Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151210a.17 - TA & Silver Recognition Changes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.17
This build is available on PTS as of 1/22/2016

Teleios Ascendant Changes
- Changed queue setting to allow for remote queueing for Teleios Ascendant.
- Added info to Strikeforce Quartermaster vendor.
- Added loot controller and placeholder loot drop for defeating Teleios.
- Added Travel Power Suppression to Grond Clone room.
- Adjusted lore interacts.
- Fixed queue queuing so that new groups are not blocked by smaller groups already in the queue.

Gravitar
- Health decreased.
- Gravitar's special Force Detonation has been renamed to Force Destruction.
- Force Destruction will now defeat any players caught inside of it.
- Force Destruction's build up time has been increased to 2.5 seconds (from 2).
- All of Gravitar's knocks can now be mitigated by using block.
- Gravitar's Force Cascade now displays a warning cylinder before it fires, giving players a chance to avoid it.
- Increased the damage on Force Geyser.

Grond
- Health increased.
- Grond should use his radiation pit attack more reliably.
- His lunge now roots and snares.

Medusa
- Health increased.
- Greatly increased her damage output.
- She now has a lunge.
- Added TK Eruption power.

Teleios
- Health increased.
- No longer uses Singularity, instead uses Force Cascade.

Collectors Lockbox
- Removed inventory restriction from Collectors vouchers.
- Added new rewards to the special categories including old action figures and teleport devices to Caprice, Powerhouse Theater and The Minefield.
- Added Rock costume set to gold costume a ticket vendor.
- Added Rock weapons to weapons ticket vendor.
- Updated ticket icons.

Silver Recognition Changes
- Rampages now drop 3 Silver Champion Recognition (SCR).
- Extra reward circles in Sky Command have a chance to drop SCR.
- Alert Dailies now give 5 SCR in addition to Questionite.
- Unique Alert missions now give 5 SCR.
- Unity 2 missions now give 2 SCR.
- The special Unity2 mission gives 6 SCR
- Daily Alert mission rewards are now level gated. Level 1-24 will receive Primus recognition. Level 25-39 will receive Until recognition. Level 40 will receive Silver Champion Recognition.
- Devices from the Silver Champion Recognition store have been set to level 40.

Powers/Device Changes
- Ao'Qephoth's Shadow Feast is much less potent now. His Devour Essence is slightly less potent and heals for much less when blocked.
- Chest Beam's crushing and particle debuffs now both scale with rank.
- Seraphim's heal is now actually increased with the Balance advantage.
- Skarns Bane cost reduced slightly and can now apply Fear, Confuse, Disorient, Lethargy, Bleed, Poison, Clinging Flames, Stun and Stagger.
- Adjusted the fx on numerous powers that apply movement debuffs to not be as resource intensive.
- Aura of Arcane Clarity, Primal Majesty, Ebon Destruction, Radiant Protection, Seraphim, and Medical Nanites are now affected by line of sight. This was done to prevent players from giving teammates buffs through walls.
- Seraphim's heal now only affects teammates.
- Seraphim's range has been increased to 100ft.
- Medical Nanites range has been increased to 100ft.
- Medical Nanites now gives res all, instead of res to dots.
- All Illumination ranks should work with the Judgement advantage on Ascension.
- Slightly increased the damage and heal on Judgement.
- Increased the range on Judgement to 100ft.
- Different ranks of Illumination on a target/ally will proc the Judgement effect multiple times. Example: If one player applies a R1 Illumination to a ally, and another player applies a R2 version, when using Judgement it will consume both and apply a heal for each different rank consumed.
- Ascension's healing and offensive buffs should no longer be removed when the flight portion is disabled. Updated power's description.
- Gas Pellet's advantage now adds a chance to apply poison to targets.
- Gas Pellets is now a flat area effect power. This was done to fix an issue with the power being too potent against large targets. This will be an overall boost for the power against smaller targets.
- Ice Blast - Increased chance to chill.

