test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 7/1

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
First: Happy Canada Day! Second: Because of the holiday weekend in the US, we're going to be having our weekly maintenance a day earlier.

We're also going to be having a short network maintenance in the morning before the game maintenance, so we'll be starting an hour earlier. To my understanding, this is the final act of the network maintenances from last week: Tuesday and Thursday were about making upgrades, and now we're re-settling traffic into normal patterns after those upgrades.

Start time: 6am PDT, 7/1
Estimated duration: 2.5 - 3.5 hours

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    What are the odds that it goes most of the day?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What are the odds that it goes most of the day?

Odds should be low. This is most comparable to the maintenance we did last Tuesday.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Aww, no patch notes? For shame...

Oh well, gives us more time to test things out and use the flyswatter a bit more for those nasty bugs in the works... like Flag Flight turning into Normal Flight when you get it to Rank 3 and the missing FATAL ERR0R missions.

How exactly DO you guys manage to break things totally unrelated to what you're working on anyway? Bad/no tags on things in the program?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zagadekezagadeke Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    what did the last patch made to Champions Online fix I couldn't find patch notes. Also are you aware that Grab Alerts are no longer giving the bonus XP at the end for players above lvl 26 or something like that I heard something involving xp was bugged for player above lvl 26 in Grab Alerts.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Will this address the grab bug, (while you are fixing that bug perhaps you could look at whatever bug causes the queues to freeze up)? Any updates for those who can't claim the free character slot?
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Trailturtle could you tell the devs that there is a strange bug where closing the game via alt+f4 or from the menu causes the game freeze and then stop working to then crash to desktop?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ALt-f4 IS kick to desktop.
    It's the emergency boot out and one of the most frequent troll jokes.

which menu? ESC> EXIT. Is exit right out of game.

ESC>Logout goes to login screen but not out of game.

Cryptic symbol>Logout also goes to the login screen.

IF you want to go to the login screen, you have to choose LOGOUT not EXIT.

If you are using ARC, ARC should still be open in a tab on your toolbar.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    I was under the impression that the double xp buff was going to stick around for awhile after grab alerts were fixed, now it's gone?
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I was under the impression that it was going to last until maintenance, like they said. Where did you get that idea?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I just logged into the game, and there was a small patch.
    I assume it was turn off double XP/Q.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    And hopefully to fix the broken Alert rewards.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    I was under the impression that it was going to last until maintenance, like they said. Where did you get that idea?

Because removing Witchcraft while fixing grab alerts would prevent people from actually benefiting from the buff, or at most a single buff saved up?

I already have the buffs necessary on my characters, but some players don't think that far ahead.

• Options
    kajkrkajkr Posts: 37 Arc User

Because removing Witchcraft while fixing grab alerts would prevent people from actually benefiting from the buff, or at most a single buff saved up?

I already have the buffs necessary on my characters, but some players don't think that far ahead.

It worked well on characters under level 25.
    You could save the buff until it was fixed.
    Alerting has never been the fastest way to level, if you had a good build.
  • Options
    emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    I was going to write a heated post about how devs didn't extend the event for a few days after fixing the alerts, which would be the modest way make up for their incompetence, but the two toons i maxed out during this entire disaster made me realize that people were right and alerts really are just a supplement to the good 'ol powerquesting, worth doing at least once an hour to capitalize on the 15% boost they give.
    Nevertheless i'm still disappointed by this blunder and by how little you guys respect your playerbase.
    For now i'm keeping one eye on CO and the other on the development of "City of Titans", maybe having competition would inspire you to really put in some effort into how we, The Players - the ones who support you and your game (Metaphorically and Financially) see you - the developers.

TL;DR - Not mad but step it up.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There you go, semi- heated post because quite frankly I don't see anything to get upset about.

CoT due out;2014,2015,2016. so far.

And what respect for the playerbase. Respect is earned, not given out for free, just for existing.

I don't expect the Devs to make up for it.

1. **** happens.
    2. Did you actually read the terms of service before you agreed to it? I did.

Specifically 25.2 and 25.4

25. Interruption of Service

25.1We reserve the right to interrupt the Service or any part thereof from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of the Service or any part thereof, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.2You acknowledge that the Service or any part thereof may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Service whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.3We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.

