test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wish List - Mythbusters

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Wondering what's in store for CO in the future? Here is the place to get the answers straight from the Dev/GM/CMs.

There has been a massive increase in communications lately in CO (applause).

There has also been a lot of comments on what the Devs are or aren't working on, yet we're still seeing questions that have already been answered, but perhaps in places where everyone isn't seeing them.

Many of the features that players would like to see, but aren't in the game yet have been said to be on CO's wish list. Meaning they plan on implementing the feature at some point, but haven't got around to it yet.

The purpose of this thread is to gather all the comments from the Devs who have stated that something is on CO's wish list, or that they are planning on implementing it at one point or another.

The purpose is also to gather all the comments from the Devs saying that there are no plans to implement said feature at this time.

This way we can bust some of the Myths that have sprung up concerning what's in store for CO, and perhaps paint a picture of what the future of the game might look like when we put all the pieces together in one place.

So we will have four different lists.

1) Features that the Devs have stated are either on their wish list or they are planning on implementing, but haven't got to the point where they can yet.

2) Features that the Devs have absolutely no plans on implementing at this point.

3) Features the Devs may have hinted at, but not given straight answers on, so we don't know for sure if they have any plans for that feature or not.

I have started to systematically sift through every Dev post on the forum, going from one Dev/GM/CM to the next, and I will post any comments related to future features into one of the three lists.

What I need from players is to state things they remember hearing, so I can look for them as I sift through all the posts.

If another player knows of something specific that should be added to the list, just post a link to the Dev/CM/GM comment and I'll add it.

Another function of this thread is so the Devs can see what the player base may be realistically expecting in terms of getting in certain features. It could be that a few months ago a Dev or GM may have made a comment suggesting that a feature will be added, and currently there are still no plans to do so, while the players are still waiting on it to be added. In this case a Dev could step in and clarify that said feature is not in the works to be implemented. This way the player base and the Devs can get on the same page as to what is expected to happen in the future, feature wise. If there is a misconception about something from the player base, the Devs can set us straight.

Note: This thread is not meant as a debate forum for which features should or should not be added, or why or why not. If the Devs are, or are not, adding a feature which you would like, or not like, to see added, please start a new thread to discuss it.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Here are the lists so far, just click on the Dev/CM/GM's name for the link to the post where they commented on the stated feature:

01) Features the Devs have suggested that they plan to implement at some point in the future, even if they can't now (wish list):

01) The ability to preview our chosen weapons at the Tailor/Character Creator - StormShade - 24/Feb/10 (Implemented)
    02) Improving the Auction House - Poz - 17/Apr/10
    03) Multiple Chat Windows being available - poz - 22/Aug/09
    04) Support for the use of the Xbox360 Controller - poz - 19/Aug/09 (Unofficial Implementation)
    05) Saving settings via a reasonable UI - poz - 31/Aug/09
    06) Implemented
    07) Implementation of ragdoll mechanics - AsDesigned (and Here) - 03/Feb/10
    08) Implemented
    09) Implementation of the Qliphothic realm - Arkayne - 05/Feb/10
    10) Implementation of a Secret Identity System - Arkayne - 13/Jan/10
    11) Melee balance adjustments - Lucid - 12/Feb/10 (Implemented)
    12) Standardization of currency formatting - Lexeme - 12/Feb/10
    13) Implemented
    14) Regular GM updates on bug status - GM_Marauder - 07/Feb/10 - (Implemented)
    15) Theme Item Sets - Antiproton - 13/Feb/10
    16) Better Holiday Events - Chronomancer - 13/Feb/10
    17) More scenario-based PvP maps (Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, etc) - Bill Roper - 13/Nov/09
    18) Some form of "User Generated Content" - Jackalope - 16/Sep/09
    19) Free Adventure Packs release "every couple of months" - Jackalope - 13/Feb/10
    20) A write up on the Adventure Packs from Arkayne - Jackalope - 12/Feb/10
    21) A new reward system for testing issues on the PTS - Chronomancer & StormShade - 10/Feb/10
    22) A Website Overhaul for the CO website - Chronomancer - 10/Feb/10
    23) The ability to change color powers to black and white - Daeke & Chronomancer - 12/Nov/09
    24) Info on 'recruiting' players who have participated in a free weekend or the demo - GM_Destra - 25/Dec/10
    25) Energy Builders will be revamped with a separate pass from the normal Power Set reviews - kemoj - 20/Feb/10
    26) Offense and Defense Passives will each be revamped separately from the normal PS reviews - kemoj - 20/Feb/10
    27) A Pony! - Daeke - 07/Nov/10 (Tumerboy said no free pony rides, not no ponies! :p)
    28) Specific details on melee updates - CrypticAkinos - 24/Feb/10 (Implemented)
    29) New powers added to the game - Heretic - 20/Nov/09 (Being Implemented)
    30) Random weather changes (rain, etc) - Tumerboy - 09/Mar/10
    31) More critter descriptions for the various in game mobs - BJ_Hardbuild - 13/Mar/10 (Implemented with Revelations)
    32) The MA set is getting its own Block power - CrypticAkinos - 16/Mar/10 (Implemented)
    33) Being able to see mission XP rewards during missions - Lexeme - 08/April/10
    34) Adding Veteran Rewards to CO - Poz - 02/May/10
    35) Unofficial support for non-XBox controllers - Poz - 10/May/10
    36) Adding more tights costumes to the game - Poz - 14/May/10