- Bear Spear - Cooldown increased to 25 seconds. Now applies bleed.
- Blood of Corruption - now applies a stun. The duration of the stun cannot be buffed. Chance to stun increased to 2%. Now has a 1% chance to apply Corrupt to attackers.
- Feline Metabolic Serum - Now displays a buff icon. Removed cooldown.
- Force Shield Belt - Increased shield, lowered cooldown to 3 minutes.
- Trident of the Elemental Master - Now has a 50% chance to apply Negative Ions to initial target. Lowered cooldown to one minute.
- Rhino Helmet - Cooldown lowered to 1 minute. Increased damage. Now applies knock resistance. Now applies Disorient.
- Manimal Control - Lowered cooldown to 5 minutes. Invocation of the Eclipse Device now triggers properly. Target cap of explosions reduced to 5, radius increased to 15. Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds
- Beneficent Construct - Can now heal the player who summons it. Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes. Increased healing.

Additional Changes
- Distinguished gear set bonuses have been increased to +10 non superstats and +15 to superstats.
- Added Krampus ears to the Krampus set.
- Fixed an issue that would cause loot to not show up at the end of Cybermind.
- The Unity Invitation mission should point to the correct building now.
- Added Aurum gear to the PTS store.
- Removed healing glow from the Psionic Flame Aura in the Drifter Store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    What is a Unique Alert mission?

I wonder how many typical players know about Unity 2? You really need to do something to better alert people to their existence and better explain what needs to be done to access them. I did them once with my first character a few years ago and for the life of me couldn't explain to someone how to access them now.

Still not liking the changes to Unity 1 missions.

Most players get to be so awash in Primus and Until Tokens that it's rather pointless to give them more in Daily Alerts. Why not make it lvls 1-24 get 1 SCR, 25-34 get 2 and 35+ get 3? Better yet, give players the choice between SCR and Primus/Until?

Seems silly to remove the small self heal from Seraphim. Maybe just weaken it a bit.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

I wonder how many typical players know about Unity 2? You really need to do something to better alert people to their existence and better explain what needs to be done to access them. I did them once with my first character a few years ago and for the life of me couldn't explain to someone how to access them now.

Most players get to be so awash in Primus and Until Tokens that it's rather pointless to give them more in Daily Alerts. Why not make it lvls 1-24 get 1 SCR, 25-34 get 2 and 35+ get 3? Better yet, give players the choice between SCR and Primus/Until?

Seems silly to remove the small self heal from Seraphim. Maybe just weaken it a bit.​​

Bummer, still roughly a month/some change for a piece of Heroic :/
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    'unique alert' = presumably the ones that rotate every week; i.e. forum, cybermind, GRAB, green dragon, red winter, harmon and dragon​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Fixes to Ao seem appropriate and will hopefully address issues. Though I'll secretly miss the old Ao'... it was a nice challenge.

Skarn's might not be so terrible now. It was a unique power though, and it's now a lot more generic. I still wish there was something special about it. I think having it just provide a debuff against magic damage would've been nice.

The TA changes look good. Can't wait to see what the testers say.

I believe "unique alerts" are the "Custom Alerts" (Hi-Pan, Cybermind, etc...).

So we've got more ways to earn SCR now. I can live with the higher prices, as long as there is a way to reasonably earn the SCR to buy them. That doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it. But who is ever happy about price increases?

Overall it looks like the devs listened to our feedback. Everything we wanted wasn't granted, but at least an honest attempt to fix things was made. I'm still wary - but it's nice to know someone at least took our feedback seriously.

Kais explained the logic behind the price increases. We may not like it - but commend the CO team for at least being upfront with us. That's a lot more than we've gotten in the past. I'm still hoping for some decrease in the price for heroics and travel powers.

