Level 6: Academics
Level 9: Shooter
Level 12: Coordinated
Level 15: Field Ops Training
Level 18: Wordly
Level 21: Daredevil

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Tactical Missiles (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Infrared Guidance System)
Level 8: AoPM (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Concentration
Level 14: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Overdrive
Level 20: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Holdout Shot (Rank 2, Stim Pack)
Level 26: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Lead Tempest (Tread Softly)
Level 38: Sparkstorm (Electric Personality)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Swinging

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Tinkering (2/2)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

I really dig this build. Just got to Lv38 and I'm not sure how useful Electric Personality will really be. I planned to use it thematically like could purposefully overload his circuits while using Lead Tempest/Tread Softly defensively. I was thinking about getting rid of the Energy Shield, replacing it with Nimble Mind, couple this with getting rid of Infrared Guidance System on Mini-Gun and I'd have enough adv points for Flippin'. Those are my main questions for this build, but any other advice would also be appreciated!

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Troglo-Tyke

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Savage
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Relentless
Level 12: Quick Recovery
Level 15: Martial Focus
Level 18: Acrobat
Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
Level 1: Bestial Fury
Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 6: Pounce
Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Brimstone (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
Level 29: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Honestly, I'm not sure how to handle this. I'd like a melee bestial toon and the raptor summons work kinda well for a caveboy, but other than that, I'm not sure how to build it. I know that I want Brimstone simply to transform from a caveboy into different dinosaurs.

Name: Lullaby

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Marksman
Level 6: Academics
Level 9: Shooter
Level 15: Healthy Mind
Level 18: Acrobat
Level 21: Ascetic

Powers:
Level 1: Boomerang Toss
Level 1: Straight Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 14: Storm of Arrows (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Form of the Tempest
Level 20: Explosive Arrow (Where's the Kaboom?)
Level 23: Uppercut (Rank 2, Head Trauma)
Level 26: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
Level 35: Swinging (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Persevere (2/2)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

She was born blind. Her dreams would make her mute. Her empathy would fuel her understanding. Her focus would heighten her senses. And her teachings would make her a weapon.
Born into a secluded Society, her blindness was not considered a defect, but an omen. A prophecy fulfilled. She would be the hand that lifts their Society from obscurity into greatness. Her indescribable dreams would be considered visions, perpetuating her people's hope for glory.
Her training began before she could walk. A regimen focusing on giving her sight without eyes, teaching her to use touch to navigate and use sound to heighten her awareness. Next, she was taught self defense, studying and mastering martial arts for several years before learning how to fight with weapons.
Firearms were sudden and loud, disruptive to her senses. She was a surprising marksman, despite her lack of vision. The bow and arrow became her favorite weapon due to the audible and physical feedback. The sound of the tightening then snapping of the line. The arrow flying through the air, cutting silence. The thud of impact. She liked swords and blunt weapons for the same reason. Being able to hear them before they struck and when they struck.
She was easy to mold and shape to fit the Society's needs and when they were done training her, when all their masters had passed on all they could to her, she was sent off to be a hero. To make a name for herself and enlighten the world of where she came from. She would heed the call for heroes in Millennium City, bringing with her a prestigious training and a Distinguished background. A beacon of what her Society has to offer. She will be the way in, their ranks will swell, their name will be known.
-
In game @Ruesteur
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xaqchance on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll try to keep this brief for now-

For Gunmetal, ya mostly covered my concerns in the comments. I wouldn't include Sparkstorm for practical reasons on a ranged PA build, but if its for theme then go ahead. If ya do decide to replace something w/ ES/NM, then ya'd prob want to swap Anguish for Offensive Expertise in Avenger.

Ya also didn't include Rec SS for Overdrive, so I'm wondering how ur energy situation is here. In any case, having Int PSS w/ Ego SS is a bit of a waste w/ Quarry builds, since Audacity bumps Ego past the ranged dmg soft-cap w/o SSing it. I'd prob drop Ego 2ndary for Rec, or if ya want more health try a INT/Rec/Con SS setup.

Lastly, I would prob take Avenger Mastery here; since ur using a PA blast power its a nice dps increase over Int Mastery.

For Troglotyke, ya could add more bestial pets like the Arctic Beast or the Primal Ritual. In any case, my main concern for this build is using Enrage, since AotB is a better fit w/ Shred + Rupture. Enrage can still work, but it may depend on what powers ur mostly using.

