1235»

Comments

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

draogn said:

spinnytop said:

draogn said:

spinnytop said:

draogn said:

This is the wrong kind of attention, the game doesn't need to be more grindy. Burning your playerbase out isn't going to work either. This isn't a Korean grinder, yet they're doing their best to turn it into one. The prices are absurd, especially for anyone with more then one alt.

I don't think you've actually played a Korean grinder. If you think "anything that takes more than 3 days is a korean grinder"...I mean shoot by your definition WoW is a korean grinder.

If anything, CO is moving towards more general standards for western MMOs.
    3 days? Your math is wrong. It will take a minimum of 10-11 days of doing dailies to get a single piece. And if you happen to get bugged Unity missions it could take 20 days.

I don't think you've played wow recently, they've done quite a bit to ensure that someone get enough gear to start their end game progression in less then a day. Their game is designed around a gear treadmill though, CO isn't. CO was designed around encouraging solo play and alt making. Getting a full set of starter gear shouldn't take a month.
    Currently it takes 3 days to get heroics.

People will easily be able to get their end-game starting set after the changes. It'll just be the actual end-game starting set. I bet you don't even know what the actual end-game starting set is called, that's because nobody has used it in quite a while. You'll be able to get a full set of it in less than a week, and after a short period of complaining, everyone will realize that it's just fine as an end-game starting set.
    We're not talking about the current prices, try to keep up here. 200 SCR is the absurd price we're talking about.

As for the 'true' end game tier, I'm guessing you're trying to pass merc gear off for the starter set. Which is great for the wallet warrior, it's not all that great for those who don't want to open their wallet.
    Please keep up, I said, "currently, as in live".

Also, I'VE NEVER SUPPORTED THE GRINDFESTAGEDDON COSTS.

My response wasn't directed at you. Unless you're also Spinnytop.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Please keep up, I said, "currently, as in live".

Also, I'VE NEVER SUPPORTED THE GRINDFESTAGEDDON COSTS.

When I said "anything that takes longer than 3 days" I was obviously referring to the current rate on live, and how you seem to think that if it goes past that then we're somehow entering korean grindfest territory. "keep up" lol.

Either way, you'll calm down after a week or so after this goes life. It's not going to be as bad as you're exaggerating it to be. Or you'll stop playing. Either outcome is fine.
    draogn said:

As for the 'true' end game tier, I'm guessing you're trying to pass merc gear off for the starter set. Which is great for the wallet warrior, it's not all that great for those who don't want to open their wallet.

Nope.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Remember when Neverwinter Online started increasing their level cap last year and demolish the end game armor tier to another set, oh and the only way to level up properly is to do those horrible daily quests that require you to kill +20 monsters each daily quest? Nearly a year later, that last ten level is still a grind and I am very worried that this SCR update might be a start of that trend.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

draogn said:

spinnytop said:

draogn said:

This is the wrong kind of attention, the game doesn't need to be more grindy. Burning your playerbase out isn't going to work either. This isn't a Korean grinder, yet they're doing their best to turn it into one. The prices are absurd, especially for anyone with more then one alt.

I don't think you've actually played a Korean grinder. If you think "anything that takes more than 3 days is a korean grinder"...I mean shoot by your definition WoW is a korean grinder.

If anything, CO is moving towards more general standards for western MMOs.
    3 days? Your math is wrong. It will take a minimum of 10-11 days of doing dailies to get a single piece. And if you happen to get bugged Unity missions it could take 20 days.

I don't think you've played wow recently, they've done quite a bit to ensure that someone get enough gear to start their end game progression in less then a day. Their game is designed around a gear treadmill though, CO isn't. CO was designed around encouraging solo play and alt making. Getting a full set of starter gear shouldn't take a month.
    Currently it takes 3 days to get heroics.

