test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nighmare Invasion on a Scale 1-10

Comments

• Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    im done with the event, got the one thing i wanted (holy water) and 3 mediocre costume bits...
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I've got say, Farming event currency for this long is a good way to burnout a large group of players. They might end up leaving the game for weeks.

I hope the next new event won't be this tiring.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    xacchaeus said:

im done with the event, got the one thing i wanted (holy water) and 3 mediocre costume bits...

That is exactly what I ended up doing. I doubt I will even use the costume parts now. I can't even remember all three--two bone spikes things, and . . . ?

The Holy Water power is useful, and I retconned my main healer to take it.

Though I got tired of the event, I will say that it has generally helped the main Zone population get better about teaming, asking for impromptu teams, and working together. It's not perfect--heck, it's not even great, but it is way better than a year ago.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

not even new...isn't nighthawk's thing coming up soon?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

not even new...isn't nighthawk's thing coming up soon?​​

Wasn't Nighthawk last November?

Anyway, I am done with this event and thankfully so.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I liked this thing at first, but well, it should be a two week event with a boss reveal on week two, not a three week event with no changes over its duration.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah, maybe next time the event comes around we'll find out who the new avatars of the Kings of Edom are?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Anyone ever figure out what the duplicate of Golden Seraph is for? There's a second one floating high in the air on the east edge of the map.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Anyone ever figure out what the duplicate of Golden Seraph is for? There's a second one floating high in the air on the east edge of the map.

Oh, is that where it is? I thought it was off the map. It's probably a bug.
  • Options
    She seems to be stuck in the invisiwall at the map edge. I can sometimes get an interact button to appear, but it doesn't work.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    If you go outside the map, you can talk to her. She's exactly the same except everything in her store costs 100 coins.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Just kiddin'. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

Just kiddin'. :P

Bah, before I even went to the effort of falling through geometry holes.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I still never got the 1 item I wanted most out of the event... Holy Water... but honestly I don't care to slog through that knockfest to scrounge up enough tokens for the power... I got the Loose Sleeves costume at least... And at least I know I'll use those on more than just 1 character...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I managed to interact with Seraph 2!

It works when using standard flight, I haven't succeeded with vehicles.

Also I had fun making a new Nem using the event costume parts:

Yeah, I used the default blue/yellow colors. I just felt like trying to make that as terrifying and intimidating as I could :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

I've got say, Farming event currency for this long is a good way to burnout a large group of players. They might end up leaving the game for weeks.

I got a bunch of costume pieces, holy water, and a vehicle. Then I stopped farming event currency because I was done. Anyone else who feels burned out can do the same - if they choose to keep going after it's no longer fun, that's their own issue and they're likely doing that with any content they get into anyway. Nothing that a shorter event can solve.

On the other hand, for those people who can't get on as much, a longer event gives them more time to get the things they want. Remember, not everyone can farm hardcore every day for a short event.
  • Options
    Yeah, I only got a chance to play on around 14 of the 21 days it was active.

STO has events that might last 6 weeks, like the Risa event that starts tomorrow... Events that last only a week or two make me confused... It's like... BLINK AND YOU'LL MISS IT!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I grew tired of the event, too, but running it three full weeks was a good idea. In the end, there was enough time for many players to get tokens for two or three expensive items.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,051 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    So happy this event is FINALLY Over! The game dropped the colossus daily and went back to normal some minutes before the server went down for Maintance!

PRAISE THE SUN onion-54.gif

Really got tired of this event, the Enviroment illumination is giving me a headache! The way it effects Costumes, Colours and Auras is really eyesore

I had been doing the dailies with 4 characters to get specific costumes and the Holy Water!
    After I got everything I wanted, i continued doing the dailies each day

After a while I complety stop hunting for the Colossus daily, and only did the portal and terror siphon
    Now each on has at least 400, I will be ready to buy new costumes/powers the next time this event comes back

