test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saying Marvel comics has now more than one Spiderman in its main universe..

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Off Topic
marv2k.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

I think they should add two more to the main comic universe..

In a totally no biased way I say these two should be added, this one and that one .

Both are less stupid than Spider Gwen.
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have you read the Spider Gwen comics? They're super fun, actually. Really great art and silly-fun writing. Personally, I love em'

Rose_sig.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have you read the Spider Gwen comics? They're super fun, actually. Really great art and silly-fun writing. Personally, I love em'

Oh the character itself is fine. Just Gwen being alive in the main universe takes away from Parker's mythos.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    Oh the character itself is fine. Just Gwen being alive in the main universe takes away from Parker's mythos.

Actually, Peter being alive in the same universe with Gwen also takes away from heir origin.

...since for Gwen death of "her" Peter Parker was the same as death of uncle Ben for Peter.

I wonder how Marvel is gonna put it right for both characters, lol.

I'm kinda happy to have Miles and Gwen surviving Secret Wars, but Miles is the only one of this trio not conflicting with each other. :confused:
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If "Renew Your Vows" is in the new main universe, aren't we looking at a high school senior/college aged Gwen Stacy and a 30-something Peter Parker, both still operating under secret identities? Or is this a post-Civil War Parker? I'm so confused!

So it looks like we have Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Avenger (which is what I'm calling Miles Morales until all this crap settles down). Anybody want to start a "Ben Reilly shows up with a Venom symbiote" pool? Because obviously, we don't have nearly enough Spider-Persons!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If "Renew Your Vows" is in the new main universe, aren't we looking at a high school senior/college aged Gwen Stacy and a 30-something Peter Parker, both still operating under secret identities? Or is this a post-Civil War Parker? I'm so confused!

So it looks like we have Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Avenger (which is what I'm calling Miles Morales until all this crap settles down). Anybody want to start a "Ben Reilly shows up with a Venom symbiote" pool? Because obviously, we don't have nearly enough Spider-Persons!
    Hey, don't forget Kaine! (Or is he dead again? I keep losing track...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I really REALLY hope the "Renew Your Vows" will be the new main universe Spider-Man. I wouldn't buy a Spider-Man book since Brand New Day and never liked their break-up. Adding May to the fold, I would buy that book in a heartbeat. However I think it will be a one and done story. I saw some pages of it and it had the Avengers but they had altered costumes. So i am not trusting it at this point.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Miles sucks. :p But what's the plan here? The universes merge into an all new one? 616 stays 616 but some how Miles and Gwen come over to it and never want to go back to their home dimension?

Miles is Miles from 616 but he can't come up with his own hero name, so copies Spider-Man? Sam with Gwen and Spider-Woman, or did Gwen now come first?

I don't see Silk in that pic, does that mean she's dead/cancelled already?
    edited June 2015
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Miles sucks. :p But what's the plan here? The universes merge into an all new one? 616 stays 616 but some how Miles and Gwen come over to it and never want to go back to their home dimension?

Miles is Miles from 616 but he can't come up with his own hero name, so copies Spider-Man? Sam with Gwen and Spider-Woman, or did Gwen now come first?

I don't see Silk in that pic, does that mean she's dead/cancelled already?

Miles the only remaining good thing that ever came from the Ultimateverse (aside of a few good artists).

Too bad they couldn't introduce Miles without having to kill ultimate Peter who also was my favorite version of Parker.

No way they cancel Silk. One of their better selling books for now, so... I already see they are keeping lady Thor, also one of their latest bestsellers, likely there will be two Thors, so...
    I don't believe they will get rid of Silk.

On the other hand... They are keeping Miles who's a liked character, but hardly a bestseller, so I don't know...

Well, I dislike Silk very much, but I think it would be a very stupid idea to cancel her book and I don't think Marvel will do it. Their last She-Hulk ongoing was selling poorly and they did let Soule finish his story arc before cancelling it.
    I think that Silk will stay.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I agree with ya Rosy, but some folks need a whole connected universe where everything "works".

