test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160512.20 - Bug Fixes/GCR Store

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
Cosmics
  • Qwyjibo's fire hearts now come in red, blue and purple flavors.
  • Adjusted Qwyjibo's pbaoe attack so it could not be used immediately after he summons his fiery hearts.

Misc
  • Adjusted Thrash to heal a larger amount if your target is affected by Deep Wound. It currently only healed you the minimum amount.
  • Fixed the new offensive mods where some could not be slotted into the Cosmic gear.
  • Added two new permanent devices to the GCR store: Punji Stick Trap and Experimental Teleiosaurus Injection.
  • Added Fire Aura Tail, Shoulders and Body to the GCR store as well as BoE versions to Qwyjibo.
  • Added icons and preview images to the new auras.
​​

Comments

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    You are CO's Santa <3
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    You are CO's Santa

So true! Hehehe.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I can already imagine a molten elemental superhero with those new auras. Maybe I'll try Eviscerate+Thrash again. I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with my current self-heal.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Qwyjibo's fire hearts now come in red, blue and purple flavors.

Strawberry, blueberry, and grape, or is one of them a raspberry cop-out?
    kaizerin said:

Adjusted Qwyjibo's pbaoe attack so it could not be used immediately after he summons his fiery hearts.

Much appreciated.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Ooh, more fire auras! Neat. Any chance of getting one for leg/feet accessories as well? ...Probably not at this late date.

And yay for different hearts; that should make it possible to specify target priorities and a kill order.
  • Options
    celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    Attack adjustments so they can't come right after hearts: HUZZAH!

Now, I'll give you 20 global if you rename the hearts Cherry, Blue Raspberry, and Grape.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User

kaizerin said:

Qwyjibo fire hearts, they're magically incindiarious!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Awesome, thank you!!

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    It would also be nice to give the hearts different names, to help with targeting difficulties.
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    Has PTS been down for awhile? I can't get connected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Has PTS been down for awhile? I can't get connected.

It was down because they updated it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    aiqa said:

It would also be nice to give the hearts different names, to help with targeting difficulties.

Id, Ego and Super-ego
    Cause you know, Qwyjibo's struggle with his beastial self and his civilized self.

After you kill Ego, you have to cc Id.
  • Options
    Anyone notice any changes with the update?
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Added two new permanent devices to the GCR store: Punji Stick Trap and Experimental Teleiosaurus Injection.
    ​​
    ...permanent...Punji Stick Trap...

Never before have I been this happy to see feces-smeared spikes.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited June 2016

Anyone notice any changes with the update?

No idea what happened but yeah, there was a small patch. The pts was down very early in the morning, earlier than anyone would reasonably be at the Cryptic offices.

• Options
    Additionally, and the whole community might hate me for it, but how about each heart gives a different buff, say, one heart gives a damage buff, one heart gives damage resistance and one heart heals Qwyjibo? So that there is a difference in taking the hearts in a different order/CCing them in a different order.
  • Options
    How about also having the hearts spawn their own lava pools? If you want difficult that is.
  • Options
    Because adding an extra layer of complexity to the fight equals making it more difficult?
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Hi Kaiserin, great work, loving everything. Just letting you know:

BUG - Nightmare Invasion Auras are Bound-to-Character rather than Bound-to-Account

Not sure if that is intended. I can totally see them being Bind-on-Pickup (like with other events, I've got a number of Halloween ones), but those were Bound-to-Account. As we're coming to the event and people are "cashing out" their Elysium Coin event tokens, this has become an issue I'm hearing about in chat.

If that is NOT a bug and working as intended, please let us know. Some people would be upset as that is an unexpected change from previous Auras, but at least we would know for certain.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options

Hi Kaiserin, great work, loving everything. Just letting you know:

BUG - Nightmare Invasion Auras are Bound-to-Character rather than Bound-to-Account

Not sure if that is intended. I can totally see them being Bind-on-Pickup (like with other events, I've got a number of Halloween ones), but those were Bound-to-Account. As we're coming to the event and people are "cashing out" their Elysium Coin event tokens, this has become an issue I'm hearing about in chat.

If that is NOT a bug and working as intended, please let us know. Some people would be upset as that is an unexpected change from previous Auras, but at least we would know for certain.

The Auras are intended to be bound-to-character. Kaizerin mentioned it in the previous patch notes. Lots of player were upset by it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    The auras are intended to be bind on pickup.

No patch notes for the recent pts patch, nothing was put in that would be player facing. Stay tuned for a big update on Friday!​​
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Stay tuned for a big update on Friday!​​

[Hype Intensifies!]

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

I'm not excited at all.

• Options
    kaizerin said:

The auras are intended to be bind on pickup.

