test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A place where your Nemesis just shows up . . .

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Missions and Content
Howdy, folks. Many of you know (and some don't) that your Nemesis has something like a 20% chance of showing up at the entrance to the Lava Temple instance on Monster Island. This isn't the Andrith Lair, but the instance whose location is nearby. The instance can be entered without a mission to fight level 42 mobs.

Does anyone know of another place in game that your Nemesis will appear in from time to time?

Not Nem missions, but either an instance or open world area.

Thanks!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Comments

• Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To my knowledge there isn't another, I asked this myself a while ago. Minions have a chance to show up at the end of one of the MC Elder Worms missions (not the one with Bluejay, the other one), but that's the only comparable event I know of.

-Ogre
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a mission on Monster Island (Rats in a Maze) that has a chance to be ambushed by Nemesis minions. Other than that, no.

So like 3 instances in the entire game where your nemesis can mess with your progress directly.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Whiteout by Cyberlord.

I've been attacked by nemesis minions inside the ARGENT refinery in Mechassassin's room sometimes if I have a nemesis by then.

Are you saying your Nem showed up in Whiteout? Just minions?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Are you saying your Nem showed up in Whiteout? Just minions?

If you solo Whiteout your nemesis by him/herself will appear, alongside Cyberlord and Cyberlord's minions to fight you.

If you take a team in and you are leading the team...the same thing will happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ah, cool. I forgot about that--did Whiteout only once a few years ago. Don't remember my Nemesis.

Granted, it isn't a simple instance, but still gives me a bit of incentive to play it again.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I didn't forget about Whiteout. Just naming the places that the Nemesis system had originally put them in the game. Not very many for a primary selling feature for Champions. Tagging them into places that guarantee a Nemesis showing up really doesn't count for random encounters in the game as a whole.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The MI one where you attack Steel Commando, there's a chance minions come out of the back room
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I definitely forgot about that one. But I've only been back that far once or twice out of the dozens of times I've done this mission.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    The MI one where you attack Steel Commando, there's a chance minions come out of the back room

Yes, I was going to mention this one. I've actually fought nemesis in this mission as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wait? Really--your Nem showed up inside this mission? I've never even seen my minions in that one.
    Granted, I've only played it twice (once before On Alert, once since).

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    theravenforce give me some good info:

If you solo Whiteout your nemesis by him/herself will appear, alongside Cyberlord and Cyberlord's minions to fight you.

If you take a team in and you are leading the team...the same thing will happen.

Hmmm...interesting. I've only done Whiteout a handful of times, but it was always before level 25. I may have to give that a go with some higher levels.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Too few.
    And allways the same. You know where and when they happen.

It should be anywhere, anytime with RNG.
    *gibbs slaps himself for dreaming of actual upgrades to Nemesis System*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And the Lava Temple one can happen multiple times in a row.
    Go in.
    Nemesis attacks.
    Defeat it.
    Exit.
    Enter.
    Nemesis attacks.

The ambush doesn't happen everytime you enter, but you just exit/enter until it does.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I got attacked three times today by nemesis minions of my own, and once by Nem minions of a team mate.

First was behind a random building in the north side of MC.
    second was in the park(both mine and my team mate's)
    third was on Monster island, where they showed up on the beach as I was fighting Viper losers.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I got attacked three times today by nemesis minions of my own, and once by Nem minions of a team mate.

First was behind a random building in the north side of MC.
    second was in the park(both mine and my team mate's)
    third was on Monster island, where they showed up on the beach as I was fighting Viper losers.

That's not based on location. It's based on a trigger linked to the power-ups that appear randomly when you destroy objects or defeat NPC's.

The thread is talking about places where your actual Nemesis shows up to fight you. :)
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, I'm new to the Nemesis thing... :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters