Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151210a.46 - Bug Fixes

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

kaizerin said:

If any of you think there are certain devices that need their cooldown looked at for this update, please make mention of them.​​

Heroic Resonance. 30+ Minutes is to long. Also, why do we get five? When you use one, you put all on CD. So having multiplies is rather retarded.
    Without the unnecessarily vulgar language, it is pointless - use one, and they all go on cooldown for the same length of time. With a new toon, one of my first stops is at the bank so I can put the four utterly useless HRs in there and out of my way.

Also, Triumphant Recovery needs not to have that "start cooldown on equipping" thing, or needs a shorter cooldown, one of the other. Or you could give everyone more equipped slots, but it seems to me that this would be the most difficult possible solution to the issue.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    If any of you think there are certain devices that need their cooldown looked at for this update, please make mention of them.

OH SHOOT!
    Well there are plenty Open Mission Devices/Pets which I don't Own neither have Knowledge of... BUT!
    • Totemic Helm: (the permanent Version) Its a Device Dropped by ICE DEMONS during Canada Crisis or by the random ice demons in the normal Canada
      This device has a 1+ hOUR COOLDOWN for NO REASON
    • Triumphant Recovery (ALL Versions, they should NOT be effected by the automatic Cooldown on Device Tray) THe cooldown after use is fine
    • All Healing PATCHES/DEVICES sold by ingame vendors: think of the Archetypes :|
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    jonsills said:

kaizerin said:

If any of you think there are certain devices that need their cooldown looked at for this update, please make mention of them.​​

Heroic Resonance. 30+ Minutes is to long. Also, why do we get five? When you use one, you put all on CD. So having multiplies is rather retarded.
    Without the unnecessarily vulgar language, it is pointless - use one, and they all go on cooldown for the same length of time. With a new toon, one of my first stops is at the bank so I can put the four utterly useless HRs in there and out of my way.

Also, Triumphant Recovery needs not to have that "start cooldown on equipping" thing, or needs a shorter cooldown, one of the other. Or you could give everyone more equipped slots, but it seems to me that this would be the most difficult possible solution to the issue.
    They should just remove the CD from Triumphant Victory in my opinion.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Worse for triumphant victory, if you use the last charge, and don't immediately slot another one (you know, right after coming back to life and being vulnerable to damage), you're going to look at your device tray if you happen to die again and go 'crap'. I know i've seen (and played!) ATs in rampages like Gravitar which used Triumphant twice in the same rampage, but you don't have time to slot a device after rezzing against someone like Gravitar, and the recharge not counting down while you're playing means you might as well not have another in your inventory at all.

Other devices:
    Heroic Resonance - any CD on slotting is too much cd. But the CD times are *minimally* like 30 minutes, and go all the way up to over 100 minutes. (Note: displayed cd benefits from cdr. I don't actually know that it benefits in reality). That's crazytown for not having even used the damn thing. (Honestly, if the best one had a 5 minute cd, it would probably be fine, and might actually see real use!)

Vehicles - no reason to have to wait 30s after slotting a vehicle to use it. They're glorified travel powers.

Any other charge healing device: yeah, it's like 5 minutes, but really...

That megaphone you get in Resistance: iirc it has a 10 min cd. Now, it's crazy long for what it does, but 10 mins on slotting when you haven't even used it yet xP. Suggestion: 3 minute cd is probably not short enough yet. 1 min cd might make it actually playable.

Backups! - the permanent ones are what, like 16min cds? After the damage nerf I barely see them used, but I can't imagine slotting it to wait that long just to use it.

I'm sure i've got more random stuff sitting around, but those come to mind.
    Post edited by squirrelloid on
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Bug: Explosive Temper device leaves you posing like a zombie after using its second follow up attack.

Artist rendition: ( r xAx)r

Bug? Sounds like a feature. I've wanted a zombie stance in this game for *forever*.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User

BUG: 1) Shredded does not refresh; 2) Shredded does not stack at all, a Shredded debuff from another player will instead REFRESH Shredded.

