test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160512.5 - Bug Fixes

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,751 Arc User
    No, I don't think that Thrash hps should necc be cut in half, but it does def need a considerable reduction, imo. Perhaps they could make the healing start out stronger but give less return at higher Bleed stacks, but overall I don't think the values should stay as they are.

Its not really that hard to build bleeds on fights where the heal would matter, as panta already outlined it won't matter much on minor targets that die quickly anyways. On bosses, that 8-12 sec is minor to the overall fight time, and also given how bleeds can be refreshed. Yet its vs. bosses where that healign will likely matter most.

So no, I don't think the extra setup is a good reason to have Thrash's 5x bleed hps double that from DE w/ Phleb (and again, Phleb is a special adv that focuses on healing for DE still being half the amount vs. Thrash, still takes a bleed_poison stack itself, and is quite less dps from losing a normal rank).

Besides which, any deficiencies w/ Regen should be addressed w/ the passive itself, not w/ heals from other powers (which ur gonna get more due to these changes anyways).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

as for screens:

Oh....oh my...
    That is quite....something. Hate to criticize, but the default costume looks like it was generated by pressing the Random button in tailor. I'm almost want to make a proper costume for this AT....
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

I think the predator costume looks cool. It is supposed to be some sort of toxic beast after all. Those sorts of things generally aren't pretty.

Well . . . there's "aren't pretty" and there's God Awful. :D
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Flow, thanks for taking time to articulate your concerns. I like the mechanic you mentioned, where there's a proportionate decrease of some kind per bleed. That could balance nicely.

Not having gone to PTS yet, there's one thing I'm unclear on. Do healing bonuses apply to Thrash's healing like they do for DE healing? If so, I agree that some downward adjustment may be necessary.

Just not cutting it in half. That seems excessive. They've already made getting bleeds and enrage stacks a slower and perhaps more tedious process for a Bestial build. This may lower initial DPS early in a fight too, won't it?
  • Options
    Yea, Thrash's hps portion is affected by the usual bonus heal modifiers.
    And if it didn't then I would call that a bug and want it to be changed anyways, since then its not functioning like most other heals in the game as far as scaling, and eliminating scalars like that leads to less build diversity anyways.

I am unsure how stacking bleeds would be slower now, though, as Shred still has its old bleed proc rates (that are still doubled by an Enrage-granting toggle), and Frenzy can now also stack bleeds like Shred. Unless ya mean the changes to Bite, which I'm not that keen on atm. I also assume that the bleed refresh on Massacre is being removed to make Eviscerate more unique (and Bite's Scent of Blood is supposed to also refresh Bleeds), but I wouldn't necc be against it returning to Massacre w/ some more re-balancing.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Thanks. I was afraid Thrash wouldn't be effected by healing bonuses, just bleeds. Resurgence isn't effected by healing bonuses, I don't believe.

Yes, I did mean Bite. Does Frenzy get bleed generation rate now as Shred? I missed that, admittedly. I'm glad to hear it, though. I have one Bestial build, and refused to take both Shred and Frenzy. It just feels like unnecessary duplication. I'm with you on Massacre too.

Thanks again for taking time to discuss your views, Flow.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

Oh....oh my...
    That is quite....something. Hate to criticize, but the default costume looks like it was generated by pressing the Random button in tailor. I'm almost want to make a proper costume for this AT....

Honestly, when I think toxic creature, I think of the various "plant" themed supers and villains. Not a wolf. But if it must be a wolf, the costume creator is capable of so much more... even if the colors could be toned down a bit it would be an improvement.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    How do people not realize that the costume is just placeholder. I mean it can not not be placeholder.

.. just in case it's not placeholder, it would really be some sort of disaster honestly. Anyone can do better than that. Don't send it live, okay ? Be reasonable.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    Mechanical Monstrosity Skins

Poison Spider Skin:

Red Spider Skin:

Steampunk Spider Skin:

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Steampunk Spider Skin:
    SteamSpider_zpssiusmrs7.jpg

Curse the SIlver Status colours limitations, curse them all!
    This is the BEST SKIN! ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,439 Arc User
    Might be cool if the default costume used bug parts; that would match with the whole spider aspect of the lockbox.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    avianos said:

Steampunk Spider Skin:

SteamSpider_zpssiusmrs7.jpg

Curse the SIlver Status colours limitations, curse them all!

