What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160210.33 - Animal Pack/Foxbatcon/Bug Fixes

2»

Comments

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Since we have squirrel tails, can we get a squirrel head option?
  • Options
    huntajack1334huntajack1334 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Suggestion : Add a cobra head and skin types matching the new rattlesnake skin texture. Also I read about a crocodile head being added (non skull one) didn't see it anywhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is but one generation, a good name is FOREVER!
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User

How about a better squirrel tail...one that's animated.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    cyrone said:

One that also doesn't clip most of the female head in all standing stances would be nice too.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Suggestion : Add a cobra head and skin types matching the new rattlesnake skin texture. Also I read about a crocodile head being added (non skull one) didn't see it anywhere

There is already a crocodile head in the game. Though they could add a more realistic one, like they did with the new heads.
  • Options
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    Suggestion: Add the collar of red snake.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Devastator.

Don't mind the EU that much.. but since it scales on END it's a bit weird. It also locks the AT into being built to maximize on Clinging flames. Though it is amusing to become a Brimstone Spam machine. :). At 40 I can SPAM brimstone endlessly, not sure if that's WAI. But it burns through mobs quite quickly.

I disagree with Cleave being useless... Cleave is the AT's bread and butter attack in early levels. You pretty much spam cleave the first half of your career as a Devastator. So don't touch cleave. When players leave feedback, they often forget about the early game or low level players.

Suggestion:
    Give the AT a choice between a self heal or the Energy unlock. That would open up the playstyle a bit. Right now the AT is locked into choices that require using Clinging Flames.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    cyrone said:

Funny you should say that...There's an animated Squirrel tail on the PTS now.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016

cyrone said:

Funny you should say that...There's an animated Squirrel tail on the PTS now.
    *faints*

Haven't done anything CO except forums for a while now.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    huntajack1334huntajack1334 Posts: 37 Arc User

There is already a crocodile head in the game. Though they could add a more realistic one, like they did with the new heads.
    Yes I know this, but I was indeed meaning what you said. Also for that matter, add skin textures that can work with tights etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is but one generation, a good name is FOREVER!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Devastator.

Don't mind the EU that much.. but since it scales on END it's a bit weird. It also locks the AT into being built to maximize on Clinging flames. Though it is amusing to become a Brimstone Spam machine. :). At 40 I can SPAM brimstone endlessly, not sure if that's WAI. But it burns through mobs quite quickly.

snip

I disagree with Cleave being useless... Cleave is the AT's bread and butter attack in early levels. You pretty much spam cleave the first half of your career as a Devastator. So don't touch cleave. When players leave feedback, they often forget about the early game or low level players.

It should be possible to make cleave playable at 40 and still be fine at level 1. Damage does scale with level and SS after all. Also, it should be possible to make the Great Power advantage something players might actually care about.

level 1-16 lasts about 2 hours, btw, so it's not really a significant portion of the character's lifespan. (And it wouldn't even matter if cleave was a little OP for those 16 levels).

Brimstone could already be spammed endlessly. The EU adds literally nothing and players would be better off just ignoring they have it than trying to contort their playstyle to incorporate clinging flames for unnoticeable e-returns. Taking Aftershock on Brimstone is a net dps reduction for zero benefit.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Power Chord's new change is phenomenal. Thanks for adding this.

Opening the Stereo Glide Hoverpack unlocks the skin automatically without having to use the skin unlock item it gives you.

Okay, making an action figure for literally every mob is becoming so out of hand that its disgusting.​​
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    avianos said:

Suggestion: Add Rhino and Boar (Chimera Swine) Heads in the pack as well! Now its the chance​​

YESYESYESEYESEYESEYESEYESEYES
    (bet you didnt noticed i started to spell eyes?)
    But seriously though we would love you forever if this happened.
  • Options

Suggestion: add extra heads: raccoon , owl, pitbull, panda, bat

add saber-teeth as an extra part to tiger head

add crocodile tail

Would be cool if you added several animal horns as well
    ​​

Also YES
  • Options
    BUG: While walking the Dog tail strectchs abnormally.
  • Options
    DON'T add Rhino and Boar head to the pack, but instead make them drop in game like they were originally supposed to.​​
  • Options

DON'T add Rhino and Boar head to the pack, but instead make them drop in game like they were originally supposed to.​​

They were? Where?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would love another bear head: Panda would be awesome.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    The male character do not have the hyena, the dog, the lion or the bull heads.
  • Options

The male character do not have the hyena, the dog, the lion or the bull heads.