Almost forgot.. Medical Nanities got a decent buff! Thank you for this. I use it one of my builds and it already does decent healing. But with that added % resistance to ALL is fantastic. I suspect this will work very nicely with the HOT component of the power.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    CC is so important when fighting Grond and Medusa now XD I rather have a good CC player than DPS for sure.
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    KRAMPUS EARS OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU??????
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Question: Will those of us who already have the Krampus set unlocked still get the ears?​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Question: Will those of us who already have the Krampus set unlocked still get the ears?​​

I dashed online as soon as I got the news and they were automatically unlocked for me!
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    if my math is right, you should get about 21 SCR from doing the alert (including rampage) dailies, and the UNTIY dailies, but not counting UNITY2 since a lot of players don't seem to know that even exists ;) so going from that it should take about 10 days per Heroic gear part, it still seems a little bit high to me, but all in all it's not too bad compared to what you have to do in other MMOs.
  • Options
    kallethen said:

Yes, they are part of the set, they are not a separate item. If you unlocked the set already, they are already unlocked for you.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    So do we post our feedback on these changes here or in the old telios lair thread? u3u
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Please post in the old threads.​​
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    -snip-

put comment in relevant thread.
  • Options
    The "teleport to the mindfield" device seems neat, might help people rember it exists :* , but now I wonder what happens if a character that hasn't unlocked Vibora Bay gets one? Or is the device locked until you unlock VB?
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    So, now Feline Metabolic Serum is equivalent to Athletics/Acrobatic R3 YEAZ!!! Btw. if it shows as Acrobatic make it Athletics instead plz, it matches concept better cats don't run like planes. Bye darkspeed, at least fromto some mah toonz.

Medical Nanites is now 100' & give RESISTANCE. Incredibly awesome, just like healy AoRP without layering bug. Mb. gadgeteering healing finally receives some love, looking forward for Active Mantained Heal for that powerset.

One thing l'm not certain is that Judgement should consume buff, setted up by another players. That means it can break their rotation if e.g. he setted up onto himself & tank to Celestial Conduit chaining, then cast repeatedly onto himself & enjoy effect, consumption can break the chain & make tank die. Maybe better make it consuming illumination that are casted by yourself, while another lllumin. just increase healing & don't trigger at all if target hasn't your lllumi, just like Electricity's Negative Ions.
  • Options
    The "teleport to the mindfield" device seems neat, might help people rember it exists :* , but now I wonder what happens if a character that hasn't unlocked Vibora Bay gets one? Or is the device locked until you unlock VB?

what teleport to minefield device?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User

Big mistake, imo. If they really wanted to make the other passives viable why ruin the ones that people rarely use. Always seeing that AoPM just saddens me sometimes. And I am one of the people that tries out every power combination I can get my hands hand.
  • Options
    crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    Why add travel power suppression for Grond's boss battle? That gives players more space to fight if the fire patches are in the air... But at the same time I guess it does add more challenge to his fight. I think it was fine how it was.
  • Options

In the collector's lockbox bit

- Added new rewards to the special categories including old action figures and teleport devices to Caprice, Powerhouse Theater and The Minefield.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2016

He's talking about this one:
    Collectors Lockbox
    - Removed inventory restriction from Collectors vouchers.
    And what happens is likely going to be the same as what happens when a level 10 decides to enter the VB Powerhouse after doing the "A Day at the Mall" alert. They'll be able to run around in VB, but they won't be able to pick up any missions they don't have the prerequisites for (missions/levels). If they then subsequently leaves VB, they'll have to pull the same trick to get back.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    gradii said:

- Skarns Bane cost reduced slightly and can now apply Fear, Confuse, Disorient, Lethargy, Bleed, Poison, Clinging Flames, Stun and Stagger.

The duration or health of the confuse appears to be zero; I tested it on basic dummies and all I saw was confuse resistance (it should work on the non-SV types).