02) Features that the Devs Do Not have plans to implement at this point in the future:

01) Implementing in game Voice Chat - poz - 31/Aug/09
    03) Free Pony Rides (yes srsly :p) - Tumerboy - 14/Feb/10
    04) The infamous "Legendary Update" - Daeke - 27/Jan/10
    05) The ability to earn C-Store costumes in game, that are not currently available in game - Daeke - 23/Jan/09
    06) Vehicle style travel powers - Tumerboy - 26/Feb/10
    07) An Xbox version of the game - Jackalope - 22/Mar/10
    08) New zone to play on the moon - Poz (Shannon Posniewski) - 22/Mar/10
    09) Adding an Off Topic section to the Forum - StormShade - 20/April/10

03) Features that have been hinted at or talked about, but not yet confirmed one way or the other (ambiguous or non-specific remarks):

01) 2v2 PVP matches - Robobo - 25/July/09
    02) Dark Champions - Arkayne & Jackalope - 31/Dec/09
    03) Dueling allowed in the Battle Station in the Powerhouse - Baby_Bear - 10/Oct/09
    04) Allowing access to the Canadian and Desert Crisis Zones in the Demo - Daeke - 06/Jan/10
    05) Raising the level cap - Poz (Shannon Posniewski) - 22/Mar/10 (Said not anytime soon)
    06) Implementation of Super Group Bases - Poz (Shannon Posniewski) - 22/Mar/10 (Said not anytime soon)
    07) Reintroduction of Lifetime Subscriptions - Poz - 02/May/10

X) Current number of Dev/CM/GMs that I have sifted through all the posts of: 43

(This means I have reviewed every post they've made).

If a feature has been implemented since I added it to the list, I will tag it in green as being implemented and keep it there until most players should realize that it has been implemented.

Note 1: Dates listed are in GMT +10, so if you are in the states it will likely be listed as a day later than what's marked for you.

Note 3: Regardless of if a yellow tag quoted still works for Cryptic or not, I will consider their posts to be valid until another yellow tag has contradicted their statements.
    (There's room for one more ^_^)
    edited February 2010
    Interesting stuff, Livingston. Thanks for sharing!
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    H02) Improving the Auction House - poz - 02/Feb/2010
    I think STO dev posts are relevant since the underlying code is shared. This comment
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2028160&postcount=18 implies to me that AH mods are past the wish list stage, but that might just be me seeing what I want to see.

You might also have category of stuff that is a post wish list but pre officially announced (ie it still might not every get implemented but they are trying) and one that are officially announced features that don't yet exist.