People will easily be able to get their end-game starting set after the changes. It'll just be the actual end-game starting set. I bet you don't even know what the actual end-game starting set is called, that's because nobody has used it in quite a while. You'll be able to get a full set of it in less than a week, and after a short period of complaining, everyone will realize that it's just fine as an end-game starting set.
    That's how it is currently for people with limited play time, and will stay this way for those with more play time(you perhaps). This will be a month of grinding(and that's doing everything that gives SC). to get a set that is 3 tiers lower than what will be the new high-end gear. Starter set or no: It's not justifiable to have what once a "week" set go to a month set.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I don't get where this idea that Mercenary gear is for "wallet warriors" (heh) or that this move is a ploy to get people to buy lockboxes.

1) Lockboxes give merc crates and rarely legion crates. You are going to get random gear - nobody is going to trying to get Legion gear or Merc gear by buying lockboxes and they know this. Those gear crates are consolation prizes. Plus, if you did want Mercenary gear...

2)... You'd just buy it from the Q-store. It is 50k, which isn't all that much. There are a ton of ways to get Q playing the game. But if you think it is unfair because someone might just buy up Q with zen to get Mercenary gear....

3)... So? You mean they would support the game and lower the Questionite rate on the exchange by buying up posted Q? But that would mean it would be easier to convert your Q into Zen to buy those Zen store items! Oh no!

The grind for Heroic will be longer, and nothing is going to change the fact that they want it to be. Heroic gear is easy enough to get that people just sell Bronze King, Vikorin, and Merc gear to npc vendors. I totally get if you guys think the price is raised too high, but please temper your response and request for a price reduction by leaving out the conspiracy theories.
    xrazamax said:

I don't get where this idea that Mercenary gear is for "wallet warriors" (heh) or that this move is a ploy to get people to buy lockboxes.

1) Lockboxes give merc crates and rarely legion crates. You are going to get random gear - nobody is going to trying to get Legion gear or Merc gear by buying lockboxes and they know this. Those gear crates are consolation prizes. Plus, if you did want Mercenary gear...

2)... You'd just buy it from the Q-store. It is 50k, which isn't all that much. There are a ton of ways to get Q playing the game. But if you think it is unfair because someone might just buy up Q with zen to get Mercenary gear....

3)... So? You mean they would support the game and lower the Questionite rate on the exchange by buying up posted Q? But that would mean it would be easier to convert your Q into Zen to buy those Zen store items! Oh no!

The grind for Heroic will be longer, and nothing is going to change the fact that they want it to be. Heroic gear is easy enough to get that people just sell Bronze King, Vikorin, and Merc gear to npc vendors. I totally get if you guys think the price is raised too high, but please temper your response and request for a price reduction by leaving out the conspiracy theories.

I agree with your post entirely, and would like to add my sentiments on these changes: Not much can or will be done, as there have been 3(?) patches, and not a' one had reduction for these prices(of which, are quite abhorrent). Merc gear:I...think I have a piece? Maybe??. Not a big fan of the set, honestly, and it's worse than gear you pick up on your to 40.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xrazamax said:

A wallet warrior is someone who spends real money to buy virtual power. In this case, purchase zen which they then convert to Q to buy merc gear. These absurd prices don't stop at heroic gear though, the travel powers and devices are also way too high. (Again 975 for Bat flight)
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Having the first set you get on a fresh 40 being the booby prize gear from a lockbox instead of gear you get for playing the game is kind of a downer. Most people can only refine 8k q per day. It will take about 20 days to get 150k q. Unless a person just buys Q crates. Those come out of a lockbox too! Or, you know, people just buy it with real money.

I've never tried running through Vik with a group using leveling gear or random greens before, so not sure how it would go. Probably badly with the chain pulls into the lava and the inability to do enough dps to kill Vik before that starts. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but gear from Vik drops about as often as costume bits. That increase would need to be significant if I wanted to gear toons with lair gear. But it seems like just buying it on the AH to get my toons started would be a whole lot easier.