This is the BEST SKIN! ​​

You can always sub for a month and change the skin. After the sub is up and customizing will remain. You cant retcon however. If you retcon everything goes back to default.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    When struck by an attack from less than 20ft, applies Cornered. Cornered gives you a 5% resistance buff (this resistance buff is the same as a resistance buff from a passive power) and increases your knock resistance by 25%. Can stack up to 3 times and lasts 10 seconds.
    this one is neat! (and frankly sounds op for me)
    also..... dam neon wolf
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Might be cool if the default costume used bug parts; that would match with the whole spider aspect of the lockbox.

Absolutely this. With the spider theme dominating right now, the default costume should be an insect monstrosity, even a robotic insect.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Double posting while editing

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LOL it went live and wasn't actually placeholder.

Hah..

Well oookay.. there goes some of my faith, this actually makes me sad.

It's an actual money generating game, not some kind of joke ! Have you lost your mind ? Look at that stupid thing.. would anyone want to BUY this in the store with their wallet ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I will describe this AT's Default costume as: Vomit

Holy crap its BAD
    You would think with such a rich Character Costumization we would get a better costume
    Even the Z store picture is NOT using the AT's outfit, but the beast lady from the beast framework​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos said:

I will describe this AT's Default costume as: Vomit

Isn't that its theme? o3o
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    psychedelic dog vomit... inmean seriously for a game known for its costume creator thats the best you can do? should have held a cc to pick one...
  • Options
    I made a costume for the Predator AT just before the maintenance, but it look too similar to two werewolf heroes I know.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I find myself wondering if the Predator outfit actually is a temporary outfit that got uploaded by accident. The news article doesn't use this outfit. While not currently Gold, I decided to attempt an adjustment. Kept approximations of the colors but rotated them around and kept some of the the "mutated monster" elements instead of just making it a generic werewolf.

I also find myself wondering if the female Behemoth default outfit is going to get the Huge stance.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    Regarding Antagonize's aura... is it possible to make it optional? or just remove the glowing eyes. It doesn't match most Bestial heads.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Condemn from Infernal Supernatural got a 1 Min and 33 Seconds Cooldown without reasons
    The CD works on tap as well and it doesn't show the number cooldown on the power tray!
    Possible mimicking a Device
    Vegance from Celestial works fine​​
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

I find myself wondering if the Predator outfit actually is a temporary outfit that got uploaded by accident. The news article doesn't use this outfit. While not currently Gold, I decided to attempt an adjustment. Kept approximations of the colors but rotated them around and kept some of the the "mutated monster" elements instead of just making it a generic werewolf.
    I also find myself wondering if the female Behemoth default outfit is going to get the Huge stance.

- Huge stance for females is awesome. So happy that finally happened.
    - looking at the screenshot in the announcement and the artwork for the new Predator AT. I believe the original costume was meant to use the Roi'nesh head. Since that head isn't free, maybe that's why we have the puke-green costume.

• Options
    Steampunk Spider Skin:

if that whole thing were gold, it would look like a dwemer automaton from elder scrolls​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Bug:

Golden Seraph & Steel Arachnid can be taunted away from their locations by OV's. OV's can drag them around the rencen by attacking them, interfering with the event. Yes. Someone was doing this today.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    BUG: The lunge from Mechanical Monstrosity doesn't seem to scale up in dmg w/ rank.

Yes, I did mean Bite. Does Frenzy get bleed generation rate now as Shred? I missed that, admittedly. I'm glad to hear it, though. I have one Bestial build, and refused to take both Shred and Frenzy. It just feels like unnecessary duplication. I'm with you on Massacre too.