Lullaby's build is a bit weird, but looks functional. I'm unsure what attacks ya plan on using for single-targets, though. For Quarry and FotT, I'd take a INT/Dex/Con or DEX/Int/Con SS setup. Lastly, Sentry isn't that great of a spec for the build; I'd prob just take Vindicator over it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    xaqchancexaqchance Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That was strange, I'm not sure how Quarry ended up in Gunmetal's build. Maybe I was tired. But it's supposed to be AoPM. Would adding Rec to that build instead of Ego affect my DPS? I've gotten a few pm's in Alerts about it being impressive. I didn't really notice the Avenger mastery either, I'm just in love w/ Int as a PSS and all it has to offer, even though I probably don't understand it fully. I'm definitely going to try Avenger though.

For the Tyke I was thinking of using Shred to apply the bleeding then Embrace to utilize it. Brimstone is mostly for theme. A friend of mine uses it along with a bind to change from civilian wear to a hero outfit. I was going to use that idea to change from a caveboy costume to different dinosaurs. I put ranks into because I was concerned about the build's lack of AoE, but if I dropped those ranks and a power for another summon, maybe that could cover that concern? Maybe Unleashed Rage for the primal circle with unbound and r2?

I'm not sure for Lullaby either. I haven't really used her yet. Just planned a build to use. For single targets I was thinking of Straight Shot and Explosive Arrow, the melee attacks for debufs and buffs if they decide to close in. I had a pretty useful archery build on an old computer, but I can't retrieve or remember it. I might replace one of the melee attacks for another Archery attack. Also, Sentry sounds good on paper, but I'll probably fix that too with Vindicator. Unless... Is it possible to build around Sentry and still use Archery attacks?

Edit: Sentry's use isn't exactly clear to me and with my limited build knowledge as it is, this build is just a projected estimate of what to use. From what I understand, Sentry looks to benefit tanks, so that's where I went. I've never used Lightning Reflexes, or really built a tank before for that matter.

Name: Lullaby

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Healthy Mind
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 15: Daredevil
    Level 18: Ascetic
    Level 21: Shooter

Powers:
    Level 1: Boomerang Toss
    Level 1: Straight Shot (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Sonic Arrow (Deadly Dissonance, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 14: Storm of Arrows (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 17: Sonic Device (Deafening Dissolution)
    Level 20: Explosive Arrow (Where's the Kaboom?)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Swinging (Rank 2, Flippin')

Specializations:
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (2/3)
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Persevere (2/2)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    -
    In game @Ruesteur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have a character in mind who is inspired by Shadowrunners and smugglers in the Star Wars universe. I'll post a link to a build that I love that comes real close to this idea for me. It's just for a reference point, I'd like to achieve something similar.http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=4&n=Tactician&d=1234ZGHMKPb73608104850587056403A600AE05AF05CH03K800CG00DH049F007801EI050G0n3Svt3UbT I want to mix range and melee by utilizing "boxing" (some of the Might tree works at least in theme and I wouldn't be opposed to invisible Heavy Weapons) with Gatling Gun and Sniper Rifle. I'm just not sure if this is feasible. Also, being the type of hero he is he makes use of his vehicle and I'd like to represent this with Strafing Run and maybe Orbital Cannon.

Name: Kreau

Super Stats:
    Level 6:
    Level 10:
    Level 15:

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Beatdown
    Level 6:
    Level 8: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 11:
    Level 14: Demolish (Below the Belt)
    Level 17: Gatling Gun
    Level 20: Sniper Rifle
    Level 23: Strafing Run
    Level 26:
    Level 29:
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:

I understand this build is missing a passive, toggle, heals, AOs and ADs but I wasn't sure where to go, other than Stim Pack on Holdout Shot (it's my favorite in-game move). Oh, and one of the travel powers should be Jet Pack. My play style involves DPS, but I don't mind trying for Tank, whatever the build lends itself to really. Not looking to PVP, just solo to Lv40 with a heavy dose of XP Alerts.

Help realizing this toon and any others is always appreciated! Thanks!
    -
    In game @Ruesteur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Didn't see the older reply, but mine as well address those.
    xaqchance wrote: »
    That was strange, I'm not sure how Quarry ended up in Gunmetal's build. Maybe I was tired. But it's supposed to be AoPM. Would adding Rec to that build instead of Ego affect my DPS? I've gotten a few pm's in Alerts about it being impressive. I didn't really notice the Avenger mastery either, I'm just in love w/ Int as a PSS and all it has to offer, even though I probably don't understand it fully. I'm definitely going to try Avenger though.