It's going to suck for new players that get their first 40 that don't have the resources to just buy everything for their toons and don't have a decent geared 40 to farm with.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited February 2016

however, unless i missed something, heroic isn't 1 tier lower, it's two - mercenary, heroic, legion, justice (and soon to be distinguished)​​

Yeah... you missed the part where legion, justice, and distinguished are all on the same tier. Just look at the stats and you'll realize there's no reason to think that you would "progress" from legion to justice, to distinguished. Depending on your build/role, distinguished could be a downgrade for you compared to Justice. Legion is especially bizarre to think of as part of any sort of tiered progression ladder seeing as it comes out of gamble boxes exclusively - are people seriously suggesting that after you hit level 40 you're expected to just keep opening lock boxes to get your next tier of gear, before you start doing rampages to get justice??

It seems like the entire reasoning for this artificial gear ladder is "well... one came out before the other, so it's a new tier". This is blatantly false. What they appear to be doing is something that was suggested many times: instead of a gear ladder, they're making different types of gear on the same tier. Look at the stats.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Yeah... you missed the part where legion, justice, and distinguished are all on the same tier. Just look at the stats and you'll realize there's no reason to think that you would "progress" from legion to justice, to distinguished. Depending on your build/role, distinguished could be a downgrade for you compared to Justice. Legion is especially bizarre to think of as part of any sort of tiered progression ladder seeing as it comes out of gamble boxes exclusively - are people seriously suggesting that after you hit level 40 you're expected to just keep opening lock boxes to get your next tier of gear, before you start doing rampages to get justice??

That is what I did on three toons. For each, Justice Gear was better than Legion.

I know that is not true of all builds, though it is true of builds that heavily stat PSS, and on builds that heavily stat something other than PSS (especially Con with Str PSS). My jack-of-all-trades AoPM toon is the former, and my "supertank" character is the latter.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

That is what I did on three toons. For each, Justice Gear was better than Legion.

I know that is not true of all builds, though it is true of builds that heavily stat PSS, and on builds that heavily stat something other than PSS (especially Con with Str PSS). My jack-of-all-trades AoPM toon is the former, and my "supertank" character is the latter.

Sure, but pretend I'm a new player who just hit 40, and I just got done getting my Heroic Gear ( today ). Now explain to me that, for my next "tier" of gear, I have to go and open lockboxes until I have all my Legion gear, instead of just skipping that "tier" completely and farming either Justice or Distinguished based on which set fits my build better, completely ignoring the other set. Keep in mind, I can see the stats on the gear we're talking about while you're explaining this.
    But you could buy the Legion Gear in the Auction House. That is what I did for the two toons I described.

For a third, I skipped Legion and went to Justice.

By the way, I contend that a character with leveling gear (either Q or Nemesis) can farm Justice Gear. The game content isn't tough enough to require any sort of tier to be successful.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just a couple of quick comments about "tough content" and the recent changes in general.

1.) There is a self-selection bias in the aggregated feedback currently being given, as it's from currently engaged players who more or less like the game enough as it is to have stuck around. There are many, many more players who either did not stick around, perhaps because there was not enough tough content, or who have never really tried CO. Some of these changes may be targeting that segment just as much or more than the current hardcore lifer segment.

2.) Some anecdotal feedback related to the above: my original SG, which left the game several years ago due to a lack of tough content and sole focus on lockboxes, has seen enough they like about the pending Teleios Tower patch to make a trial return to the game. Hopefully this is not an isolated case, and is a positive indicator for the future of the game.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Okay, quick question (and remember, I'm a Filthy Casual who doesn't have six hours a day to devote to playing a game) - what are these "tons of ways" to get tens or hundreds of thousands of Q in game without having to open lockboxes? I'd really like to be clued in, because Spearmint could use that Ice Head in the Q-store.

