test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC_31_20160406_0314A.15 - Claw Weapon-Bracer Pack/May Reward/Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Cosmic
Made it so a countdown displays on the giant monster open missions to indicate when the open mission will reset.
All Cosmic open missions reset after 4 hours.
Made some tweaks to the scoring system. Rewards are still placeholder.

ZEN Store
Added Claw and Bracer pack. This pack includes a variety of Martial Arts: Claws weapons and bracer costume variants. Available on the Debugger.
Added Spirit Wolf action figure. Not currently available on the debugger.

Drifter Store
Added Flea and Flea Swarm auras.

May Gold Reward
Added Shoulder Cape as the May monthly gold reward. Available on the Debugger.

FX Changes
Reduced the amount of rocks Cave In creates to help with performance.
Foxbat Ping Pong Ball FX should now vanish after a few seconds.

Costume Changes
Added Huge and Huge Beast stances to females.
Fixed a bug where the Gladiator Sword hands were not displaying under Both on females.
Fixed a bug where the claw stance in the tailor was not properly flipping the left claw weapon.

Misc
Fixed a bug where the WASP SE vehicle was changing into the wrong vehicle when upgraded.
The Training Chariot shouldn't vanish with most player costumes now.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Huge stance for females, that's going to be awesome.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Claws look snazzy. Nice work. though still wish we had a drill claw...

Bug: Shoulderpad cape's shoulderpad clips through the body when the player model raises its arms.

This happens on male characters at the very least.

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Bug: None of the claws adjust to body scaling
    Where it happens: tailor (male specifically; female not tested)
    What happens: parts of the claws disappear into the hands/arms
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Drifter Store

*wonders if @gentlegiantvexx will be getting either of these for his giant puppy*​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2016
    heroshima1 wrote: »

The weapon versions will not scale with any scales other than the hand scales, that's just a limitation with our weapon system.

The bracer versions should scale properly.​​
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    !Huge Stance for females!

Huzzzah!!!!!!!

Can someone post pics of the new claws and bracers?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016

kaizerin wrote: »

Drifter Store

*wonders if @gentlegiantvexx will be getting either of these for his giant puppy*​​

*Is thankfully clean! Thanks to the detroit river*
  • *Is thankfully clean! Thanks to the detroit river*

if you've been bathing in the detroit river, you most certainly aren't clean...only the hudson in new york is more polluted​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

heroshima1 wrote: »

The weapon versions will not scale with any scales other than the hand scales, that's just a limitation with our weapon system.

The bracer versions should scale properly.​​

Oh, so that's why weapons don't have their own slider. You'd think the claws would be the same size as the hands. Still, it sorta makes good wolverine claws.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Should we expect new stances available in the future? Just curious.
    (Well, not really new, just stances npcs might have)
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ninjapiff said:

Hey, does this have anything to do with the suggestion meeoeoowie made in the Costume Suggestion Thread?

After looking at the new fist weapons/bracer skins in-game, I can verify that they are EXACTLY the same weapons found in the image posted. I feel I should mention that the image itself was made by CO devs in the past, and was just never created... we thought. Seeing as this was posted 12 days ago, I highly doubt these new weapons were made from scratch.

What else has been already mostly done, then put aside and forgot about? o_o
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Hi all
    Ok some feedback first
    nice bracers and claws but the bracers and claws do not line up, if you have chosen both types to use (clipping issues)
    I was under the impression that the bracers were a permanent decoration, representing the actual claws (if claws are used in a build)
    In regards the shoulder cape, been waiting for this, but suggest other types of capes, especially one which would be wider and partially cover the arm(s). that would look really cool. So far none of the capes in game does this, which I feel is a shame
    also in regards to others, could the ones already in game be attached as an option? (so web, tattered etc)
    hope this helps

oh and a shame you did not include the chainsaw bracer
    not enough chainsaws imo
    Post edited by frankendreadz on
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Claws look snazzy. Nice work. though still wish we had a drill claw...

Bug: Shoulderpad cape's shoulderpad clips through the body when the player model raises its arms.

This happens on male characters at the very least.

Same thing happens with Gladiator Shoulders, I assume it has something to do with how it's being attached to the body, instead of moving with Shoulders it moves with the torso, that's why It doesn't move with your arms.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    *Snikt*

Looks like my primal hunter, Stalker, will get a second chance now :)

Awesome to see these finally make their way online. Any chance the chainsaw claws could show up down the line as well?
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

​​

Does this mean males will be getting the Vixen and alternate Beast stances that females have? :tongue:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    pics of claw weapon plz
    Psi.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    cyrone said:

kaizerin said:

​​

Does this mean males will be getting the Vixen and alternate Beast stances that females have? :tongue:
    Excellent idea ^^

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited April 2016
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/1046220-art-corner:-melee-weapons

Those are the wepons from the pack, minus the lights saber and chainsaw claws
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    We have no plans for future stances, just testing out existing ones.​​
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/1046220-art-corner:-melee-weapons

Must have that lamppost heavy weapon....