Oh I missed this, but Frenzy's chance to bleed is a bit lower than Shred's, though they both get doubled via an Enrage toggle. Shred atm is 25%/25%/50%, and Frenzy is 15%/15%/50%. W/ the right toggle, this means that full combos of either net at least one bleed every time.
    avianos said:

BUG: Condemn from Infernal Supernatural got a 1 Min and 33 Seconds Cooldown without reasons

The CD works on tap as well and it doesn't show the number cooldown on the power tray!

Possible mimicking a Device

Vegance from Celestial works fine​​

That is really bizarre, but I just double checked and yeah it seems that Condemn has a fixed cd like some devices atm.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Bug: Eviscerate Taps do NOT refresh bleeds, instead it STILL consumes them... no deep wound on taps though wich is correct...

Bug: Bite does NOT refresh bleeds OR poisons with it's special advantages unless their are enemies within range to spread the DoTs too.

Suggestion: Return Bleed Refresh to Massacre, the other changes to the power were balance enough, the bleed refresh removal was unnessisary... OR... just make Bleeds & Poisons refresh when stacked...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Nightmare Invasion: can we please have enemy knock powers looked at? Many of the nightmare invasion mobs don't apply knock resistance stacks. Some can knock you even if you do manage to pick up 3 knock resistance stacks.

(There's plenty of other instances of enemies not obeying knock mechanics throughout the game, but nightmare is making it really obvious this needs to be given a priority in getting fixed).

Can we get a choice between Parry and Antagonise block powers for the Savage AT?

Antagonise is an OK block power, but I'd rather keep using Parry, besides the AT was sold with Parry and this new block plays different.

Don't replace powers completely on Premium ATs with something entirely different, leave it as a player's choice if possible. And it is possible, since block enchancer is not a starting power.

Parry is much better block power especially with Regeneration not being that great as a tanking passive. It allows for using this AT as an off-tank. This new block, can't say it's a must-have. You'll sell more of premium ATs if they are giving more choices. Mandatory replacing Parry will be more of a forced downgrade.​​

Welcome to what happened to Devastators...
  • Options
    jadejade3jadejade3 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Enrage stacks granted using knock powers with Aspect of The Bestial
    Not sure if this was intended, doesn't seem like to me.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    jadejade3 said:

If it's the % to stack Enrage, it works for both, Might powers still use it, they changed Cleave from doing it in Heavy Weapons, so no fast stacking.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just dropping a note here so it doesn't get forgotten. Tested this to verify.

BUG: Activating orbs during the nightmare colossus fight barely nets you any points. Doing just orbs during the fight will note get you enough points to get rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @rtma not %. Knocks grant enraged! stacks when you have Enrage passive on. Bleeds and Poison grants enraged stack when you have Aspect of the Bestial on. Though atm, knocks are granting enraged! stacks when Aspect of the Bestial is on, without any bleeds or poison applied. If this is intended then, not much point taking Enrage anymore I suppose, as you can take both knock powers(might) and bestial powers and get enraged! stacks from both as well, which wasn't the case before patch iirc.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jadejade3 said:

@rtma not %. Knocks grant enraged! stacks when you have Enrage passive on. Bleeds and Poison grants enraged stack when you have Aspect of the Bestial on. Though atm, knocks are granting enraged! stacks when Aspect of the Bestial is on, without any bleeds or poison applied. If this is intended then, not much point taking Enrage anymore I suppose, as you can take both knock powers(might) and bestial powers and get enraged! stacks from both as well, which wasn't the case before patch iirc.

Cleave used to use 25% chance to stack enrage, double if enraged, before they replaced it with knock down, which works with cooldown, atm Room-sweeper can stack multiple times if conditions are met, since AoTB counts as Enraged, the only thing it doesn't count is the knock cause it doesn't proc that, but the 50%? over half charging, hitting multiple targets can stack, is what I'm referring to.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    since AoTB counts as Enraged, the only thing it doesn't count is the knock cause it doesn't proc that
    Exactly. But the new AotB is counting knocks to proc enraged! stacks. I get what you are saying, but I'm not talking %'s to proc etc.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    jadejade3 said:

Exactly. But the new AotB is counting knocks to proc enraged! stacks. I get what you are saying, but I'm not talking %'s to proc etc.