As for the rest of this, it's all starting to sound like leetville is opening up with the "endgame gear" argument. I think I'll probably stick to the old endgame of just making new toons - it sounds like a lot less hassle.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Unity 1 and 2 take a ton of time to do on a single character, unless that character is a cookie cutter build and you already know every possible version of the rng maps.
    To have that effort get you only 3 of the desired reward tokens towards a goal of 600 (200 per piece) is an audaciously ridiculous spit to players' face.
    There is no better way to put this.
    "More things will give scr later" is like saying, don't worry, summer will come, just huddle up by the cinders of your fire place and burn all your clothes you'll be fine."
    Just no.

I'm of the impression that no matter what we say here, the devs will do as they please, regardless of any logical argument or better solution suggested.
    Am I the only one?
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    glortor said:

Unity 1 and 2 take a ton of time to do on a single character, unless that character is a cookie cutter build and you already know every possible version of the rng maps.
    To have that effort get you only 3 of the desired reward tokens towards a goal of 600 (200 per piece) is an audaciously ridiculous spit to players' face.
    "More things will give scr later" is like saying, don't worry, summer will come, just huddle up by the cinders of your fire place and burn all your clothes you'll be fine."
    Just no.

I'm of the impression that no matter what we say here, the devs will do as they please, regardless of any logical argument or better solution suggested.
    Am I the only one?

We must be punished for playing solo-friendly content. Welcome to Dark Astoria pt III.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

glortor said:

Just no.

Am I the only one?

We must be punished for playing solo-friendly content. Welcome to Dark Astoria pt III.
    This time, it's personal >:)

42 40s, LTSer.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

Just a couple of quick comments about "tough content" and the recent changes in general.

1.) There is a self-selection bias in the aggregated feedback currently being given, as it's from currently engaged players who more or less like the game enough as it is to have stuck around. There are many, many more players who either did not stick around, perhaps because there was not enough tough content, or who have never really tried CO. Some of these changes may be targeting that segment just as much or more than the current hardcore lifer segment.

2.) Some anecdotal feedback related to the above: my original SG, which left the game several years ago due to a lack of tough content and sole focus on lockboxes, has seen enough they like about the pending Teleios Tower patch to make a trial return to the game. Hopefully this is not an isolated case, and is a positive indicator for the future of the game.

There are multiple types of players who play for many different reasons. Not everyone wants or enjoys 'tough' content. There are also world explorers, system explorers (ie, character build exploration), rpers, and people who just like to see big numbers. That's probably not even exhaustive of the alternate types of players. None of those types particularly care about challenge.

CO is not a game for challenge-seekers who demand the game challenge them while they min-max everything. You want a challenge - gimp your own build. Otherwise, there are plenty of other games which cater to Spikes. CO should be trying to become more of a sandbox to go with its sandbox character creator, not less of one.

There are multiple types of players who play for many different reasons. Not everyone wants or enjoys 'tough' content. There are also world explorers, system explorers (ie, character build exploration), rpers, and people who just like to see big numbers. That's probably not even exhaustive of the alternate types of players. None of those types particularly care about challenge.

CO is not a game for challenge-seekers who demand the game challenge them while they min-max everything. You want a challenge - gimp your own build. Otherwise, there are plenty of other games which cater to Spikes. CO should be trying to become more of a sandbox to go with its sandbox character creator, not less of one.

We all have our opinions about what we like. As players, we don't really get to dictate the vision for the game, or what other players should or should not enjoy. There's been a gap in terms of tougher content, and that's now starting to be filled. That helps broaden the appeal of the game, and that's a positive thing for everyone.

LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming

We all have our opinions about what we like. As players, we don't really get to dictate the vision for the game, or what other players should or should not enjoy. There's been a gap in terms of tougher content, and that's now starting to be filled. That helps broaden the appeal of the game, and that's a positive thing for everyone.

It's not being broadened, just shifted. If was being broadened they wouldn't have put outrageous prices on the starter gear.
    edited February 2016
    The fur foot accessory, is it suppose to look like

or is the fur suppose to be wrapping around the shin?
    jonsills said:

As for the rest of this, it's all starting to sound like leetville is opening up with the "endgame gear" argument. I think I'll probably stick to the old endgame of just making new toons - it sounds like a lot less hassle.