Thanks for taking the time to create/maintain this list.
    edited February 2010
    I know you dont want a debate but the following should be in a seperate category called something like Dev';s have talked about / thought of:

10) Implementation of a Secret Identity System - Arkayne - 13/Jan/2010
    12) Implementation of Super Group Bases - Arkayne - 12/Jan/2010
    13) Dark Champions - Arkayne - 31/Dec/2009
    edited February 2010
    There was confirmation in a devchat of something like "parkour" as intended to be part of Acrobatics, but it is(was) currently not possible to implement and is something they really found an exciting possibility and will look at later. That is, I used that term to ask the question and got an answer back that said something very much like that from a developer...with the specifics concering "jumping off walls" and "running up walls" and whether I included that in my question, saw it on the forums, or the devs specifically mentioned it, somewhat hazy beyond that.

I had a link to a posting of the dev chat transcript, but the website seems offline. I'm not aware of where I could find another posting of it, but I think it was around the time of the Blood Moon event.

Actually one of my leading theories on something they thought we might be excited about with regard to "Revelation", as some of the terminology used to discuss the perceived excitement seemed similar to me.
    edited February 2010
    At least my topic spawned this thing.

Time for search an' find.
    edited February 2010
    Another one that needs to be added to the "Features that the Devs Do Not have plans to implement at this point in the future" list is that PC and XBox will not be able to play together. I don't remember where the quote is but I know they've stated it.

EDIT: Found 'em...

http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=1367633&postcount=39
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=1382815&postcount=3
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=1363848&postcount=8
    edited February 2010
    Might want to re-read Ark's comments and move sg bases down to another number . While he says sg's themselves will get qol features (timers/activity meters/etc) he clearly states in the post that super group bases themselves are not an upcoming feature . That aside , excellent idea for a thread so we can seperate the myths from the truth . /tiphat
    edited February 2010
    Ok I've moved Dark Champions and Super Group Bases down to list 3, and modified it's description to fit more accurately with it's contents. I am fairly sure there is something more concrete that was said about SG bases being looked at, but it will stay there until someone can find a link confirming that.

I've kept Secret Identities in list 1 and updated the link with a more affirmative one, which is the one I intended to post in the first place, but copied the wrong one. This one clearly states that it is something on the back burners, meaning it should come into implementation at some point (wishlist), unless they choose to abandon it.

At this point I won't be adding comments concerning STO, as they have separate Dev teams and thus even though they may have the same capability, it may not be practical for the team to implement a feature here that has been implemented there. If however a Dev from STO makes a statement that certain changes will also be seen on CO, then I would add those.
    Supreme56 wrote:
    At least my topic spawned this thing.

Time for search an' find.

Actually poz's post about the auction house and my response (here) is what spawned it. Though your thread did help finalize my decision to start working on it. I've actually been working on this for a few days, in between my tailor stuff and work, as I went through and read every post made from a variety of Devs, many of which had posted nothing relevant to this thread, and I plan to systematically go through every post on the board made by all the Dev/CM/GMs. I do still need player input though as I will definitely be skimming the majority of the posts I read and thus could miss something.

To Demalion: I too remember that being talked about, but I can't remember if a Dev actually said anything about it. A link would be great. ^_^

I will add any new links to the list when I have the time.

-Cheers
    edited February 2010
    Oh, I'm absolutely positive the reply, specifically from a developer, fit within what I described before the "hazy" bits.

I'm hoping someone who reads the post will have a dev chat log from that time period, or know where to look for one, so it can be added to the list.
    edited February 2010
    Updated the list with the links that have been added.

I've also added an "implemented" tag for features that have been... well implemented. ^_^

I'll keep them on the list for a time, and remove them when it's fairly safe to assume that most people are aware that said feature has been implemented.

Also as a note, there is no reason to post Dev comments on features that have been commented on since this thread was made, as I follow the Dev tracker every day. Unless two days have passed and I've made updates here, but haven't listed something relevant.
    edited February 2010
    A few updates.

Added a few items to the lists.

Did some reformatting.

Removed previous condition for list 4. So if you know of a popular rumor that has been circulating, and you want to know if it's true, this is a good place to find out. Any answers to these inquires by other players should be accompanied by direct quotes. I will also personally pay attention to said features when sifting through Dev posts.

As mentioned before, I'm systematically going through all Dev posts on the board looking for any information on future updates, selecting one Dev/GM/CM at a time.

