test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance 5/14 @ 7am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited May 2015 in Super News Network
Maintenance will kick off at the normal time, 7am PDT. There's technically a patch, but the only player-facing thing is that we're going to be rearranging the C-Store -- nothing new or prices changing, just moving items between categories.

Start time: 5/14 @ 7am PDT
Estimated duration: 1.5 - 2 hours.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    In other words still price gouging on half the costumes when people hardly have a reason to play anymore in the first place due to a total abandonment of content updates.

Great.
    When you hardly have a reason to play any more. I'm starting to get really tired of people in these and the STO forums presuming to speak for me.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foxofflamesfoxofflames Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    In other words still price gouging on half the costumes when people hardly have a reason to play anymore in the first place due to a total abandonment of content updates.

Great.

Can this comment please be listened to? I'm honestly sick of getting my hopes up just to have them dashed by this game. Anyone who's seen the Variable Robot costume on the PTS right now can agree with that, I'm sure.
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
    ~George Washington
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can this comment please be listened to? I'm honestly sick of getting my hopes up just to have them dashed by this game. Anyone who's seen the Variable Robot costume on the PTS right now can agree with that, I'm sure.
    And I'll make the same point here that I made in the PTS thread - this went into PTS just before closing time last night (in fact, it looks like they stayed a little late getting this in). They're not at work yet this morning.

There has been no opportunity for anyone to act on the feedback yet. Cryptic Studios, in Los Gatos, CA, is located in the Pacific time zone, where as I type it's 7:30am. Give them a chance to at least grab a cup of coffee, yeah?

Gradii, you said "people have no reason to play...". I am a people, am I not? You're including everyone in your statement, and I am living proof that this is inaccurate. It's been a burr under my saddle for some time, and I've just gotten tired of quietly accepting it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • d0csteeld0csteel Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    When you hardly have a reason to play any more. I'm starting to get really tired of people in these and the STO forums presuming to speak for me.

Agreed - it's a game, and while constant new content would be great, it's not necessary if one enjoys the character building aspect which the game is built around.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And I'll make the same point here that I made in the PTS thread - this went into PTS just before closing time last night (in fact, it looks like they stayed a little late getting this in). They're not at work yet this morning.

There has been no opportunity for anyone to act on the feedback yet. Cryptic Studios, in Los Gatos, CA, is located in the Pacific time zone, where as I type it's 7:30am. Give them a chance to at least grab a cup of coffee, yeah?

Gradii, you said "people have no reason to play...". I am a people, am I not? You're including everyone in your statement, and I am living proof that this is inaccurate. It's been a burr under my saddle for some time, and I've just gotten tired of quietly accepting it.

If I chuold pay this guy, to say this in your face Gradii and make you eat them words I whuold.

If your here to complain, you kown where the door is...

Thank you...
    Psi.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2015

While what you said is true Jon, for me the following statement from the OP of the new PTS build thread is the big problem.....
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    We do not plan to add any more materials to the Variable Robot costume.

Seems to me that they knew there would be comments to add other materials (understandably, since cloth/leather/metal is now standard) and they have done a pre-emptive "no".

Seems very shortsighted to me. Let's hope they change their minds.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    Maintenance is complete, by the way.
  • praecopraeco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015

As someone who's been trying to figure out how to respond to some of the posts here, I gotta ask:

Did you look at the argument(s) and go, "Newp, not touching that"?
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Any chance you can inform us of what was moved and to where? So we dont go looking for things, finding they have been moved, then get really frustrated when we cannot find them?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't you get a lore perk when you find them now? :biggrin:
    bwdares wrote: »
    Any chance you can inform us of what was moved and to where? So we dont go looking for things, finding they have been moved, then get really frustrated when we cannot find them?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015

I don't have a list, sadly - I threw data and analysis at the devs, but wasn't involved in actually choosing what goes where. If it gets confusing, I can maybe write something up, but should be easy enough to understand.
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015

Overall the changes should have made the store more intuitive and easier to find things you're looking for, but just in case you get lost, here's a list of the changes:

- Auras and Emotes have been made subcategories Costumes.
    - Costumes have additional subcategories that also include Classic, Fantasy, Menacing, Sci-fi, & Collections.
    - Action Figures have been moved a subcategory of Items.
    - Items that boost characters, rewards & fusion have their own Boosts Category.
    - Become X items have been moved to the new "Disguises" section of Powers.
    - Keys have been moved to Items.
    - The number of items in the Welcome/Featured section has been reduced.
    - Vehicles now have appropriate subcategories.
    - Typos in the store have been addressed.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Overall the changes should have made the store more intuitive and easier to find things you're looking for, but just in case you get lost, here's a list of the changes:

- Costumes have additional subcategories that also include Classic, Fantasy, Menacing, Sci-fi, & Collections.

Very nice fixes. Looking forward to seeing it in action :)
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Speaking of the Cstore

Hopefully you guys are giving a look to Sidekicks and Henchman. At the current price they aren't worth buying.. because they only last 1hr. That's a poor value for the price.

They should be permanent like BOFFS and Companions in your other games. People are willing to pay good money for those pets - because they are worth it. Which is the exact opposite of hencmen and sidekicks in the Cstore.

In all the years I've played, I don't think I've seen anyone use these even once. Which is sad, because they do add something to the game.. and are interesting.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    riverocean wrote: »
    In all the years I've played, I don't think I've seen anyone use these even once. Which is sad, because they do add something to the game.. and are interesting.

Years ago they were popular, you got a costume piece with the Harajuku girls and I guess subscribers didn't know what else to spend money on. But honestly I can't remember seeing one being used in years.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a character that uses a sidekick, but I just collected all the free Indy Kids from my characters at the July 4th event, so I have a simulacrum of "permanent". :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This is actually good stuff. Now if a similar pass could be made to the in categories of the in game auction house I'd be really happy. There are several things there that could be split to their own category (or to *any* category as they only show up under All), and defaulting the level search range to blanks would save a lot of "why can't I find this on the auction" explanations to newer players.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are actually a couple places where the new categories feel... off.

Some of these are minor quibbles - it feels odd to have become items listed under "powers" when they're single-character items that don't unlock any actual new powers. Thematically, becomes would seem to fit a lot better with vehicles as general "transform-your-character" things.

But the big one is costumes and auras getting lumped into one pile, with no category for "all costumes". When I'm looking at what costume set I want to get next, I'm really not interested in either scrolling through piles of auras I don't care about or clicking through a half-dozen different tabs that split costumes up into mostly-arbitrary groups.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Well that's definitely something to get out of this update. Considering the space suit device from Steel Crusade, I'm willing to bet that they're going to add to this category since Disguises is less specific toward Become Devices and more about appearance changing.