test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the Prices in the GCR store too high?

2»

Comments

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

As it is, I keep hitting the scr cap every couple of weeks and having to give heroic gear to some random person in my SG.

I thought it became BoP, like many other recog items.

I think what it boils down to is that really top-tier gear will take a long time for players who don't have a lot of play time, possibly a really long time. That hasn't been true in Champs since before On Alert. For many players, it is a huge change. For old-timers, and for people used to some other MMOs, it is fairly common.
    The cost for older gear/lower tier of gear generally go down in other games as time progresses, I haven't played any other mmo where the devs have hiked prices to such an absurd level. In fact many of those other games price their items according to function/usefulness, they would never have priced something like Batflight so ridiculously high.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Yeah, I kinda want skull flight.

I don't want it enough to pay 250k q, that's over 10 bucks of real money. No travel power in the game costs that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Note that you can't attack or pick up rewards if you are in skull flight, but it does look cool.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Aside from looking cool is there any reason to use Skull Flight?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

The cost for older gear/lower tier of gear generally go down in other games as time progresses, I haven't played any other mmo where the devs have hiked prices to such an absurd level. In fact many of those other games price their items according to function/usefulness, they would never have priced something like Batflight so ridiculously high.

Sure, but in those games were they taking a largely barren currency system and dropping a ton of new rewards into it literally over night effectively overhauling the system in the process? Your basis for comparison is a bit questionable, especially when a lot of these prices that people claim are so super way too high are on items that previously were not acquirable through this system at all ( and in many cases only acquirable through RNG farming with extremely low drop rates ).
  • Options
    When acrobatics just won't get you to where you want to be. E.g. top of a building looking for Foxbat :)

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Your basis for comparison is a bit questionable,

Welcome to the Champions Online Forum! Where the comparisons are made up and the logic doesn't matter!

But no, if we're gonna be technical wasn't none of the q store stuff available before? They're reskins of the crafted travel powers, sure, but they're not 1:1 clones. In every case, imo, the old CTP stuff was a lot cooler. I'd kill for an old crafted electric flight. If you ask me (and I know, nobody ever does) it's near time those went in the q-store for like a mil. They'd still be stupid-hard to get, but it's been years. It's about time to end the exclusivity, because how many of those old vets that farmed em are even still here? Hell, even *I* never bothered finishing that grind, and I had literally all of the everything else. Ain't nobody got time for all that.

As far as I can tell, to make you drain your Q. Of course, I say this and I've already bought 3 of the q-store travel powers. This game's evil if you're a completionist.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    Skull flight is also thematic for me since it is being used by the undead zombie lead singer of the Hex Pistols, Joanie Rotten.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Annoying other people? Pretty sure all of the Q store travel powers are reskins of other travel powers.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, I like travel powers that I can use to fight... Not being able to fight while flying is a reason not to use it. :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User

Scaring the crap out of people with the activation sound?
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just don't find much enjoyment in playing SCR-only content. So I end up with too much GCR and too little SCR. For me the GCR content is so fun that I could care less about the prices.

For others, I'm not sure if it's question of prices or if it's about the reward amount or if it's about the content itself.