Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 2/4/2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

As for Medusa, that massive AoE attack was cleaving my HP through a r2 block. How is someone with heroics that isn't a tank supposed to live through that?

There's a bit of a timing bug (which was reported but not fixed on PTS). If you block early enough, the damage from the AoE is quite small (I think I was taking a few hundred). If you block later, it does a lot more. It's not a mechanic that I like very much, but it's not hard to deal with once you know about it.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    There's a bit of a timing bug (which was reported but not fixed on PTS). If you block early enough, the damage from the AoE is quite small (I think I was taking a few hundred). If you block later, it does a lot more. It's not a mechanic that I like very much, but it's not hard to deal with once you know about it.
    UGH. I hate it when blocking is like that. I hate fighting her OV for just that reason.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    BUG: Psionic Flame Aura: The Aura doesn't change colour unless you Re-Equip it
    IMPORTANT: Setting Visual FX Quality on Medium or Low complety makes the Aura Dissapear

SO basically I bought an Aura which I cannot see because of my Game Settings!
    I never noticed Empathetic Healing visuals on High, I was expecting to get the Medium Visual, BUT the medium visuals are GONE too
    AND SINCE ITS A BOUND ON CHARACTER DRIFTER AURA I CANNOT GIVE IT TO ANOTHER CHARACTER
    :|

I play the game mostly on Medium

kallethen wrote: »
    UGH. I hate it when blocking is like that. I hate fighting her OV for just that reason.

I really hate that too, I blocked but still got Full damage because I blocked the last second
    Block Mechanics need an update​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would sort of disagree, that block mechanics need an update, (sure it could do with a responsiveness boost) but generally speaking, players just need to block earlier.

Personally when I see her even starting that attack, I don't care what I was doing, I block and hold it until the attack is completed.

This is especially important when dealing with the Tough Legendary grade hold that the Hatchling puts out.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "If you block early enough, the damage from the AoE is quite small (I think I was taking a few hundred)."

I blocked as soon as I saw it every time. Basically, anyone with any desync is screwed then? Or maybe I just need the reaction time of a young man? ... ... *sigh*
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Personally when I see her even starting that attack, I don't care what I was doing, I block and hold it until the attack is completed.

This is especially important when dealing with the Tough Legendary grade hold that the Hatchling puts out.
    IMO, you shouldn't need to block right when the animation starts. All that should matter is that you are blocking before the attack hits you.

As it is right now, I (at least when fighting the OV version) Medusa has one attack that I hit and hold the block immediately as I start to see her animation for it, and I have only successfully blocked it ONCE. I might as well just not block because I know I'm going to die anyways.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    >
    > It's possible Seraphim heal only working on teammates is a patch around Onslaught problems, but in any case, the heal tic is small enough that "meh, whatever"; auras not working on the other half of a Rampage team, which has been that way for ages, is way more of a problem.

The main problem with these auras affecting non-teammates (as respects Onslaught) was that some players early in the event (hopefully not anymore) would fight the OV near contacts and vendors. If they had stayed away from contacts & vendors, there wouldn't have been a problem. Though it should be noted that likely none of them did so intentionally.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    kallethen said:

IMO, you shouldn't need to block right when the animation starts. All that should matter is that you are blocking before the attack hits you.
    As it is right now, I (at least when fighting the OV version) Medusa has one attack that I hit and hold the block immediately as I start to see her animation for it, and I have only successfully blocked it ONCE. I might as well just not block because I know I'm going to die anyways.​​

That's really bizzare. I'd have to run it with you to see what you're talking about in action.

I've even blocked (according to me) late and still not taken massive damage, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

And as Pantagruel said, you only take...what...less than 500? when blocking Medusa's TK Eruption attack?
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    theravenforce mentioned blocking!!!

Yes indeed, timing your blocks is VERY IMPORTANT. Even high-strength characters can get knocked. With a slight "internet delay" (for some of us, anyway), pressing block a little earlier is definitely a good idea.

On that note, I was wondering if I'm the only player who dislikes the fact that Power Armor ranged powers deactivate when you block. There is a delay of at least 1 second before you can use them again after you stop blocking, whereas all other powers come back right away. Is there some reasoning to this? It just seems stupid to me. (Much like making ego sprites pbaoe.) It discourages me from using ranged Power Armor powers; I've never leveled a character up using these because the delay after blocking gets on my nerves.

Erk. I just realized I haven't done anything but complain so far in this forum. Hope nobody thinks I'm an incessant complainer. I'm not, I just get hung up on things that don't seem to make sense. (Note: I am well aware that not everything I find senseless actually is. Sometimes the problem is me.) :)
  • Options

theravenforce mentioned blocking!!!

