2»

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    zer0x0ne said:

rtma said:

zer0x0ne said:

*Insert Text ere*

Mmm, The Entitlement is strong with this one, have you ever considered that most players haven't even heard of CO til X-amount of years ago? I've only been around since May 2012, so I never had a chance and I wouldn't know CO existed if my mate didn't invite me to play back then, so it's nice to give an option, and besides AF's are Vanity items, didn't even realize that was Exclusive.

Okay, let's talk about your sense of entitlement in thinking that, just because you don't have them, you deserve to be able to get them. You had just as much of an opportunity to participate in the programs that lead to the possession of those action figures as anyone else, but you weren't around, and that was the intent - to reward the people who were.

I don't have a sense of entitlement. I am entitled to them. I earned them, as did others who were there and participated in the events and programs I mentioned previously. And, until now, they remained as a thank you from Cryptic/the Champions staff to players who have been here since the beginning, for sticking around and having supported the game. Whether they're vanity items, or not, is completely irrelevant.

Except they were given for being there that day(s) only...not for sticking around. The same thing was done to 1000 day sub and actually you can get many of the pre-order stuff online right now. So you aren't special.

In fact, before they unlocked the LTS to have all the perks I was subbed for a few months back in 2012 and my account read that I am
    5k days subbed. I was able to get all the perks these gold guys had, instanty. So you Aint'd entitled to anything that is property of CO.

I guess you haven't seen what they are doing to your special device auras yet...
  • Options

Very nice update!

Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.24

- The Negative Ions FX are now less resource intensive.
    - Players who owned the following powers prior to January 16th will receive a respec: Strafing Run, Ascension, Manipulator, Skarn's Bane, Celestial Cleansing.

I am especially pleased to hear this ^.

However a few powers have been left out and they are from Telepathy, namely, Ego Sleep & Mental Storm. These were also negatively adjusted, I think it would only be fair to include these two as well.

It is also VERY nice to know that such a thing can be done.
    Hum, guess that be cool

Tho, they need to start FIXING the powers themselves, before worrying about someones PC blowing up, like Mind Control bugs and SFX etc
    Psi.
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Great, heroes! You guys just HAD to point that the Distinguished Healing Gloves criticals were affecting more than heals. My tank is SO disappointed! :-/

So each piece of Distinguished Gear will require 36 runs through Teleios Ascendant? Am I correctly interpreting the information provided?

Thanks, Cryptic, for most of these changes. Thanks too for listening to player feedback. We all hope that trend continues.
  • Options
    zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User

Your sense is entitlement is not due your having exclusive content, it's due to your desire for it to remain such.

You are welcome to correct me if I am mistaken, but I don't believe Cryptic at any point said their exclusives would remain so indefinitely.

There have been a lot of exclusive items released by video game companies over the last six years that no longer remain so. Heck, I have a traffic cone hat I got as part of one of the earliest PTS load tests, and that was released as part of a costume set six months later.

These things happen, and while I know there is a desire to take them personally, it's important to put them in proper perspective. You had these items for six years, that's great. Now Cryptic is going to monetize them, and use the funds to improve the game you saw fit to invest in all those years ago.

zer0x0ne said:

rtma said:

zer0x0ne said:

*Insert Text ere*

Mmm, The Entitlement is strong with this one, have you ever considered that most players haven't even heard of CO til X-amount of years ago? I've only been around since May 2012, so I never had a chance and I wouldn't know CO existed if my mate didn't invite me to play back then, so it's nice to give an option, and besides AF's are Vanity items, didn't even realize that was Exclusive.

Okay, let's talk about your sense of entitlement in thinking that, just because you don't have them, you deserve to be able to get them. You had just as much of an opportunity to participate in the programs that lead to the possession of those action figures as anyone else, but you weren't around, and that was the intent - to reward the people who were.

I don't have a sense of entitlement. I am entitled to them. I earned them, as did others who were there and participated in the events and programs I mentioned previously. And, until now, they remained as a thank you from Cryptic/the Champions staff to players who have been here since the beginning, for sticking around and having supported the game. Whether they're vanity items, or not, is completely irrelevant.