At this point I've cleared 12 of them.
    edited February 2010
    I'd recommend phrasing like "A parkour-like feature for at least Acrobatics was desired by the devs, but is not implementable so far"
    edited February 2010
    Strongly in the #2 catagory: Free Pony Rides
    edited February 2010
    Looks like we had similar concepts for a thread, Livingston! Although I chose to go more general for my thread, we ended up covering some of the same bases. Not trying to step on your toes here, just thought it was neat that our minds were in the same place at around the same time.

With that said, I'd suggest adding "the ability to earn cryptic points in game" and "user generated content" to your feature lists. (see the link above for the sources)
    edited February 2010
    isometry wrote:

They have confirmed that tier four powers will be arriving with revalation. http://www.champions-online.com/node/594835

"BigOtter: That's actually one of the goals of our Tier 4 powers being introduced in our upcoming expansion - to provide high-end thematic meta-powers for each of the power groups."
    edited February 2010
    demalion wrote:
    There was confirmation in a devchat of something like "parkour" as intended to be part of Acrobatics, but it is(was) currently not possible to implement and is something they really found an exciting possibility and will look at later. That is, I used that term to ask the question and got an answer back that said something very much like that from a developer...with the specifics concering "jumping off walls" and "running up walls" and whether I included that in my question, saw it on the forums, or the devs specifically mentioned it, somewhat hazy beyond that.

I had a link to a posting of the dev chat transcript, but the website seems offline. I'm not aware of where I could find another posting of it, but I think it was around the time of the Blood Moon event.

Actually one of my leading theories on something they thought we might be excited about with regard to "Revelation", as some of the terminology used to discuss the perceived excitement seemed similar to me.

Giving Acro good Parkour based graphics and abilities would be amazing!!!

Parkour runs through MC would be a blast! Drive rolls and cat landings... Add some Freerunning flips for flair...

That would be SO sweet....
    edited February 2010
    karami92 wrote:
    They have confirmed that tier four powers will be arriving with revalation. http://www.champions-online.com/node/594835

"BigOtter: That's actually one of the goals of our Tier 4 powers being introduced in our upcoming expansion - to provide high-end thematic meta-powers for each of the power groups."

Awesome! Part of me thinks that was a stealth edit, since I remember it saying "Tier 4 powers being introduced in our upcoming expansions", but since it is in our favor I am not complaining!
    edited February 2010
    Tumerboy wrote:
    Right, because you'd have to implement Mount functionality first, then the ability to make a character "ride" an NPC that's scripted to a set path, with a timer to kick them off when it's someone else's turn.
    edited February 2010
    Aesirgard wrote:
    Right, because you'd have to implement Mount functionality first, then the ability to make a character "ride" an NPC that's scripted to a set path, with a timer to kick them off when it's someone else's turn.

but categorie 2 is : Features that the Devs Do Not have plans to implement at this point in the future
    edited February 2010
    masterdx wrote:
    but categorie 2 is : Features that the Devs Do Not have plans to implement at this point in the future
    ... because they'd have to implement Mount functionality first, then the ability to make a character "ride" an NPC that's scripted to a set path, with a timer to kick them off when it's someone else's turn.
    edited February 2010
    demalion wrote:
    I'd recommend phrasing like "A parkour-like feature for at least Acrobatics was desired by the devs, but is not implementable so far"

Well if we can find a Dev quote for it, I'll rephrase it to accurately reflect whatever was stated for it, but for the time being that should be enough for people to know what to look for. Being in list 4 means that it's not specifying that there is or is not plans for it, just that the Devs have commented on it, and we need to find exactly what was said. I'd rather keep the wording ambiguous until we have a direct source and can thus specify one way or the other for future implementation. This way we can avoid starting potentially false rumors.

Tumerboy wrote:

:eek: LOL, duly noted. :p
    Ssj wrote:
    Looks like we had similar concepts for a thread, Livingston! Although I chose to go more general for my thread, we ended up covering some of the same bases. Not trying to step on your toes here, just thought it was neat that our minds were in the same place at around the same time.