25.4We are not obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Service by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraphs 25.1, 25.2.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    Well there goes one worthless Double XP weekend. So much for extending it.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    Well there goes one worthless Double XP weekend. So much for extending it.

Yeah it was pretty much a declaration of look how F'ing pathetic we are. Sad.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Spectrum was conceived a couple of days ago, and is now at lvl 18 with the limited amount of playtime I've actually had over the past couple of days. I have no complaints.

(Especially since the way Double XP works is that you get a 4-hour block of it from Witchcraft, and the time only elapses while you're actually playing that particular character. I have blocks of Double XP standing by for all my toons right now.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I didn't find much of anything else worth quoting because most of it was droning, but i agree with that greatly.
    chaelk wrote: »
    And what respect for the playerbase. Respect is earned, not given out for free, just for existing.
    I agree with that but it goes both ways (I'd like to mention that playerbase is not "just existing", but financing the game. Indirectly signing the paychecks. I'd say that's grounds for some respect, but eh, i'll let that one go.) Also terms and conditions are one thing and i agree that they are convenient to copy and nice to parade, but this kind of law, like any other, is prone to being abused. Sure, i agree with them, but it still stings when the "caretakers" of our virtual world lack basic foresight and understanding, and any player, yes - any player is ENTITLED (Yep, i used that word) to having their own feelings and stance on the situation, like several gentlemen who voiced theirs in posts above me. Bottom line is, we still have the right and need to voice our opinions. It's important, because a fully obedient and passive playerbase would just get trampled over. I'm truly glad that there are people who are not afraid to "say something", come on now, this is not Bioware forums. But i agree that for a second i wasn't sure, due to your attitude. Just let me point out that grabs probably would not be fixed (or would take even longer for them to notice and fix, since players really stepped up the investigation regarding the bug, testing and whatnot) if players weren't being so loud about this bug. Look at one of the other bugs, a more silent one - Third level of flag flight turning the power into the regular flight. Did it get fixed? No.

However like i said in the previous post, i'm not especially mad. I still enjoy the game, i learned some new tricks in that time, discovered some questlines i didn't do before. Just relax, you know. Get off that high pedestal. ;)
    Post edited by emperornf on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    jonsills knows how it works:

(Especially since the way Double XP works is that you get a 4-hour block of it from Witchcraft, and the time only elapses while you're actually playing that particular character. I have blocks of Double XP standing by for all my toons right now.)

I almost always do. First thing I do on every DXP weekend is log in all my pre-40s and tap Witchy. Then when I play that weekend, I end right by her and tap her again. With all my characters, I'm often not out of DXP by the time another rolls around. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Snap. Rolled a new toon this weekend, now lvl 21, running Westside missions and about 3 grabs, with a double Xp boost at the start and the end of the period. I think I still have one toon with a dbl XP boost from last summer... must do something about that. :)
  • Options
    emperornf wrote: »
    I didn't find much of anything else worth quoting because most of it was droning
    chaelk wrote: »
    I agree with that but it goes both ways (I'd like to mention that playerbase is not "just existing", but financing the game. Indirectly signing the paychecks. I'd say that's grounds for some respect, but eh, i'll let that one go.)Get off that high pedestal. ;)

Bah just ignore that doofus, most of us do.

It is a two-way street and when this crew starts to earn my respect, maybe I'll start paying them again.

• Options
    Thanks Neural, i'll take that advice, plus i already said most of what could be said about what happened. I guess all we can do now is put this (yet another) CO disaster behind us and put it on the shelf amongst other past mishaps, and mishaps that are surely yet to happen. :(
    As for what you said:
    It is a two-way street and when this crew starts to earn my respect, maybe I'll start paying them again.
    I agree with that completely, i find the idea of "voting with your wallet" to be the smartest thing a customer can do, and honestly not many people exercise that kind of thing anymore.

By the way, that's a cool avatar. Pentatonix, right? B)

• Options
    emperornf wrote: »
    By the way, that's a cool avatar. Pentatonix, right? B)

Thanks. Yep from their Daft Punk mashup video, good eye. I'm not usually into acapella, but that crew is pretty amazing.

Plus I dig her crooked little smile there. <3