I'm fine if it's a well written story with art that I like.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They will also have two Wolverines.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited June 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    They will also have two Wolverines.

Yeah Logan is back ( well the Old Man Logan version ) and X23 is running around calling herself Wolverine.

They did not even have Logan dead for a year....seriously what was the point of the whole "Death of Wolverine" story line if an alternate universe version of Logan just turns up outta nowhere U_U
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They did not even have Logan dead for a year....seriously what was the point of the whole "Death of Wolverine" story line if an alternate universe version of Logan just turns up outta nowhere U_U

Uh... money? Cash cows don't stay dead when you slaughter them.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...seriously what was the point of the whole "Death of Wolverine" story line if an alternate universe version of Logan just turns up outta nowhere U_U

*cough*biggestmarysueincomics*cough*
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All-New? Nope it's all old characters. All-different? Nope, you've even got multiple copies of the same characters.

ANADMarvel2-June5-2-802aa.jpg

I like how the X-Men are now just represented by claws.
    biffsig.jpg
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Uh... money? Cash cows don't stay dead when you slaughter them.

Wolverine isn't Marvel's biggest cash cow, however.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Wolverine isn't Marvel's biggest cash cow, however.

Didn't say he was their biggest. You just like to argue, don't you?
    edited June 2015
    Didn't say he was their biggest. You just like to argue, don't you?

No, was pointing out a fact.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    No, was pointing out a fact.

I'll let that statement speak for itself and bow out early before you turn this into another of your pointless multi-page exercises in futility.
    edited June 2015
    Wait. I thought their idea was to have the X-Men move to their own unverse. Or is their plan to keep Wolverine and X-23 part of the main Marvel universe.
    edited June 2015
    Who knows at this point. I'm just waiting for Game of Thrones - I mean Secret Wars to be over one way or another.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I'll let that statement speak for itself and bow out early before you turn this into another of your pointless multi-page exercises in futility.

:rolleyes:

Over sensitive much? I say yes.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Actually, Silverspar's right, numbers-wise.

Wolverine is a popular character, but not the best selling Marvel hero right now. And not necessarily because he's dead for now. In terms of books it would be Peter Parker, Silk, Ms Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Lady Thor. And various Avengers setups.

In terms of movies and merchandise - pretty much Avengers or GOTG,

Wolverine is important for Fox and their X-movies, but Marveld did not have him in the scope for a quite time before killing him temporarily.
    edited June 2015
    Actually, Silverspar's right, numbers-wise.

Wolverine is a popular character, but not the best selling Marvel hero right now. And not necessarily because he's dead for now. In terms of books it would be Peter Parker, Silk, Ms Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Miss Marvel. Lady Thor. And various Avengers setups.

In terms of movies and merchandise - pretty much Avengers or GOTG,

Wolverine is important for Fox and their X-movies, but Marveld did not have him in the scope for a quite time before killing him temporarily.

Well part of the problem is that Marvel has started saying "screw the comic fans" The comics mean nothing to them now. They don't own the movie rights to some characters, so for those characters they don't want to do anything with them.

There hope is that the comics going down will help the movies go down.
    edited June 2015
    Well part of the problem is that Marvel has started saying "screw the comic fans" The comics mean nothing to them now. They don't own the movie rights to some characters, so for those characters they don't want to do anything with them.

There hope is that the comics going down will help the movies go down.

If that's the case they're not doing themselves any favors by having two Wolverines being the posterchild of the X-Men.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2015
    If that's the case they're not doing themselves any favors by having two Wolverines being the posterchild of the X-Men.

Well Star Wars and Spider Man are the big sellers for Marvel these days . But I think its great that the X-Men is about not one but two *Wolverines ^__^

Time for THAT gif again.

3830733-0973882509-wolvi.gif

I also want Summers and Logan back to being dudebros again. Jean Grey is a troublemaker that aint worth fighting over.

*even if I do think its stupid bringing him back so fast.
    edited June 2015
    You mean Old Man Logan and now X-23 as the new Wolverine? I dunno why people are shocked we all kind of knew X-23 would be the new Wolverine.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    You mean Old Man Logan and now X-23 as the new Wolverine? I dunno why people are shocked we all kind of knew X-23 would be the new Wolverine.