With that said, I'd suggest adding "the ability to earn cryptic points in game" and "user generated content" to your feature lists. (see the link above for the sources)

Wow, freaky. ^_^

I'll add a link to your thread at the top of mine, as even though they serve the same sort of function, they appear different enough to both benefit the players. ^_^
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    08) Winter Event Feedback - Arkayne - 05/Feb/09

17) Better Holiday Events - Chronomancer - 13/Feb/10

Doesn't 17 cancel out 8?
    edited February 2010
    heathenish wrote:
    Doesn't 17 cancel out 8?

Yes and No.

I've just tagged 8 now as (Implemented), I'll keep it there for awhile in case players may not realize it's been posted. And 17 will stay on the list as they have stated they will be using the feedback to make future events better. Which granted is a completely subjective statement, but I'll keep it as evidence that the Devs do have plans on altering the Event content based on our feedback. Once we have an event that doesn't have too many complaints, I'll flag it as implemented and take it off at some point.

Other Updates:

I've updated the list again, and I've also gone through the first two posts and did some rewording to reflect a shift in the focus of the thread. As stated before, I now plan to go through every Dev post made on this forum, which I hadn't originally planned on doing, so there's less focus on getting other players to do this, as I'll be reading them all anyway.

Now the only thing I need from other players is anything specific that I should keep my eyes open for, or more esoteric sources for Dev comments like Twitter, or interviews that aren't posted on the forum.
    edited February 2010
    Tumerboy wrote:

This means that you're gonna implement Pony Rides, and charge us for them!? This is unbelievable!

I'm kidding of course....
    edited February 2010
    alkabeth wrote:
    I think STO dev posts are relevant since the underlying code is shared. This comment
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2028160&postcount=18 implies to me that AH mods are past the wish list stage, but that might just be me seeing what I want to see.

You might also have category of stuff that is a post wish list but pre officially announced (ie it still might not every get implemented but they are trying) and one that are officially announced features that don't yet exist.

Thanks for taking the time to create/maintain this list.

I sincerely hope that devs do something about the auction house. Both CO and STO ones hav horrible UI.
    I don't know about you but I would use browsing all available items at auction house to see exactly what kind of items there are out there. To learn about the system. Now that that is impossible with the current un-sorted code that only allows you to find something if you know EXACTLY what you are looking for, the system alienates me further from crafting and use of items and just make me use only what I pick up myself from questing.
    edited February 2010
    Are duels allowed in the Battle Station in the Powerhouse?

I know they weren't when it first came out, but Baby_Bear said they were going to talk to the Devs about implementing it, was it ever put in?
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    Are duels allowed in the Battle Station in the Powerhouse?

I know they weren't when it first came out, but Baby_Bear said they were going to talk to the Devs about implementing it, was it ever put in?

No, they originally WERE, and there was no battle station, only the lobby. Now theres a separate place where people can duel and the area where the trainers are you cant duel in.
    edited February 2010
    The Battle Station is the area where you can spawn and fight mobs, can you group up and duel in there now?

I'm well versed in the history of the Powerhouse itself, I still have a couple characters parked in the original one, but I don't duel, so I have no idea where you can and can't do it, and I never paid attention to the changes they announced concerning it, as I didn't care.
    edited February 2010
    Tumerboy wrote:

you know we've been promised both ponies and cookies for a long time damn it :p
    edited February 2010
    Aesirgard wrote:
    ... because they'd have to implement Mount functionality first, then the ability to make a character "ride" an NPC that's scripted to a set path, with a timer to kick them off when it's someone else's turn.

*facepalm*

nevermind, nevermind. I misunderstood your post.
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    04) Features that might have been commented on by the Devs, but need to be sourced for confirmation.

01) That there would be a zone in game that you could play on the Moon.
    02) That the level cap would be raised from 40 to 50.

Those two are from back in the beta boards. The moon zone was discussed a s small zone one of several smaller zones planned. No idea what has become of the idea.

And back in beta we where told there where no plans to add levels. Those though are from memory and the beta boards are not available anymore.
    edited February 2010
    Those two are from back in the beta boards. The moon zone was discussed a s small zone one of several smaller zones planned. No idea what has become of the idea.

And back in beta we where told there where no plans to add levels. Those though are from memory and the beta boards are not available anymore.

Thanks for the info. If I don't end up finding anything in my searches I'll take them down.