I didn't bothered getting any of the auras because of the Bound on Character bullshit. The character I wanted specific auras weren't made yet and since i cannot get them and store them in my hideoutbanks they were a waste for me​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,393 Arc User
    The colossus fight wasn't what caused the burnout for me, it was the other missions, killing horrors and worms. With the colossus fight I felt I usually had something to do, with the other missions, especially the worms, I was hunting down groups more then killing them. If this event comes back here are my suggestions to make this a better event:
    1. More ways to farm. Adding the prize pack at the end was a nice touch as you could sometimes get coins from it, but maybe a mission we can run over and over to farm all those skulls.
    2. Increase the drop rate of the colossus. Three weeks of running the event and only three drops from the colossus: three action figures, and I ended up with doubles at that.
    3. Add more worms to the map. Usually if you take out 3 siphons you only have 18 out of the needed 25 worms. There were a couple of groups of worms not guarding a siphon but they were few and far between, We need more worms guarding the siphons or more small groups of worms.
    4. I would like it if the colossus had more distinct tells for his attacks, and in this case I'm speaking of the symbols, the BOOM is clearly marked, but he has an invisible sword attack and a lightning attack that have tell symbols that either look very similar or are completely the same. The Lightning attack is very problematic as tanks fleeing out of range of a possible sword attack will get teammates killed with the AoE of the lightning.
    5. If you insist on making us team, make teaming as simple as it is for the open world missions, i.e. the Team Up button; or, let people queue like they do for alerts to quickly form teams. Making something hard does not encourage team work, making teaming up less of a hassle does.
    Anyways, those are my thoughts, I didn't hate the event, and as it went I felt a lot of the wrinkles were ironed out. If I were asked today how I'd rate it I might give it an 8
  • Options
    I never found teaming hard, just say LFT in zone chat and you'd usually get a team in a minute or less.

But yeah the number of worms needed for the daily was weird.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    and they didn't count towards their associated perk....
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

I would like it if the colossus had more distinct tells for his attacks, and in this case I'm speaking of the symbols, the BOOM is clearly marked, but he has an invisible sword attack and a lightning attack that have tell symbols that either look very similar or are completely the same. The Lightning attack is very problematic as tanks fleeing out of range of a possible sword attack will get teammates killed with the AoE of the lightning.
    Tanks trying to back out of the sword attack are (1) terrible tanks and (2) being stupid (since the range on the sword attack is crazy far, you won't back out of it in time). If you're a target and you don't want to be, you need to block and just sit there, because there is no avoiding the hit, and moving will just get people killed. But especially if you're a tank - your job is to eat hits so other people don't have to, why are you trying to avoid them?
  • Options

Tanks trying to back out of the sword attack are (1) terrible tanks and (2) being stupid (since the range on the sword attack is crazy far, you won't back out of it in time). If you're a target and you don't want to be, you need to block and just sit there, because there is no avoiding the hit, and moving will just get people killed. But especially if you're a tank - your job is to eat hits so other people don't have to, why are you trying to avoid them?

I've been forced to tank the colossus without a tank and getting out of the range of that sword thrust is crazy easy. I assume you haven't tried? As soon as you see the tell that he's going to special attack all you all you have to do is back peddle away at full speed. I've done it a bunch of times. That lightning on the other hand . . .

Here's the thing, the sword thrust, if I know that's the attack, I can dodge out of range and charge back into range after he finishes the attack, however the lightning attack will deal about 18k to non tanks if you're not blocking or just start blocking too late, Whereas the sword thrust might kill you if you are blocking but don't have healers supporting you. So if you're a not a tank moving away from the sword thrust is in your best interests but staying put and eating the lightning is in everyone else's best interest.
  • Options

I never found teaming hard, just say LFT in zone chat and you'd usually get a team in a minute or less.

But yeah the number of worms needed for the daily was weird.

When I had friends on that needed help I was always happy to team, but I really don't like having to recruit or join other groups in zone. The larger problem though was that I discovered that I could solo these fights and thus I didn't need to team up. I would have if I hadn't needed to use zone, when ever I fought the colossus I teamed up, but teaming up there was simple. There was no need to switch zones, find your team on the map, or even choose the targets. If you want us to team make teaming painless.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    guyhumual said:

I've been forced to tank the colossus without a tank and getting out of the range of that sword thrust is crazy easy. I assume you haven't tried? As soon as you see the tell that he's going to special attack all you all you have to do is back peddle away at full speed. I've done it a bunch of times. That lightning on the other hand . . .
    Here's the thing, the sword thrust, if I know that's the attack, I can dodge out of range and charge back into range after he finishes the attack, however the lightning attack will deal about 18k to non tanks if you're not blocking or just start blocking too late, Whereas the sword thrust might kill you if you are blocking but don't have healers supporting you. So if you're a not a tank moving away from the sword thrust is in your best interests but staying put and eating the lightning is in everyone else's best interest.

I've been hit by the sword attack like 40' away from him. If i suddenly become his target as not a tank, chances are he's lunged at me and my travel power is disabled, so moving more than 40' in the couple seconds of tell isn't really possible.

On the other hand, so long as it doesn't break your block and you keep blocking for the DoT, it's quite possible to survive the sword thrust even as a squishy DPS. It's when it breaks block that DPS tend to die. So i've found my best odds of survival are to hold block and hope someone steals aggro so i don't have to eat subsequent attacks while i'm waiting out the DoT.

Also, i really don't want to be responsible for getting someone else killed. Moving away will tend to rotate him at least a little bit, and change the path of the sword thrust.
  • Options
    Ah, well usually I'm at his feet, the only toon I used that was out of reach was my two gun mojo character, and so he usually doesn't need to shadow lunge to get to me. I can't say that I've ever experienced that sword thrust going that far. I feel like you could probably escape the range even without travel powers so long as I started moving the moment I saw the tell for a special attack. However, as I said, you couldn't block and back up, that wouldn't get you out of range fast enough, especially without travel powers, and so you'd need to know what you're doing instantaneously and with that lightning attack choosing wrong can get a lot of other people killed.
  • Options

guyhumual said:

I've been hit by the sword attack like 40' away from him. If i suddenly become his target as not a tank, chances are he's lunged at me and my travel power is disabled, so moving more than 40' in the couple seconds of tell isn't really possible.

On the other hand, so long as it doesn't break your block and you keep blocking for the DoT, it's quite possible to survive the sword thrust even as a squishy DPS. It's when it breaks block that DPS tend to die. So i've found my best odds of survival are to hold block and hope someone steals aggro so i don't have to eat subsequent attacks while i'm waiting out the DoT.

Also, i really don't want to be responsible for getting someone else killed. Moving away will tend to rotate him at least a little bit, and change the path of the sword thrust.
    Someone rotating im was the cause of most of my deaths at collosus... I stood behind him always, and as long as I was behind him I was fine and only had to block his large AoE. But someone would almost always rotate him when he was on his sword thrust and I'd die because I didn't have time to block before it hit at that point.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Rotating Collosus makes me glad I keep Skullcrusher in my HW build so I have a power that allows me to keep putting out good dps while remaining mobile. That fight often became a game of ring-around-the-rosie to stay alive... and it was a blast :smiley:
  • Options
    i had that issue during the event too...had to keep constantly moving to keep up with the spinnytop colossus - and even then it would often flip 180d and catch me with a thrust because someone ALSO behind it stole aggro at the last second​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

Bad lighting. Really bad lighting. And another supernatural theme instead of a superhero theme. Rewards are (bleh) bone costume pieces. The holy water power animation is kind of lame and the power is wack: I was hoping it did extra damage against demons and undead but nope. The game is turning into wicca/furry/emo/dragon/nephilim online.
  • Options

i had that issue during the event too...had to keep constantly moving to keep up with the spinnytop colossus - and even then it would often flip 180d and catch me with a thrust because someone ALSO behind it stole aggro at the last second​​

Eh, my problem was that in the 50% or so of fights with no-one deliberately tanking you got to play "chase the bouncing giant monster". At least when it's attacking me I know where it's going to be.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Rotating Collosus makes me glad I keep Skullcrusher in my HW build so I have a power that allows me to keep putting out good dps while remaining mobile. That fight often became a game of ring-around-the-rosie to stay alive... and it was a blast :smiley:

I just floated in the air above his head. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

And another supernatural theme instead of a superhero theme. Rewards are (bleh) bone costume pieces. The holy water power animation is kind of lame and the power is wack: I was hoping it did extra damage against demons and undead but nope. The game is turning into wicca/furry/emo/dragon/nephilim online.

Haha! Buddy, that ship sailed years ago.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe the Roin'esh will invade MC for the next special event? OHHH! They're shapeshifters, so do it during Foxbatcon. Suprrise! I'm not Foxbat puny human!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The game is turning into wicca/furry/emo/dragon/nephilim online.

Art reflects life.

PS - you forgot to stick "anime" in there.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

Bad lighting. Really bad lighting. And another supernatural theme instead of a superhero theme. Rewards are (bleh) bone costume pieces. The holy water power animation is kind of lame and the power is wack: I was hoping it did extra damage against demons and undead but nope. The game is turning into wicca/furry/emo/dragon/nephilim online.
    I had absolutely no problems with the lighting.
    I have to turn the normal lighting down.

so Foxbat is out- emo.
    Therakiel and Tako is out- demon and undead, fantasy
    Lemurians are out- lizard people
    when did we get a dragon?

can't use any of the gangs, they aren't super.
    ARgent is a business,
    Hunter patriots are a bunch of volunteers, so non super
    Viper is just humans in armour with weapons
    Psi you might be able to use, if you can stop the ones in charge arguing with each other.

so what exactly do you consider a superhero theme?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelk said:

Psi you might be able to use, if you can stop the ones in charge arguing with each other.