Yes, we know, this has already been stated several times.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Very odd, after testing some more I can't reproduce the lower damage I got this morning. Looks very much like I made a mistake somewhere, just no idea what it is.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User

They were? Where?
    The Rhino head should be a rare drop from White Rhino in Moreau's Laboratory in Monster Island. The Hyena Swine head should be a rare drop from the mission Besting the Beast Master from Father Elk in MI too.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    DON'T add Rhino and Boar head to the pack, but instead make them drop in game like they were originally supposed to.

No... just NO!

The Chimera Swine mission/instance is not even Repeatable!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Then make them repeatable. And put them in the Silver Rec store as a purchasable option.​​
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    I hate to be "that guy" but the character's name is Hyena Swine, not "Chimera Swine". The Manimal you fight in the Open Mission is named Chimera.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited March 2016
    I want to ask for one bug fix that's long overdue;

Fix Foxbat's face. I mean seriously, I forget when they did it but they made a change that broke his damn mouth and it's been this vulgar, unprofessional pair of lips that aren't even attached to his face for the past few years now. Please, for the love of all that is Champions, let's get Foxbat's faced fixed for Foxbat Con for once.

Yea, even went to make sure I wasn't crazy... please fix this hideous thing and put his face back to the way it use to be.;

CdtfIt6UAAAgODc.jpg:large​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

Fix Foxbat's face. I mean seriously, I forget when they did it but they made a change that broke his damn mouth and it's been this vulgar, unprofessional pair of lips that aren't even attached to his face for the past few years now. Please, for the love of all that is Champions, let's get Foxbat's faced fixed for Foxbat Con for once.

Yea, even went to make sure I wasn't crazy... please fix this hideous thing and put his face back to the way it use to be.;

Nothing wrong with his lips.
    photo Champions Online_2015-03-05_19-48-15_1.jpg

It's a mood that we (apparently) won't ever get.

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'm baffled at the energy cost change to Skewer. I've never known that as an "I-Win" button.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    cutegirl86cutegirl86 Posts: 4 Arc User

photo Champions Online_2015-03-05_19-48-15_1.jpg

Orgasm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Picture by BaneofTerrents of my character Vixen Val)
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Foxbat minion costumes, good. Some people have been wanting that for a long while. Maybe I find some use for them, but still, good one.

New permanent devices for fun? Thank you!

Ooh more hoverboards? Thank you²!

I may not use the Animal parts, but I'll get that set right as soon as I can, the variety of choices is always greatly loved, I would request making some more animal body parts, we don't have *that* many as of right now.

The change to Vicious Descent is great, I always prefer picking that over Decimate! I'm not sure why you're hitting on Skewer's cost, but can we have something that benefits off Clinging Flames on the Devastator AT? Maybe some changes to Skullcrusher (It looks awesome, but it could use some damage boost, in my opinion).

The Rockstar skill tree seems pretty legit, I don't see any complaints at the moment.

I believe I speak for many right now, thank you for the Power Cord root change and advantage!

TK Maelstorm change is very appreciated, I can finally use it without having to worry about lagging my friends to death!

"Dodging no longer plays a blocking animation" OH MY GOD... THANK YOU!
    (Although, I'm sure all of us know, I believe it should be said "Dodging while under Lightning Reflexes no longer plays a blocking animation" since at other occasions you do not block).
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

Considering he's not suppose to be a Joker, but more of a Deadpool, but anyways, I am well aware why we will probably not get that mood, other than the fact we haven't gotten a new mood or any new stances since the launch of this game and it has to do with a certain character type, since I am fairly certain a fair number of people will make their homages/clones if that mood were present :p That and the fact that mouth isn't even animated nor does it animate.