It's nice to have choices isn't it. Well, the "leet" crowd is happy to finally have some choices as well.
    glortor said:

is an audaciously ridiculous spit to players' face.

Oh you~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Only the things I like should be added to the game. If I don't like it, it's bad.

\( o _ o )/

It's not being broadened, just shifted. If was being broadened they wouldn't have put outrageous prices on the starter gear.

If you hand the bunny to the greyhound, then the dog will never run the track.
    If the dog doesn't want to run, then what are they doing at the track.

And yes, you should be a dog happily and mindlessly running around a dog track when you play video games, because any mindset more serious is doing it wrong.
    spinnytop said:

And yes, you should be a dog happily and mindlessly running around a dog track when you play video games, because any mindset more serious is doing it wrong.
    Thats nice, but per the devs comments, this is not going to go over well for ATs, which won't allow them to be the dog to begin with :'(, and, wasn't it you who said that no content should be restricted to a small crowd, or an elite group?

chaelk said:

so how does it go with a random group of AT's not in Justice or Legion gear?​​

This content is not intended for pick-up groups with low-end gear. However, we've had reports from PTS that a well put-together team of ATs with decent gear can pull it off.
    And what would you say is decent gear? Heroics will be time-consuming at best for a casual(5 SCR comes from actually doing the new lair).
    Yup, Heroics.

42 40s, LTSer.
    spinnytop said:

Soooo, what about all those sets above heroic? They don't exist now?
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    spinnytop said:

Only the things I like should be added to the game. If I don't like it, it's bad.

\( o _ o )/
    Do you have anything productive to say?

Pointing out there are dozens of player types which don't care about 'challenge' is highly relevant. Yet you would seem to prefer to ignore that all these other types of players even exist. For example:
    spinnytop said:

Or maybe the dog would like to get off the expletive racetrack and do something else?

As to why I'm dismissive of challenge-hungry e-peen monkeys? Because there's tons of other games that do it better. CO is uniquely designed to cater to other player types. Obviously according to you, when you have a unique niche, you should waste time and resources trying to be like every other game out there, while simultaneously making things rougher for the rest of your player types that your game was previously servicing better (ex: Heroic price increase + penalizing single player content SCR gain).

And no, I'm not all those other player types. But I'd be supportive of development for anything BUT challenge gameplay. Not only do i have plenty of other options available for that, but it's not what I (or many other people) want all or even most of the time.

---------------

I'm not even convinced this is a developer failure. It's starting to feel more and more like a management failure. Someone responsible for making decisions doesn't understand why CO still exists or why what playerbase it does have is still here and committed, and has decided that to be more successful it needs to be more like every other MMO, instead of designing content and catering to the types of players it does serve well.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    I don't like the changes done to the Teleport to Ren Center Device now. Change them back.

This is completely un-necessary. It's like why was this even in game anymore? It makes no sense. May as well just remove and force us to watch the cutscenes

Honestly sucks now and if you are like me that runs the dailies alot, or has an alert squad on Double XP and farms that way, skipping any not need time in there is essential, imo. Going through the 'Exit Map' via SOCRATES isn't fast enough. I liked it was it was before.

We can't use this to ditch the alerts/instances out anymore, so basically I went on ahead with the Device spree and transferred these on alts for nothing.

Thanks.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    avianos said:

The whole Heroic price raise just screams WASTE MONEY ON LEGION to me

Who wants to waste days farming for a single gear when he can spend Zen/Resources/Keys for Legion?

When Heroics were introduced there were no Legion or Justice Gear

Today the Heroics are consider Trivial, not Endgame gear

This change is the worse, and I see the players' feedbacks are ignored once again!

