test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Minor network change, 4/3 @ 2am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2015 in Super News Network
Good news: Neverwinter on Xbox is popular. So much so that our network is pretty busy, and to be more efficient with our bandwidth usage, we're going to be making some network changes.

We're going to be switching some traffic from one circuit to a different one, and there's a chance that it will drop some players when the change happens. If you're dropped, keep calm and relog. You should be able to get right back in.

Start time: 2am PDT, on 4/3.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing happened!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reset the servers ....

... every 2 hours ....

so I can TRY to see the Cosmics before they go down and are gone (forever, practically).

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good to see NWO is getting positive reviews.

...Too bad CO's Xbox version got cancelled. Probably for the best though.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Nothing broke. Success!
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing broke. Success!

ORLY?

Something's wonky with my launcher. I, apparently, cannot connect to the patch server. Any idea what's up?
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited April 2015
    Disconnected from server.

Not even a lag warning or server time out, just kick!

And I just got back after 49 days away. How rude.

Maybe , as the orphan sang, "tomorrow there'll be sun."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Disconnected from server.

Not even a lag warning or server time out, just kick!

And I just got back after 49 days away. How rude.

Maybe , as the orphan sang, "tomorrow there'll be sun."
    I had a lot of that going on in STO this afternoon, with my new Delta Recruit (Fed-side). Every time I changed zones during the P'jem mission, it'd dump me straight out. That stopped around the time I started the mission "Stop the Signal", but when I started the next mission, "Rescue the Researchers", I started getting a lot of SNRs. This culminated with the beamdown to Kassae IV, where my toon appeared against a background that was shades of gray, and promptly started falling. At some point, he fell through the bottom of the geography and into space, then suddenly beamed onto the correct planetary surface, already surrounded by his away team.

That may have been related to the change in comm channels...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Jonsills, wait till you get the Roadblock- roadblock and when you go to the cargo hold, you appear under it then rise up.

Btw, the workaround is in the bug threads,
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    Jonsills, wait till you get the Roadblock- roadblock and when you go to the cargo hold, you appear under it then rise up.

Btw, the workaround is in the bug threads,
    Yeah, hit that one last night. Fortunately, there was someone in sector space who just kept repeating the workaround over and over, and equally fortunately you don't have to repeat the whole mission, just that last part in the combination brig/dock and then the last fight against the Klingon ship.

What amuses me most with this is that before Delta Recruitment hit, I scraped together enough Dilithium to buy 600 Zen, which I used to buy the Caitian playable race. And when I was assigned the initial Miranda in the Tutorial, it was named USS Lynx. When I got back to ESD, I moved into a Constitution-class (picked that one up a few months back in another Dil-Zen transaction). I asked the system for a random name - and it gave me USS Puma. I think I have the naming convention for this toon's ships now...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing broke. Success!

Actually...I think the in-game mail system broke slightly...I'm no longer getting message prompts when I relieve a new mail...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This just in. CO experienced massive disconnection issues. Players experienced SNRs and frequent disconnects. Especially those who were doing RAMPAGES!

Hope this isn't a bad sign...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This just in. CO experienced massive disconnection issues. Players experienced SNRs and frequent disconnects. Especially those who were doing RAMPAGES!

Hope this isn't a bad sign...

maybe it's a sign of how much pwe/cryptic prefers their other games to co....
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    maybe it's a sign of how much pwe/cryptic prefers their other games to co....
    You skipped over what I wrote about STO, I guess. :smile: Had a bunch of disconnects, such that a task that should have taken me maybe ten minutes occupied nearly an hour.

And "Roadblock" is one of the subsections of the adventure "Treasure Trading Station"; the problem it has, which apparently just started yesterday, is that you finish the adventure, return to sector space, and find out that the system doesn't think you finished yet. The workaround is that at the very beginning of the section, just before you take the turbolift down to the docking area, you need to press the "pause" button (takes you out of time for anywhere from ten to forty-five seconds, depending on how long you've built up), let the time run out on the pause, then board the turbolift. (Yes, it's weird - but it's no weirder than when they solved the rubberbanding issue in the Desert by removing all the coyotes.)

• Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    What amuses me most with this is that before Delta Recruitment hit, I scraped together enough Dilithium to buy 600 Zen, which I used to buy the Caitian playable race. And when I was assigned the initial Miranda in the Tutorial, it was named USS Lynx. When I got back to ESD, I moved into a Constitution-class (picked that one up a few months back in another Dil-Zen transaction). I asked the system for a random name - and it gave me USS Puma. I think I have the naming convention for this toon's ships now...

Old Mac OS version names? :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Old Mac OS version names? :wink:
    His next ship will be the USS Panther, I think. Keep that confusion alive just a little bit longer. :smile:

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At 5:45 ST, 'Server Not Responding' began. Went for full 5 minutes, responding and not responding. Until 5:50 ST it shut the game down.
    We mourn the lost.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still experiencing frequent lag spikes making the game difficult to play.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."