983afc828f2a088cf2d9b18d4ddce87d.jpg​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    DON'T add Rhino and Boar head to the pack, but instead make them drop in game like they were originally supposed to.

what? you mean make people go and do missions to get something.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    chaelk said:

what? you mean make people go and do missions to get something.​​

Do what they did with other devices from the Vendors, complete a Perk to be able to purchase it, done?

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Now all we need is like a footprints aura, but with paw/hoof/lizardprints, then it'd be complete, haha!
  • Options

Now all we need is like a footprints aura, but with paw/hoof/lizardprints, then it'd be complete, haha!

Why stop there? Make all costume pieces use/fit Animal heads and be done with it, I don't see it happening cause, Business so whatever.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    So...what were the changes in .35?
  • Options

So...what were the changes in .35?

Tweaks to Darkness and Heavy Weapons powers along with other things, assuming they're all hitting live. *Hasn't checked yet*

• Options
    thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Dont think they are hitting live yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I suspect the HW changes won't be hitting live until the Rockbox goes live. Given that they just announced a flashback week? Yeah, probably not until the 24th or thereabouts. Might see some tweaks peaking through, I'm doubtful for it as a focal point.
  • Options
    I suspect the HW changes won't be hitting live until the Rockbox goes live. Given that they just announced a flashback week? Yeah, probably not until the 24th or thereabouts. Might see some tweaks peaking through, I'm doubtful for it as a focal point.

I doubt it's going live until Foxbat Con comes out which means you got a few weeks.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    *nods* Also possible. Pity, I got a rockstar concept waiting in the wings for this to hit :)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2016
    Foxbat face is broken because it's not animated. Lips stay in this smile even when he talks. Looks hella weird and not like a smile at all.
    It miiight be made on purpose because someone back then saw his Foxbat for President illustration in CU books, but in practice it did not work at all as a 3d game animation.
    100% uncanny valley even with CO stylised graphics.​​
    Post edited by meedacthunist on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well it's why I want it gone really. Foxbat is a less murder induced Deadpool, not a constant grinning gibbering person that the face makes him out to be, and actually if used right is one of the most dangerous super villains in the CU.

Hell even seeing the Foxbat for President face, still doesn't match up :-/

foxbatforprez.jpg​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    it doesn't match up because ingame foxbat's lips are way too...puffy is the word i'd have to use to best describe WTF is going on with that joker-grin - you should be able to see more of his teeth like you can in that poster thing​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    So...what happened to the pts? Its been down since yesterday.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Bobblehead aura - Basically a "give me a GIANT head" aura. I expected some bobble out of it.

The animal heads and tails are all pretty good. Can't wait to see them finished up with customizable eyes and such.
    Suggestion: Make the tips of the Kitsune tails be a different channel like the old foxtail so we could have a white tip or such.

Also, I've gotta say after testing it, I'm kind of underwhelmed by the sparkle hair texture. I honestly expected it would give the hair texture an effect similar to the Sparkle Skin aura, instead, it makes the hair nigh-invisible except for the sparkles. You can still get the effect I expected by using the second hairstyle and choosing the same hair, so I can kind of see why you decided to make the hair invisible. It's just a bit too invisible, IMO.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    kallethen said:

Bobblehead aura - Basically a "give me a GIANT head" aura. I expected some bobble out of it.

The animal heads and tails are all pretty good. Can't wait to see them finished up with customizable eyes and such.

Suggestion: Make the tips of the Kitsune tails be a different channel like the old foxtail so we could have a white tip or such.

Also, I've gotta say after testing it, I'm kind of underwhelmed by the sparkle hair texture. I honestly expected it would give the hair texture an effect similar to the Sparkle Skin aura, instead, it makes the hair nigh-invisible except for the sparkles. You can still get the effect I expected by using the second hairstyle and choosing the same hair, so I can kind of see why you decided to make the hair invisible. It's just a bit too invisible, IMO.​​

Well, it DOES have a glow channel that's pretty hard to miss when applied.
This discussion has been closed.