******* Update *******

1) Added 19-24 to list one

So far these are the 19 yellow tags (Dev/CM/GMs) whose posts I have sifted through. I've went through every post they have on this forum that is still cataloged by the "Find all posts by this user" feature:

Chronomancer
    Jackalope
    Arkayne
    poz
    Crateos
    AsDesigned
    Lucid
    Wishstone
    RoBoBo
    Lexeme
    Baby_Bear
    TheGreatCarloski
    jfinder
    Tumerboy
    BFG
    GM_Terramak
    GM_Marauder
    Awen
    IronAngel

I'm pretty thorough with my searching, but I'm certainly not infallible (except on Fridays when my powers are supreme! -_-), so if any of these yellow tags have commented on features that might be implemented, or certainly won't be implemented in the future, let me know.

Note: I'm not counting things such as the flashback system or Revelations as they have already been confirmed for implementation, aka they will definitely be in the game and are currently being worked on.

This list is only for things that a yellow tag has stated will be coming into the game but they don't know when they'll get to it; that they would like to implement, but aren't sure if they will be capable of doing so; was posted in a fairly obscure thread so most players won't be aware of it; or if it's been months since they said they would be implementing it and we haven't heard anything about it since.
    edited February 2010
    I was wondering? why does super strength give you 20 strength instead of 40 or 50 initially? Also, what ever happened to Disadvantages? or playing Empreyiums?
    edited February 2010
    V9ngu9rd wrote:
    I was wondering? why does super strength give you 20 strength instead of 40 or 50 initially? Also, what ever happened to Disadvantages? or playing Empreyiums?

As far as I am aware, the bonus for all super stats begins at +13, and then increases every level up to 40, at which point it will be at +80.

I've heard of Disadvantages in the PnP game but not in relation to CO, was this mentioned in closed beta maybe?

I have no idea about playing Empyreans. Perhaps you could provide some more details and someone might know what you are speaking of. Did the Devs state at some point we would be able to play these or what? And what benefits would it offer?
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    ******* Update *******

1) Added #25-28 on List 1.
    2) Updated #24 to add more recent info from Daeke.
    3) Added #4-5 on List 2.
    4) Added #5-6 on List 3.

I've finished going through the following yellow tag's posts:

GM_Phoxe
    CrypticOps
    GM_Destra
    Foxbat
    kemoj
    Daeke

Daeke's of course took me quite awhile. Next on the list is Stormshade, who has nearly as many posts as Daeke had. :eek:

_
    edited February 2010
    Here is an STO dev comment about User Generated Content that is phrased in such a way as to be of interest to us:
    dstahl: Cryptic has been very intrigued by the idea of User Generated Content and there is a vision that what you are describing in this thread isn't too far off in the future. We are watching what other companies are doing with User Generated Missions very closely.
    edited February 2010
    Though I do find that interesting, I think it's pretty close to what was said on #19. I did state earlier that I wouldn't be adding comments from STO, but since they are speaking of Cryptic in general, I might make an exception, and add it as a second source for #19. Do you think it differs enough to warrant it?
    (Live long and prosper.)
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    Though I do find that interesting, I think it's pretty close to what was said on #19. I did state earlier that I wouldn't be adding comments from STO, but since they are speaking of Cryptic in general, I might make an exception, and add it as a second source for #19. Do you think it differs enough to warrant it?

Oops, I was tired after a long trip and did not see #19 when I checked for the redundancy of my report. As you say, there is no need to add it to the list, since we already have a comment on it from the CO side.
    edited February 2010
    ******* Mini-Update *******

1) Added #29 to the list.
    2) Updated #1 on list 1, with new info.
    (A very merry unbirthday to you!)
    edited February 2010
    Livingston wrote:
    As far as I am aware, the bonus for all super stats begins at +13, and then increases every level up to 40, at which point it will be at +80.

I've heard of Disadvantages in the PnP game but not in relation to CO, was this mentioned in closed beta maybe?

I have no idea about playing Empyreans. Perhaps you could provide some more details and someone might know what you are speaking of. Did the Devs state at some point we would be able to play these or what? And what benefits would it offer?

Thanks for the answers. Also, Empryeans are like "Eternals" or "New Gods" of the Champion onlines games.