If the debuffs procced more it would have some value as a utility debuff, but at 20% per tic it's not cutting it. Perhaps have an advantage that makes it more likely, or have proc rate vary with rank?
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Still no Servitor Serum in the SCR store. Has it been moved or permanently removed? Will it be available anywhere else?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Suggestion re: UNITY2 - would it be possible to add VB to the list of locations accessible in the Teleport pad in UNITY HQ? It's currently not accessible, even if the player has unlocked the zone. Adding it would give the impression that VB is a UNITY operational area, even if you didn't know about UNITY2. It would be even better to get an explanatory mission from the Overwatch consoles explaining how to access the UNITY2 missions (as it is far from clear and makes it impossible to test the drop rates for SCR!)

Opening VB up automatically at 40 has been something everyone wanted for a long time; the continuity issue over not having done the Apocalypse timeline is pretty easy to fix, too (Dr Who timey-wimey stuff, the you which escaped the Apocalypse using Juryrig's machine only lives long enough to pass on a message about needing to save the world by completing the mission arc.)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    So, now when players are doomed to play UNITY 2 more often, and they were avoided for a few good reasons - too much hassle with unlocking, often unlocking being bugged (and I bet this is not fixed), how about stop pretending that gating Vibora every time behind a pointless crisis is needed?

Overall even more disappointing changes.​​
  • Options
    They fixed the Teleport To Ren Cen issue, though, so thanks for that.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,917 Arc User
    Chuold we please Fix The Mind Control Bugs & Sound issues please?, as its really hindering my Builds.

Tho take your time with it, tho I really want it fixed soon
    Psi.
  • Options
    Re: Chest Beam changes. Do these apply to NPC's? If so you might like to check out their effects on Destroids. I think you've de-fanged them a bit; the Destroid open mission in Millennium City feels eminently solo-able with even a basic AT; the big risk with that mission was getting hit (and debuffed) by a Destroid with a chest beam, and that's not so much of a problem any more.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    I might have a few minor quibbles, but in general I'm pleased with the way this update is shaping up. It's obvious Cryptic is listening to our feedback and they have a plan for the game. I haven't tried the new lair yet, but it sounds like a lot of fun. There are even some unexpected power buffs thrown in here.

Hopefully we can keep this momentum going and players can look forward to more updates of this size later in the year. If so, I think we might have ourselves a viable game again, folks.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Gas Pellets is now a flat area effect power. This was done to fix an issue with the power being too potent against large targets. This will be an overall boost for the power against smaller targets.
    *sigh* What is it with you people and removing the unique traits from things? Seriously, since Steel Crusade every time a power's unique trait has been a problem it seems the response has been to remove it. So boring!

-Ogre
  • Options

Why add travel power suppression for Grond's boss battle? That gives players more space to fight if the fire patches are in the air... But at the same time I guess it does add more challenge to his fight. I think it was fine how it was.

The simple answer is people will just jump/fly/teleport over the fire. Without the threat of the fire patches it really is not hard at all. Also, it isn't THAT big a deal as you get to use your TP in all the other bosses, so it isn't like you are going to be walking around the whole lair.
  • Options
    crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

The simple answer is people will just jump/fly/teleport over the fire. Without the threat of the fire patches it really is not hard at all. Also, it isn't THAT big a deal as you get to use your TP in all the other bosses, so it isn't like you are going to be walking around the whole lair.
    I know, I was just talking about Grond's boss battle though. Not trying to make it seem like a major issue or anything. :#
  • Options
    gradii said:

xrazamax said:

MUCH better idea: Have grond periodically do a PBAOE attack which covers the whole room, applying NTTG to all heroes in the battle. This allows players to use their travel powers while keeping the fire patches a factor.
    Maybe, but NttG only last so long and with the mobs constantly attacking everyone, a room wide aoe may wipe everyone except for the the tankiest of heroes.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

if my math is right, you should get about 21 SCR from doing the alert (including rampage) dailies, and the UNTIY dailies, but not counting UNITY2 since a lot of players don't seem to know that even exists ;) so going from that it should take about 10 days per Heroic gear part, it still seems a little bit high to me, but all in all it's not too bad compared to what you have to do in other MMOs.

