test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Screen Miniturization

As the title states, my screen keeps randomly(albeit somewhat frequently) minimizing.
However, I don't believe this due to lag, as I constantly run the game at Max settings. I also seem to not be the only one, as I was asking about this issue on the CoX channel, and someone responded that they were having this issue. albeit with Nvidia drivers, wereas I am having this issue and am using ATX Drivers.(not too comp. savvy, otherwise i'd upload my full specs :P)
Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.

Comments

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Is it changing resolution? Putting it in a window? If so the game has a troubleshooting sometimes, atleast for me, where the alt key sort of gets stuck ingame, so alt+return is window mode and fullscreen again.
    Atleast this is what happens to me when i try to enter something in the chat and this happens then.​​
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

Is it changing resolution? Putting it in a window? If so the game has a troubleshooting sometimes, atleast for me, where the alt key sort of gets stuck ingame, so alt+return is window mode and fullscreen again.

Atleast this is what happens to me when i try to enter something in the chat and this happens then.​​

Hmm...so, should I push Alt+return and seeing if it unsticks it?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Atleast this is what happens to me when i try to enter something in the chat and this happens then.

Yes you sohuld try that if it appears again, pressign the alt key then normal once should fix it beeign stuck, that is atleast what i had often with such.​​
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

You can also go into your computers control panel, find the ease of access keyboard settings. (Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use) If sticky keys are enabled you can uncheck the boxes.

There is also another reason why the games screen might be minimizing, another program is trying to start up. Perhaps your AV/MW software or some other background program is trying to update.
  • Options
    draogn said:

You can also go into your computers control panel, find the ease of access keyboard settings. (Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use) If sticky keys are enabled you can uncheck the boxes.

There is also another reason why the games screen might be minimizing, another program is trying to start up. Perhaps your AV/MW software or some other background program is trying to update.
    Hmm..true, an update would usually make a pop-up asking to update, which is weird if a program thats for AV/MW wouldn't do that :/

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

draogn said:

Hmm..true, an update would usually make a pop-up asking to update, which is weird if a program thats for AV/MW wouldn't do that :/

Some AV/MV programs now have an option for gaming, it keeps hides most pop ups while a game is running. Java and your OS's Updater could also be trying to update something.
  • Options
    draogn said:

draogn said:

Some AV/MV programs now have an option for gaming, it keeps hides most pop ups while a game is running. Java and your OS's Updater could also be trying to update something.
    I also feel I should clarify that by minimizing, I mean, going to desktop(not dc'ing, just minimizing to desktop).

42 40s, LTSer.