As far as disadvantages, I was thinking like Kryptonite is Superman's weakness, something like that.
    edited March 2010
    V9ngu9rd wrote:
    Thanks for the answers. Also, Empryeans are like "Eternals" or "New Gods" of the Champion onlines games.

As far as disadvantages, I was thinking like Kryptonite is Superman's weakness, something like that.

Yes, I know what they are in relation to the CO universe, I'm just trying to confirm if the Devs actually mentioned bringing this stuff in or if it was just something that players said they wanted.

If the Devs did mention this, but they only said it on the Beta Boards or someplace else that can't be quoted, then I can't put it up.

(Oh Noez Kryptonitezz!)
    edited March 2010
    They said it way back in the suggestions forums too, I am not sure where. But they wanted to get rid of min/maxers so they decided that disadvantages/advantages would be a bad idea.

Not that we don't already have min/maxers. :rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    You are truly a hero Livingston!

Wow i hope they implent the Dark Champions and the ability to make SG bases :D
    edited March 2010
    Thank you. ^_^

Note there is a big difference between Dark Champions and Nemesis Online.

In the PnP game Dark Champions represented the grim and gritty side of comic characters, vigilantes and antiheroes like Batman, The Punisher, and most Image characters like Spawn and the Savage Dragon, as seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Champions

Nemesis Online would be similar to City of Villains in which you would be super villains rather than heroes.

Now it is possible that when Jackalope and Arkayne were speaking of Dark Champions they were really thinking Nemesis Online, as they may not have been thinking of Dark Champions in the way that it is described in the PnP game, but rather dark as in evil. As it would be kinda difficult and a bit redundant to construct another game like Champions only darker and grittier (and thus not as broad an audience). They would be more likely to simply release Hudson City as a new zone and perhaps add some darker costumes, and maybe power sets. But as is we already have the capabilities to build our current Champions in a manner befitting a Dark Champions theme.

Nemesis Online of course is a whole different story and I would love to see that come about. Especially if they could develop some way for us to fight each other, besides straight up PVP.

I'd really like to see missions where a Nemesis player is controlling the NPCs and parts of the environment in the mission and then the Champion player would fight the Nemesis player at the end of the mission.
    (Welcome to my Nightmare!)
    edited March 2010
    Update!!!

Added the following to List 1:

30) New powers added to the game - Heretic - 20/Nov/09
    31) Random weather changes (rain, etc) - Tumerboy - 09/Mar/10
    32) More critter descriptions for the various in game mobs - BJ_Hardbuild - 13/Mar/10
    (No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.)
    edited April 2010
    They did add a lot of critter's descriptions with Revelation. That should maybe be tagged as implemented. There are still many "critters" that don't have descriptions on them, but most of the basics; Viper Soldiers, Hunter-Patriots, etc, DO now have descriptions on them.

By the way, Great thread. Very informative. Thank you for taking the time to research all this and post if for all of us. I for one really appreciate it.

D.G.
    edited April 2010
    Thank you, and you are very welcome.

I've read every single Dev post listed in the Dev tracker since around the end of Oct, and I thought to myself that I see so many threads started asking questions that have already been answered by the Devs and those threads still get a lot of players responding with complete speculation when the questions have already been answered.

So I thought this thread would be a good way for more casual gamers and forum readers to keep up to date on what the Devs are saying about future content implementations so they realize that things actually are being said about it, they just aren't seeing it.

Of course everyone doesn't see this thread either, which is really the only reason I post on here most of the time outside of the threads I'm working on, so players can see the links at the bottom of my sig. Before I started these three threads (on my sig) I didn't post much at all. The VB meltdown is what really got me here and posting, first to complain about all the wrong things I was seeing, then to support Cryptic when they genuinely seemed to be trying to make amends.

I'm a lifer so I really want this game to succeed and grow, so if the more casual gamers and forum goers are kept in the loop, they are more likely to stick around. ^_^

As for the updates, I haven't looked at the current list much this month at all as I've had a lot of work to do out of game, so I've just been adding anything brand new that has popped up in Dev posts, as I have continued to monitor the Dev tracker.

I'll be going through the list thoroughly in the next few days and completely updating it.
    (Gotta get back in time!)