AoPM will be easier on the energy than Quarry. I'm not sure if you'll need to SS Rec or End for it to work, but its worth testing that out in the PH w/ the gear ya want. If ur fine w/o Rec/End SS, then Dex SS is a good pick for Int PSS due to its interaction w/ Expertise.
    For the Tyke I was thinking of using Shred to apply the bleeding then Embrace to utilize it. Brimstone is mostly for theme. A friend of mine uses it along with a bind to change from civilian wear to a hero outfit. I was going to use that idea to change from a caveboy costume to different dinosaurs. I put ranks into because I was concerned about the build's lack of AoE, but if I dropped those ranks and a power for another summon, maybe that could cover that concern? Maybe Unleashed Rage for the primal circle with unbound and r2?

UR is a good power for burst dps, but due to its cd it can't really fill the role of a regular AoE power. Brimstone is good for AoE and works w/ Enrage, FotTempest, or FotTiger, but it won't work w/ AotB (which may be a problem since AotB is good for Shred).

There aren't many good bleeding AoEs either (well, there's SMG w/ adv, but that's Muni and also Ranged). Its kinda up to you. Bleed builds are strong dps, but FotS or AotB as toggles don't make filling the AoE easy. If ya go w/ Enrage, then ya may want to focus away from the bleeding powers and take more knocks, like Massacre.
    I'm not sure for Lullaby either. I haven't really used her yet. Just planned a build to use. For single targets I was thinking of Straight Shot and Explosive Arrow, the melee attacks for debufs and buffs if they decide to close in. I had a pretty useful archery build on an old computer, but I can't retrieve or remember it. I might replace one of the melee attacks for another Archery attack. Also, Sentry sounds good on paper, but I'll probably fix that too with Vindicator. Unless... Is it possible to build around Sentry and still use Archery attacks?

Ya can use any specs ya want, its just that Sentry is built to aid you and allies w/ support (more heals inc and dmgRes) and possibly stronger holds- its not a great tree for dps in itself. Up to you how to prioritize ur build. Ya can make a Support-like Archer (or even an Archery tank), but it may look quite diff in build and playstyle than the usual dps that Archery is built around.

-

For ur SW Scoundrel build, which melee attacks you take will somewhat depend on the feel ya want for the character (Might is best at slow, heavy charged attacks and generally knocking stuff around; MA is more finesse and speed).

Regardless, if its a ranged + melee attack mix, then you'll want a lunge (to bridge the ranged differences) and prob to use FotTempest as the toggle, since it works easily w/ any type of attack out there. I'd also swap to a ranged end builder (more for leveling than anything- having a melee end builder when ur at ranged using ranged attacks is annoying imo). Def want MSA as the EU too, since ur using some cd-based attacks as is. Wardicator or Guardicator are also safe choices for any variety of builds, including the odd melee/ranged mix.

Here's an edit of that build, assuming ya can use FC powers w/ invis weapons to look like ur punching peeps (though ofc the melee attacks could be w/e ya like visually; I chose FC cause it provides a Dragon move for Rush, and easy synergy between DC and VF's Shredded):

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 15: Healthy Mind
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Smoke Bomb Lunge
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Strafing Run (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 29: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Retaliation (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    As always, I really appreciate your help! I like the build you posted and I'm working with it now. I moved some powers around for leveling purposes and I replaced Retaliation with Quarry. Did you intend to leave out a passive?

Also, what do you think of the Archery tank build I posted?
    -
    In game @Ruesteur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xaqchance wrote: »
    As always, I really appreciate your help! I like the build you posted and I'm working with it now. I moved some powers around for leveling purposes and I replaced Retaliation with Quarry. Did you intend to leave out a passive?

Also, what do you think of the Archery tank build I posted?

Nope, that was just an oversight, as I took your template to edit it didn't want to change some of the attacks, but forgot the passive since I normally include it early. So good catch.

But yeah, Quarry is a good pick for the passive, though that may depend on the role ya want to run the build in.

The Archery tank build looks good, though I'd prob change the specs to Guardicator- for a good boost to crit rate, severity, offense, and defense.

I have a very similar build for an Archery tank. Single-target 'rotation' for that was Straight Shot -> tap Explosive -> channel Storm of Arrows.

Archery is kinda weak at ST dps, but due to Arrow Storm applying CS pretty rapidly and still having CripC on Straight Shot, it can still hold aggro pretty well in Alerts (not vs. Gravi, though, partly cause of optimized/geared players and partly cause of her blasted KM passive).