test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best become devices?

novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
Yeah yeah, I know that they don't take in specs and so suck, etc.

But which one of these becomes are the better ones?

I have seen:

the Djinn - it lacks survivability but the blade summon is nice

the Vampire - nice survivability but lacks damage and can get boring fast

the Halloween ones - are all ba except the mummy, which has decent dps

the Chaos Demon - nice, really nice, perhaps my favorite so far

the Resistance Commander - great tank, decent dps, too , one of my favorite

the Black Talon - bad, for all the hype it gets, incredibly bad. The DPS sucks too

So? Other than these, there a few more:

- Lemurian Power Armor
- Werewolves
- Cyberninja
- Gladiator Imperator
- Gingerbread man
- Toy Soldier
- Doomlord
- Celestial

How good are these?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
Post edited by novaninja555 on

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Chaos Demon and Become Werewolf are my favorites. I imagine the Become Vampire would be pretty awesome too - due to being able to heal yourself back up.

The Become Doomlord & Celestial are indeed nice - but extremely rare. The ability to easily resurrect your allies comes in handy for rampages. But You have to lockbox gamble or search the exchange for them. The Drifter used to sell them, but he doesn't anymore.

Honestly there are two C-Store family of items I keep hoping get an improvement pass: Becomes and Sidekicks/Henchmen

People would buy more of them (and use them more) if they were useful.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a toon that uses both Concentration and Form of the Tempest that can use all the Becomes because of it for their true full effectiveness. The bonuses work and it really rounds them all out.

Cyberninja's Laser Sword does some consistently great damage and is spammable

Black Talon everything (don't use mighty kick)

If you got characters with the appropriate forms the become devices are viable.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought Becomes weren't affected by character powers at all. What forms benefit which Becomes?

On my healer, while leveling up in Alerts, I used a Become Lemurian Power Armor for when healing wasn't needed and it seemed to work really well, aside from having a big lack of energy. But after blowing all my energy, I'd turn it off, get energy back, heal anyone that needed it, and turn it back on and fire away. It got the job done and was actually fun to use.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having Grimoire AT and using Lemurian PA was friggin awesome. Infinite energy, pretty much, and could plow thru stuff with ease, in Alerts. And in Boss fight, pop the "Energy Circle", activate the Lemurian PA device and you really have Infinite Energy. The Circle stays active.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't stress enough how great Lemurian Power Armor is.

It used to suck, but that was because it was bugged for a long time, and half of it's Invulnerability passive wasn't functioning properly.. so it was squishier than it should have been.

I waited a long time after submitting the bug report, but the bug was eventually fixed, and now testing has revealed to me that it not only runs Invulnerability with no bugs, but it also [for some reason] is an Offense role Become.

So it runs a defense passive in offense role, dealing the damage of a Offense role character [almost] but with invulnerability. the energy issue is a minor price to pay for this utility, especially if you use the device with a healing support character that runs in support role for high energy.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The forms do work the same way vehicles did when they were first introduced. Vehicles were pretty much a cut and paste job after all.

Use the form that works best with the powers on the become, like anything with high str and has knocks can use Enrage, and any ranged Become can use Concentration. You can also use Compassion for Celestial.
    aside from having a big lack of energy.

The forms also grant energy when their requirements are met so energy issues almost disappear entirely.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Interesting. Do these forms show up in the...status bar (I don't know what you call that list of icons below your name)? I may have to think about retconning Copycat, my character that ONLY uses Becomes. I thought what I did with his base character mattered not at all.

EDIT: Just to ask, you're not talking about Concentration, say, carrying over some stacks after you change, and then timing out, right? You're talking about them actually using it? Gaining stacks in the same way, etc?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The "Become Mummy" device pairs nicely with the Grimoire... thanks to Sigils and Circle of Arcane Power remaining active after you cast them.

The Grimoire also makes a nice pilot for vehicles - for the very same reason. :rolleyes:

Also is it still true that there are some bug issues with SS's and Becomes??Like the Behemoth making some devices like the Werewolf more sturdy thanks to the CON superstat???

I've heard that but never confirmed it myself.

In general -- I like using Becomes on squishy ATS for heal ups. You know unleash your big attacks switch to the become form to finish the fight.. etc..
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I always thought the Werewolf was the best one.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wish they'd fix all of the old OM "becomes" to act like the current ones.

Those all had a duration (like 5 minutes), then went on cooldown (like 4 HOURS). Some were fun. Most needed a passive (like Defiance on ... the become Bear).
    My favorite of those were the Chimerael Potion of the Cat because I liked dropping a punji stick trap, whose version was NOT OP.

Then, ofc, they need to make them all available again. Ah, to dream ... :cool:

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, and on the subject ...

I won't tell you what I believe is the best Become device because if I tell you why, some Dev will look at it and nerf it. :rolleyes:

Suffice it to say that, prior to it actually getting a buff (read: a passive), it was FINE, but hardly anyone knew how to USE it effectively.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"