Yes indeed, timing your blocks is VERY IMPORTANT. Even high-strength characters can get knocked. With a slight "internet delay" (for some of us, anyway), pressing block a little earlier is definitely a good idea.

On that note, I was wondering if I'm the only player who dislikes the fact that Power Armor ranged powers deactivate when you block. There is a delay of at least 1 second before you can use them again after you stop blocking, whereas all other powers come back right away. Is there some reasoning to this? It just seems stupid to me. (Much like making ego sprites pbaoe.) It discourages me from using ranged Power Armor powers; I've never leveled a character up using these because the delay after blocking gets on my nerves.

Erk. I just realized I haven't done anything but complain so far in this forum. Hope nobody thinks I'm an incessant complainer. I'm not, I just get hung up on things that don't seem to make sense. (Note: I am well aware that not everything I find senseless actually is. Sometimes the problem is me.) :)

If you never complained about anything it is unlikely you were playing the game you were subbed to lol.

Power Armor powers are a bit weird, I've noticed the delay as well, which is why I just turn off everything and then block instead of blocking whilst something is toggled on.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Hey, what happened to res serum? It used to be a click heal with a cool down but the tool tip says you have to charge it AND it has a cool down. It was the only good res other power since it wasn't crippled by the ghastly charge up and interruption on sneezing.

Does the Balance adv on Seraphim no longer work as the tooltip states? I didn't see anything about the damage part being removed and it doesn't seem to work any more.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Beneficient Construct requires you to have the Empyrean Construct Victory perk, which requires you to kill 1,000 Empyrean Constructs

NOT AN EASY TASK considering the amount of said enemies​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Still waiting to hear what's replacing Ascension as an Active Defense if healing the team isn't a suitable ability for an Active Offense.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    guyhumual said:

Still waiting to hear what's replacing Ascension as an Active Defense if healing the team isn't a suitable ability for an Active Offense.

It still increases your ability to heal, it just no longer does the work for you.

Quite Frankly Ascension needed a look at for awhile now, It was overpreforming as it had been with it healing, AND acting as an emergency escape button that ignores NttG and TP Restrictions.

I don't need a button to give me flight, or increase my healing powers, or give me lackluster offensive bonuses, I need a button that heals my team. That was the only reason for taking Ascension. Now I might as well take Ego Serge, like every other free form character does.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Quite Frankly Ascension needed a look at for awhile now, It was overpreforming as it had been with it healing, AND acting as an emergency escape button that ignores NttG and TP Restrictions.
    Not Everyone who used Ascension was a PvP player
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I don't need a button to give me flight, or increase my healing powers, or give me lackluster offensive bonuses, I need a button that heals my team. That was the only reason for taking Ascension. Now I might as well take Ego Serge, like every other free form character does.
    Same here, minus the Ego Surge part​​
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Serpent Lanter AP Only gives 2000Q compared to the others!

No idea why this particular AP gives the lowest rewards, its not easy, its time consuming and boring​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    avianos said:

The Beneficient Construct requires you to have the Empyrean Construct Victory perk, which requires you to kill 1,000 Empyrean Constructs

NOT AN EASY TASK considering the amount of said enemies​​

They also have 5k kill perks too...and 350silver for a device.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Suggestion: Lower Beneficient Construct's perk requirement to the 100 perk (Empyrean Construct Assault)

the 1000 perk for an open world enemy who appears in so few numbers is really far ferched

Seriously, why nobody reported this?
    They also have 5k kill perks too...and 350silver for a device..

Oh that perk is the only 5k i will NEVER get for my steam archievement!
    Its Ridiculous, it also unlocks a costume skin (which is available in Z store) but its not worth it!

Lower Beneficient better be a darn good Healing Bot if it requires a 1000 perk and 350 SCR.
    With those Requirements it better do my Taxes as well​​
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I've been trying to level an Archery/Gadgeteering toon that I wanted to have specialize in the technology holds, like Bolos. I took Manipulator and I'm already finding I can't maintain stacks of Manipulator, much less get up to eight stacks, unless I'm spamming powers that proc Manipulator. This wastes energy, sacrifices DPS beyond Manipulator's already lower DPS bonus, puts your hold power on cooldown so it may not be available when you really do need it and makes it more likely to reach hold immunity faster because you can't use holds judiciously. I'll keep futzing with the build to see if it gets any better with higher levels/more powers.

The only viable build I can think of is one that relies on Eldrich blast to help maintain Manipulator with roots, instead of spamming holds just to build and keep Manipulator stacks. I know Gadgeteering has an AoE root that I may be able to spam but that seems like it would be a wasted power since roots generally break like twigs and seem more like a "start attacking me" power. Sooo, my high tech hunter toon needs to break theme and get into spell casting to make this build, maybe, work...