test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just my imagination...

Or is there absolutely no difference between cloth/leather texture for chest emblems? Normally "leather" items have a shinier finish to them, but the chest emblems seem to have the exact same texture/finish as the regular cloth ones. Or is this just my imagination?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Try adjusting the angle. Sometimes leather doesn't show as any different than cloth until the light hits it just right.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    aesica said:

Try adjusting the angle. Sometimes leather doesn't show as any different than cloth until the light hits it just right.

Yeah I looked at different angles but am not seeing anything. And FYI, I have this emblem set on a leather textured shirt, so they should both be showing a leather texture under the same lighting conditions.

That said, can you actually see the leather texture on the chest emblems, or is your above post just a general guess? Because if you can actually see it then that means the problem is my graphics. But I want to confirm one way or the other.

PS: here is an example of what I am talking about. In this first picture, both the shirt and emblem are set to cloth texture:

In the second picture, both the shirt and emblem are set to leather texture:

Notice how the shirt has the shininess but the emblem looks exactly the same in both pics?

So yeah, I'd really love to know if this is my graphics or a problem with the game itself. If someone wouldn't mind, could you go into the character creator, pull up a chest emblem, and them switch back and forth between cloth and leather texture and see if there is a difference? And if there is, can you please post a pic? Thanks!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    try looking at it outside the tailor.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yep, did that too and there is NO shine on the emblem. I

f you can make a leather emblem that DOES have that shine, can you post a pic?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    And here is an outside the tailor pic showing what I am talking about:

As you can see, there is none of the typical leather shine inside the emblem space. It is all the flat cloth texture, even though it it set to leather. This seems to be the case with every emblem I have checked. So once again, if someone is able to create an emblem that has the leather shine in the light, please post a pic.

If someone else is able to do that, then that means there is something wrong with my graphics. If not, then there is something wrong with every single emblem in the game, which would be beyond absurd.

PS: I set both colors of the emblem to the same so there would be no variation in the textures, so that is not a bug.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    There's no difference.

I think the material is missing.

But emblems are generally a P.O.S. in the game. They have the same mapping for males and females, except equivalent for male is max possible volume of breasts on females, so they end distorted on anything but breasts slider set to max.

Good job.​​
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    even with bust at max. my character has the delta symbol.
    have you seen a triangle with 5 or more sides.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

There's no difference.

I think the material is missing.

Well I'm glad it's not my graphics. That said, I have to wonder: is this something they broke recently, or has this been broken since launch?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thecegorachthecegorach Posts: 60 Arc User
    I haven't checked out any of my toons with leather emblems yet, but I know they used to show the proper texture. So if it's broken, I believe it's recent.