Except they were given for being there that day(s) only...not for sticking around. The same thing was done to 1000 day sub and actually you can get many of the pre-order stuff online right now. So you aren't special.

In fact, before they unlocked the LTS to have all the perks I was subbed for a few months back in 2012 and my account read that I am
    5k days subbed. I was able to get all the perks these gold guys had, instanty. So you Aint'd entitled to anything that is property of CO.

I guess you haven't seen what they are doing to your special device auras yet...
    These are pretty much the "everyone should have everything" arguments I expected from people who didn't have them yet. It's hardly surprising that people who don't have something don't see the problem with everyone suddenly having potential access to it. None of the comments from either of you are at all original: "Entitlement..." "Cryptic never promised..." "It's happened before..." and the You-can't-possibly-be-that-naive "Now they're being used generate money for the game".

They're expected because they're the same rhetoric people like the both of you spew every time something remotely like this happens in this game.

Don't let me stop you though. Please, continue to predictably tell me more about how your opinion is more valid than mine.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    gradii said:

I think people misunderstand. He's not worried he'll lose his AFs, he's angry other people will now have the chance to get them.

Oh, I understand perfectly. That's why my sympathy is limited. He's not losing anything except a sense of innate superiority, because as a longtime player he's obviously so much better than anyone else. (Where's the rolleyes emoticon when you need it?)

@ladygadfly, I hereby request that the change to Triumphant Recovery, at least, be reverted. I don't get to play as much as some folks, and it would be more than a little disappointing if one of the devices I rely upon to stay in the game suddenly vanishes just because I haven't logged in as often as someone thinks I should have. (I can live with the limitation on Teleport To RenCen, because I remember when it had charges and then suddenly didn't - I've got a bunch of them in my account bank because I suddenly had over a dozen such items and no real use for them. And it's usually not that hard to get to the nearest jet anyway.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gradii said:

I think people misunderstand. He's not worried he'll lose his AFs, he's angry other people will now have the chance to get them.

I think you misunderstand as well.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    So, did we get one retcon per hero with an affected power, or just one per account?

Anyone know yet?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    They are releasing the the limited time only UNTIL vehicle for everyone to be able to get now!!!!

Wahhhhhhh!!!!!! Now I won't feel special.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

gradii said:

Oh, I understand perfectly. That's why my sympathy is limited. He's not losing anything except a sense of innate superiority, because as a longtime player he's obviously so much better than anyone else. (Where's the rolleyes emoticon when you need it?)
    I don't think you understand much. :)

And I'm still a long time player, so your argument is invalid. Regardless of action figures, I've still been playing since beta, and if this was about feeling that I'm better than you, I'm sure I could come up with a much longer list than just that.

• Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Stick to your guns devs.
    This is shaping up (for the most part) to be a good update.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,439 Arc User
    If Telios was going to go live today what was the point to a PTS patch yesterday? Did anything change as a result of that? Are tweaks still going to be made to the live version now?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

If Telios was going to go live today what was the point to a PTS patch yesterday?

Make sure it launches? This isn't the first time we've seen a 1-day patch like that.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited February 2016

If Telios was going to go live today what was the point to a PTS patch yesterday? Did anything change as a result of that? Are tweaks still going to be made to the live version now?​​

My guess is that if more anger/ frustration roll in, hopefully more tweaks will be made. I think there was likely a schedule to stick to, it is not uncommon for tweaks to be made post push. I just feel this was a bit too soon.

I would have preferred them to push sections of the update LIVE and save the lair for the very last update, but I have no idea how things work in Cryptic so *shrugs*.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    I hope they replace their tired old Mechanon loading page artwork with something new and fresh.
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2016

- Added Fur costume item to Foot Accessories.

This accessory is available only on Female characters.
    This Fur accessory seems to be fitted to Beast Legs, but in Tailor it's applicable for any Leg style. While there's in game furry shin accessories, used to be used with NOT Beast Legs, that you can see on NPC. Example is Bigfoot Tribesmen in Canada, they have accessory, that reminds part of simian foot, but that's not simian. Some have even bone knives tied to that. Please consider making those styles available.
This discussion has been closed.