Correction, they will stack. (Sorry, didn't know partner was using Rend & Tear)
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Necrulitic Elixir either needs its cooldown cut down to something like 6 minutes base. Or needs to be able to equip multiple.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I am still waiting for you to point out a device that does impact someone, even for fun devices, that isn't exploiting. So far, for you to declare their to be a major impact to people who don't swap devices around to begin with, you are burdened with the levy of proof that this some how, magically affects them. This is like like trying to claim that changing an energy builder to more directly benefit it's primary set is going to impact someone that doesn't use that energy builder or set at all. IE, it doesn't.

It's going to affect ATs and casual players negatively, IMO. ATs who rely on healing items will find they need to wait on cooldowns if they need to swap in fresh healing devices for used up ones. TRs are also something that you can't just swap in.

For casual players, it will cause a need to wait before doing something if they decide to change devices before doing something. This might eat into a limited playing schedule.

I do see a reason for causing a cooldown when swapping in, I do not agree with it being the devices normal cooldown. Make it a flat cooldown that isn't punishing for all devices. Like how in Neverwinter, if you swap your skills outside of a campfire it forces a small cooldown (10 seconds I think) before you can use that power.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    I have no idea what you people are talking about. I fully support this to prevent people exploiting device items.
    aiqa said:

Necrulitic Elixir either needs its cooldown cut down to something like 6 minutes base. Or needs to be able to equip multiple.

Mmm, no. It's cooldown on PTS is the same as it's cooldown on live, doesn't need a change. The Elixir is strong enough as it is, and you definitely do not need multiples.

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Omega-Destroid Stomp will probably need to be looked at, since it has an absurdly long CD.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kallethen said:

For casual players, it will cause a need to wait before doing something if they decide to change devices before doing something. This might eat into a limited playing schedule.

[Insert animated gif of person laughing hysterically]
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

xrazamax said:

Bug: Explosive Temper device leaves you posing like a zombie after using its second follow up attack.

Artist rendition: ( r xAx)r

Bug? Sounds like a feature. I've wanted a zombie stance in this game for *forever*.
    Huh... interesting that you say that.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    kallethen said:

I do see a reason for causing a cooldown when swapping in, I do not agree with it being the devices normal cooldown. Make it a flat cooldown that isn't punishing for all devices. Like how in Neverwinter, if you swap your skills outside of a campfire it forces a small cooldown (10 seconds I think) before you can use that power.​​

Yeah but some things don't have any cooldown or are negligible...
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    - Added Glass, Psionic, Shadow, and Ghost materials to the Nephilim wings, Therakiel wings, Back Halo and Epic Halo costume pieces.

You're adding these back to the loot tables, right? And fixing their drop rates?

Devices and Changes:
    Just remove the cooldowns on the Chimeral potions and significantly lower the rest of the former open mission devices. And readd them to the loot tables.
    So vehicles are not effected by the device cooldown change.

Devices that need a look at involving cooldowns:
    Water balloons, fish slapping, kissing, snowballing, cowboy ray, etc need to have a miniscule cooldown now.
    Permanent Sidekicks need looked at really hard.
    ALL MISSION DEVICES
    Back Up Devices. They might as well not have a shared cooldown anymore.
    Every device with limited charges

Overall, you might as well add another row of devices for us to use. Either that or the devices don't need to go on a full cooldown. Make them about 10 seconds.​​
  • Options
    More device slots seems like a nice extra. Maybe Zen store purchase? >:)
  • Options
    rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Suggestion: make a 5 minute cooldown cap for devices. There are devices that have from 10 to 30 minutes cooldown time. Would be lame to wait that much everytime​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I made this suggestion in two other threads but I'll go ahead and try it here.....

SUGGESTION: Make the Mardi-Gras Mask available in Eye Accessory AND Head Wear (as you did with the Heroic Wrap)

SUGGESTION: Make the attachment to it available in Attachment Eye Accessory (and Attachment Head Wear Accessory if you implement the above suggestion) AND in Top Accessory (having the mask and the attachment not bound to each other, in the same way you seperated Pharaoh Crown and Pharaoh Nemes recently, would be fantastic)

( @ladygladfly @kaizerin )

Thank you.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    Very glad to see such quick fixes for Steadfast and Killer's Instinct!