No patch notes for the recent pts patch, nothing was put in that would be player facing. Stay tuned for a big update on Friday!​​

Ok, can't wait for friday!
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

hmm? ok lets wait~
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Could the next pts update please include:
    • Turning off the Nightmare Invasion event
    • Add to the debugger store the Fire auras that are not already available (only 3 are in the store). Missing: [Fire Aura: Tail][Fire Aura: Body][Fire Aura: Shoulders]
    • Addition of that one secret thing you are working on (Choice of secret thing left to dev discretion).
    Not sure if the areas covered by the Flame Aura for body is working properly (that is why it would be nice to have it in the debugger). It isn't covering the entire body. This may or may not be intended.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    Fire Body aura isn't applying to robot arms/legs.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Spinny's excited because he already knows what it is. Unfortunately Euro 2016 starts tomorrow, so I (and any other self-respecting European) officially don't care about whatever you're up to until about the 6th July (CO or the Czech Republic vs Croatia? Only one winner there). Bear that in mind when you're setting finale deadlines.
  • Options

Spinny's excited because he already knows what it is. Unfortunately Euro 2016 starts tomorrow, so I (and any other self-respecting European) officially don't care about whatever you're up to until about the 6th July (CO or the Czech Republic vs Croatia? Only one winner there). Bear that in mind when you're setting finale deadlines.

Secrets, secrets everywhere. I wonder if the secret I found a few months ago is what they are releasing friday. Only one way to find out.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User

Secrets, secrets everywhere. I wonder if the secret I found a few months ago is what they are releasing friday. Only one way to find out.
    What are you talking about? Kaiz isn't building a death ray and holding the world to ransom. Totally not happening. Nope, nosiree.

*puts on Tinfoilhat and goes to hide in Basement*
  • Options
    celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RG2mgfjegEo
  • Options
    evil-fluttershy-laugh-o.gif​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Wasn't the tinfoil hat give away a couple of months ago? :)
  • Options

Wasn't the tinfoil hat give away a couple of months ago? :)

In fact, it was april's give away.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    ok you buffed Qwyjibo

can you please now FIX the MI Volcano Meteors which ignore knock resistance stacks?
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

ok you buffed Qwyjibo

can you please now FIX the MI Volcano Meteors which ignore knock resistance stacks?
    ​​

I read that this was working as intended.

Personally I think it adds a RNG factor to wether things will go smoothly or to hell, which does not appeal me. On more than one occasion when main tanking I get meteored during hearts, fire breath or into a pool of lava away from healers, worst occasions when the meteor hits just as I was popping Masterful Dodge, causing it to go into cooldown without applying the effect.

If at least there was a 2 second indicator as to where a meteor was gonna fall so you could dodge it, I wouldn't have a problem with them. But suddenly dieing and things going out of control when halfway through the last bar cause of RNG is a bit irritating.

And I am a guy who tends to be ok with most other changes and mechanics.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Knocks NOT applying Knock resistance and ignoring the Block doesn't seem working as intented to me​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    avianos said:

Knocks NOT applying Knock resistance and ignoring the Block doesn't seem working as intented to me​​

This. We have mechanics. They should work in all applicable situations.

Of course, there's also a stupid number of AI knock attacks that don't create knock resistance stacks or obey knock resistance at all. AI shotgun, chestbeam, and probably tons more. Fixing this across the board should be a high priority. Especially if you want to get players in the habit of actually using block, block has to actually work and accomplish something against lesser content.
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

never though something like this would look evil
    o-o
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

• Options
    naciiito said:

kaizerin said:

never though something like this would look evil
    o-o
    It was only a matter of time. Kai has gone mad with power!!

Anyways, those meteors really do ignore knock resistance. Then again, knock resist is a total joke so...
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

If at least there was a 2 second indicator as to where a meteor was gonna fall so you could dodge it, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

I always see an effect appear on the ground a good while before the meteor hits. Feels like it shows up about 3 or 4 seconds in advance. It's kinda yellowish brown.

Btw I don't think they're meteors, I think they're big burning rocks that come flying out of the volcano.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Btw I don't think they're meteors, I think they're big burning rocks that come flying out of the volcano.

Pyroclastic Bombs.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

lezard21 said:

If at least there was a 2 second indicator as to where a meteor was gonna fall so you could dodge it, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

I always see an effect appear on the ground a good while before the meteor hits. Feels like it shows up about 3 or 4 seconds in advance. It's kinda yellowish brown.

Yes I know there is an indicator, but I meant something a lil bit more obvious, because at melee range, specially from the tank side, it's imposible to make out what's what between the trail of the Fire Breath + the Lava Pools.
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

Yes I know there is an indicator, but I meant something a lil bit more obvious, because at melee range, specially from the tank side, it's imposible to make out what's what between the trail of the Fire Breath + the Lava Pools.

It's a very old effect so I'd be impressed if they could dig it up and do anything to it without breaking all of monster island.
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    What is this surprise? Has it happened yet today?
  • Options

What is this surprise? Has it happened yet today?

still nothing thus far
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

• Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Thanks, brother. I'm at work with no access. With Kaiserin's fiendish laughter still reverberating in my ears.
  • Options

Thanks, brother. I'm at work with no access. With Kaiserin's fiendish laughter still reverberating in my ears.

Typically they don't update on fridays till around 7-8pm west cost time.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

lezard21 said:

It's a very old effect so I'd be impressed if they could dig it up and do anything to it without breaking all of monster island.
    This made me laugh out loud hard at work. You're probably right.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I know I'm waiting like.. ooh what is it.. soexcitedgoannaburstwhatisitdrvingmecrazytellmeknow!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
This discussion has been closed.