test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Teleport to Teammate and Teleport Team as default feature

nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Suggestions Box
Make up some sci-fi reason for it and just build it into the basic game.

Here's why:
1. I spent a bunch of Z on them and then never get to use them, so I won't be buying more

2. When I finally need one, it's on one or three characters out of three pages of characters, so while some poor guy is waiting in Vibora Bay for a team mate, I go through 15 characters looking for which one has a teleport to teammate item. I don't know how long that took, too long.
I got sick of looking and logged out...long enough to write this and go back and go through five more characters before I found the damned thing on a level 17.

3. When I finally got to Vibora Bay, chased down the guy who needed a hand, he entered the instance of the mission after ticking off every mob in his path, and I was like 40 feet behind him so they all turned on me. When I died and recovered, there was no arrow to the mission.
I had no idea where on the map I was supposed to go.
When new team buddy exited the mission the arrow still did not appear.
I could have targeted and gone into follow mode...across all of Vibora Bay, but I used my teleport, that took me some 25 logins to find. Boop, no waiting, time to fight!

Someone without a team teleport (ie, everyone else), couldn't do that, there would be waiting involved, maybe some random fights that don't need to happen (there were a lot of dudes in that court yard!), maybe some defeat and recovery and getting across the map all over again.

Too much trouble.

4. It would be like On Alert...everywhere for everyone.

5. Could it be exploited? Let's find out! Of course testing on PTS is kind of a pain in teh but with not enough people to team. Getting people paying their monthly sub to spend time testing is a drag especially when every newb game in the world is doing "early access" on a pay once play forever basis. But that's another thing.

6. It would be something you could tell everyone about in an e-mail and social media blast that might drag some people back to the game.

7. your inventory system causes repetitive stress injury so I avoid using inventory and bank slots as much as I can remind myself to not to get caught up causing a repetitive stress injury just to sort all the items. Removing inventory items and placing some things in as basic functions/features of the game would be a huge quality of life improvement. I know others disagreed with this philoshphy when it killed crafting but maybe they didn't have a repetitive stress injury from managing all the items...yet. Some people love all that item management, but clearing bags into a bank vault is 204 repetitive mouse motions, per character...assuming their gold, have four bags and a bank to store the junk in. It's half as many mouse clicks to sell it all.
Post edited by nextnametaken on

Comments

• Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The struggle is real?
    <-- under the 2 page character club. :biggrin:
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Either this or make it a permanent item that is fairly cheap to buy for each character. One of the two.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They just need to officially make them permanent. Its an item that makes things easier but isn't required to play. And costing money to buy one with infinite uses is fine.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They just need to officially make them permanent. Its an item that makes things easier but isn't required to play. And costing money to buy one with infinite uses is fine.

I thought they did just officially make them permanent items?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It IS OFFICIALLY infinity use now, it was made that way when the Variable Robot hit live
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's always been infinite, it's been broken since they released them to be infinite. Well I thought they were, but maybe they weren't and that's why I can't find the damned things now.

That isn't the problem, the problem is nobody else has one, so if anyone is going to use one its going to me and to do that I have to go through 3 pages of characters to find the thing OR go back to a hideout every single time I play a character with the item, stash the item, change character, go to the hideout bank, get item, in the wishful thinking that there will even be any teams to use it with, instead of just "changing character" and going about my business.

If I have a teleport to team mate, but not teleport team, then I a still have to wait like a minute for someone who died at the door of Rescue the Researchers to fly their slow flying butt back from Kodiak. Waiting is not a fun feature of this game. Even more waiting if they died before activating the WCOC respawn and the rest of the team somewhere down there. That's a really long trip with craptastical flight rank 1.

Fast travel is a feature in many games. People obviously dont' care for grinding street level mobs or you'd see people doing that, but we haven't seen that going on in years, even with Q hour giving them 5 Q per kill, the streets are empty. May as well skip the dull part of the game, ie running through the ugly streets of Westide, or the playerless streets of City Center and Downtown and just teleport people to missions.

That's what On Alert introduced, stopped making interesting alerts, while they have hundreds of instances going unused,ie, making all the development costs for that content wasted.

Make it as simple as :
    Zone : LFT <Some Mission>
    Someone joins the team, boop, they can teleport to the team mate. Action happens.
    Exit mission, repeat as needed.

Not:
    LFT <Some Mission>
    Someone Joins the team, wait for them to crawl their rank 1 travel speed sloth butt over to the mission, yawn, ok start mission.
    Exit mission, call for team mate, wait for another person to crawl their rank 1 travel speed sloth button over to the next mission.

Make the game FUN, not just a cash grab.
    Fun makes players play, while the cash grab attitude pisses people right off and away.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We still have Teleport to Recruit as a command in the game, but only with people you referred back in the game. I think it's not much to ask to have the device be a one-time account unlock to be able to teleport your team to the entrance of the current instance you're in at least once every few minutes.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    How about just making it into a feature you can unlock? then all characters get it. Put it in the Q store or recognition store.

Sure, something you can unlock for your account.
    I'd like to see a teleport heavy powerset , so just making it part of that wouldn't be too awful.

Ideally though, default for everyone, so any new player can catch up with a team anywhere.

For instance today, I didn't have my team telepot on my character and I ran Tourists...Of Doom and the following mission with a level 29. Club Caprice won't let him in to turn in the mission until he is level 34 although it let him in for Tourists...Of Doom. If I'd had my team summon , ie, it was built in by default, I could have popped him into the map to get his XP.

In another instance today, a level 12 New Champion got slaughtered by every mob in the neighborhood out front of Fight Club, and I had my team summon, so he was right back with the team as soon as he recovered. Super smooth game play experience, not that shoddy old 'waiting around for the noob to find us, while trailing every mob in the neighborhood again' thing.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I thought they only made Teleport to Rencenter official infinite. There was no mention of Teleport to Teammate or Summon Team in the notes.