Old Man Logan. Logan is back to soon. Giving X-23 some room to be Wolverine would have been better. Look at the awesome that was the Greyson Batman.

Also going to be interesting with X-23 being the official Wolverine, X-23 and Summers have a totally different idea of team work :P

a75b81e32a77c70165279c45fd316e8b.jpg

Though shes now chasing after Angel , her dad should have words with her ¬_¬"
    edited June 2015
    Old Man Logan. Logan is back to soon. Giving X-23 some room to be Wolverine would have been better. Look at the awesome that was the Greyson Batman.

Also going to be interesting with X-23 being the official Wolverine, X-23 and Summers have a totally different idea of team work :P

Though shes now chasing after Angel , her dad should have words with her ¬_¬"

Well all things considered, it's kind of that weird angle stuff anyways. Though isn't Old Man Logan a different Wolverine anyways so not exactly the old Logan with any connection to X-23?
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Throw in that Cable James Howlett from Earth-2107 and Governor-General James Howlett from Earth-TRN208.
    Because Wolverine is better than Spider-Man.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited June 2015
    Well all things considered, it's kind of that weird angle stuff anyways. Though isn't Old Man Logan a different Wolverine anyways so not exactly the old Logan with any connection to X-23?

Even with Old Man Logan Shes still his genetic daughter, I say daughter as Marvel so to get round the old the original can sense clones rule Marvel did with Spiderman and the Scarlet Spiders , they made sure X-23 has a little bit of Sarah Kinney's dna in her.

Parker would always know when Ben Reilly and Kaine was near but because X-23 is only something like an 80% clone of Logan there isnt that link.
    Wait. I thought their idea was to have the X-Men move to their own unverse. Or is their plan to keep Wolverine and X-23 part of the main Marvel universe.

Nah due to reality getting messed around by Dr Doom Marvel is changing how mutants came about so Inhumans and Xmen have some sort of common origin.

All the X-books seems to continuing unaltered in the main universe after the Secret Wars. Mutants still look like they are still going to be mutants. Marvel might not like the fact they dont make the Xmen movies but I bet they still like the pay-check they get from them with the added bonus of not needing to fund said movies.

They just made it easy for them to have an "Inhuman" MCU Wolverine of their own.
    edited June 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Throw in that Cable James Howlett from Earth-2107 and Governor-General James Howlett from Earth-TRN208.
    Because Wolverine is better than Spider-Man.

HA! The figures say otherwise. not to mention, Wolverine needs to stay dead :mad:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    HA! The figures say otherwise. not to mention, Wolverine needs to stay dead :mad:

No he doesn't. He's the best and needs to be in every comic ever made :D
    edited June 2015
    No he doesn't. He's the best and needs to be in every comic ever made :D

Shoosh Nepht, you still haven't gotten your eyes back :tongue:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    Shoosh Nepht, you still haven't gotten your eyes back :tongue:

He never seems to stay dead no matter what. You have to admit he is comics greatest troll.

3927755-1155072230-

*oh btw seems retailers can order Deadpool comics again dont know if thats Ms Deadpool or Wade also trolling us.
    edited June 2015
    I would think that Batman would be comic books greatest troll, since he has everyone tricked into believing he is an every man and someone any common person can be. Oh and also able to beat Superman evidently, and any other character in the comic book universe, even gods, and survive a blast from the Omega Beam and so on and so forth something no other character did.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2015
    I would think that Batman would be comic books greatest troll, since he has everyone tricked into believing he is an every man and someone any common person can be. Oh and also able to beat Superman evidently, and any other character in the comic book universe, even gods, and survive a blast from the Omega Beam and so on and so forth something no other character did.

Not me! I keep saying so many would beat Batman.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    He never seems to stay dead no matter what. You have to admit he is comics greatest troll.

3927755-1155072230-

*oh btw seems retailers can order Deadpool comics again dont know if thats Ms Deadpool or Wade also trolling us.

No deadpool takes that honor