sword, looks great.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Update 12 is up!

This update is called "OMG FLARE WHY YOU SO BIG?!"

You'll notice he's a big guy, and I've only drawn a piece of him. Since I don't want any one character to dominate the poster, most of him will be obscured by other heroes around and in front of him. If I have to, I will shrink him a bit as well. But it should be good.

You'll also notice that some of the heroes have been scrunched together a bit more. Whenever I put up new characters, I tend to put them up isolated from everyone else so you guys can get a good look at them. Then they get stuffed back in with everyone else. So this'll happen with Flare obviously (by the end all you'll see is his spiky friggin nose!) (just kidding) (maybe). Anyways, end-goal is that nobody dominates, and I'm keeping this in mind, so don't get all jealous that he's all big. :D

Welcome also to the poster Billy Rizer, Luna Mars, Axus, and Black Seraph!

Incidentally, I JUST noticed that Black Seraph has a blindfold on, a thing he has apparently misplaced in this poster. I thought that was a transparent visor thing. Then while closing down my reference tabs on my browser, it clicked that it's supposed to be a blindfold. Joke's on me! I will fix this on the next update.

Also Ratty has been depooed. He will stay this way until he compares me to Liefeld again, at which point I will turn him into another emoji. Maybe the snake, it looks like a green poo.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

Bunni told me he ain't as big as all that.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    It's okay....Biff will make him have small feet.

You know what they say about my men with small feet?

(They were drawn by Liefeld) baha
  • Options
    superjay01superjay01 Posts: 14 Arc User
    I return from work, after 3 agonizing days of 12 hour shifts...AND I AM SO FREAKIN' HAPPY TO SEE BILLY AND LUNA!
    btw, where is Luna's tail? minor detail, but overall, it still makes me an unbelievably happy camper, Smackwell. This is gonna make my week off even greater. Thank you so much. (Don't forget Luna's tail...point point hint hint ka-nudge.)
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Cool! I wonder if, besides adding in his blindfold (can't be a blind avenging angel without a blindfold) you might be able to edit Black Seraph at a few more points:
    1. He should have the van dyke(?) beard/mustache combo. See the close up below.
    2. Any possibility of moving the right arm a bit to show the chains across his torso and spikes on his shoulder (think bad dude biker angel look); i.e., more of the chest area?
    3. Some sort of celestial energy trailing up from the top of his staff?
    4. I'm not all that knowledgeable about perspective and foreshortening, but perhaps the staff is a bit too large or he is a bit small?
    Thanks for all the hard work; looking forward to the finished project!

Update 12 is up!

Incidentally, I JUST noticed that Black Seraph has a blindfold on, a thing he has apparently misplaced in this poster. I thought that was a transparent visor thing. Then while closing down my reference tabs on my browser, it clicked that it's supposed to be a blindfold. Joke's on me! I will fix this on the next update.

photo Black_Seraph_CloseUP_zpssp2dfxro.jpg
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2016

You'll notice he's a big guy, and I've only drawn a piece of him. Since I don't want any one character to dominate the poster, most of him will be obscured by other heroes around and in front of him. If I have to, I will shrink him a bit as well. But it should be good.

Actually, if anything you've over emphasized his size. According to PRIMUS, Flare is only like 17 feet... that's roughly two and a half Captain Adamants (6'5", metal armor wearing guy near center left) standing straight up (which Flare isn't, his body is lurching forward). As it looks, Flare is somewhat in back anyways so I'm guessing you have him around 25 to 30 feet tall or so in this particular picture at the very least.

If you feel size is an issue, a more accurate representation would be to shrink the character by a third (or really, even a half since he's in back) and just call it a day. I personally don't see it as a HUGE issue, just pointing it out. :)

• Options
    edited August 2016

I return from work, after 3 agonizing days of 12 hour shifts...AND I AM SO FREAKIN' HAPPY TO SEE BILLY AND LUNA!
    btw, where is Luna's tail? minor detail, but overall, it still makes me an unbelievably happy camper, Smackwell. This is gonna make my week off even greater. Thank you so much. (Don't forget Luna's tail...point point hint hint ka-nudge.)

D'oh, I dunno how I missed that, I had drawn it in the sketch, too! Haha, will definitely get it fixed with the next update.

Cool! I wonder if, besides adding in his blindfold (can't be a blind avenging angel without a blindfold) you might be able to edit Black Seraph at a few more points:
    2. Any possibility of moving the right arm a bit to show the chains across his torso and spikes on his shoulder (think bad dude biker angel look); i.e., more of the chest area?
    4. I'm not all that knowledgeable about perspective and foreshortening, but perhaps the staff is a bit too large or he is a bit small?

Man, I gotta quit working so late, I'm missing all sorts of details! I'll absolutely take care of all these points.