I tested the list I managed to get together the other day and Steadfast works with all (bar Fury of the Dragon).
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Since more scaling to target size is removed from powers. Could TK Lance, power Bolts and Cave In be looked at too?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    aiqa said:

Since more scaling to target size is removed from powers. Could TK Lance, power Bolts and Cave In be looked at too?

Literally just made a thread about this :tongue:

Here: LINK

Please add to it.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    What happens to the builds that use multiple different devices that were hard earned. Pet builds that use a lot of the older devices that had the lowest drop rates with this change might not be able to switch.

If this is going through extend the device tray. Make a row just for vehicles, travel power devices, and constant devices with no cooldown.​​
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    If the device equip-cooldown is to come live, I'd greatly suggest at *least* having either a base set of time for all of them (say, one minute after equipping to use them) or to have the Equip-cooldown be half of the device's cooldown.

It doesn't please me, considering I usually have for-fun devices in my device tray and would now have to always be ready instead.
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2016

If you get a new Heroic Resonance device - a Gold member perk - it goes on cooldown as soon as you equip it. The cooldown of that device is up to 90 minutes.. With Triumphant Recovery it's five minutes - not long, but..... let's take some normal, no-exploit behaviours. You queue for Gravitar, and think... I should probably equip a TR device. That's a five minute wait before you can use it. For no particular reason whatsoever. Let's say you switch build, and realise your device tray hasn't been sync'd. Full cooldown will apply to any changes. It's not a good QoL change.

I know there might be exploitative behaviours around devices, and I know no-one can say what they are for fear of the banhammer. But this has the feel of a sledgehammer/nut solution about it. Maybe the cooldown should only apply to devices changed when in combat?

Bingo.
    kallethen said:

10 might be a little too small but should definitely fix the issue in a far better way. 10-20.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    aiqa wrote: »

this is the item which heals you, majorly, for 5 minutes.
    so you want to be able to have it work continuously.
    That's the reason Legacy devices have shared CD because of the people using serial Eruptions.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2016
    chaelk said:

this is the item which heals you, majorly, for 5 minutes.
    so you want to be able to have it work continuously.
    That's the reason Legacy devices have shared CD because of the people using serial Eruptions.​​

As I've told you before, there were two seperate changes to legacy devices.

1. They are not able to be equiped simultaniously.
    2. SOME have a shared cooldown.

Elixirs were among the devices that did get change 1, but didn't get change 2.
    If you don't want to believe me feel free to search for the patch notes.

Now if you think about that for a moment, that means if you have say 2 (or 3 after the CDR nerfs) of these devices you could already have them active 100% of the time, by just swapping them out of your device tray one after the other. It has been like this for a few years now, which is a large reason elixirs are the most sought after and expensive device in all of CO. The changes we see now do not influence FF builds all that much, since you can still build swap (so for me personally nothing is changed), but for ATs that have multiple of elixirs they become completely useless.

Of course they have also caused some real problems, like the scaling with certain heal bonuses making them rival the Regeneration passive, and stacking issues after changing instances. Those two things have been fixed in the last few months.

Serial Eruptions have little to do with all this. The problem with those were that you could cycle them to make you immune to damage 100% of the time. Immune to damage, or 188 HPS 100% is the time is not something you have to set the same rules for, and during the legacy device changes some years ago the devs clearly agreed with that.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So why exactly Fury of the Dragon got ignored on the Steadfast List Fix?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I wonder if devices will become unbound after this change, like what happened a few patches ago for some auras and devices that changed.

Un-binding devices would be a nice compromise for folks that made toons built around devices. I have a couple of those, myself. Neither is focused on Eruption or Necrulitic Elixir (one uses multiple Dragon Staffs, for instance), but this change will require me to rebuild the toons.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2016

- Footprints aura no longer makes a weird sound.

​​

It's not only bug, that's related to Footprints. It also doesn't show steps when gaining speed for female toons and moving at full speed for male & female toons. Also Mach Speed stance doesn't play SFX at all when moving at full speed, regardless of gender and/or auras.

- Updated Humidity Dome's description to no longer state it increases energy regeneration.

