test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rainbow Flight Free Weekend!

2»

Comments

• stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Thanks. Maybe next year have a pride event? Aw, wishful thinking.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User

If they do, there'll be posters claiming that it's a distraction for whatever problem of the week we have then. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like it NOT being a pander. Too many other companies are constantly after me gay monies. This is a nice nod.

PS: gay isn't a curse word, Perfect World.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    Now we know why they couldn't say it was for gay pride. It's banned!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Now that would be a great idea.

I went to the gay (can't type g.a.y. properly with this filter, the irony) Pride event here in London last Saturday. The US embassy had a bus in the parade and it got such huge applause from the crowd. Nice to see!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I appreciate for your kind gesture, but I kind of wish they could anounce why the TP is free (Ironically I HATE Rainbow Motifs :* ) CO has a big LGBT Community after all

HOLD THE PHONE! Gay is considered a Cursed Word? REALLY VANILLA REALLY? G.a.y used to mean Happy for crying out loud

We can't even say GAY pride

Wow those forums sucks

EVEN S.UCKS IS CONSDIER CURSE WORD! WHAT IS THIS? A FORUM FOR BABIES? D:<

this new forum is horrible
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can we get "gay" removed from the filter? I wonder if "straight" is filtered...

Edit: Nope.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    "G.a.y." is filtered because of its casual use as a general slur by kids who don't even realize they're being bigots (for much the same reason a fish doesn't realize it's underwater). Blame poor education and parenting. I do.

(Oh, they'll deny they're being bigoted - "it's just a word, man, I don't mean it that way" - but it's about as non-bigoted as the old '40s-era phrase, "Why, that's mighty white of you!" They weren't consciously referencing racism either...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I would like to thank Champions for acknowledging the monumental win for the LBGT community and for trying to make amends for the especially long update last Thursday. I would also like to thank those in the community for not blowing up at a few malcontents. Negativity breeds negativity, and while I might not think their complaints are entirely justified, I think shouting at them does not make for a good neighborhood. I'm not saying that we all have to agree, but we can disagree with someone without calling them out specifically.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    I appreciate for your kind gesture, but I kind of wish they could anounce why the TP is free (Ironically I HATE Rainbow Motifs :* ) CO has a big LGBT Community after all

HOLD THE PHONE! Gay is considered a Cursed Word? REALLY VANILLA REALLY? G.a.y used to mean Happy for crying out loud

We can't even say GAY pride

Wow those forums sucks

EVEN S.UCKS IS CONSDIER CURSE WORD! WHAT IS THIS? A FORUM FOR BABIES? D:<

this new forum is horrible

Hell is also filtered. It is a very hot place featured in a popular mythology.
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    Offering rainbow flight but not actually having the courage to publicly say why is not an "important" gesture.

I would have been more impressed and proud if Cryptic had made a positive announcement in support of the US Supreme Court's decision.

Corporations suddenly offering rainbow items is meaningless unless they actually speak up.

Yay! Congrats on your opinion. I disagree.

As for the point of this thread? Thanks Cryptic. I have a couple of friends that will enjoy this. Cheers.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
    edited June 2015

You disagree? Please elaborate and explain why......I'd love to know your thoughts.

Meanwhile, congrats on you disagreeing!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User

You disagree? Please elaborate and explain why......I'd love to know your thoughts.

Meanwhile, congrats on you disagreeing!

As much as I'm sure you are dying to hear my reasons, I'm not going to derail the thread any further. If you want to go to private messages, fine.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
    edited June 2015
    Then send me a message, mate. I look forward to it.
    zrdRBy8.png