Actually, if anything you've over emphasized his size. According to PRIMUS, Flare is only like 17 feet... that's roughly two and a half Captain Adamants (6'5", metal armor wearing guy near center left) standing straight up (which Flare isn't, his body is lurching forward). As it looks, Flare is somewhat in back anyways so I'm guessing you have him around 25 to 30 feet tall or so in this particular picture at the very least.

If you feel size is an issue, a more accurate representation would be to shrink the character by a third (or really, even a half since he's in back) and just call it a day. I personally don't see it as a HUGE issue, just pointing it out. :)

Perhaps he's changed it, I was talking to him yesterday and he said 24 feet, or 26, can't remember exactly. Maybe he's still a growing boy. :D

It'll really depend on how much of him ends up being obscured by other characters. I may shrink him down a bit if it gets crowded and such. We'll see!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

D'oh, I dunno how I missed that, I had drawn it in the sketch, too! Haha, will definitely get it fixed with the next update.

Man, I gotta quit working so late, I'm missing all sorts of details! I'll absolutely take care of all these points.

Perhaps he's changed it, I was talking to him yesterday and he said 24 feet, or 26, can't remember exactly. Maybe he's still a growing boy. :D

It'll really depend on how much of him ends up being obscured by other characters. I may shrink him down a bit if it gets crowded and such. We'll see!
    You should make him like a tiny dot in the background
  • Options
    No Problems. Just pointing out the little things. I was surprised when I first looked at the image and he had EYES! :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Oh my biff, Axus couldnt look better! And I cant express my gratitude enough on how you managed to get the pose so perfect. Brings a manly tear to my eye.
  • Options
    superjay01superjay01 Posts: 14 Arc User
    All cool, Smackwell. She still looks impressive and so does Billy (His custom Desert Eagles with that 10'' barrel going on...epic!)
  • Options

Oh my biff, Axus couldnt look better! And I cant express my gratitude enough on how you managed to get the pose so perfect. Brings a manly tear to my eye.

Haha, glad you like it. I had fun drawing him. Had to look up back muscles and stuff. :P

All cool, Smackwell. She still looks impressive and so does Billy (His custom Desert Eagles with that 10'' barrel going on...epic!)

Those are the right models, yeah? That's what I found when I googled for reference.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    There shall be another!

(If I ever finish this one :D)
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    This is coming along fantastically, it looks amazing Biff. Do you have any guestimates on the final dimensions Biff? I need to find a frame for it, it'll be hanging next to my IMAX Guardians of the Galaxy poster in my lair :)
  • Options
    Most likely we'll be going with 26"x39". I'm pretty sure I'll be able to accommodate everyone with that size. I wouldn't go ordering a frame just yet, but I am going to do everything I can to get it to that size since it's a pretty standard poster size (according to my five minute google search... that makes me an expert!).
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Just wondering if you will be including some sort of ID code so we can tell which characters are which? That's a lot of folks.

Will you be doing a version around Christmas asking for everyone's best winter themed character ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    Yeah I plan on doing a Legend mini poster with a number over the silhouette of each character and a list on the side, with characters listed in the same order as the list I posted.

As far as a Christmas poster, sure I'd be down for that!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Okay, so I have until December to set aside the contribution to have Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer added to your next poster. :smiley:​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    With some advance planning the individual characters would be used for holiday cards! :)

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    Hey guys! Posted a new update!

In order to try and speed things up a bit, it would be great if anyone who hasn't done so already, could upload their costume files. While drawing characters, often the screenshots provided don't show me the correct angles I need for stuff, and I end up checking in-game to get parts looking just right. However, this takes a lot of time if I have to end up recreating your costumes, and I'd really like to speed things up.

This is not mandatory, though. But if you don't upload your costume, you should expect to have some degree of discrepancies in your characters' look. Probably not a lot, so if you don't mind a little bit of artistic liberty taken with the design, it's all good.

Characters that are mainly really dark, the details are hard to see in the screenshots. Like Protogen, the armored guy flying at the top of the newest update, his costume was mostly black and I could barely make out the lines of his armor. I got his costume file from him, and it made my life so much easier (and made drawing the character a lot faster).

So yeah! Hope you guys like the update, 5 new characters in it!

(D'oh, always after I upload an image I see something I missed... Black Seraph's staff effects and Protogen's rocket boots effects. Expect them next update!)
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, Protogen looks Amazing :) Nice job Biff :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the tweaks to Black Seraph! Now he looks like a really dangerous healer :) What I imagine for the top of the staff is something that trails upward, sort of wispy cosmic energy.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    cbncbn Posts: 20 Arc User
    Mechakitty has joined the battle! Like the effect on the wings.

Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Keep that Kitty far from me!
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    Over halfway there, Smackwell! Keep up the great work. :)

• Options
    mechakitty looks aweomse! ... *squee!*