​​

Can you take away it's VFX (and electric SFX), but instead make buff icon in a tray, to state it applies defense? That translucency with tintable glowing could return as Aura for Drifter store. Make similar thing with Aspect of the Infernal in addition.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    dakrushmor wrote: »
    - Updated Humidity Dome's description to no longer state it increases energy regeneration.

Can you take away it's VFX (and electric SFX), but instead make buff icon in a tray, to state it applies defense? That translucency with tintable glowing could return as Aura for Drifter store. Make similar thing with Aspect of the Infernal in addition.

Please! Yes, this!​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Excuse me Devs, but I required Clarification and Feedbacks for the change Reaper's Caress Live Change
    My Forum post about this power is here,
    • Why is it the Power Failing to give 100% Chance Bleed on the 3rd Strike?
    • Why it doesn't add Bleed on the 2nd Strike?
    • Is the Bleed Mechanics Bugged?
    • Is the Power Tooltip Description Wrong or Outdated?
    • Why has it LOWER chance to apply Bleed than Shred?

I request your attention on the subject, since its Frustating for all us Swordman-Build fans​​
  • Options
    Old open mission devices that might need to have their cooldown looked at:
    [Gadroon Mercenary Contract]
    [Lich's Phylactery]
    [Nanomachine Phermones]
    [Xenospliced Sequencing]
    [Altered Phenotype]
    [Portable Robotic Factory]
    [Chimeral Potion of the XXX]
    [Qularr Force Field Generator]
    [Lemurian Amulet of the Predator]
    [Pirated Override Codes]
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    Going to have to side on having all devices go on their own stated cooldowns when equipped being a bit much.

This definitely seems like a thing that needs a 20-30 second global cooldown type of deal similar to the cooldown we already have on build switching during combat.

There are far too many devices with anywhere from a few seconds to an hour of cooldown on them in this game, it's not reasonable to have things going on full cooldown when they're 5+minutes just because you aren't keeping them on your bar.

And keep in mind, I'm a person who hates devices and would rather just have everything aside from healing patches/travel devices nuked from the game. Or at the very least, PvP. Because they're so absurdly variable and require no sacrifice whatsoever aside from initial purchase.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    As one who has a large set of transport devices, this can be a big cost in power.

Could we please have 2 - 3 extra slots dedicated exclusively to the travel and cosmetic category?

This can be a huge punishment for those who carry such non-combat abilities.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    10 might be a little too small but should definitely fix the issue in a far better way. 10-20.

I wholely agree that 10 seconds could be too short. I was more trying to give an example from a related game. I personally think capping the "On-Equip" cooldown to 60 seconds at the most would be okay.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    so the reason people aren't doing serial Necrullics is rarity and the , what is it, 13minutes cd?
    changing the CD to 6minutes will fix that.
    How much CD would it take to reduce that to 5minutes?
    Hands up all those people who stack INT and cooldown.

how many of the devices on the list are NON: legacy, halloween ones?
    the common ones are the legacy and xevent ones. Ones which people have from years ago , as drops, shouldn't be affected, since they would be a very rare item.​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    The cooldown on equip change sounds like a step backwards in usability that will be probably be a cause of annoyance to players, especially new players that might not understand the problem you're trying to solve with this change.

I agree with those that have suggested a fixed initial cooldown on equip period might be better, or perhaps vary it with the item's rarity classification (e.g. vehicles and common devices: 10 seconds; scaling up to 60 seconds for gold rarity devices.)
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    Is the Role switching not triggering the 'new' cooldowns even intentional?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There are a fairly significant number of devices that are balanced on the assumption that they sit around in a bag most of the time; anything with a cooldown of more than a minute or two. To have it at all viable to use that sort of device, cooldowns need to be capped at some fairly short time -- but if you do that, it may wind up not fixing whatever problem you're trying to fix (probably things like Necrullitic Elixir stacking?)
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User

There are a fairly significant number of devices that are balanced on the assumption that they sit around in a bag most of the time; anything with a cooldown of more than a minute or two. To have it at all viable to use that sort of device, cooldowns need to be capped at some fairly short time -- but if you do that, it may wind up not fixing whatever problem you're trying to fix (probably things like Necrullitic Elixir stacking?)

It already doesn't stack
This discussion has been closed.