Shame on you​​

The truth has been spoken. This is not right.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I haven't touched TA and I still earned over 50 SCR in less than a few hours time. It wasnt' hard at all. Run the dailies(10 SCr). Do Steel Crusade (6 SCR). Fight Gravitar a few times (3 scr a fight). One toon is my main FF who already has heroics. The other is my gimpy Grimoire w/blue gear from the exchange. Sure I'm squeezing everything I can out that gear and using rank 5 mods in it.. but still it's the lowest tier gear in the game... and I still managed to get decent SCR without trying hard at all. (In about two hours, the gimpy Grimoire had earned 20 SCR)

So three days of gameplay = 1 piece of Heroic.

I don't think that's horrible considering it took about 2 days under the previous system. Unless you were grinding alts and running both Unities.

And I'm willing to bet there are people who did a lot better than I did.. but they aren't talking because they probably don't want Gravitar's SCR reward nerfed. :)​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so the price of Mercenery gear has dropped 100k each to 50k? think I'll still try for boxes​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

I haven't touched TA and I still earned over 50 SCR in less than a few hours time. It wasnt' hard at all. Run the dailies(10 SCr). Do Steel Crusade (6 SCR). Fight Gravitar a few times (3 scr a fight). One toon is my main FF who already has heroics. The other is my gimpy Grimoire w/blue gear from the exchange. Sure I'm squeezing everything I can out that gear and using rank 5 mods in it.. but still it's the lowest tier gear in the game... and I still managed to get decent SCR without trying hard at all. (In about two hours, the gimpy Grimoire had earned 20 SCR)

​​

You didn't even run Adventure Packs, which also earn SCR. :D

Doomsayers are doomed.

​​

You didn't even run Adventure Packs, which also earn SCR. :D

Doomsayers are doomed.
    So a couple hours per night for three nights per piece, including being undergeared in Gravitar, is the same as 20 minutes per night for two nights per piece doing solo stuff?
    edited February 2016

So a couple hours per night for three nights per piece, including being undergeared in Gravitar, is the same as 20 minutes per night for two nights per piece doing solo stuff?

I don't think anyone claimed that it's exactly the same, just that it's not the end of the world. So maybe you spend an extra few hours gearing up a character and running more team-based content. Who knows, maybe you find that you actually enjoy playing the game with other people, and acquiring the gear is just a bonus. Or maybe, if your time is too valuable, you just buy Heroic gear off the AH. Or maybe you just continue posting over a dozen messages complaining about it. Either way, the world moves on..

I don't think anyone claimed that it's exactly the same, just that it's not the end of the world. So maybe you spend an extra few hours gearing up a character and running more team-based content. Who knows, maybe you find that you actually enjoy playing the game with other people, and acquiring the gear is just a bonus. Or maybe, if your time is too valuable, you just buy Heroic gear off the AH. Or maybe you just continue posting over a dozen messages complaining about it. Either way, the world moves on..
    If I wanted to play an all-teaming all-the-time for any hope of meaningful advancement game I'd still have a Censoredcraft subscription.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Solo you can still farm Q for Zen, then buy keys to sell for globals, then buy either Heroic or Legion. Not sure if that is either soloable or meaningful enough by your definition, but by a strict definition it fits.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Solo you can still farm Q for Zen, then buy keys to sell for globals, then buy either Heroic or Legion. Not sure if that is either soloable or meaningful enough by your definition, but by a strict definition it fits.​​

By strict definition you still get SCR from UNITY missions.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Farm Q for Zen? Have you looked at the exchange lately? I finally gave up and shopped for some stuff in the Q-Store instead - outfitted a new toon with three pieces of Auric gear, with a little Q left over. I may not be able to play the latest content because I'll never be able to amass the SCR needed (not given my schedule in meatspace), but by Long I can at least keep making alts!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    The previous question was only about if it was possible to get top end gear through solo play. No mention was made there about how long it would take to get it. Can also get Onslaught gear through solo play. Easy to get 375 tokens in 15 minutes. So, about 2 weeks for 1 piece. And of course you can get Vigilantes for Q.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!