I love this about Psi... it makes them one of the most realistic supervillain groups out there... I mean seriously... if youve got superpowers and your evil, what are the odds that youll listen to another villain? No, your going to fight amongst yourselves everytime your objectives differ.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    The Cult of the Red Banner has Death Dragon as one of their patrons. You actually fight him in one of the Westside stories. You know that tower with the red beacon above it that shoots up into the sky? yeah, the dragon lives in(or is summoned to?) that building. I DON'T think it's the same dragon you encounter in the Hi-Pan alert. That dragon is green... and a Long dragon. Death Dragon is a red-orange humanoid dragon.

Not exactly a major villain though. But as patron deity of the Red Banner cult he's probably got the power to be a more serious threat.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    death dragon was pretty pathetically weak for a deity...considering you're going to be around level 15 or so when you face him​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Yeah.... I was kinda surprised that I had to fight a being who's supposedly a GOD ... and Kevin Poe puts up a better fight. At least when he fights, apparently Poe is scared of Death Dragon as he runs out of the building screaming like a lunatic as soon as he sees it.....

The army of mooks in that mission is hilarious, you can just stand in the back of the room and snipe them one at a time until Hi Pan and Death Dragon are the only enemies standing. Unfortunately you can't snipe Hi Pan and you have to fight both of them at once.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    well, the dragon DID just kill the leaders of every other westside gang right in front of him...i'd be running screaming like a lunatic too​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

death dragon was pretty pathetically weak for a deity...considering you're going to be around level 15 or so when you face him​​

One of the things I've always loved about Champions is that your level doesn't always reflect your capability as a superhero. In the tutorial, before it was changed by a newer developer who didn't see eye-to-eye with the previous developers, you were the hero. You actually kept going and saved Defender in the battle with Black Talon. The player kicked **** real hard, more so than the greatest superheroes in the story, and that was amazing. You weren't just a low-rent McSidekick, you were a HERO from the beginning.

So you facing down the Death Dragon at level 15 is nothing. It's run-of-the-mill world-saving for a superhero. It's your Issue #5. Level is just a gameplay mechanic; it has no bearing on how powerful your character is supposed to be. You're freakin' super from the get-go. You're fighting crime because it's the right thing to do, not because some guy 50 levels higher than you is above doing it for some strange reason.

This is one of the things Champions did right from jump street.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Nothing to see here, move along, shows over.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options

One of the things I've always loved about Champions is that your level doesn't always reflect your capability as a superhero. In the tutorial, before it was changed by a newer developer who didn't see eye-to-eye with the previous developers, you were the hero. You actually kept going and saved Defender in the battle with Black Talon. The player kicked **** real hard, more so than the greatest superheroes in the story, and that was amazing. You weren't just a low-rent McSidekick, you were a HERO from the beginning.

So you facing down the Death Dragon at level 15 is nothing. It's run-of-the-mill world-saving for a superhero. It's your Issue #5. Level is just a gameplay mechanic; it has no bearing on how powerful your character is supposed to be. You're freakin' super from the get-go. You're fighting crime because it's the right thing to do, not because some guy 50 levels higher than you is above doing it for some strange reason.

This is one of the things Champions did right from jump street.
    I agree, I liked that aspect of the game, you didn't feel like the NPCs were more powerful then you, just better established, and the low level adventures were more you making a name for yourself then trying to become more powerful. The mission advancement is pretty clear as you work with the local MCPD, do jobs for PRIMUS on a national scale, till you're finally working with UNTIL in international hot spots like Monster Island. Hitting 40 isn't so much reaching your peak potential so much as it's being recognized by UNITY, the elite super hero response team of UNTIL, that you're capable of handling the big stuff.

Knowing that even low level characters can help out in these big open world missions just furthers this notion that you're not getting more powerful, maybe you're getting better control of your powers, but mostly you're just getting better connected.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    oh, trust me...you WILL feel that NPCs are more powerful than you when you stumble across purple-bordered enemies (which i believe is what indicates an enemy at least 4 levels higher than you, and depending on where you are - likely more)

and defender forbid you stumble into a cosmic by yourself...there won't be enough left to bury in a matchbox​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    I still think they should use Death Dragon in some sort of event. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

oh, trust me...you WILL feel that NPCs are more powerful than you when you stumble across purple-bordered enemies (which i believe is what indicates an enemy at least 4 levels higher than you, and depending on where you are - likely more)

and defender forbid you stumble into a cosmic by yourself...there won't be enough left to bury in a matchbox​​

Well sure, but, that's just game mechanics. Obviously you can't be soloing Cosmics at level 3, for game purposes. But for story purposes, your character is top-notch from the start.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

One of the things I've always loved about Champions is that your level doesn't always reflect your capability as a superhero.
    While true, my experience is that the death dragon fight doesn't feel particularly epic, even at level 15.
  • Options
    Well, that's why I think he needs to come back in content meant for higher level characters :) Then we can see his full power. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters