test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas for SINGLE BLADE LUNGE - Both for Theme and Utility

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Suggestions Box
HEY EVERYONE I LOVE SWORDS

Thank to recent Dual Blades Lunge for Dual Blades powerframe, we got a really cool and stylish thematic lunge for twinswords

However Due to the amount of characters I own who use Single Blade powerframe, i'm a little inpatient about WHEN we will get a SB lunge! NO I don't want to any other lunge, neither Strike Down, does it make sense to you when someone with a single sword suddenly pops out a second out of nowhere?

I want a thematic lunge to fit my Paladin, Magic Knight, Musketeer and Flying Gargoyle-wyvern who dives
My concept is that a Lunge should NOT only exist ingame to provide movement utility for Melee but it should also exist for Thematic Purposes

The truth is that the Lunge is ALREADY ingame but it;s used by Enemies only (Red Banners) or reskinned from other framework
So the resources and the animation are already ingame, they just need to be reskinned for players usage (Lightspeed Dash, Ego Blade Dash)

DEVs postponed the creation of a SB Lunge since they want all lunges to be unique and have a special effect to benefit each powerframe, so Im gonna throw some unique build in and Advantage abilities to make a SB lunge stand out

Standard build in and Advantage stuff:
  1. Root and Snare
  2. Accelerated Metabolism
  3. Clipping Challenge

List of Sugesstions for unique effects and Advantages
  1. Shredded: Slashing damage debuff for the powerframe
  2. Knock Down Mundane but it would be useful
  3. Bleeds single enemy target and his allies receive a single stack of bleed
  4. Stun
  5. Tree Edged Blade: Executing the lunge Provides a single stack of focus when you are not effected by focus stack (due to the recent change of Reaper's Caress, this will be extreme useful for not Form of Tempest/Swordman/Tiger/Master users)
    (This advantage exist in all MA energy builders but with different names, still same effect)
  6. Slash Cyclone AoE: The lunge is dealing a 10-15 feet sphere Slashing cyclone around the main target! If the target is effected by Bleed, the Bleed stacks are consumed and the damage is increased for each stack (inspired by Ninja styled games)
  7. Line of Damage: The lunge is damaging everything inbtween you and your main target! Everything touched by your blade will suffer damage

Im not asking for Sonic Thrust
of course there is a hidden single blade animation in the game code, but thats more like a cone AoE​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    I vote for shredded
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I would like for a status or damage to be applied in a 10 ft wide aoe in front of the player up to the distance of the target. So it will be like they slashed everyone on their way to the target. Basically, it would hurt everything in a line.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    What about an interrupt advantage?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 740 Arc User
    I picture something related to bleeding, some sort of deep wound that would ruin their healing percentage or that Swallowtail Cut advantage from the Scything Blade's line. That or shredded.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    xrazamax wrote: »
    I would like for a status or damage to be applied in a 10 ft wide aoe in front of the player up to the distance of the target. So it will be like they slashed everyone on their way to the target. Basically, it would hurt everything in a line.

Yeah the AoE Splash damage is basically what I REALLY WANT! Just to be Cool! handsomeonionplz.gif?1 just like my JRPGs
    naciiito wrote: »
    I vote for shredded
    Eh, its boring! i would prefer something more unique
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    What about an interrupt advantage?

if the Lunge has either stun or knock, there is absolutly NO reason for interrupt advantage! Since Knocks and CC act as one
    Besides, interrupts will no longer work on bosses
    qawsada wrote: »
    I picture something related to bleeding, some sort of deep wound that would ruin their healing percentage or that Swallowtail Cut advantage from the Scything Blade's line. That or shredded.

No Trauma/Healing Debuff on a lunge neither
    a power with 50feet range is a no no for Balancing Point​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    making the lunge a 3' cylinder 60' long that terminates when it reaches the target, and simultaneously moves you to the target, would be pretty awesome. Especially if it was a lunge whose damage *wasn't totally anemic*. I'd even be okay with losing NttG option and a root/snare default for that.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User

I'd even be okay with losing NttG option and a root/snare default for that.

But the reason Slice N Dice (the self-proclaimed best Single Blade character in the multiverse) uses his Lunge as much as is he does is because he doesn't actually have a flight power (he's got Teleportation and Acrobatics). NttG is extremely important for his build, as he'd otherwise have no way to effectively fight flying targets.

Also, most of the lunges are fairly generic. They all apply either a Root, Snare or Stun when used from a certain distance and deal a small amount of damage. It's the advantages that give each Lunge its uniqueness, and each Lunge helps accent the powerset it comes from. Single Blade's focus is mostly on Bleeds, so I feel like this would make the most sense. Additionally, Single Blade is fairly single-target, so dealing damage to multiple targets in a Lunge wouldn't really be powerset-fitting (assuming it's even possible due to the engine).

Depending on how exactly the lunge would appear, the advantage could be related to "Impaling" the target on your sword. This is assuming the Lunge looks like some sort of blade-first, thrusting animation, perhaps even similar to a Fencing Riposte (The guy on the Left). This could apply a bleed, or even some sort of defense/armor penetration debuff.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    avianos said:

Eh, its boring! i would prefer something more unique​​

consider that this one has to be in pair with all of the lunges, so not overload it with too many unique stuff
    (that or balance all lunges to be on pair if they arent actually?)
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    Please give me a Single Blade Lunge, my heart cannot fathom to wait </3
    Also my main is still waiting-forever-to-retcon
    naciiito wrote: »

consider that this one has to be in pair with all of the lunges, so not overload it with too many unique stuff
    (that or balance all lunges to be on pair if they arent actually?)

Hey Hey, im not asking for all of those effect together, just throwing ideas
    one effect will be build in the power and the other one shall be an Advantage

there are Lunges like Void Shift and Land Slide who have unique effects to help their frameworks​​
  • Options
    I vote for applying a stack of bleeding and a special advantage that refreshes all the instances of the debuff in a AoE of 10ft.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    How about the Lunge do the slashing damage in a line like was suggested above to (up to 5 targets and use the Decimate Lunge animation with the sword trailing behind you) and terminating at the target converting any of YOUR bleeds on a target into Deep Wounds, and if not affected by one of YOUR bleeds gains a stack and producing a stack of Bleed to all other targets hit in the line...
  • Options
    The Deep Wound effect would be OP since the amount of damage it deals and number of things that it ignores is very high.