What knock is it counting?
  • Options
    jadejade3 said:

Just verified this by testing on some KB/KU powers from Might and Force. Indeed, it seems that AotB is working w/ knocks, both melee and ranged. This should def be patched out.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    - Bite still doesnt refresh furious
    - Thrash seems to crit much less than it's supposed to, on a build with 30% crit chance (including vindicator specs) I got under 20% crits. I tried this a few times and that was after I heard someone else mention it.
    - Lots of the knocks from the nightmare event creatures do not apply knock resistance stacks.

Bug (not really changed on PTS, but related to the newer content:
    - AoRP still bugs blocking, by far the most often for the character that has AoRP slotted, but it still happens for others too.
    - Teamup regularly show a level 0 character in teamup (someone that is still in teamup even though they are not in the teamup area or even online), any characters in a group with one of those will not get any auras applied to them. I think the aura bugging is not directly related though. In a normal team when the team leader is not in the same instance as the aura source and target, auras fail to work too. That level 0 character is probably the first one in that teamup group, so is treated like the team leader.
    - There are often 2 separate teamups in 1 teamup area. You can only join the secondary teamup when clicking the teamup button for the first time. If you then leave and join again you always join the correct teamup.

And a guess. Since teamup obviously doesn't initialize or clean up properly for some players, and team setup apparently affecting how auras work, maybe that interacts with other things like the blocking bug.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Suggestion:
    Since almost none of the single target bestial attacks actually stack bleed or poison, keeping up AoTB can be a bit tricky on some builds. Having bleed refreshes also refresh enrage would help a lot.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG: Live
    Void AT
    ok Void is wrong, SS stats are ego/pre/con
    but Innate stats set is Con/end/ego + 10, dex +8,​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Nightmare Demolisher knock TO doesnt apply Knock Resistance

BUG: Enemies can STILL apply Nailed to the Ground and ignore your Freedom Buff

BUG: Energy Builders dont work on Terror Siphons

BUG: THe Bloodmoon NPCs who explain the event are active and their dialogue state that this event is bloodmoon​​
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Having played around with the new bestial stuff for a while now. The performance of the individual powers seems fine or even on the high side, but the set has turned very gimmicky, even more so than HW which was already more gimmicky than other sets.

For bestial you now need a power to build bleeds and shredded, and another to refresh it, and another for actual high dps. And many of those powers are single target or at most a cone AoE. All in all you need (want) 4 effects, bleed, shredded, furious, and enrage, I think more of those should come natural with a convenient and natural power rotation in stead of having to go out of your way to make sure everything stays active.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Bug: There seems to be an invisible power or area ability which applies Nailed to the Ground at random points throughout Downtown. This is most apparent around DEMON's area. This usually occurs when engaging a group of horrors (one of the smaller groups). After a while they cease attacking, look at you then your travel powers turn off.

Bug: Regal Flayer's hold VFX is somewhat inconsistent on players. Sometimes it is normal (chains pour into the ground and then shoot up around your character's hands) and other times it appears like "a future chain hold power" and binds the top half of your character like Bolas or Tanglecoil Launcher, like so:

The above is a potential issue as it also seems to occasionally bypass blocking mechanics.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Bug: Aspect of the Bestial mouseover tooltip still claims it only stacks from bleeds, rather than bleeds and poisons.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Bug:
    Light Tendrils emanating does not respect animations. When you fly at full speed, there are tendrils emanating from where your feet would be when standing upright.
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    One thing I dislike on this version of bite is how dependent it is on the bleed mechanic, because:

1. There are not any particularly reliable bleeds in bestial or any other set except blade

2. It's now difficult to justify bite in a general non bleed build thanks to the offensive nerf it received to compensate for its bleed buff

A lot of bestial characters may thematically want bite but not the claw animations, and others would want claw animations but not bite. I think it was a good thing how bite was a little bit independent of the bestial set earlier.​​
This discussion has been closed.