So, is this claw pack an indication that much of the art asset work was done for those never released weapon packs?
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    lamppost heavy weapon with fire coming out of the lamp end (cause the glass would be broken of course)...
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Hopefully someone will consider closing, or at least giving us the option, the mouth of the Huge beast stance.
    1.) It's pure speculation on my part, but I suspect Kais and the other Devs are plumbing past concept arts for new ideas on content.

You'll notice that the guitar Axe we received was first conceived in this same concept pack ensemble.

FWIW, I think that's a great idea. I know I was bummed when this set never materialized.

2.) You can close the mouth for the bestial stance my altering the character's facial expression.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Would sharing the female stances with males be possible? Could be fun, useful, and folks are always looking more stances.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Here's an existing stance that would be interesting to test out

SUGGESTION: Add in the "hovering" stance that the Become doomlord and Become celestial devices use when their respective travel powers are not active
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

Must have that lamppost heavy weapon....

So, is this claw pack an indication that much of the art asset work was done for those never released weapon packs?
    Sweet... maybe one day there will be PSI or Holo claws... one sweet day.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Request/Suggestion: Please add an "Imaginary" unlock for Fist Weapons. Since some of the fist weapons available in this new pack are also Bracers, I'd love to use the bracer variation without holding another fist weapon. It just looks silly. If there could be an option not not show a fist weapon in combat, and just use the Bracer, that'd be great.

I'm underwhelmed.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Request/Suggestion: Please add an "Imaginary" unlock for Fist Weapons. Since some of the fist weapons available in this new pack are also Bracers, I'd love to use the bracer variation without holding another fist weapon. It just looks silly. If there could be an option not not show a fist weapon in combat, and just use the Bracer, that'd be great.

You already can,I've used imaginary weapons with claws. melee weapons​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Yeah, Stalker is using the same combo. Unfortunately, he's a bit too buff to pull it off any other way. Overall design still looks shiny though :)

As far as Imaginary weapons being added to Z-store packs...I'm gonna go with a no on that. I spent a lot of effort unlocking them during Foxbatcon, and I feel like anyone else wanting them should put forth an equivalent effort.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

As far as Imaginary weapons being added to Z-store packs...I'm gonna go with a no on that. I spent a lot of effort unlocking them during Foxbatcon, and I feel like anyone else wanting them should put forth an equivalent effort.

I don't recall them being terribly hard to unlock (I unlocked them a year ago), the big problem is that they're only available for a single short period once per year.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kaizerin said:

So are NPC stances a possibility? Or do you mean only the stances within the tailor? Apologies for the off-topic comment.

Very excited about the claws and also quite glad on the timer on Cosmics, since it helps people that want to *avoid* the Cosmics (perhaps use the areas for their own reasons and intentions) and, mainly, the people who want to hunt them.

Thank you for the extra stance options for females.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • lanternjacklanternjack Posts: 20 Arc User

kaizerin said:

So are NPC stances a possibility? Or do you mean only the stances within the tailor? Apologies for the off-topic comment.

I'd love to see the "Static" stance from the tailor menu added as a playable female stance if we're expanding the use of existing assets. It's so much nicer than the current female "Average" stance.
    A little disappointed how awful the new claw costume pieces look on large chars. You'd think the bracers would look bigger on them. But they just look like one of those friendship bracelets.

Here's to hoping that there will be a good costume piece for us giants~
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    We have no plans for future stances, just testing out existing ones.

Would sharing the female stances with males be possible? Could be fun, useful, and folks are always looking more stances.

normal-1.gifoh please, just to see some of the big armoured males use Vixen stance and walk​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Suggestion: consider adding qwyjibo's flaming fur pieces and teleiosaurus's head(since we got raptor heads) as rewards

Who said anything about an imaginary weapons pack in the Zstore? If anything, add Fist Weapons to the Melee Imaginary Weapons Unlock (and give it to people who have it already retroactively) or just add it to this new Fist Weapon Zstore set (and, once again, give it to all the people who already bought the set). If absolutely nothing else, at least think about adding it to Foxbatcon's rewards for next year.

I'd love to not have to wait an entire year for it, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Do you want the new bracer without the weapon part protruding from it? If so, that would be a different costume piece altogether. The idea for the weapon bracers is for characters who want their claws out at all times. There are several costume pieces already like this.

There's already an imaginary weapon skin for claw weapons.
This discussion has been closed.