Still a month :/. I mean, I'm glad they added new routes, and it's on par with the current MMOs as of right now.(And that's for those who play 24/7, making sure to do the dailies every day for a month.)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Gas Pellets is now a flat area effect power. This was done to fix an issue with the power being too potent against large targets. This will be an overall boost for the power against smaller targets.
    *sigh* What is it with you people and removing the unique traits from things? Seriously, since Steel Crusade every time a power's unique trait has been a problem it seems the response has been to remove it. So boring!

It was said before waaay back, but it's easier to nerf/remove than it is to actually fix the power, or buff. :( Even though GP was doing a bit much, you could have spread the ticks out, or something along those lines. Now the Adv has no purpose.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    I'd rather buy the Rock costume set, including weapons in the same set, from the Z store directly.​​
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Is the Unity 2 pre-req chain getting fixed? Because that Foxbat one is a giant roadblock. As in, if you don't know how to fix it, you can't continue the quest chain to even get to doing Unity 2 missions.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Increase the Silver Champions Rec Cap from 1000 to 9999. Or reduce the cost ofr the Alert costume pieces from 1000 to something less than the cap. Otherwise Silver Rec gain can disappear.​​
  • Options
    The Silver Rec rate of gain is still too poor even with these dailies. Before you can get a piece doing Unity twice. Now it takes a month of dailies? Increase the rate of gain substantially.​​
  • Options

The Silver Rec rate of gain is still too poor even with these dailies. Before you can get a piece doing Unity twice. Now it takes a month of dailies? Increase the rate of gain substantially.​​

Agreed. It's already what, two tiers(?) lower than the newest gear.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    sterga said:

Is the Unity 2 pre-req chain getting fixed? Because that Foxbat one is a giant roadblock. As in, if you don't know how to fix it, you can't continue the quest chain to even get to doing Unity 2 missions.

It's definitely still bugged in Live (Foxbat just standing there), though I just managed to get through it earlier. I healed him, left the instance, came back, the two initial mobs that begin attacking him come again, but once they were dead and I talked to him, the mission cleared. No clue if this is reasonably repeatable for others, though.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The new vendor prices are still absurd even with the added sources, most of the travel powers in those vendors are barely worth what they currently cost on live. This isn't the way to get more people interested in team play.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    Any chance of Open World Missions dropping SCR/GCR? Maybe set a limit on how much they grant per day? Maybe set it that players above a certain level can't get any from MC, Desert, Canada but only from MI, Lemuria, VB?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    The fact that SCR will drop from alert dailies means that you'll probably accumulate a fair few on the way to level 40, so most toons should be able to afford the new prices. Not sure about the prices in the Strike Quartermaster vendor in UNITY, though. 250 gold + 100 SCR for a primary? Eek.
  • Options

Any chance of Open World Missions dropping SCR/GCR? Maybe set a limit on how much they grant per day? Maybe set it that players above a certain level can't get any from MC, Desert, Canada but only from MI, Lemuria, VB?​​

Yes! I would definitely go around to different zones if I could get SCR and GCR from open missions!

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

The fact that SCR will drop from alert dailies means that you'll probably accumulate a fair few on the way to level 40, so most toons should be able to afford the new prices. Not sure about the prices in the Strike Quartermaster vendor in UNITY, though. 250 gold + 100 SCR for a primary? Eek.

Not with
    Daily Alert mission rewards are now level gated. Level 1-24 will receive Primus recognition. Level 25-39 will receive Until recognition. Level 40 will receive Silver Champion Recognition.
    You won't.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

You probably missed this patch note:
    - Daily Alert mission rewards are now level gated. Level 1-24 will receive Primus recognition. Level 25-39 will receive Until recognition. Level 40 will receive Silver Champion Recognition.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I did miss that amongst the change notes. Hmm. Not so good, then.
This discussion has been closed.